“Imagine Peace”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#45361 Mar 30, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how intimidated you idiots on the left are by the Koch Brothers. They are what, 59th on the list of top political donors and the majority of the donors above them donate to the democrats? Once again the democrat leaders have whipped the ignorant sheeple into a frenzy and caused them to soil their panties over left wing lies. If ignorance truly is bliss, you idiots must be blissful to the tenth power.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/15/th...
That's only $18 million in direct contributions from Koch Industries. At that level, one Koch brother equals 515,000 union members. The dark money, laundered through various PACs and think tanks, brings the total for 2012 to $412 million.
New Conservative Meme That Unions Outspend Koch Brothers On Elections Is Patently False
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/11/conser...
Recently, a new meme has been making its way around the conservative blogosphere and has been picked up by those in the mainstream media. Basically, conservatives are trying to push the story that the Koch brothers are not overly influential on the political process and that labor unions spend far more in campaign contribuions and donations to political organizations than the reclusive billionaires. They’ve used data from the Center for Responsive Politics to make their case for them.

Last week, Kimberly Strassel of the Wall Street Journal picked up on the meme and decided to push it out there for public consumption. She chastised Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) for attacking the Koch brothers for their spending and stated that he should go after the real enemy of democracy–the labor unions. She then pointed out, utilizing data from the CRP, that unions have spent greater than $600 million more than Koch Industries over the past 25 years on political campaigns.

Strassel was being obtuse for the purpose of pushing the narrative that union thugs are the real problem in politics and that it is unfair to pick on a couple of rich guys that don’t even spend all that much anyway. The fact is, that all political contributions from labor unions have to be disclosed, even if it goes towards indirect campaigning, like with political action committees (PACs.) Meanwhile, the Kochs have been able to secretly contribute hundreds of millions of dollars by setting up their own SuperPACs, creating shell companies or providing money to other people to then give to a candidate or a PAC supporting that candidate.

The fact is, that the CRP only shows disclosed and direct campaign contributions made by organizations, companies and individuals. On that level, the Kochs only show up as #59 overall for the past 25 years and contributed a total of $4.9 million in the previous election cycle. However, when you take into account all of the ‘dark’ money that the Kochs spent during the 2012 election, that figure balloons to a whopping $412 million. In comparison, the top ten labor unions combined spent a total of $153 million when counting all political contributions.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45362 Mar 30, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how intimidated you idiots on the left are by the Koch Brothers. They are what, 59th on the list of top political donors and the majority of the donors above them donate to the democrats? Once again the democrat leaders have whipped the ignorant sheeple into a frenzy and caused them to soil their panties over left wing lies. If ignorance truly is bliss, you idiots must be blissful to the tenth power.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/15/th...
they should fear the koch brothers. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/02/amer... were going em pay for what they have done to america the past 6 years.
George

Charleston, WV

#45363 Mar 30, 2014
Seems our esteemed King, Mr. Obama, thinks Moldova's border security is more important than our own. I wonder how many more border jumping criminal tunnel diggers we could keep out with an extra 10 million?

==========

PARIS (Reuters)- The United States on Sunday pledged $10 million to bolster border security in Moldova at a time when concerns are rising about divisions within the country over a trade deal with Europe and Russia's intervention in neighboring Ukraine.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45364 Mar 30, 2014
George wrote:
Adios ya pansy ass nanny state gun grabber. Dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. Dont write. Dont call. DONT come back.
==========
LOS ANGELES (AP)— CNN host Piers Morgan ended his show's three-year run with a plea for U.S. gun control.
Morgan devoted the final minutes of "Piers Morgan Live" Friday night to the issue that he said has been a consistent and often controversial part of the program.
ted nugent had the most to do with morgan getting fired. nugent is going after two more libbys, one is wolf blitzer and i forgot who the other is. i will find the video where nugent says hes coming after them...for stirring up death threats against him like piers morgan did.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45365 Mar 30, 2014
http://youtu.be/UGDCjk8XJgo here it is. this two bit hoe had better watch it or nugent will nail her too.
George

Charleston, WV

#45366 Mar 30, 2014
How about global warming alarmists/doomsdayer and hedge-fund manager Tom Steyer, who says he will spend at least $100 million on congressional and gubernatorial elections this year.

How about Comrade Bloomberg and his nanny state gun grabber agenda?

How about Soros?

There are extremely rich people on both sides with personal agendas pumping millions into buying our leaders to get their way. All our leaders are bought and paid for by one party or the other.
1 post removed

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#45368 Mar 30, 2014
George wrote:
How about global warming alarmists/doomsdayer and hedge-fund manager Tom Steyer, who says he will spend at least $100 million on congressional and gubernatorial elections this year.
How about Comrade Bloomberg and his nanny state gun grabber agenda?
How about Soros?
There are extremely rich people on both sides with personal agendas pumping millions into buying our leaders to get their way. All our leaders are bought and paid for by one party or the other.
Nobody owns and runs huge numbers of PACs like the Koch brothers. Stop pretending there's a comparable financial contributor to US politics. There isn't. Their American Heritage Foundation has spent $100 million on Obamacare lie ads (all debunked) alone. They won the SCOTUS ruling to allow their money to be called "free speech."

That's where you got your "93 million kicked off health insurance by Obama" ridiculous lies. Remember, George? Hahaha.

“Liberalism - Reward the takers”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Punish the makers

#45369 Mar 30, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody owns and runs huge numbers of PACs like the Koch brothers. Stop pretending there's a comparable financial contributor to US politics. There isn't. Their American Heritage Foundation has spent $100 million on Obamacare lie ads (all debunked) alone. They won the SCOTUS ruling to allow their money to be called "free speech."
That's where you got your "93 million kicked off health insurance by Obama" ridiculous lies. Remember, George? Hahaha.
Are these some of those "facts that have a liberal bias." Just because you write some ignorant rambling doesn't make it true.
http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/su...

Since: Sep 13

Clarksburg, WV

#45370 Mar 30, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Koch brother's backed American Heritage Foundation the same Heritage Foundation that created what would becaome the Affordable Care Act back when it was the conservative alternative to "Hillarycare?"
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45371 Mar 30, 2014
there was talk of healthcare for everyone during roosevelt and truman. kennedy especially talked about universal health care. now lets get down to the nitty gritty. tomorrow at midnight we shall see the numbers. i cant wait to see what obsama does about it.
1 post removed

Clarksburg, WV

#45373 Mar 30, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>name a country with all this flowery feel good stuff. i will be waiting so i can nail you to the wall.
Are you really that stupid "Fitness?" You really don't know that there are at least 36 countries that rank higher in healthcare access, outcomes, and cost? Are you even aware of what W.H.O. as an acronym stands for and how they rate world healthcare systems?

You honestly can't be so stupid that you don't know that there is no other nation that has adopted America's "every man for himself" healthcare paradigm that causes more than 2 million Americans to go bankrupt each year due solely to medical bills (most of whom have insurance)? Not to mention the fact that most economists fault our profit-based insurance system with keeping wages as well as our economy stagnant since business must pay for ever-increasing insurance costs which are generally fixed as part of other country's one-payer systems.

I mean seriously Fitness, if you want me to name every country that has higher living standards, better healthcare, solid economies, and higher wages, we will be here all freaking night.

So why don't you put aside the willful ignorance you showcase so consistently for a change, evolve some critical thinking skills, and do some research yourself that doesn't involve Fox "News" or talk radio.

Here, I'll even get you started. The average net worth of most Canadians is now $40,000.00 more than their American counterparts; also, they were able to avoid the banking crisis that affected America due to their strong banking regulations.

Here's one more. Australia has a $15.00 an hour minimum wage and yet they were able to avoid the most recent economic downturn. Also, most of their consumer goods are actually cheaper or roughly the same price as those in America.

I would cut and past the list of the 36 countries of the beat America in healthcare, but it's readily available on the internet and I need to finish watching Antonioni's 1961 masterpiece La Notte.

Suck it Fitness. Suck it hard.

“Liberalism - Reward the takers”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Punish the makers

#45374 Mar 30, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
there was talk of healthcare for everyone during roosevelt and truman. kennedy especially talked about universal health care. now lets get down to the nitty gritty. tomorrow at midnight we shall see the numbers. i cant wait to see what obsama does about it.
Spin city baby, spin city. Oliar is probably lining up all his liars even as we write these comments. Oliar himself, Biden, Reid, Pelosi, Wassermann-Schultz, Sebelius, Carney, et.al.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45375 Mar 30, 2014
Space-Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that stupid "Fitness?" You really don't know that there are at least 36 countries that rank higher in healthcare access, outcomes, and cost? Are you even aware of what W.H.O. as an acronym stands for and how they rate world healthcare systems?
You honestly can't be so stupid that you don't know that there is no other nation that has adopted America's "every man for himself" healthcare paradigm that causes more than 2 million Americans to go bankrupt each year due solely to medical bills (most of whom have insurance)? Not to mention the fact that most economists fault our profit-based insurance system with keeping wages as well as our economy stagnant since business must pay for ever-increasing insurance costs which are generally fixed as part of other country's one-payer systems.
I mean seriously Fitness, if you want me to name every country that has higher living standards, better healthcare, solid economies, and higher wages, we will be here all freaking night.
So why don't you put aside the willful ignorance you showcase so consistently for a change, evolve some critical thinking skills, and do some research yourself that doesn't involve Fox "News" or talk radio.
Here, I'll even get you started. The average net worth of most Canadians is now $40,000.00 more than their American counterparts; also, they were able to avoid the banking crisis that affected America due to their strong banking regulations.
Here's one more. Australia has a $15.00 an hour minimum wage and yet they were able to avoid the most recent economic downturn. Also, most of their consumer goods are actually cheaper or roughly the same price as those in America.
I would cut and past the list of the 36 countries of the beat America in healthcare, but it's readily available on the internet and I need to finish watching Antonioni's 1961 masterpiece La Notte.
Suck it Fitness. Suck it hard.
are you so stupid you cant answer a simple question. i asked you what country has all this flowery feel good stuff you said in your big long statement of bullchit.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45376 Mar 30, 2014
have you beat anybody up lately cowboy ?
1 post removed
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45378 Mar 30, 2014
1 post removed
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45380 Mar 30, 2014
http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/blo... seems like this says australia min. wage hike has hurt the younf workers there.
1 post removed
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45382 Mar 30, 2014
http://www.mastersinhealthcare.com/blog/2011/... people from all over the world come to america for the best.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45383 Mar 30, 2014
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45384 Mar 30, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin city baby, spin city. Oliar is probably lining up all his liars even as we write these comments. Oliar himself, Biden, Reid, Pelosi, Wassermann-Schultz, Sebelius, Carney, et.al.
hey man ive been watching that wasserman schultz.
look, at this hoe. she lies on every show shes on. eveyone you named is a liar. whats wrong with these liberals who feel like they have to follow liars ?
1 post removed

Clarksburg, WV

#45386 Mar 30, 2014
*your*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
smmc board and ceo thread 4 min SMMC GOLDEN PARAC... 27
Decent and cheap hotel 5 min steven 2
Earths demise 12 min santa 1
Best place to meet hot women 14 min -zapphod- 25
News Cabell Huntington Hospital president, CEO retiring 19 min CHH GOLDEN PARACHUTE 53
union at cabell 29 min Samuel Gompers 18
Huntington Cop Fired! But not named. 29 min fat losers in hun... 39
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]