Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#28019 Oct 20, 2013
The Blaze has Glenn Beck. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Ravenswood

#28020 Oct 20, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah all right wing websites. I googled it and the first 3 PAGES on google were all ring wing and the majority blogs. Not ONE credible source. Even if it is true that an intern made a mistake(shocking), right wing sites are makiing it a news story because they are afraid their viewers are stupid enough to believe it. I wonder how many pubs started crying and screaming when they saw it. LOL
She obvious doesn't know her right from left either. lol
1 post removed
George

United States

#28022 Oct 20, 2013
DENVER (AP) Governments that try to force citizens to decide between a free press and national security create a "false choice" that weakens democracy, and journalists must fight increasing government overreach that has had a chilling effect on efforts to hold leaders accountable, the president and CEO of The Associated Press said Saturday.
Gary Pruitt told the 69th General Assembly of the Inter American Press Association that the U.S. Justice Department's secret seizure of records of thousands of telephone calls to and from AP reporters in 2012 is one of the most blatant violations of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution the 167-year-old news cooperative has ever encountered.
The Justice Department action involving the AP resonated far beyond the U.S., including Latin America, where journalists for decades have fought to exercise press freedoms under authoritarian regimes, Pruitt said.
"The actions by the Department of Justice could not have been more tailor-made to comfort authoritarian regimes who want to suppress the news media.'The United States does it too,' they can say," Pruitt said.
A free and independent press "differentiates democracy from dictatorship; separates a free society from tyranny," he said.
"Governments who try to set up a situation where citizens think they must choose between a free press and security are making a mistake that will ultimately weaken them, not strengthen them. It's not a real choice. It is a false choice."
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#28023 Oct 20, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
She obvious doesn't know her right from left either. lol
LOL you lied. I was right and you are WRONG again
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#28024 Oct 20, 2013
I proved you wrong now get over it
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#28025 Oct 20, 2013
George wrote:
DENVER (AP) Governments that try to force citizens to decide between a free press and national security create a "false choice" that weakens democracy, and journalists must fight increasing government overreach that has had a chilling effect on efforts to hold leaders accountable, the president and CEO of The Associated Press said Saturday.
Gary Pruitt told the 69th General Assembly of the Inter American Press Association that the U.S. Justice Department's secret seizure of records of thousands of telephone calls to and from AP reporters in 2012 is one of the most blatant violations of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution the 167-year-old news cooperative has ever encountered.
The Justice Department action involving the AP resonated far beyond the U.S., including Latin America, where journalists for decades have fought to exercise press freedoms under authoritarian regimes, Pruitt said.
"The actions by the Department of Justice could not have been more tailor-made to comfort authoritarian regimes who want to suppress the news media.'The United States does it too,' they can say," Pruitt said.
A free and independent press "differentiates democracy from dictatorship; separates a free society from tyranny," he said.
"Governments who try to set up a situation where citizens think they must choose between a free press and security are making a mistake that will ultimately weaken them, not strengthen them. It's not a real choice. It is a false choice."
George this is exactly what I have been talking about. Very sad
1 post removed

Ravenswood

#28027 Oct 21, 2013
I said the Blaze and it's FOX!!!!!
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#28028 Oct 21, 2013
From Associated Press

Despite setback, GOP has impressive budgetary wins

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BUD...
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#28029 Oct 21, 2013
In Brazil, the revelations so angered the president that she cancelled a state visit to Washington and publicly denounced the U.S. for "violation of human rights and of civil liberties."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_FRA...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#28030 Oct 21, 2013
Leighla wrote:
From Associated Press
Despite setback, GOP has impressive budgetary wins
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BUD...
Unlike the usual tactics used by dumb tea baggers to pretend that 100 percent of everything they've ever attempted isn't a complete failure, this is a new one.

It's called "stool-shining."
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#28031 Oct 21, 2013
Media has been polishing a turd for 5 years. What is your point.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#28032 Oct 21, 2013
Leighla wrote:
Media has been polishing a turd for 5 years. What is your point.
My point was clear. Are you having a slow morning?

Arguments with tea baggers always contain a predictable method. For example, many of them deny global warming. It's hilarious. 97 percent of all scientists on planet Earth versus a group of ignorant white men who barely graduated high school 30 years ago.

And the subject is science.

So they use several tactics - Errors of Fact, Appeal to Emotion, Cherry-Picking, Cliche Thinkning, etc. to try to accomplish their basic goals. The one you used is relatively original. It admits absolute defeat, which is a rarely seen approach. It uses several others though, including Errors of Fact and Cherry-picking.
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#28033 Oct 21, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguments with tea baggers always contain a predictable method. For example, many of them deny global warming. It's hilarious. 97 percent of all scientists on planet Earth versus a group of ignorant white men who barely graduated high school 30 years ago.
So they use several tactics - Errors of Fact, Appeal to Emotion, Cherry-Picking, Cliche Thinkning, etc. to try to accomplish their basic goals. The one you used is relatively original. It admits absolute defeat, which is a rarely seen approach. It uses several others though, including Errors of Fact and Cherry-picking.
Typical Kool aid drinking libtard response. Name calling and deflect.
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#28034 Oct 21, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I can acknowledge the turd polishing you are in some deep denial.
Local

Brooklyn, NY

#28035 Oct 21, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should look at the post you write.......

“Liberalism - Reward the takers”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Punish the makers

#28036 Oct 21, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Kool aid drinking libtard response. Name calling and deflect.
They never take responsibility for anything, always blaming Bush for Obama's failures. Sorry ass sheeple following a sorry ass leader.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#28037 Oct 21, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I can acknowledge the turd polishing you are in some deep denial.
You're the one that was doing the polishing. Acknowledging it is a little strange.

readyforhillary.com Get a free bumper sticker. Join the good team and come in for the big win.
Local

Brooklyn, NY

#28038 Oct 21, 2013
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
They never take responsibility for anything, always blaming Bush for Obama's failures. Sorry ass sheeple following a sorry ass leader.
When you have this much animosity toward a group of people like bacon hater has exhibited it shows weakness and fear. Human nature divides us in two groups leaders and followers. Unfortunately for today's society the majority follow.
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#28039 Oct 21, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that was doing the polishing. Acknowledging it is a little strange.
readyforhillary.com Get a free bumper sticker. Join the good team and come in for the big win.
I think I can think for myself and vote for who I want. I am going to vote for the person not the party.

“Liberalism - Reward the takers”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Punish the makers

#28040 Oct 21, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I can think for myself and vote for who I want. I am going to vote for the person not the party.
I never would vote for Hillary "what difference does it make" Clinton. But I can certainly see how she is fooling the ignorant sheeple on the left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single WOMEN with KIDS are EASY but DONT date THEM (Nov '13) 3 min MenAreEasy 164
Kellie Blevins Napier 4 min rich 19
lesbians=disgusting boy wannabes 22 min park 229
what is wrong with Bruce jenner 38 min musky man 1
Martin on Drugs 1 hr Teamrational 218
Martin/Lemaster - Shame on the police and prose... 2 hr Mamaknowsbest 193
stonewall drag 2 hr yeah yeah 3
Layoffs at Special Metals 3 hr Thin Mint 37
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]