Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#38675 Jan 26, 2014
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know if Rand Paul is a liar because Glenn Kessler is the one that wrote that blog and he is a known liberal who has at times twisted the facts around.
“I found out that my adult son was going to cost $6,000 dollars, which is more than I used to pay for my entire insurance,” Paul said.

This is a lie, I don't care who wrote it, Rand said it.

Ravenswood

#38676 Jan 26, 2014
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know if Rand Paul is a liar because Glenn Kessler is the one that wrote that blog and he is a known liberal who has at times twisted the facts around.
"I think the point was that Kentucky, where Rand Paul and his family lives, doesn't automatically enroll people in Medicaid.

ObamaCare includes an option for Medicaid - The states could either automatically enroll someone in Medicaid if they didn't qualify for the exchanges because of their income. The other option was to simply notify the person that while they did not qualify for the exchanges, they were eligible for Medicaid.

Kentucky opted for the "notify only" option, hoping to save some state money, because people would have to personally enroll then, instead of just being added to the Medicaid rolls. In other words, Rand Paul's son could not have been "automatically" enrolled. He would have had to have filled out and submitted an application for Medicaid benefits directly through the state.

So, Rand Paul either doesn't know what he's talking about, or he knows, and is flat out lying about it."
leighla

Kingwood, WV

#38677 Jan 26, 2014
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
"I think the point was that Kentucky, where Rand Paul and his family lives, doesn't automatically enroll people in Medicaid.
ObamaCare includes an option for Medicaid - The states could either automatically enroll someone in Medicaid if they didn't qualify for the exchanges because of their income. The other option was to simply notify the person that while they did not qualify for the exchanges, they were eligible for Medicaid.
Kentucky opted for the "notify only" option, hoping to save some state money, because people would have to personally enroll then, instead of just being added to the Medicaid rolls. In other words, Rand Paul's son could not have been "automatically" enrolled. He would have had to have filled out and submitted an application for Medicaid benefits directly through the state.
So, Rand Paul either doesn't know what he's talking about, or he knows, and is flat out lying about it."
I understand that but the fact remains more people came forward and said the same thing happened to them. There was a glitch in the system.

Ravenswood

#38678 Jan 26, 2014
I would LOVE to see this one brought down.

It is no surprise then that Rick Perry now finds himself being investigated for abuse of office charges and coercion revolving around the Texas Public Integrity Unit. Here is what happened:

When Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg was arrested in April on drunken driving charges, Perry used it as an excuse to cut funding for the unit. He and other Republicans demanded Lehmberg resign. Perry even told her if she didn’t resign he’d cut $3.7 million in funding to her office.

Lehmberg is a Democrat. If she resigned, Perry would have the opportunity to appoint a Republican political hack in her place, someone more compliant to the corruption of his administration. Instead, inconveniently, she owned up to her error, served her time, and stayed on the job. And in June, as threatened, he vetoed that funding.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/18/rick-p...

Ravenswood

#38679 Jan 26, 2014
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that but the fact remains more people came forward and said the same thing happened to them. There was a glitch in the system.
And there will be glitches. Something this big will have glitches. But I don't think too many people in Kentucky making $175000 a year, had their kid accidentally signed up for medicaid.
Yes it is me

Milton, WV

#38680 Jan 26, 2014
Was watching some news show this morning and the reporter ask the financial wizard government supporting liar if raising the minimum wage would help our economy. He said not really because the government cannot legislate us out of our economic situation. I thought that was a strange statement since they have legislated our way to the poor house with economic deals such as NAFTA, welfare, SSI fraud, allowing no profit companies such as Blue Cross n Blue Shield to outsource jobs plus a long list of other examples. The stupid reporter just took his lame answer and moved on with no rebuttle at all. These folks are taking us all for a bunch of morons who do not understand a thing about any of this? That's known as pissing down our backs and telling us it is raining. I for one am tired of getting raped every day by taxes and fees and never having money for me and mine. Look at your W2s and see for yourself and tell me it is fair. Obama has not given the middle class one damn thing. No tax breaks or nothing....just false hope. Have a hope sandwich or fill your vehicle up with hope gas that has doubled in price since the Bush administration. I am sick of all of this.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#38681 Jan 26, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
Liberals really are low class or no class scumbags.
http://www.sunjournal.com/news/columns-analys...
This guy is an idiot. Why would he stop at New York? Dumb gunnut racist whackos who want to legislate vaginas and aren't welcome anywhere.

“Save light, save coal.”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#38682 Jan 26, 2014
There's another example of cherry-picking data. Up until we went to war for oil, the price was relatively reasonable, about $1.40/gal. Then it kept climbing until the Sept. 2008 financial crash, the ultimate result of conservative policies. Gas demand also crashed, so the price was low when Obama took office. When the price recovered to the previous levels, yeah, it was double what it was when Bush left office in disgrace. The government has little to do with setting gas prices. Maybe you should look at the companies that sell the stuff. They have more money and get more subsidies than the poor people who everyone on the right love to complain about. Look at this chart of historical gas prices.
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38683 Jan 26, 2014
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we know. He's also an idiot.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...

Fairmont, WV

#38684 Jan 26, 2014
Yes it is me wrote:
Was watching some news show this morning and the reporter ask the financial wizard government supporting liar if raising the minimum wage would help our economy. He said not really because the government cannot legislate us out of our economic situation. I thought that was a strange statement since they have legislated our way to the poor house with economic deals such as NAFTA, welfare, SSI fraud, allowing no profit companies such as Blue Cross n Blue Shield to outsource jobs plus a long list of other examples. The stupid reporter just took his lame answer and moved on with no rebuttle at all. These folks are taking us all for a bunch of morons who do not understand a thing about any of this? That's known as pissing down our backs and telling us it is raining. I for one am tired of getting raped every day by taxes and fees and never having money for me and mine. Look at your W2s and see for yourself and tell me it is fair. Obama has not given the middle class one damn thing. No tax breaks or nothing....just false hope. Have a hope sandwich or fill your vehicle up with hope gas that has doubled in price since the Bush administration. I am sick of all of this.
I couldn't disagree more. It is true that the "government" can legislate America out of our economic situation (if you know the history of economic and general domestic policy then it is moronic to think otherwise); however, Obama and the Democrats have TRIED LIKE HELL to help our economy by addressing the one thing most Nobel prize winning economists say matters the most -- addressing severe income inequality.

Obama has attempted to raise the minimum wage to a standard close to what other successful countries have (Australia's is $16.00 per hour for f*cks sake, and their cost of living is the same as ours'), but Republicans shot that down. A raise in minimum wage would have cut those receiving welfare benefits in half (more than half of those on welfare work full time at low wage sh*tholes like Walmart); it would have raised other wages as every time minimum wage increases, other wages go up, and it would have provided more disposable income to be pumped into the economy. Again, the fact it was not raised is 100 percent the fault of conservatives.

Americans MUST get off of this insane preoccupation with lowering taxes. The only thing anyone should be worried about regarding taxes is 1. Lowering taxes for the wealthy and corporations NEVER helps the economy or creates jobs because it does not address supply and demand -- there is no reason to hire more workers if demand id the same -- study after study proves this. 2. America has lowered taxes for the wealthy so much in the last thirty years that most of the wealthy in this country pay a lower percentage of their wealth in taxes than those earning $40,000 per year! Not only that, but the lack of revenue that has resulted means we can no longer invest in infrastructure which creates jobs.

Obama HAS DONE EVERYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE TO HELP THE WORKING POOR AND MIDDLE CLASS AND REPUBLICANS HAVE BLOCKED EVERYTHING!

Seriously, what in the hell is the matter with you people? Do you not pay attention or do you just hate blacks that freaking much?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38685 Jan 26, 2014
Yes it is me wrote:
Obama lowered your taxes.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09...

He's also tried to punish outsourcers, but it was blocked by the GOP through filibuster.

http://ourfuture.org/20120720/republicans-fil...

He's also trying to increase minimum wage. But - you guessed it - BLOCKED by the GOP.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/gop-...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38686 Jan 26, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
There's another example of cherry-picking data. Up until we went to war for oil, the price was relatively reasonable, about $1.40/gal. Then it kept climbing until the Sept. 2008 financial crash, the ultimate result of conservative policies. Gas demand also crashed, so the price was low when Obama took office. When the price recovered to the previous levels, yeah, it was double what it was when Bush left office in disgrace. The government has little to do with setting gas prices. Maybe you should look at the companies that sell the stuff. They have more money and get more subsidies than the poor people who everyone on the right love to complain about. Look at this chart of historical gas prices.
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart...
We give the oil companies more money than it takes to run ALL of our entitlement programs for the poor.

http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/

But when you're dealing with 40 percent of the American public who HAVE BEEN TOLD that poor people are the problem, they're duped into paying this no mind. After all, if you're an oil billionaire, it's way easier to have people mad at the single mom and her free cell phone than it is to have them protesting you.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38687 Jan 26, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't get the joke, maybe you should stick to reading coloring books.
How come we never hear of people seeing the face of Ronald Reagan on a piece of toast or in a water stain on a highway underpass? Maybe he's not really a saint. But man, he sure did look sharp in a suit.
This is a phenomenon known as illusory face perception, which may be a carryover effect of the brain wiring that allows an infant to recognize its mother. It is the brain's tendency to see human faces in inanimate objects. Somewhere I have a picture of a tea stain on a white stove. Half of it is a pretty good modernistic Madonna and child. Upside down, the other half is a pretty good Peter Rabbit.
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/see-jesus-toast...
http://cooltoast.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perceptions_of_r...
I pissed in the snow yesterday and it looked like Chris Christie.

Ravenswood

#38688 Jan 26, 2014
Big mouth George better be careful.
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/01/24/3...

Ravenswood

#38689 Jan 26, 2014
In 2005, the FDA granted approval for a promising new cancer-fighting drug called Nexavar. Bayer took it to market shortly thereafter, and it is currently an approved treatment for late-stage kidney and liver cancer.
That is, so long as you live in the developed world. In a recently published interview in Bloomberg Businessweek, Bayer CEO Marijn Dekkers said that his company’s drug isn’t for poor people.
“We did not develop this medicine for Indians…we developed it for western patients who can afford it,” he said back in December. The quote is quickly making its way across Indian news outlets.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01/26/32...
2 posts removed

“ADL and Numbnuts”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Sittin in a tree

#38692 Jan 26, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy is an idiot. Why would he stop at New York? Dumb gunnut racist whackos who want to legislate vaginas and aren't welcome anywhere.
The idiot is Cuomo and the ignorant sheeple like you. You morons on the left like to blame Bush and Wall Street for the housing crisis, but this idiot was the architect. Yeah, this guy is certainly credible and his opinion is worthwhile. Let's see, a liar, divisive, and incompetent. Sounds like democrat presidential material to me. LMFAO!!

OpEd: 2001 HUD Fannie/Freddie policy led to mortgage crisis

Many of the policies that led to the current mortgage crisis were actually implemented at HUD under Cuomo. As the Wall Street Journal noted:
"A HUD website archive,'Highlights of HUD Accomplishments 1997-1999,' chronicles that Secretary Cuomo established new Affordable Housing goals requiring Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac--two government-sponsored enterprises--to buy $2.4 trillion in mortgages in the next 10 years. This will mean new affordable housing for about 28.1 million low-and-moderate- income families. The historic action [changed the rules for] mortgage loans for low- and moderate-income families from the current 42% of their total purchases to a new high of 50%--a 19% increase--in the year 2001."
The "Village Voice" accuses Cuomo of making a series of decisions that "gave birth to the mortgage crisis" and resulted in 3 to 4 million people facing foreclosure. And many commentators believe that the subprime mortgage crisis fueled the global financial crisis that began in late 2008.
leighla

Morgantown, WV

#38693 Jan 26, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we know. He's also an idiot.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...
So is Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid so what is your point

“ADL and Numbnuts”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Sittin in a tree

#38694 Jan 26, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
The idiot is Cuomo and the ignorant sheeple like you. You morons on the left like to blame Bush and Wall Street for the housing crisis, but this idiot was the architect. Yeah, this guy is certainly credible and his opinion is worthwhile. Let's see, a liar, divisive, and incompetent. Sounds like democrat presidential material to me. LMFAO!!
OpEd: 2001 HUD Fannie/Freddie policy led to mortgage crisis
Many of the policies that led to the current mortgage crisis were actually implemented at HUD under Cuomo. As the Wall Street Journal noted:
"A HUD website archive,'Highlights of HUD Accomplishments 1997-1999,' chronicles that Secretary Cuomo established new Affordable Housing goals requiring Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac--two government-sponsored enterprises--to buy $2.4 trillion in mortgages in the next 10 years. This will mean new affordable housing for about 28.1 million low-and-moderate- income families. The historic action [changed the rules for] mortgage loans for low- and moderate-income families from the current 42% of their total purchases to a new high of 50%--a 19% increase--in the year 2001."
The "Village Voice" accuses Cuomo of making a series of decisions that "gave birth to the mortgage crisis" and resulted in 3 to 4 million people facing foreclosure. And many commentators believe that the subprime mortgage crisis fueled the global financial crisis that began in late 2008.
I forgot to mention the obvious, with his penchant for giving away free stuff, up to and including homes, he certainly will make a formidable opponent to Hillary in the primary.
Dont look back

Charleston, WV

#38695 Jan 26, 2014
The GOP has shortened their nomination process for the 2016 election. This will eliminate fighting within the party. The GOP will win in a land slide victory if they say nothing more than are you better off now. The GOP may have blocked the present administration from implementing their agenda, but this was to insure the GOP to win in the up coming election. Like it or not, its just common sense that the GOP will win. Its the economy stupid card.
1 post removed

“Save light, save coal.”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#38697 Jan 26, 2014
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
Big mouth George better be careful.
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/01/24/3...
'
He won't believe a word of it. A liberal website that says something he doesn't want to hear, with a stock photo of a black guy pretending to be a judge, who isn't the apparently Jewish judge mentioned in the story (the judge photo is mentioned in the comments). Of course this is even more fake than the sites he usually looks at, right? Hardy har der der. But I might be wrong. George can speak for himself.
I see this site has a great page of stories on the WV chemical spill. Thanks.
http://thinkprogress.org/tag/west-virginia/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lekeisha Rochelle Bowles- Macy's 8 min Q 9
Tom McCallister banned from city hall 47 min Randy 3
Lesage shooting 1 hr Justice 26
OJ Mayo gets what he deserves 1 hr Willy 1
10th ave east end 1 hr steve 6
4th of July is Robin Nolan Day! 2 hr Nancy 2
Phillip Bryant (Jul '14) 3 hr Past 12

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance