“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#29296 Nov 3, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
maybe ignorance isn't at fault, racists just have low IQs! no matter how much people try to educate them, they still remain bigots!
this explains so much!
It does, and you're right - the lack of intelligence does not necessarily indicate the presence of ignorance. We are all ignorant in certain disciplines. But it's the CAPACITY to learn that intelligence measures, not stored knowledge or recall.

But I wonder if it isn't purely a cycle. People who have contact with multiple ethnic groups, and interact with people of different cultures and languages, tend to be brighter. People who hold prejudices AVOID these contacts, further predicating their own racism. Parents keep their kids away from these situations, the kids adopt the parents' views and keep their kids away, etc. Racism has become "environmentally hereditary" - it exists among families, is passed from parent to child but is entirely dependent upon environmental factors like income, education and geographic location. It only takes on kid to go travel or go to college to break the cycle. But travel and college are those "situations" that more often than not are avoided.
George

United States

#29297 Nov 3, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
shut up, george. you're a bigot. i'll just keep saying it. the more you try to open a bigot's eyes the tighter they shut em. so i'm done with you. you're a hateful person and i'm so happy that i never have to know you in real life. you're evil.
someday, you will be confronted with your hatred for people and hopefully not like it.
you don't know shit about the conflict between palestine and israel, so save either go educate yourself with something other than Zionist propaganda, or shut up about it permanently. You're spreading lies. and the sad thing is, you know you are!
i can't wait to live in a world without people like you.
There is no bigger bigot in the world than a Muslim terrorists. At least my bigotry doesnt cause me to strap bombs on children and blow up markets. My bigotry doesnt cause me to chop of people heads because they dont agree with me. My bigotry doesnt cause me to be oppressive to women and anyone who doesnt agree with my opinion like MUSLIM TERRORISTS are.
George

United States

#29298 Nov 3, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
okay, this worked!
you think seeing innocent people crying over murdered loved ones is funny? or does it make you happy knowing this is happening?
personally, it breaks my heart.
Terrorist sympathizers are NOT innocent. They are scum. And yes, seeing dead terrorists kinda does make me happy.
George

United States

#29299 Nov 3, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Veterans committing suicide. Disgraceful. A few reasons for such a high rate:
1. The war was illegal, unplanned and held no altruistic purpose. WWII vets returned home with the pride that they saved the world from Hitler. Iraq vets return home to their leader's ridicule and saved the world from a guy who lived in a dirt hole.
2. The lack of planning created shortages, so most of these suicides come from men who served 2, 3 and 4 tours. They left as 20-year-olds with bright futures. They returned as if time travel had occurred. They realized quickly that they had no education, few marketable job skills, few jobs available, etc.
3. The war is different. The anxiety and trauma experienced in an ambush can be prepared for. The anxiety of awaiting your vehicle to blow up from an IED that is CERTAINLY in your path, is much different.
4. Many of them would've been dead. We are now saving more soldiers with gruesome injuries who, in theaters' past, would've died. The old war adage was to take number killed and wounded would be "times two." Not this war. It's times 10. Every Iraq vet has seen first hand a fellow soldier get arms and legs blown off.
Let's not forget that this country still sends its poor and minorites to fight its wars. They return home to the poverty they left in most cases. In this case, they returned to deeper poverty. 900,000 military members are on food stamps.
The war was not illegal. They way the war was ultimately conducted was a mistake, but the act of the war was NOT illegal.
george hater

Kenova, WV

#29300 Nov 3, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Terrorist sympathizers are NOT innocent. They are scum. And yes, seeing dead terrorists kinda does make me happy.
you have no idea what you are talkin bout . ya getto baby crack head

“Liberalism - Reward the takers”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Punish the makers

#29301 Nov 3, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't understand, we have to pity people like that, as hard as it may be.
You two brain dead morons deserve each other.
George

United States

#29302 Nov 3, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i am enjoying my time here! I went to the beach today and it was lovely. The water was kinda cold but I guess I should expect that in November, even in the Mediterranean.
you should stop and think of innocent people and the children. Caring about other people is important.
war has been happening everywhere since the dawn of time. it's not some special thing only middle eastern people do. to think that is....you guessed it, racist!
Of all the wars currently going on over the entire planet, how many involve Muslims?
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

#29303 Nov 3, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Terrorist sympathizers are NOT innocent. They are scum. And yes, seeing dead terrorists kinda does make me happy.
wowza. you like it when people die. that's scary. i would hate to be a victim of your racist accusations.

http://mondoweiss.net/2013/10/infographic-isr...

oh and the separation wall in bethlehem is illegal.
George

United States

#29304 Nov 3, 2013
Berlin (AFP)- US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden says mass secret service surveillance poses a threat to freedom of expression and open society, in a text published in a German news magazine Sunday.

"Such programmes are not only a threat to privacy, they threaten also freedom of expression and open societies," he wrote in the text which appeared in German in Der Spiegel magazine.

"The existence of espionage technology must not determine politics," he said, adding there was a moral duty to see that laws and values limit surveillance programmes and protect human rights.

"Anyone pronouncing the truth is committing no crime," Snowden wrote.

++++++++++
Amen to that. God Bless you Mr Snowden, you are a true American Patriot!
George

United States

#29305 Nov 3, 2013
george hater wrote:
<quoted text>you have no idea what you are talkin bout . ya getto baby crack head
You are a bigot. You hate George, getto babies, and crackheads.
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

#29306 Nov 3, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Of all the wars currently going on over the entire planet, how many involve Muslims?
oh please.

how many involve the USA? Remember, our government supports Israel, Al-Queda, annnd the Taliban with $$$ and weapons. so count all of those too!!
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

#29307 Nov 3, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
beautiful mind......glad your enjoying the sites and beaches. There has been war going on and I agree. But their war has been going on longer. They have the power to stop it. They should be thinking of the countless lives and blood they have spilled. This has been based on a religous was but we know that there is more to it now. If everyone claims they have a peaceful religon, then why don't they give peace a chance? It is not up to the outside world
but what about the countries waging the wars?

i mean we haven't tried the approach of leaving the Middle East alone and see what happens. maybe they are ready for peace, but we have to give them the chance first. otherwise it will continue to be an endless war, god forbid it last another decade or longer.
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

#29308 Nov 3, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
It does, and you're right - the lack of intelligence does not necessarily indicate the presence of ignorance. We are all ignorant in certain disciplines. But it's the CAPACITY to learn that intelligence measures, not stored knowledge or recall.
But I wonder if it isn't purely a cycle. People who have contact with multiple ethnic groups, and interact with people of different cultures and languages, tend to be brighter. People who hold prejudices AVOID these contacts, further predicating their own racism. Parents keep their kids away from these situations, the kids adopt the parents' views and keep their kids away, etc. Racism has become "environmentally hereditary" - it exists among families, is passed from parent to child but is entirely dependent upon environmental factors like income, education and geographic location. It only takes on kid to go travel or go to college to break the cycle. But travel and college are those "situations" that more often than not are avoided.
well, racism, like poverty is a cycle, and i guess not going to college/traveling is linked with poverty...

i'm not saying all poor people are racist..i'm just comparing the two cycles.

actually this is a really good post. i agree 100%

i think the only way to break the cycle of racism is information and calling people out on their bigotry. Kids are all over the internet these days so I hope they can learn a different point of view. It's important that children aren't taught that all people in the Middle East are terrorists. That kind of mindset leads into justification of war based on racism, even if there isn't a reason for it. they need to be taught that not all black people are thugs(or whatever people think). they need to know that people are individuals and that being a different race or ethnicity doesn't mean they are a different type of human being from you. no one is the "superior" race. Muslims/blacks aren't barbaric or less evolved than white people. that's just stupid.

People are people. no one should be treated unequally based on prejudice. and those that do judge people based on their race/culture should be shunned from society.
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

#29309 Nov 3, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>The war was not illegal. They way the war was ultimately conducted was a mistake, but the act of the war was NOT illegal.
it is illegal.
https://www.google.gr/...

did you not even to research that statement before posting it as truth? lol
George

United States

#29310 Nov 3, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
oh please.
how many involve the USA? Remember, our government supports Israel, Al-Queda, annnd the Taliban with $$$ and weapons. so count all of those too!!
All but one involve Muslims. That is in Columbia. Muslims terrorists are trying to take over the world and these evil child murderers must be stopped. Terrorists sympathizer like you actually harm the innocent people you are trying to protect more than you help them. You are just too stupid to realize it.
George

United States

#29311 Nov 3, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
it is illegal.
https://www.google.gr/...
did you not even to research that statement before posting it as truth? lol
It was NOT illegal. You can post links to whatever nonsense you want, fact is it was legal under the UN and international law.
George

United States

#29312 Nov 3, 2013
It was legal and completely right to overthrow Saddam. Saddam started the wars and we finished them. Daddy Bush even gave him a break and one more chance to behave and he didnt. What was wrong was the continued occupation of Iraq after his overthrow. We should have immediately held an election and then left the country.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#29313 Nov 3, 2013
beautiful mind......to start off, the other countries would not be involved if it were not for oil. Before oil, they were fighting and killing. I have said many times to let them fight it out, for it is their own stupidity. If they do not care for their people and kids, then why should we. It starts with them.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#29314 Nov 3, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
beautiful mind......to start off, the other countries would not be involved if it were not for oil. Before oil, they were fighting and killing. I have said many times to let them fight it out, for it is their own stupidity. If they do not care for their people and kids, then why should we. It starts with them.
You are only right about one thing, it's all about oil. As a Christian Nation, should we stand by and watch the horrible things a country can do to their people. I am and never will be a supporter of the Bush Administration. They didn't care about the people, they only cared about getting revenge for his father. They lied! Is that Christian? The Bush family and Cheney's were involved in oil. Lives didn't matter, our troops or other country didn't matter. They were used as pawns. Our CHILDREN lost their lives because of this bullshit!
We are at fault as anyone else and you know it. Shame on us and God will judge us for it!
I get so friggin about people claiming to be Christian. Bullshit! This is not what we should be!

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#29315 Nov 3, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
No and you are stupid. Again, we are all God's children, are you better that one of those babies getting blown away? God created us all. We chose the path. We chose to honer rights of all. Gays, blacks, and all! We are all ONE! In God's eyes. Why don't we work together! This world would be so great if we did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Lee Fillinger 8 min WV Investigates 7
Married People Only Have You Cheated And Why (Nov '11) 16 min Married guy 192
[Serious] Basic information about AA meetings i... 25 min Randy 16
Nathan and Amanda Smith 35 min just saying 9
looking for james mccomas 1 hr country girl 1
haunted locations in Huntington 1 hr Hiphop 6
Vanished prostitutes (Jul '13) 1 hr schooly d 36
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE