“Liberalism - Reward the takers”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Punish the makers

#45157 Mar 27, 2014
billybob wrote:
<quoted text>you sound like a queer!!and a crybaby
Your handle is "billybob" and you are calling me a queer? Precious!!
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#45158 Mar 27, 2014
Bubinski.....you asked for me to prove that bacon did not like checks and balances. The proof was within his defense of Obama's lack of use with Obamacare. You use executive order for maybe a couple of things but not practically rewrite your signature tax law. Obama was too scared to do that, for he brought up any amendments like he was suppose to, then he knew there would be huge debates and questions he could not answqer.

“Imagine Peace”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#45159 Mar 27, 2014
House Republicans prove hatred of America with 'No More Parks' bill
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/26/1287...

Image from Grand Teton National Park with TR quote.
The House voted today to undo what they can of President Teddy Roosevelt's legacy. They voted to pass the "Ensuring Public Involvement in the Creation of National Monuments Act," their effort to make sure that no more land worth saving from mining, drilling, logging or fracking is indeed saved through executive action. It passed, of course, 222-201, but is unlikely to advance in the Senate, which is reason number infinity why we need the Senate.

Back in 1906, Roosevelt signed the Antiquities Act, which gives the president the power to designate significant cultural, historical or ecological sites—which are already public land—as monuments. Since then, 16 presidents (evenly divided by part) have protected sites like the Grand Canyon, Acadia, Muir Woods and Olympic national parks through the monument designation. These places eventually became national parks through congressional action, but were preserved thanks to the Antiquities Act.

They didn't do this just because they hate protected public land. They also did it because they hate the fact that President Obama has the power—which every president before him since Teddy Roosevelt has had—to designate protected land without giving them the opportunity to derail his efforts. Of course, why they say they're doing it is because the president can act unilaterally, without public input, and because of the terrible economic impact these protected lands have.

Both of which are bullshit. The public loves national parks and monuments and thinks it's government's job to protect public land, to the tune of almost 90 percent of likely voters (as of this 2012 poll).

Nearly 90 percent of voters think that candidates who prioritize national parks are seen as caring about the environment, protecting our heritage for the future, patriotic, and a good steward of our nation’s resources. And as the National Park Service approaches its centennial in 2016, a majority of likely voters (77 percent) say it is important for the next president to ensure that parks are fully restored and ready to serve and be relevant to future generations in their second century.

The economic impact of national parks was felt as recently as last fall, when the Republican House shut them down. The communities around the parks lost $414 million in just 16 days. Every dollar invested in a national park, the National Park Service has found, comes back to the community 10-fold. A study released earlier this month by the NPS found that visits to parks in 2012 generated $14.7 billion in spending in “gateway” communities, those within 60 miles of a park. All that money spent by park visitors supported 243,000 jobs and contributed $26.8 billion to the national economy.

Once again, the Republican House wasted time on a bill that is diametrically opposed to the will of the public. Once again, they wasted time on a bill that will not even get a hearing in the Senate. And once again they proved that they really do hate America.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#45160 Mar 27, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is, but I wouldn't expect someone who delivers newspapers for a living to understand finance. If you have 30+ million people who are uninsured, what do you think will happen when a percentage of these people get sick or injured? Since there are no rules against pre-existing conditions, the sick or injured will run out and purchase insurance. If enough of these incidences happen, insurance premiums will rise.
People who are sick or injured and need insurance aren't going to be late for their chance. The extension is to allow more healthy people to sign up - you know, the ones who WOULD BE LATE and procrastinate. You should be lobbying for a longer enrollment period, not a shorter one. The bigger the pool, the lower the premiums The longer the enrollment, the bigger the pool. This extension is basically like a call to all the healthy people to let them know they have one more chance to comply. Your logic is that sick people will wait for the last minute to get health insurance, but healthy people jumped all over it right away. That's flawed logic Res.

And ending the legal discrimination against sick people is one of the primary reasons why the ACA is supported. What is it with you guys and the idea that you have to f_ck someone to get yours?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#45161 Mar 27, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
House Republicans prove hatred of America with 'No More Parks' bill
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/26/1287...
Image from Grand Teton National Park with TR quote.
The House voted today to undo what they can of President Teddy Roosevelt's legacy. They voted to pass the "Ensuring Public Involvement in the Creation of National Monuments Act," their effort to make sure that no more land worth saving from mining, drilling, logging or fracking is indeed saved through executive action. It passed, of course, 222-201, but is unlikely to advance in the Senate, which is reason number infinity why we need the Senate.
Barack would veto it anyway. That's why I love to hear the tea baggers get all antsy about their chance of taking both houses. As if it matters. It's like making them captains of the JV team. They still can't play in the big boy game even if they won them both (which they won't).

Level 1

Punish the makers

#45162 Mar 27, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
People who are sick or injured and need insurance aren't going to be late for their chance. The extension is to allow more healthy people to sign up - you know, the ones who WOULD BE LATE and procrastinate. You should be lobbying for a longer enrollment period, not a shorter one. The bigger the pool, the lower the premiums The longer the enrollment, the bigger the pool. This extension is basically like a call to all the healthy people to let them know they have one more chance to comply. Your logic is that sick people will wait for the last minute to get health insurance, but healthy people jumped all over it right away. That's flawed logic Res.
And ending the legal discrimination against sick people is one of the primary reasons why the ACA is supported. What is it with you guys and the idea that you have to f_ck someone to get yours?
I have no problem at all with covering pre-existing conditions, however,I don't agree with the rest of your argument. Not having a firm deadline allows people to put off buying insurance until they need it which raises premiums for everyone. It is the same thing as if you could put off buying automobile insurance until you have a wreck.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#45163 Mar 27, 2014
Well Duh wrote:
Bubinski.....you asked for me to prove that bacon did not like checks and balances. The proof was within his defense of Obama's lack of use with Obamacare. You use executive order for maybe a couple of things but not practically rewrite your signature tax law. Obama was too scared to do that, for he brought up any amendments like he was suppose to, then he knew there would be huge debates and questions he could not answqer.
The GOP has voted over 50 times to repeal Obamacare. ALL FAILURES. Cost:$100 million.

The GOP has shut down the government for an Obamacare babyfit. TOTAL FAILURE. Cost:$24 billion.

The GOP has spent two years on a Benghazi investigation to prove Obama or Hillary did something wrong. TOTAL FAILURE. Cost:$100 million (low estimate) and counting.

The GOP has held over a dozen hearings to prove the Obama had the IRS target conservative groups. TOTAL FAILURE. Cost:$14 million and counting.

When is it time to start working to better the nation?

Level 1

Punish the makers

#45164 Mar 27, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP has voted over 50 times to repeal Obamacare. ALL FAILURES. Cost:$100 million.
The GOP has shut down the government for an Obamacare babyfit. TOTAL FAILURE. Cost:$24 billion.
The GOP has spent two years on a Benghazi investigation to prove Obama or Hillary did something wrong. TOTAL FAILURE. Cost:$100 million (low estimate) and counting.
The GOP has held over a dozen hearings to prove the Obama had the IRS target conservative groups. TOTAL FAILURE. Cost:$14 million and counting.
When is it time to start working to better the nation?
Any yet in spite of all of these democrat exaggerations, republicans are set to take both the Senate and the House this fall. What does that say about you ignorant morons?
billybob

United States

#45165 Mar 27, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem at all with covering pre-existing conditions, however,I don't agree with the rest of your argument. Not having a firm deadline allows people to put off buying insurance until they need it which raises premiums for everyone. It is the same thing as if you could put off buying automobile insurance until you have a wreck.
isn't it past your bedtime?
1 post removed
really

Clarksburg, WV

#45167 Mar 27, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>You live in Mannington? Well don't worry, Obama will borrow borrow enough money from China to fund both the Social Security that I worked over 40 years to earn and the third or fourth generation welfare check that you feel entitled to.
No I don't live there don't know why it puts me there. Never have been on welfare and have worked since I was 14 so think for once before you open your fat trap!

“Can't we all just get along?”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#45168 Mar 27, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>I am in favor of a cutoff date. Either you want insurance or you don't. I made insurance a priority and signed up in December. WTF!
Why should there be any date? Why should anyone tell me I have to sign up for anything? What if I don't have any money for that? What if I barely make it by now? I actually thought this was America where I had the right to say yes or no and was free to make my choice. This is not a communist country if I wanted to live like that I would move to
Russia or north Korea. Now they are only going to charge me triple next year. Why should I lose my doctor I have had for twenty years? You signed on from what I can read because you get paid to do nothing with some kind of "injury" I'm so sure.

Level 1

Punish the makers

#45169 Mar 27, 2014
A1CaRs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should there be any date? Why should anyone tell me I have to sign up for anything? What if I don't have any money for that? What if I barely make it by now? I actually thought this was America where I had the right to say yes or no and was free to make my choice. This is not a communist country if I wanted to live like that I would move to
Russia or north Korea. Now they are only going to charge me triple next year. Why should I lose my doctor I have had for twenty years? You signed on from what I can read because you get paid to do nothing with some kind of "injury" I'm so sure.
Because too many whiny, limp dicked liberals refuse to take responsibility for themselves and look to the democrats, who are buying votes, to take care of them. Plus you are living in a communist country, at least as long as Ostooge is in office.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#45170 Mar 27, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
You're contending that MORE people will obtain an illness or injury in the next two weeks and sign up than normal healthy people will (who just fuct around and waited to long). If it was a 6-month extension, you would have a point. But it's a very short time. Mathematically, the pool will be made larger and healthier through this specific extension. I think you know that.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#45171 Mar 27, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Any yet in spite of all of these democrat exaggerations, republicans are set to take both the Senate and the House this fall. What does that say about you ignorant morons?
"Set to take." Funny. Reminds me of "Romney will win by ten points."

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#45172 Mar 27, 2014
A1CaRs wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. Here's why:

Because it is a mathematical certainty that you will create a large healthcare debt between now and the time you die. If at no other time, your death will almost definitely cost $10,000, but likely much more. And the public should not have to pay that bill. You shouldn't want to stick it to us like that. We have been paying that bill for a long time, and it broke this nation. Like for real.

This guy is why I have advocated for "Garbage Bag Exemption." You don't want coverage? Fine. But you will not receive treatment in any US hospital without cash up front for all services rendered, regardless of condition. When you die, you get a garbage bag and transport to a mass grave. We will honor you with a sign above that mass grave that says "Here lies the GOP."
bubinski

Hurricane, WV

#45173 Mar 27, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
And, when that doesn't happen, they will have failed again, yet you'll still support them.
bubinski

Hurricane, WV

#45174 Mar 27, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Be patient, you will get to blow me later.
Grow up, Beavis.
bubinski

Hurricane, WV

#45175 Mar 27, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't live there don't know why it puts me there. Never have been on welfare and have worked since I was 14 so think for once before you open your fat trap!
Hasn't happened yet. He thinks this is live and that he doesn't have time to think before he posts.
bubinski

Hurricane, WV

#45176 Mar 27, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
"Set to take." Funny. Reminds me of "Romney will win by ten points."
He probaboy believes they are "set to take" the White House this fall, too.

Since: Sep 13

Clarksburg, WV

#45177 Mar 27, 2014
You should get a free b.j. when you sign up. That would have tipped the scale for a lot of us still on the fence.

Or maybe a handjob (if you only go with a Bronze plan).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sadyz evans 16 min Gina junky 5
to the girl i met in mountsterling ,ky 52 min dale j 5
Brittany davis tef willow mhmm 59 min hilarious 14
my mom 1 hr jlw 15
Layoffs at Special Metals 1 hr dotem82 14
Martin/Lemaster - Shame on the police and prose... 1 hr Team Rational 151
Amber Ferguson 2 hr whatever 3
Martin on Drugs 6 hr Team Rational 215
Special Metals - New Management in the works? (Jun '14) Mon friend 157

Fire Warning for Cabell County was issued at March 31 at 12:34PM EDT