George

United States

#29474 Nov 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
So we invaded Iraq because he violated the terms of his surrender 22 years ago? Wow. Too bad George Bush didn't even use that lame-ass bullshit excuse. He tried the fake WMD route to scare people. Maybe he figured the "violations" excuse wouldn't fly. Not scary enough. Also, daddy Bush didn't "give Saddam a second chance." His advisors and intel was clear - you invade, we'll get our asses kicked over a decade and it'll cost us a few trillion dollars. Bush said, "Ok. We'll be leaving now."
George, you're hilarious.
It wasnt 22 years, my God will you do a little research so you stopping looking like such an idiot. Once again, it was NOT 22 years earlier. And yes, GHWB gave Saddam a second chance, and idiots use it against him.
leighla

Independence, WV

#29475 Nov 4, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
And dam Michele Obama for working to get our kids health. WV is the fattest state in the union. Our children are over weight and out of shape. They still believe food means love. They stick them in front of a tv or video game and bitch if they have home work.
Attitudes have to change or we will need more than ACA.
Well we need to get parents off welfare, off drugs, off booze then we can talk about a change. Go to the store and watch all the carts full of junk paid for by food stamps. Makes ya really mad
George

United States

#29476 Nov 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
So we invaded Iraq because he violated the terms of his surrender 22 years ago? Wow. Too bad George Bush didn't even use that lame-ass bullshit excuse. He tried the fake WMD route to scare people. Maybe he figured the "violations" excuse wouldn't fly. Not scary enough. Also, daddy Bush didn't "give Saddam a second chance." His advisors and intel was clear - you invade, we'll get our asses kicked over a decade and it'll cost us a few trillion dollars. Bush said, "Ok. We'll be leaving now."
George, you're hilarious.
Even though it wasnt 22 years the truth is even it it was it wouldnt make a difference. When you start a war and get your ass kicked and surrender, and agree to terms of surrender so we dont topple you from power, then ignore that agreement and violate those terms of surrender, you can expect to get toppled regardless of if it is 1 year or 22 years.
1 post removed

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#29478 Nov 4, 2013
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from someone who has never had to send there child to school. You do not know anything about it so stop pretending. When you have several kids in the school system please come back and let mke know how it is working out for you.
True about teachers not getting enough pay. False that democrats or republicans have ever really tried to change anything. George Bush no child left behind was a step in the right direction.
Oh My God are you stupid? Every educator in the country hated no child left behind! Teaching a child how to pass a test so you will look good. The kid doesn't learn a thing but look at their test scores.

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#29479 Nov 4, 2013
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
George Bush no child left behind was a step in the right direction.
WHAT!!!!! You mean a failed program that was fought by every educational organization in the country was a "step in the right direction?" Holy shit. You people absolutely astonish me. For Christ's sake, the entire state of West Virginia REJOICED when it was finally abolished this year.

Ravenswood

#29480 Nov 4, 2013
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we need to get parents off welfare, off drugs, off booze then we can talk about a change. Go to the store and watch all the carts full of junk paid for by food stamps. Makes ya really mad
I agree with most of that. Food stamps should be regulated so only nutritional food can be bought. Remember years ago people got commodities? Butter, flour, powdered eggs, etc. maybe we should go back to those days and parents can learn to cook again.
1 post removed
leighla

Independence, WV

#29482 Nov 4, 2013
Are you both just brain dead. I said in the right direction. Did not say it was perfect. What has oboma done NOTHING

#29483 Nov 4, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>It wasnt 22 years, my God will you do a little research so you stopping looking like such an idiot. Once again, it was NOT 22 years earlier. And yes, GHWB gave Saddam a second chance, and idiots use it against him.
George, Iraq invaded Kuwait in August of 1990. That's just a hair over 23 years ago.

So tell me, why didn't the war criminal use the "violations" excuse to start the war? The UN certainly didn't back us in it, so don't try your standard - it was legal, it was sanctioned by the UN, etc.- all bullshit.

THE IRAQ WAR HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH NO FLY ZONES OR UN VIOLATIONS. What were these violations anyway? He let the inspectors in (who told US intel he had no WMDs in 1999), had no military to speak of, invaded no one, bombed no one, flew nowhere, cohorted with no terrorists and had no WMDs. What were these violations that warranted an INVASION? Just your opinion - because obviously no international organization backed our decision to invade.
leighla

Independence, WV

#29484 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree with most of that. Food stamps should be regulated so only nutritional food can be bought. Remember years ago people got commodities? Butter, flour, powdered eggs, etc. maybe we should go back to those days and parents can learn to cook again.
I think a classes should be given in nutrition. I think school lunches should also be cooked with good food from scratch like they use to have.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#29485 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You tell SHOW me the big pay raises teachers have gotten in the past 5 years. And teachers have nothing to do with school lunches. The lunches are free, if you don't want your children more healthy, pack them a lunch.
In any field you have good and bad. We have some wonderful, caring teachers that spend their OWN money for these kids. They love their children and want the best. And everyone forgets about the time they spend on lesson plans, parent conferences and phone calls. And extra curricular activities.
I've seen my daughter take food, pencils, paper that she paid for because someone was too poor. Ask any good teacher how much money they spend on their kids.
teachers are overpaid baby sitters. every attempt to test them to get rid of the worthless ones is cocked blocked their unions. look at you.. your dumber than a box of nails. what grade are you in anyways ?

Ravenswood

#29486 Nov 4, 2013
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's on 3% of food stamp recipients is fraudulent. But that is too much. We need to correct that but not punish the other 97%. Not everyone stays on food stamps that long. It's a hand up for people who are hurting.

#29487 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong. Children with poor parents deserve a candy bar or regular diet just like any other kid. You aren't paying for it, and it is not your right to influence their choices.
George

United States

#29488 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
So you want to dictate what kind of food people can buy. Sounds like a communist nanny state idea to me.
George

United States

#29489 Nov 4, 2013
The war started in 1991. There was a cease fire based on Saddams promises to behave. He didnt, the war resumed in 2003. THat is NOT 22 years. How can you debate with someone who is clueless on the facts?
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#29490 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
"regulated" ? liar. your obama all the way. food stamps for votes is what you believe in. we all know how obama and the democrats operate. government dependency. i also know who they cater to too.

#29491 Nov 4, 2013
Also George, after he invaded 23 YEARS AGO, he surrendered in 1991, 22 YEARS AGO.
George

United States

#29492 Nov 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Children with poor parents deserve a candy bar or regular diet just like any other kid. You aren't paying for it, and it is not your right to influence their choices.
Agreed.

#29493 Nov 4, 2013
leighla wrote:
Are you both just brain dead. I said in the right direction. Did not say it was perfect. What has oboma done NOTHING
That's why we're laughing. It was THE WRONG DIRECTION. That's why it was abolished as a complete failure.

Ravenswood

#29494 Nov 4, 2013
leighla wrote:
He did away with no child left behind. Lol

Ravenswood

#29495 Nov 4, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>So you want to dictate what kind of food people can buy. Sounds like a communist nanny state idea to me.
Well you stupid shit, they did give out commodities years ago. Were we communists then. Do you really spend time thinking up this shit or are you naturally an idiot?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ollie cooley/ loraditch (Jan '14) 38 min confused 7
Black people can't shoot 40 min Ha ha 5
Can't party in the company of blacks 48 min true 4
wish I could talk to my boyfriend from high school 1 hr what to do 9
herd football 2014 1 hr Truth 271
why do all blacks have speech trouble 2 hr Heads on right 10
zaphod can lick his own nipples 3 hr zapper 1
whiskey rocks shooting 4 hr Harold Frankel 38
•••
•••