“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#31727 Nov 20, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why they are the entire planet laughs at them. They don't even know where they are at let alone make any kind of progress with this country. ROFL you are a fool if you think no one notices how stupid they are Pelosi is the libtards sara palin at least sara does not hold and office
That's because she quit MIDTERM and couldn't get elected to the Wasilla city council, even though you can see Russia from there, so she has foreign policy experience.

Anyone hear Batshit Bachman say "We all look like geniuses now?" IS there anything funnier?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31728 Nov 20, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
<quoted text> So if you jump on a woman here like you have it is ok. But if I jump on your intern then I am bad. You are a bigot, race baiter, loser, SHEEPLE and hypocrite.
Learn to read who the poster is dipshit.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31729 Nov 20, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are these millions of people who have gotten insurance. I like how you try to pretend people are going to be able to afford anything on the exchange. You hang on to those lies as long as you can reality is going to set in with time.
"The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services last year estimated that between 50 million and 129 million Americans (19 to 50 percent) live with a chronic condition insurers might consider “pre-existing,” such as diabetes, heart disease, asthma or cancer. Last month, 57 percent of Americans surveyed in a Kaiser Family Foundation Health Tracking Poll said at least one member of their family has such a condition."

ALL OF THEM, because of the ACA, can NEVER BE DENIED insurance again, ever. Nevermind the 84 million Americans who could get insurance but couldn't afford it, which, your party STILL has no plan to help and doesn't give a shit about.

When you have a plan (which we all know won't happen for anything), then you can criticize the one passed by your elected representatives.
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#31730 Nov 20, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read who the poster is dipshit.
My mistake, forgot thee was someone else trying to spin your name on here. But you are what I said on here and lets not forget a liar
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#31731 Nov 20, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
"The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services last year estimated that between 50 million and 129 million Americans (19 to 50 percent) live with a chronic condition insurers might consider “pre-existing,” such as diabetes, heart disease, asthma or cancer. Last month, 57 percent of Americans surveyed in a Kaiser Family Foundation Health Tracking Poll said at least one member of their family has such a condition."
ALL OF THEM, because of the ACA, can NEVER BE DENIED insurance again, ever. Nevermind the 84 million Americans who could get insurance but couldn't afford it, which, your party STILL has no plan to help and doesn't give a shit about.
When you have a plan (which we all know won't happen for anything), then you can criticize the one passed by your elected representatives.
Look at the CBS poll dipwad. Yeah America does not like it and I do believe the government works for the people. Only sheeple like you need decisions made for them by the government.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31732 Nov 20, 2013
http://www.gallup.com/poll/165317/republican-...

Republicans who even mention polls are stupid. Use them when you're winning, not losing. But you've been losing every one of them for the past decade.

And stop pretending that a drop in Obama's poll numbers equate to an increase in acceptance of the idiot tea bagger-controlled GOP principle. The American people HAVE NOT WAVERED a drop when it comes to the fights they've chosen OVER improving the country and it's economy - abortion, gay marriage and cutting help for military members' families, the poor and education - they've been at between 9 and 27 percent approval since they started their obstructionism of improvement. But they still bitch about a lack of improvement, which is where the term "tea bag logic" came from.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31733 Nov 20, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
<quoted text> Look at the CBS poll dipwad. Yeah America does not like it and I do believe the government works for the people. Only sheeple like you need decisions made for them by the government.
What about the 84 million people who face bankruptcy EVERY DAY because of healthcare costs? F_ck them, right? Yeah, just like you did to the 900,000 US TROOPS whose ability to buy food you just cut.

Have you signed up yet, Duh? Or do you just want to keep giving your money to the insurance companies instead of covering your family for free?
1 post removed

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#31735 Nov 20, 2013
Is this what you people want to keep?
http://www.ibtimes.com/anthem-blue-cross-well...

Ravenswood

#31736 Nov 20, 2013
Openly gay teen scientist honored by Vatican as positive role model

I love this Pope! First Pope I've ever liked.
George

United States

#31737 Nov 20, 2013
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- President Barack Obama, who has portrayed himself as surprised by technical problems with the government's new health care website, was briefed earlier this year on a consultant's report that warned of possible widespread site failures, the White House said on Tuesday.

There have been weeks of questions about whether Obama understood the depth of the site's problems and let it open anyway, or simply "did not have enough awareness" of them, as the president stated at a November 14 news conference.

While the government says it is improving the portal's performance every day, security experts told a Republican sponsored congressional hearing Tuesday that in their opinions, it is still not sufficiently secure to be used confidently by consumers.

Ravenswood

#31738 Nov 20, 2013
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024036...

http://www.examiner.com/article/right-wing-cy...

Yesterday, the House Homeland Security Committee published a video on their Youtube page highlighting a portion of the committee questioning Roberta Stempfley, acting assistant secretary of the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Cyber-security and Communications, who confirmed at least 16 attacks on the Affordable Care Act’s portal Healthcare.gov website in 2013.

Roberta Stempfley highlighted one successful attack that is designed to deny access to the website called a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack. A DDoS attack is designed to make a network unavailable to intended users, generally through a concerted effort to disrupt service such as repeatedly accessing the servers, saturating them with more traffic than the website is designed to handle.

Right wingers have been distributing the link to the necessary tools to perform the attacks on the Healthcare.gov website through social networking, as pointed out by Information Week, and other websites .
George

United States

#31739 Nov 20, 2013
WASHINGTON (AP)— After they get the website fixed, then what? Keeping your doctors and hospitals may be the next vexing challenge for Americans in the new health plans created by President Barack Obama's law.

Obama promised people could keep their doctors. But in many states the new plans appear to offer a narrow choice of hospitals and doctors. Overall, it's shaping up as less choice than what people get through Medicare or employer-based coverage. Also, it can get complicated tracking down which medical providers are in what plans.

"The next shoe is going to drop sometime after Jan. 1, when people actually start using their plans," said health economist Gail Wilensky, who ran Medicare for President George H.W. Bush. "Whether or not they can keep their doctor is going to depend on whether their doctor was chosen — or wanted to be — part of a plan on the (insurance) exchange."

Concerns are already being raised from New Hampshire to Kentucky, and Chicago to New York.

Narrow networks are part of the economic trade-off for keeping premiums under control in Obama's health insurance markets, the new gateway to coverage for people who don't have job-based plans. Technical problems with the website HealthCare.gov have dampened initial signups, but 7 million people are expected to participate in the insurance exchanges next year. Some of those people already have coverage through individual plans.

Exchange plans are required to take all applicants, cover broad benefits and provide robust financial protection against catastrophic illness. In return for that, something else has to give. The result: limited choices and significant out-of-pocket costs through deductibles and copayments.
George

United States

#31740 Nov 20, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
Oh #SNAP look who failed their drug test!
Rep. Trey Radel (R-FL 19) who voted to drug test SNAP recipients 9/12/2013 was arrested for possession of cocaine 10/29/2013.
But he's sorry. Lmao
AFTER they drug test politicians they can talk about testing food stamps recipients. We all know they will never agree to drug test themselves, NEVER.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31741 Nov 20, 2013
George wrote:
WASHINGTON (AP)— After they get the website fixed, then what? Keeping your doctors and hospitals may be the next vexing challenge for Americans in the new health plans created by President Barack Obama's law.
Obama promised people could keep their doctors. But in many states the new plans appear to offer a narrow choice of hospitals and doctors. Overall, it's shaping up as less choice than what people get through Medicare or employer-based coverage. Also, it can get complicated tracking down which medical providers are in what plans.
"The next shoe is going to drop sometime after Jan. 1, when people actually start using their plans," said health economist Gail Wilensky, who ran Medicare for President George H.W. Bush. "Whether or not they can keep their doctor is going to depend on whether their doctor was chosen — or wanted to be — part of a plan on the (insurance) exchange."
Concerns are already being raised from New Hampshire to Kentucky, and Chicago to New York.
Narrow networks are part of the economic trade-off for keeping premiums under control in Obama's health insurance markets, the new gateway to coverage for people who don't have job-based plans. Technical problems with the website HealthCare.gov have dampened initial signups, but 7 million people are expected to participate in the insurance exchanges next year. Some of those people already have coverage through individual plans.
Exchange plans are required to take all applicants, cover broad benefits and provide robust financial protection against catastrophic illness. In return for that, something else has to give. The result: limited choices and significant out-of-pocket costs through deductibles and copayments.
George, you have to start posting the link to your pastes. You always add and delete stuff from them to suit, but no one can tell what you've added and what you've deleted. Post the link. Otheriwise it's just more bs.
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

#31742 Nov 20, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm being DEAD serious here. I canceled my car insurance policy with State Farm when this came out. To think that some of my god-awful high premiums went to this domestic terrorist organization is appalling. Granted, the tea party is little more than useless ankle biters, but still, I won't fund their lies.
domestic terrorism; there's no better words for it.
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

#31743 Nov 20, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Melissa (I addressed this because it is a relatively serious situation and since the tea baggers and GOP have no power and are relegated to nipping at ankles, their input is neither needed nor valuable),
Afghanistan is a tough situation. First, anyone who thought there would be no troops there doesn't know history. The US never leaves. We have troops in Japan and Germany from WWII still.
Second, the moment we leave, Karzai loses power. It must be understood that Karzai is a Shell Oil executive, not a leader. He knows damn well that he was put in power by the US military and was kept in power by the US military. When that support ends, he's gone, and the country slips instantly back into a Taliban-controlled terrorist hotbed.
But the war was started by a war criminal and wasn't planned at all, seemingly by anyone, anywhere. We have LOST every war we've ever fought with a Republican-controlled House since the civil war. We achieved no strategic objectives, with the exception of Obama's raid on OBL in Pakistan.
Should we let that happen? I say YES. Let it go. Let the chips fall where they may. We have a president that isn't afraid to go anywhere to blow up a terrorist (unlike the GOP, who stated they WOULD NOT have went into Pakistan). We can launch drones from stand-off range off carrier-based planes to blow them up.
This was just a proposal by Karzai to the president. No decision has been made by the president.
the drone war is out of hand. they're killing innocent civilians. Obama also promised to bring our troops home, the war has continued on just as it would had if Bush had stayed in office, Obama has made no difference.

"I'm really good at killing people." - Obama

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31744 Nov 20, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
the drone war is out of hand. they're killing innocent civilians. Obama also promised to bring our troops home, the war has continued on just as it would had if Bush had stayed in office, Obama has made no difference.
"I'm really good at killing people." - Obama
The drone war isn't even close to being out of hand. Out of hand is an INVASION. There WILL BE collateral damage, but only at a FRACTION of a FRACTION of what the GOP's anti-terror tactics are, literally from TOO HIGH TO COUNT (a million inocents dead) to TOO FEW TO COUNT.

Obama is a great at killing America's enemies. He's a stone-cold killer, and make no mistake about it. And have no doubt that we have enemies that force us to choose - either we blow them up or they blow us up. Obama's made the right choice.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#31745 Nov 20, 2013
This graph is from MIT's Jon Gruber. Maybe it will help idiots like Leighla understand how Obamacare is affecting the people of the US. So conerned about the 3 percent, no concern for the 97. Sounds like their economic policies.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/chart-w...
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#31746 Nov 20, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
This graph is from MIT's Jon Gruber. Maybe it will help idiots like Leighla understand how Obamacare is affecting the people of the US. So conerned about the 3 percent, no concern for the 97. Sounds like their economic policies.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/chart-w...
If it is sooooooo freaking great then why is the majority of Americans wants rid of it. Perhaps you can explain that with all you grand libtard wisdom
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#31747 Nov 20, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because she quit MIDTERM and couldn't get elected to the Wasilla city council, even though you can see Russia from there, so she has foreign policy experience.
Anyone hear Batshit Bachman say "We all look like geniuses now?" IS there anything funnier?
Yes Bacon Yes there is BIDEN, PELOSI, Reid, Waxman etc etc etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chins arrested 14 min Concerned 5
what do you think? 41 min ohHellno 20
Brittany Gibson on hillview 45 min I no 5
queers in soap operas 1 hr Tyrion Lanister 4
Nathan smith 1 hr LOL 4
big girls 1 hr Tyrion Lanister 6
Info Wars 1 hr Tyrion Lanister 9

Flood Warning for Cabell County was issued at March 04 at 7:05AM EST

Huntington Dating
Find my Match