Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Dean of students

Belpre, OH

#53584 Jun 16, 2014
New book for teachers.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Lazy-Teachers-Handb...

Ever wonder what would happen if you stopped teaching your lessons? You might be surprised. If you want your students to learn more and you to work less, then this book provides you with all the arguments and evidence you need to become a lazy, but outstanding teacher. Gathered from over 10 years of experience in the classroom, this handbook of tried-and-tested techniques shifts the emphasis away from teaching and onto learning, and makes your life so much easier in the process. Sick of planning lessons? Get the students to plan them for you.(After all, personalized learning can't involve 30 lesson plans!). This powerful little book is packed full of easy-to-apply and highly effective strategies. What's more, they all have the seal of approval by real students in real classrooms. In fact, many of them have been created by the students themselves, but that s why Jim Smith is called the Lazy Teacher. So, next time someone says to you to 'get a life,' this book will make it possible.

“Save light, save coal.”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#53585 Jun 16, 2014
Paul Krugman points out Obama's accomplishments in Health care reform, climate policy, and financial reform.

Yes He Could
Health Care and Climate: President Obama’s Big Deals
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/16/opinion/pau...

And he got Bin Laden.
1 post removed
Busted

Belpre, OH

#53587 Jun 16, 2014
Over the last few days, I’ve heard the word “impeachment” from more of my sources on Capitol Hill than in the last six years combined.
One member of Congress told me to look at the Richard M. Nixon articles of impeachment and just change the name to Barack Obama.
That member believes many of the arguments about the Watergate cover-up apply to the current Benghazi cover-up scandal, the IRS Tea Party scandal and the AP telephone records scandal.
Here’s how article one against Nixon laid out the charges:
•making false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States
•withholding relevant and material evidence or information from lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States
Or how about this one:
•making or causing to be made false or misleading public statements for the purpose of deceiving the people of the United States into believing that a thorough and complete investigation had been conducted with respect to allegations of misconduct on the part of personnel of the executive branch of the United States
Seems to me all of these charges would apply to Obama’s situation, yet they are direct quotes from the articles condemning Tricky Dick.
It’s too early to say if Barack Obama will be impeached. But mark my words… before the first day of summer, at least one member of Congress will introduce articles of impeachment accusing Barack Obama of “high crimes and misdemeanors.”
Just in the last week, the public statements about potential impeachment have been astounding. Former Governor Mike Huckabee said,“I believe that before it’s all over, this president will not fill out his full term… I remind you, as bad as Watergate was, because it broke the trust between the president and the people, no one died. This is more serious because four Americans did in fact die.”
I know Mike personally, and he‘s not prone to hyperbole and over-the-top statements.
Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma said Benghazi is the,“most egregious cover-up in American history… People may be starting to use the I-word before too long.”
Chairman of the Government Reform and Oversight Committee, Congressman Darrell Issa, said of Benghazi,“This is a failure. We need to be investigating.”
When the Salt Lake Tribune asked Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah about impeachment, he said,“It’s certainly a possibility.”
Rep. Steve Stockman of Texas started the year talking about impeachment. As the White House prepared gun control proposals, Obama announced he would carry out a lot of his ideas through executive orders. Stockman, a strong defender of the Constitution, responded to Obama’s comments by saying:
“I will consider speaking with my colleagues and filing articles of impeachment… Impeachment is not something to be taken lightly. It is a grave and serious undertaking that should only be initiated in a sober and serious manner. It should be reserved only for most egregious of trespasses by the president. I would consider using executive orders to engage in attacks on a constitutionally-protected right and violating his sworn oath of office to be such a trespass.”
Stockman continued,“The president cannot issue executive orders depriving the people of full access to an enumerated constitutional right. I do not think it will come to that. The president is not an absolute ruler, and his actions and orders can be checked and balanced by the Congress and the courts – if the Congress is willing.”
Busted

Belpre, OH

#53588 Jun 16, 2014
Rep. Louie Gohmert, also of Texas, told NewsMax at the same time that Obama has,“already abused the law enough times that it’s just been staggering… It’s not a president who steps up and says:‘You know what? Previous Congresses have passed the law — and it’s been signed into law, and I disagree with it, so I’m just going to create new law — and as I speak, so shall it be,’” Gohmert concluded.
While these are just a few voices, I believe the chorus for impeachment will grow in the weeks ahead. Obama has made a series of highly questionable mistakes, and he refuses to take responsibility for the problems. Expect to hear much more about these scandals before the long, hot summer is over.
Busted

Belpre, OH

#53589 Jun 16, 2014
Obama does not deserve credit for Bin Laden.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/15/mi...
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53590 Jun 16, 2014
not only is the price of a tesla out of reach .. but whos going to pull the 900 pound battery out of the car ? replacement cost $15,000. tesla like the chevy volt = very low resale value.
WV land owner

Belpre, OH

#53591 Jun 16, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>tesla wont be around a year from now. bankrupt. and fracking is totally legal.
Happiness is Marcellus and Utica shale and money in my back pocket.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53592 Jun 16, 2014
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1022113_h... folks dont biy electric cars and other junk. parts cost a fortune.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53593 Jun 16, 2014
hurry sheriff joe apio is coming on FOX news. the toughest sheriff in america on mexican fence climbers.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53594 Jun 16, 2014
WV land owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Happiness is Marcellus and Utica shale and money in my back pocket.
drill baby drill.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53595 Jun 16, 2014
hahaha, sheriff joe apio of maricopa county az. just cut out all meats in meals for convicts. he made them all vegan's against their will.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53596 Jun 16, 2014
what do you "save the mexicans" libbys think of this video.
WV land owner

Belpre, OH

#53597 Jun 16, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
hurry sheriff joe apio is coming on FOX news. the toughest sheriff in america on mexican fence climbers.
I ordered a DDV about him from Netflix a couple of weeks back. I like the part where he had the TV hooked up to the exercise bike/ generator ..No free TV for the prisoners.

http://www.mcso.org/

He use to have a web cam in the jail.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53598 Jun 16, 2014
we have to continue pimp slapping the liberals.

Since: Feb 13

Fairmont, WV

#53599 Jun 16, 2014
"Busted" might be nuttier than the rest of you conservatives combined.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53600 Jun 16, 2014
http://www.targetofopportunity.com/joe_arpaio... read the first paragraph. liberals hate sheriff joe. to clucking bad isnt it libs.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53601 Jun 16, 2014
hurry ... FOX, watters world hillary edition. watters hits the streets and sticks a camera and mike in the faces of hollary supporters.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53602 Jun 16, 2014
WV land owner wrote:
<quoted text>
I ordered a DDV about him from Netflix a couple of weeks back. I like the part where he had the TV hooked up to the exercise bike/ generator ..No free TV for the prisoners.
http://www.mcso.org/
He use to have a web cam in the jail.
hahaha...did the liberals send in the NAACP or whatever that lib group is, in to complain about human rights ?
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#53603 Jun 16, 2014
Big_Suze_65 wrote:
"Busted" might be nuttier than the rest of you conservatives combined.
hi big suze.

“Save light, save coal.”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#53604 Jun 16, 2014
It seems there is someone at Fox news who still has some common sense left. He'll be fired, no doubt.
Shep Smith Gives Iraq Hawks A History Lessonhttp://www.huffingtonpos t.com/2014/06/13/shep-smith-ir aq_n_5493780.html?utm_hp_ref=m ostpopular
Fox News' Shep Smith bucked his network's conservative ideology by taking on Republicans who are pressing Obama on Iraq. The president has faced pressure to take aggressive action in response to the extremist Islamist insurgency that has seized two Iraqi cities and is bearing down on Baghdad.

"Are we about to be drawn back into a conflict in Iraq?" Smith asked. "The same people who 12 years ago told us this will be quick, this will be easy, this will be inexpensive, they will see us as liberators, it's the right thing to do, are now telling us,'It's the right thing to do.' What's the endgame? Who's thought this through?"

Smith argued the Iraq war provided a valuable history lesson: the George W. Bush administration led the U.S. into a war that exacted a heavy toll on all sides of the conflict for many years.

Talking Points Memo notes that Smith later told Fox News' Chris Wallace that he hasn't forgotten "being bamboozled" by the Bush administration's justification for invading Iraq.

"Well, I remember it. I think it would be wrong for us to just sit around and listen and not ask big questions," Smith said.

Smith's concern about a repeat of the 2003 Iraq War wasn't shared by some lawmakers. On Thursday, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. called for the resignation of Obama's national security team for their cautious approach to getting involved in the latest conflict in Iraq. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, accused the president of "taking a nap" as unrest spread.

On Friday, Obama announced that he is considering options on how the U.S. can assist Iraq, but held that "we will not be sending U.S. troops back into combat."

Smith once again proved that he isn't afraid to deviate from other conservatives with his remarks on Obama's approach to the Iraq conflict, as he did in endorsing Obama's stance on same-sex marriage and when Smith provided a contrast to his network's view on the released American prisoner of war, Bowe Berghdahl. Smith's warning against jumping into the conflict in Iraq echoed that of MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, who warned that the people who "most aggressively argued that we ought to start the Iraq War in 2003" should not be trusted when calling for intervention now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Employers need to stop hiring liberals 4 min MURICA 16
special metals is closing tube and bar mills! i... 12 min Mike 33
America Held Hostage Day 40 27 min MarkJ- 10
Don't hate 50 min Nut job 5
Making America Great Again Day 40 1 hr Obammy is your mammy 4
Tech workers complain about cost of living incr... 1 hr Gilley 3
Women that wear waaay too much makeup 1 hr Shogun 2

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance