Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45317 Mar 29, 2014
ukrainian navy surrenders ships. you would think at least they put up a little fight. dammm. those puzzys are going to let obama take care of them i betcha just like the welfare crowd here in america. new we got millions more on american welfare. ukrainians holding out their hands for obama bucks.

“ADL and Numbnuts”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Sittin in a tree

#45318 Mar 30, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read Katy Teabag. But gun ownership is down sharply. Gun sales are up though. Proof of ignorance. Unless, of course, there really is a war coming against Obama and his Kenyan/US Army.
Gun ownership is down but sales are up? Interesting. Care to produce some of those "liberal biased facts" of yours to support that statement?
1 post removed

“ADL and Numbnuts”

Level 1

Sittin in a tree

#45320 Mar 30, 2014
My original statement yesterday was that gun and ammo sales are up significantly under Obama. Bacon criticized my source for these comments. I simply asked him to refute my statement with supporting facts of his own. From that point on, libbys have entered their "denial and deflection" mode. The issue is simple, if you don't believe my facts, produce your own to the contrary. And yes Bacon, crickets are still chirping.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#45321 Mar 30, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
My original statement yesterday was that gun and ammo sales are up significantly under Obama. Bacon criticized my source for these comments. I simply asked him to refute my statement with supporting facts of his own. From that point on, libbys have entered their "denial and deflection" mode. The issue is simple, if you don't believe my facts, produce your own to the contrary. And yes Bacon, crickets are still chirping.
You're high. I didn't criticize your data. I made fun of the source. I even said I "couldn't get past" the author. I don't read your tea bagger blogs. They're always the same - some one who hates Obama says something bad but completely meaningless about Obama. Nothing new here. Of course gun sales and ammo sales are up. The people who make those things told you dumbasses he is the anti-Christ and is coming to take them away. What, am I supposed to surprise you believed them? I wasn't.

But yes, gun ownership is down. Sorry. Just a fact. But I know - facts have a liberal bias. A larger portion of the US doesn't own guns, the same dumbasses are just buying more of them. Proof of ignorance.
1 post removed

“ADL and Numbnuts”

Level 1

Sittin in a tree

#45323 Mar 30, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
Here's what Bacon said, about three pages back near the top:
"Background checks are great. Too bad criminals don't use them - they can just buy online or at a gun show.
And I couldn't get past your tea bagger blog's "about the author."
Katie Pavlich is the News Editor at Townhall.com . Follow her on Twitter @katiepavlich. She is also the author of Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and the Shameless Cover-Up.
“ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATING! Intrepid investigative journalist Katie Pavlich rips the lid off Team Obama’s murderous corruption and anti-Second Amendment zealotry" says Michelle Malkin.
"Katie Pavlich draws back the curtain on a radical administration that put Mexican and American lives at risk for no discernible reason other than to advance an ideological agenda." - David Limbaugh
Too goddamn funny. And shhhh... Don't tell Katie that Bush started Fast and Furious. Obama ended it."
He wasn't denying that gun sales are up. He actually read the fine print about the author in your source, and was pointing out the ridiculously over the top tea party rhetoric. They certainly do have a uniquely skewed view of events. It's sort of the same thing as any other ideology, in that the strange tilt and elaborate expressions of the rhetoric become pompous self-parodies, and less expressive of the actual facts or situation.
Again,more deflection and denial. Talk about Katy Pavlich instead of the subject matter. My statement was that Obama is a great gun salesman, it had nothing to do with gun ownership statistics. Nice to see you defending your "significant other" though, Bacon can certainly use some help sorting out all of his half truths and lies.
John

Bladensburg, MD

#45324 Mar 30, 2014
Snowing here this morning. More global warming. Are those scientists still getting their lie checks in the mail?
1 post removed

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#45326 Mar 30, 2014
John wrote:
Snowing here this morning. More global warming. Are those scientists still getting their lie checks in the mail?
Weather isn't climate. You and George must be dating.

“ADL and Numbnuts”

Level 1

Sittin in a tree

#45327 Mar 30, 2014
Quit twisting and squirming and state what your subject matter is. Every time I try to clarify what seems to be the issue, you go through more contortions and say that wasn't what you meant. You're getting as bad as George. I thought I was doing pretty well for early morning before my caffeine level is optimal.
The talk about Katy Pavlich was a comment peripheral to the article, this article from your original comment:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...
Here is the text of that article:
"2013 Guns Sales Set New Record
The FBI has released new statistics on NICS background checks showing 2013 gun sales hit a new record. The total number of background checks conducted for gun sales last year add up to 21,093,273, beating the previous 2012 record of 19,592,303 by 1,500,970. Texas conducted the most background checks with 1,633,278. Kentucky came is second with 1,578,331 background checks conducted.
These significant numbers came during a year when Democrats and the White House attempted multiple times to push through new gun control measures. In 2013, President Obama released a number of executive actions on gun control and wasted no time in 2014 doing the same. States that implemented more gun control measures in 2013 saw a spike in gun sales, especially in relation to population. Gun sales in Maryland doubled, going from 136,604 in 2012 to 231,361 in 2013. In 2012, Colorado conducted 414,838 checks, in 2013, there were 514,658. In Connecticut, 237,496 checks were conducted in 2012 and in 2013, 294,338 went through the system. Background checks in New York, home of the S.A.F.E. Act, also went up in 2013.
So who's buying these guns? According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation and NBC news, women are the fastest growing demographic of gun owners.
President Obama is indeed the best gun salesman in U.S. history. "
Bacon did not contest the article. He was just getting a laugh out of the blurbs about Katy Pavlich. I am not contesting the article. We agree with you. US gun sales are up.
I note that you have latched onto the last line and started repeating it as your own. I doubt that Obama is a gun salesman registered with the BATF, or whatever they call themselves now. As I said last night, The right wing media is using Obama as a bogeyman to scare its base into a knee-jerk reaction of buying more guns. Not that they care about gun sales. It could be Bibles or kumquats. They just want you to be scared of the Democrat so you will vote Republican.
It would be political suicide for a Democratic politician to endorse "coming for your guns." I don't think any of them have seriously proposed that sort of thing, but your own media has you scared to death of it for the sake of votes.
President Obama is indeed the best gun salesman in U.S. history.
So on the one hand you say that women are the fastest growing demographic of gun owners, yet on the other hand you say that gun sales have increased because the right wing media is scaring it's base. Interesting, when did women become a part of the right wing media base? I thought the the right hated women? Deflection, denial, deflection, denial, you just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper.
1 post removed

“ADL and Numbnuts”

Level 1

Sittin in a tree

#45329 Mar 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Why can't both women and previous owners be buying more guns? The ideas are not contradictory or mutually exclusive. Everything I have said today has been either attempting to clarify something, or agreeing with you, yet you keep saying I am deflecting and denying. OK, addressing that issue, I deny that I have been denying and deflecting today. Happy now? It is you that has been twisting, contorting, and moving the target, starting with your misunderstanding of bacon's comment about the writer of the article. Are you sure you're not a woman? In your head, everything I say is wrong, even though I have bent over backwards to explain things and agree with you.
You forgot to say your mantra, "President Obama is indeed the best gun salesman in U.S. history".
You are even too effing stupid to understand your own ignorant ramblings. As dumb as Bacon is, in comparison you make him look like Stephen Hawking. Let's put forth a new mantra…"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period." BWAHAHAHABWAHAHA!!!
1 post removed
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45331 Mar 30, 2014
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/01/1... the more you liberal loons talk the more worse it gets for ya. you see libbys, tens of millions of americans are peaceful law abiding americans and you are phhucking with the wrong people UNDERSTAND ?.
2 posts removed
John

Bladensburg, MD

#45334 Mar 30, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Weather isn't climate. You and George must be dating.
snow is weather. It is snowing. If the climate is warming, it would cause the weather to be rain rather than snow. If you think a warming climate makes it snow more, you must be retarded or a democrat or both.
Jimmy Love

Matawan, NJ

#45335 Mar 30, 2014
Horse Pecker! Is bigger!
John

Bladensburg, MD

#45336 Mar 30, 2014
Gun homicide rate down 49% since a 1993 peak. Let's all pretend we need to start banning them now.
1 post removed
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45338 Mar 30, 2014
<quoted text>
And yet the US still has the developed world's highest gun homicide rate per capita (excluding Mexico and its drug war).
Chart: The U.S. has far more gun-related killings than any other developed country
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldview...
Here is the article which you did not supply the link for:
Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware
Pace of Decline Slows in Past Decade
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun...
One thing I note from the chart on page 1 titled "Rate of Firearm Homicide Deaths 1981-2010" is that the rate stays fairly level or increases during Republican presidencies, and decreases under Democratic ones.
less guns equals more crime.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45339 Mar 30, 2014
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45340 Mar 30, 2014
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/g... you libs cant argue with the F.B.I.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45341 Mar 30, 2014
why dont you green party democrat libbys go buy some pet food for the local animal shelter. let the republicans/independants/tea party folks handle it from here on out.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45342 Mar 30, 2014
oh i left out the libertarians. excuse me.
1 post removed
George

United States

#45344 Mar 30, 2014
WASHINGTON (AP)— Despite a late surge in sign-ups, support for President Barack Obama's health care law is languishing at its lowest level since passage of the landmark legislation four years ago, according to a new poll.

The Associated Press-GfK survey finds that 26 percent of Americans support the Affordable Care Act.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45345 Mar 30, 2014
the citizens cant fight back. gun laws dont add up libbys. now why dont you libbys go set up a ice cold lemonade stand out in the desert for our uninvited guests who climb over fences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
for a black people 8 min American slave 393
Wheres Markj the political hack? 19 min Ibew 166
tlk group (May '14) 26 min Employee 85
Los Mariachi's Restaurant (Jan '12) 1 hr What up 8
Friend of Micah (Mar '15) 1 hr 44 Magnum Opus 37
Blue Live Matter Govenor signs bill 1 hr Mark J 4
The Lantern rape scandle 1 hr concerned 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages