Comments
25,901 - 25,920 of 57,079 Comments Last updated 35 min ago

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#28557 Oct 27, 2013
The Senate’s number-two top Democrat, Illinois’ Dick Durban, later in the week told Fox News Sunday that “Social Security is going to run out of money in 20 years…Medicare may run out of money in 10 years. Let’s fix it now.” Virginia Democratic Sen. Mark Warner told the same program,“We all know at the end of the day, Republicans are going to have to give on revenues, Democrats are going to have to give on entitlement reform.”

The list of Democrats who are entering these negotiations enbracing the GOP’s terms continues. There are at least nine in the Senate. California’s Dianne Feinstein, Montana’s Max Baucus, West Virginia’s Joe Manchin, Delaware’s Chris Coons and Tom Carper, and Colorado’s Michael Bennett have all said they support cuts to entitlements in letters to constituents, proposed bills or statements made after the President’s fiscal reform commission led by Eskine Bowles and Alan Simpson issued its 2010 report proposing capping or cutting entitlements while lowering or eliminating corporate taxes.

“Bacon says: I love you”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Mommy and Daddy

#28558 Oct 27, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
I admitted when I make a mistake. I don't feel intimidated, everyone makes them but it takes a bigger person to admit it.
Don't let it bother you, I am sure that you had other things on your mind. It must be worrisome to you that your middle aged children have MASSIVE student loans. Bwahahahabwahaha!
1 post removed

Level 1

Mommy and Daddy

#28560 Oct 27, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time the American Consumer - the most powerful force in the history of all economies - flexed its muscles. We can dictate exactly where things are made and be the dominant influence on how products are priced if we would just force it, even if for only a short period of time. There is no reason why Apple or GE should be permitted to pay less taxes than me on billions in PROFITS (largest US company and richest, respectively), all the while their corporate assets, cash and entire production budget is in China. Yet all their executives live and play HERE. They aren't moving. It's time we force a major change among the top one percent through our buying, not our politics. Boycotts aren't realistic. But awareness campaigns are. And raising awareness of shady or greedy business practices always ends it.
How much do you pay in taxes on your welfare check?

Ravenswood

#28561 Oct 27, 2013
And my children and most of my grand children are well educated. That's because they weren't raised in WV.

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#28562 Oct 27, 2013
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let it bother you, I am sure that you had other things on your mind. It must be worrisome to you that your middle aged children have MASSIVE student loans. Bwahahahabwahaha!
Wouldn't you rather have student loans than be totally uneducated and have no future beyond what has been predicted for you - most likely some type of race war/survival scenario/militia uprising followed closely by a man that comes out of the sky to rescue you and take you to the Willy Wonka Factory where you meet your great grandparents, eh? Something like that...
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#28563 Oct 27, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't you rather have student loans than be totally uneducated and have no future beyond what has been predicted for you - most likely some type of race war/survival scenario/militia uprising followed closely by a man that comes out of the sky to rescue you and take you to the Willy Wonka Factory where you meet your great grandparents, eh? Something like that...
I would rather my kids believe in god than how they can score another bag of weed.

Level 1

Mommy and Daddy

#28564 Oct 27, 2013
And my children and most of my grand children are well educated. That's because they weren't raised in WV.
Are they habitual liars like you?

Ravenswood

#28565 Oct 27, 2013
2008 Orrin Hatch announced health care must be stopped or else it would be so popular, no one would ever vote republican again. Lol. Guess they have to be right sometimes.
George

United States

#28566 Oct 27, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't true. You have until the end of March to sign up before you're penalized the grand total of $8 per month for 2014. You've got 5 months to select or keep your current insurance. Everybody should check their options though. Most people will research until early to mid-December.
It doesnt matter how much it is, it matters that there is a fine at all when everyone else got exemptions and their shti dont work. Many people can NOT keep their current insurance as promised by the liar in chief.
==========
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- A U.S. federal data system used to verify information for the Obamacare health exchange is experiencing an outage, the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services told officials in Connecticut, a spokeswoman in the state said on Sunday.

The federal agency gave "no indication" of when the data services hub might be functioning again, a spokeswoman for Access Health CT, the Connecticut Obamacare exchange said.

It was unclear if the outage was affecting just that one state, or all state exchanges.

Ravenswood

#28567 Oct 27, 2013
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they habitual liars like you?
http://aattp.org/diary-of-a-vile-racist-tea-p...

Don't waste anymore of my time, you are not worth it.

Ravenswood

#28568 Oct 27, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather my kids believe in god than how they can score another bag of weed.
Why not do both?

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#28569 Oct 27, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional children/drugged children. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Level 1

Mommy and Daddy

#28570 Oct 27, 2013
<quoted text>
http://aattp.org/diary-of-a-vile-racist-tea-p...
Don't waste anymore of my time, you are not worth it.
In typical democrat fashion, you didn't answer my question, are your children habitual liars like you?
1 post removed

Ravenswood

#28572 Oct 27, 2013
Bush's medicare part D was more expensive than ACA , and unlike ACA, was never budgeted.
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#28573 Oct 27, 2013
Obama will go down in History as one of our greatest president.
He oversaw the creation of more jobs in 2010 alone than Bush did in eight years.
He oversaw a bailout of General Motors that saved at least 1.4 million jobs, and put pressure on the company to change its practices, resulting in GM returning to its place as the top car company in the world.
In his first year, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act created and sustained 2.1 million jobs and stimulated the economy 3.5%.
He pushed through and signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, otherwise known as “the stimulus package,” despite the fact that not one Republican voted for that bill. In addition, he launched recovery.gov , so that taxpayers could track spending from the Act.
Through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, he saved at least 300,000 education jobs, such as teachers, principals, librarians, and counselors that would have otherwise been lost.
He pushed through, signed and demanded the Pentagon enact a repeal of the discriminatory “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” policy that forced soldiers to lie to fight for their country, and put our troops at risk by disqualifying many qualified soldiers from helping.
He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers. This was after the GOP blocked the bill in 2007. Only 5 Republican Senators voted for the bill.
Ended the Iraq War.
He authorized and oversaw a secret mission by SEAL Team Six to rescue two hostages held by Somali pirates.
He killed Bin Laden, something Bush could never do.
These are only a few of the things he,s accomplished in spit of the republicans and tea party.
You must be in the basement with Bacon Hater. Obama will go down as one of the worst presidents. I guess you do not live in the real world either.

Ravenswood

#28574 Oct 27, 2013
I just read this.....lol. Let's keep the immigrants and depot the republicans. Pretty smart. Lol

Level 1

Mommy and Daddy

#28575 Oct 27, 2013
I just read this.....lol. Let's keep the immigrants and depot the republicans. Pretty smart. Lol
Depot the republicans? Gee you are a freaking moron.
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#28576 Oct 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Why not do both?
Why pay all that money to smoke a weed. I try to teach them to be financially responsible. Paying for garbage is not a smart thing to do.
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#28577 Oct 27, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional children/drugged children. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
Well I have seen how the weed wackos turn out and I just assume not have to deal with that. Plus who wants to waste all that hard earned money on a bag of garbage. Most who are drugged are delusional to say the least

Ravenswood

#28578 Oct 27, 2013
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/09/a...

Guess I had my hopes too high for Christie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courthouse Home wrecker 12 min misty 7
name of song need help 35 min the planet 5
Fire at the Flats 1 hr Getting better 6
Debate: Ferguson - Huntington, WV 1 hr John 233
oddest time or place you had to poop 2 hr -zapphod- 5
good divorce lawyer 2 hr Matlock 8
-zaphod- UNLEASHED 2 hr -zapphod- 3
•••
•••
•••