Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#49054 May 10, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>si raising the debt ceiling helps the country?
Yes. Why else would Bush do it nine times?
George

Alkol, WV

#49055 May 10, 2014
If we are going to talk about man made stuff causing damage to the planet, the first and only thing worth discussing is population control. Without it all other things are basically pointless. IF we want to control our pollution and environmental impact on the planet we musst stop the ever exploding global population. That is the real threat. It is uncomfortable and maybe not politically correct to speak of, but it is the truth and we all know it.
George

Alkol, WV

#49056 May 10, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Why else would Bush do it nine times?
And what did Obama say about Bush doing it nine times? His exact words were what again? LOL Oh that is right, he was just lying to get elected, like everything else he said such as being Christian.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#49057 May 10, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>And what did Obama say about Bush doing it nine times? His exact words were what again? LOL Oh that is right, he was just lying to get elected, like everything else he said such as being Christian.
Are you saying he isn't a Christian?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#49058 May 10, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>You people have been saying that every year for a long time. When it doesnt happen, it is explained away as a natural variance. When it does you claim it as evidence of your global warming nonsense. Of course when you continually predict a weather event occasionally you will be right. Even a broken watch it right twice a day. A month or so ago I predicted a major earthquake and I was right. Does that make me some kind of expert?
Logic. By George.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#49059 May 10, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>That is not proof that man caused it, duh. The climate and the weather has changed all on its own for a very long time, sometimes to extremes. Like I said, you have no evidence man attributed CO2 has changed or caused anything.
What evidence would you accept as proof that man is causing a harmful change in climate?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#49060 May 10, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>ok I'm an idiot. I'm in the 3rd grade and you called me an idiot and I'm crying uncontrollably.
You believe this world was formed by an explosion from nothing yet you don't think life expectancies could have changed over the years. Now which one of those is the most far fetched?
Many people like you just simply don't believe in things that other men can't draw pictures and explain to you. It's a deficiency that can probably be overcome
Please don't call me names anymore. It scares me and makes me tremble.
Yes, life expectancies change over the years. But not 70 today, down from 950 over 2,000 years ago. Dumbass.

Do you think God just exploded from nothing? Was he always here? How did he come into existence?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#49061 May 10, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>Not to worry, Obama is sending in 8 military personnel do help. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant response to the abduction of hundreds of innocent children kidnapped by Muslim barbarians threatening to sell them into slavery. Maybe if they kidnap a couple thousand children the Mighty O might send a platoon. Excellent foreign policy.
If he sends 1,000, he would be the most lawless Kenyan in history meddling in others' business. If he sends 8, he is a coward. If he sends none, he is weak. If he sends a half-million, he's Bush. Like I said, if he walked on water, you dumbasses would say it's because he can't swim. Trust me, satisfying idiots who deny science and refuse fact isn't something he's concerned with these days. As long as he is black, the tea baggers will say the opposite is what he should have done. Of course, they will never actually state what the opposite is or articulate what they would do. That requires the ability to communicate coherently. And they still don't read good.
Just sayin

Ashburn, VA

#49062 May 10, 2014
George wrote:
If we are going to talk about man made stuff causing damage to the planet, the first and only thing worth discussing is population control. Without it all other things are basically pointless. IF we want to control our pollution and environmental impact on the planet we musst stop the ever exploding global population. That is the real threat. It is uncomfortable and maybe not politically correct to speak of, but it is the truth and we all know it.
Then allow abortions, provide birth control on insurance policies, teach sex education and provide condoms.
George

Alkol, WV

#49063 May 10, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying he isn't a Christian?
No, I think you are the who who said he was lying about being a Christian just to get elected. LOL
George

Alkol, WV

#49064 May 10, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic. By George.
And actually that is your logic, that was my point. LOL I see a pattern here.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#49065 May 10, 2014
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text> Then allow abortions, provide birth control on insurance policies, teach sex education and provide condoms.
Exactly. Population control REQUIRES the empowerment of women. Tea baggers aren't into that. Like at all.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#49066 May 10, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>No, I think you are the who who said he was lying about being a Christian just to get elected. LOL
So you think he is a Christian then?
Kevin

Charleston, WV

#49067 May 10, 2014
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text> Oh please elaborate and provide scientific data or sources, this is going to be good. If you could also provide evidence that being gay causes cognitive impairment that would be appreciated also.
Obviously You are not hip to the Giant Dragonfly. The answer to your second question is right here on the Madison forum. Mr goodbbitch, which is gay, got made to look a fool, broke down and had a thread removed because he could not compete. So Theirs the proof. He's kinda slow.. He's always down at the tracks pissing over rail road cars. To me the mans cognitive impairment is severe enough to get social security disability benefits. The man is a nut..I present Mr goodbitch as my evidence. I don't think I need to say more, I rest my case.
George

Alkol, WV

#49068 May 10, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence would you accept as proof that man is causing a harmful change in climate?
Actual scientific evidence.Flawed computer models and debunked "theories" are not scientific evidence or proof of anything. Speculation from already proven idiots is not scientific evidence. Considering the evidence we do have, that being the climate has changed all on its own, that we have had higher temps with lower CO2 levels, and lower temps with higher CO2 levels, I will admit that evidence will be hard to come by, because the evidence already confrims that nature does its own thing and strongly suggests that CO2 is not the driving force of the changes.
George

Alkol, WV

#49069 May 10, 2014
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text> Then allow abortions, provide birth control on insurance policies, teach sex education and provide condoms.
I dont have a problem with any of those....next. And the USA allowing all those wont control the global population now will they. So your entire comment was irrelevant, Try again.
1 post removed
George

Alkol, WV

#49071 May 10, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think he is a Christian then?
Hard to say, he claims he is but he is a habitual liar, so with him who knows. If it was almost anyone else, if they claimed to be a Christian like he does, I would say yes of course. I am not a narcissist who thinks I decide what religion or political party someone belongs to against their own declarations.. That is your department.
George

Alkol, WV

#49072 May 10, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
You need to click on the link to see the charts.
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/caus...
The Recent Role of the Greenhouse Effect
Since the Industrial Revolution began around 1750, human activities have contributed substantially to climate change by adding CO2 and other heat-trapping gases to the atmosphere. These greenhouse gas emissions have increased the greenhouse effect and caused Earth’s surface temperature to rise. The primary human activity affecting the amount and rate of climate change is greenhouse gas emissions from the burning of fossil fuels.
The Main Greenhouse Gases
The most important GHGs directly emitted by humans include CO2, CH4, nitrous oxide (N2O), and several others. The sources and recent trends of these gases are detailed below.
Carbon dioxide
Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas that is contributing to recent climate change. CO2 is absorbed and emitted naturally as part of the carbon cycle, through animal and plant respiration, volcanic eruptions, and ocean-atmosphere exchange. Human activities, such as the burning of fossil fuels and changes in land use, release large amounts of carbon to the atmosphere, causing CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere to rise.
The Recent Role of the Greenhouse Effect
Since the Industrial Revolution began around 1750, human activities have contributed substantially to climate change by adding CO2 and other heat-trapping gases to the atmosphere. These greenhouse gas emissions have increased the greenhouse effect and caused Earth’s surface temperature to rise. The primary human activity affecting the amount and rate of climate change is greenhouse gas emissions from the burning of fossil fuels.
The Main Greenhouse Gases
The most important GHGs directly emitted by humans include CO2, CH4, nitrous oxide (N2O), and several others. The sources and recent trends of these gases are detailed below.
Carbon dioxide
Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas that is contributing to recent climate change. CO2 is absorbed and emitted naturally as part of the carbon cycle, through animal and plant respiration, volcanic eruptions, and ocean-atmosphere exchange. Human activities, such as the burning of fossil fuels and changes in land use, release large amounts of carbon to the atmosphere, causing CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere to rise.
Methane
Methane is produced through both natural and human activities. For example, natural wetlands, agricultural activities, and fossil fuel extraction and transport all emit CH4.
Line graph with three trend lines that represent concentration of carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide over time. The three gasses follow a very similar pattern that starts low and is steady from year zero until sometime around 1900 where the concentration of all three gasses start increasing dramatically. In the first 1900 years carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide remain at levels around 280 parts per million and 250 parts per billion, respectively. By 2000, carbon dioxide measures around 380 parts per million and nitrous oxide measures around 320 parts per billion. Similarly methane remains at approximately 700 parts per billion until around 1800. By 2000, methane concentrations measure close to 2000 parts per billion. View enlarged image
This graph shows the increase in greenhouse gas (GHG) concentrations in the atmosphere over the last 2,000 years. Increases in concentrations of these gases since 1750 are due to human activities in the industrial era.
Methane is more abundant in Earth’s atmosphere now than at any time in at least the past 650,000 years.[2] Due to human activities, CH4 concentrations increased sharply during most of the 20th century and are now more than two-and-a-half times pre-industrial levels. In recent decades, the rate of increase has slowed considerably.[1]
More at link.
ROFL @ the EPA as a source. You might as well have said "because Obama said so".

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#49073 May 10, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>Actual scientific evidence.Flawed computer models and debunked "theories" are not scientific evidence or proof of anything. Speculation from already proven idiots is not scientific evidence. Considering the evidence we do have, that being the climate has changed all on its own, that we have had higher temps with lower CO2 levels, and lower temps with higher CO2 levels, I will admit that evidence will be hard to come by, because the evidence already confrims that nature does its own thing and strongly suggests that CO2 is not the driving force of the changes.
There is no evidence you will accept. That's funny. Tell me, why is this mountain evidence accepted by people like Stephen Hawking but not you? Are you smarter or just tougher to fool?
George

Alkol, WV

#49074 May 10, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Population control REQUIRES the empowerment of women. Tea baggers aren't into that. Like at all.
So is there anything at all we can do aside from genocide or a limit on births per year that will do anything to stop the population from growing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men who cheat 3 min Poor Mistress 4
Overdoses 11 min Simple Question 107
Hillary beats trump! 30 min Ibew 38
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 32 min Sundog512 1,554
KODI Amazon FIRE STICK Local SELLERS around here? 36 min XBMC4Life 2
Old Main Emporium 44 min Nerd 15
East end break-ins 45 min Dovels 80

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance