Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Leighla

Morgantown, WV

#30765 Nov 14, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
"Generation Wait" haha i love that.
i've been putting off getting my masters degree because i've seen my friends before me go through all the stress/work and procure massive debt, only to graduate and find out there's no job waiting for them. so then they're stuck with a sh*tty job ad have to move home or live in poverty. not cool. i'd rather stay debt free (paid off undergrad, yay!) and living a care free lifestyle. there's no need to put so much stress on myself for essentially no reason. grad school can kiss it. maybe when i'm in my late 20's or early 30's i'll go back.
as for marriage/home/babies, psh. who can afford that? we're all screwed.
I do not see it getting any better any time soon. Good idea to stay away from student loans as much as you can.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#30766 Nov 14, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
"Generation Wait" haha i love that.
i've been putting off getting my masters degree because i've seen my friends before me go through all the stress/work and procure massive debt, only to graduate and find out there's no job waiting for them. so then they're stuck with a sh*tty job ad have to move home or live in poverty. not cool. i'd rather stay debt free (paid off undergrad, yay!) and living a care free lifestyle. there's no need to put so much stress on myself for essentially no reason. grad school can kiss it. maybe when i'm in my late 20's or early 30's i'll go back.
as for marriage/home/babies, psh. who can afford that? we're all screwed.
Massive debt, someone here called me a liar for saying that. My opinion, get your masters, things may happen later on, good or bad, but at least you will have something no one can ever take away. And you may want to go on for your PhD, you seem very intelligent and young. I'm telling you the same thing I told my kids and grandkids.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#30767 Nov 14, 2013
And I have a better outlook for the future. When you have an education, you do have choices, maybe not as many as we'd like. And, if you just happen to find that partner and want children, you'll be ready.
I have 5 children who have degrees and 4 with families. They aren't rice but they are comfortable, but they all have spouses who are educated. Hope this help.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#30768 Nov 14, 2013
The Treasury Department reported this week that the federal budget deficit for the current fiscal year is $680 billion, a drop of over $400 billion since 2012. Overall, the deficit is less than half of what it was at when President Obama took office in 2009 and the economy was in a free-fall. It represents the fastest deficit decline since the end of World War II. In reality, spending cuts are slowing economic growth significantly and contributing to stubbornly high levels of long-term unemployment.

http://www.afscme.org/issues/legislative-week...
Mgtn Res

“Leg Humper!”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Bad Dog! Bad Dog!

#30769 Nov 14, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
And, if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program (for humans). But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses.
REPUBLICANS HATE WOMEN, POOR AND ELDERY AND THE VETS
The are going down!!!!!
Stupid, ignorant sheeple. You are exactly the type of person that the government needs to be helping. You are definitely too much of a moron to be responsible for yourself. Pitiful!
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#30770 Nov 14, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
South Dakota Moves To Legalize Killing Abortion Providers
A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term of victims of rape, stalking and domestic violence to "accuser." !! But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain "victims."
Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies and kids.
Republicans have proposed a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
Maryland Republicans ended all county money for low-income kids' preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.!!
Do you know what would counter all these cuts you cry about? It is called jobs and not the part time jobs Obama is boasting about. People working means pride in ones self

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#30771 Nov 14, 2013
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, ignorant sheeple. You are exactly the type of person that the government needs to be helping. You are definitely too much of a moron to be responsible for yourself. Pitiful!
You lie. You are a sheeple moron. Unintelligent, uninformed bigot.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#30772 Nov 14, 2013
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/11/06/2...

Still didn't help Virginia Republicans. Lol
1 post removed
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#30774 Nov 14, 2013
106,185 signed up which is 1.5% of their goal. They blame the web site, which is their fault and can only handle a dismal 20,000 at a time. The moronic left said that Romney's started out slow. They are comparing apples to oranges. They researched more and took 3 years to implement. Obamacare has had 3 plus years and can not make a web site. Did not have the penalties and did not kick people off their plans and lied about it. This administration put restrictions on the tax law so insurance companies had to comply but turn around in true left wing style and blame the companies. But the sheeple follow and have no common sense. It is plain and simple that even 30 democrats are jumping ship.
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#30775 Nov 14, 2013
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, ignorant sheeple. You are exactly the type of person that the government needs to be helping. You are definitely too much of a moron to be responsible for yourself. Pitiful!
You are correct. She needs government to run her life and make decisions for her on healthcare and life. She needs bacon boy to follow and he is the biggest liar and race baiter on here. Bacon loser has been bringing up race a lot lately and wants to blame others for being racist. But she thinks he is so smart. Melissa is the true meaning of SHEEPLE
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#30776 Nov 14, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/justi ce/2013/11/06/2898201/high-cap acity-magazines-giveaway-vote/
Still didn't help Virginia Republicans. Lol
You are right. They should have done the democrat way and gave out $5 wine and drove them to the polls.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#30777 Nov 14, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
<quoted text> You are right. They should have done the democrat way and gave out $5 wine and drove them to the polls.
Prove it. Liar, sheeple moron.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#30778 Nov 14, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/13/cost...

I love costco and nordstrom. Good for them!
beautifulmind

Ierápetra, Greece

#30779 Nov 14, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
Massive debt, someone here called me a liar for saying that. My opinion, get your masters, things may happen later on, good or bad, but at least you will have something no one can ever take away. And you may want to go on for your PhD, you seem very intelligent and young. I'm telling you the same thing I told my kids and grandkids.
Thanks for the advice, I'll way my options. how'd your kids/grandkids turn out?
beautifulmind

Ierápetra, Greece

#30780 Nov 14, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
South Dakota Moves To Legalize Killing Abortion Providers
A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term of victims of rape, stalking and domestic violence to "accuser." !! But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain "victims."
Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies and kids.
Republicans have proposed a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
Maryland Republicans ended all county money for low-income kids' preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.!!
wtf! that is crazy!

is this true? do you have a source i can look at?
beautifulmind

Ierápetra, Greece

#30781 Nov 14, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
And, if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program (for humans). But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses.
REPUBLICANS HATE WOMEN, POOR AND ELDERY AND THE VETS
The are going down!!!!!
a lot of democrats do too. it's not about party. The government hates women, poor people, and old people. the government hates people in general.

do you have a source for this one too?
beautifulmind

Ierápetra, Greece

#30782 Nov 14, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
And I have a better outlook for the future. When you have an education, you do have choices, maybe not as many as we'd like. And, if you just happen to find that partner and want children, you'll be ready.
I have 5 children who have degrees and 4 with families. They aren't rice but they are comfortable, but they all have spouses who are educated. Hope this help.
yeah! it gives me something to consider… i could maybe take a couple of classes at a time if that's possible. that shouldn't be too hard.
beautifulmind

Ierápetra, Greece

#30783 Nov 14, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know what would counter all these cuts you cry about? It is called jobs and not the part time jobs Obama is boasting about. People working means pride in ones self
i imagine a future where everyone can take pride in their jobs. Everyone, collectively, shares in the duties of the boring/hard tasks. that wouldn't be so bad, no one would be stuck with doing those types of things forever. maybe 2 or 3 hours a day, maybe less, dedicated to doing something you don't want to. that's it. and all people would be able to enjoy freedom.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#30784 Nov 14, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the advice, I'll way my options. how'd your kids/grandkids turn out?
They turned out great, I am very proud of them. Thanks for asking.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#30785 Nov 14, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
wtf! that is crazy!
is this true? do you have a source i can look at?
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/13/1230... #

Another point of view on it....http://clinicquotes.com/ south-dakota-bill-would-legali ze-killing-abortion-doctors/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 185 3 min Liberal Derangement 21
Josh Day in the Pen! (Jul '15) 19 min Neverenough 18
News Huntington Has Code Enforcer for Contractors 32 min Greasy Dan 14
Jay chapman 1 hr Just curious 1
Nice try you lil' B*tch 1 hr Nick Baird 10
Arizona Tells Armed Drivers How To Avoid Deadly... 1 hr L Knox 8
Mayor Williams and that 3 million dollars. 1 hr L Knox 13

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages