First Prev
of 2
Next Last
which is best hospial

Ashland, KY

#1 Sep 10, 2009
i have been referred by a rheumatologist to pain management center at either st. marys or cabell.please help with any info or experiences thats occured that may help me make my decision. i am in the ashand area. i have also considered kings daughters
lbc

United States

#2 Sep 10, 2009
which is best hospial wrote:
i have been referred by a rheumatologist to pain management center at either st. marys or cabell.please help with any info or experiences thats occured that may help me make my decision. i am in the ashand area. i have also considered kings daughters
I can refer you to a very good rheumatologist, and you won't need a pain clinic. There are a lot of biologic drugs out now. No need for narcotics. His name is Ralph Webb and he is at University Physicians.
patient

AOL

#3 Sep 14, 2009
I can tell you that the pain management at st. marys is a really good place dr carraway is the best in my opinion
Webb

Brea, CA

#4 Oct 22, 2010
Dr Webb is an excellent doctor. He has kept my father from being in a wheelchair. He has seen him for years.
Kdmc

Butler, PA

#5 Oct 22, 2010
I wouldn't take my dog to kdmc!!! I love dr caraway. I have heard that ozturk at cabell is a quack
momto2

Bellevue, WA

#6 Oct 22, 2010
Ive known several people who go or was going to Dr Webb...he gave them so much meds every one of them is now an oxy addict. I know one person who gets 120 oxy 30s, 120 80s, opanas & valiums..and hes only about 38..Yes he does have pain, but does not need that much meds to manage the pain he has...so if ur looking just to hit the jackpot on pills hes ur guy...I seen Timothy McPhearson...Loved him...started me out on tramadols, nothing strong...actually cared, asked questions about my life. Instead of spending ten minutes with each patient like most do, he'd talk to his patients for 45-60 minutes. He really cared, didnt wanna get anyone addicted
chesapeakepride

Lesage, WV

#7 Oct 25, 2010
my doc is fienberg in ashland outstanding doc i highly reccomend him
hospital people

Huntington, WV

#8 Oct 25, 2010
St. Marys it should be.
yuppppo

Huntington, WV

#9 Dec 2, 2010
i wudnt go to st.marys if i were dying...i passed it while in labor to make it to cabell... cuda had a baby in the car, but to me....it was better than that crazy place!
best Doc

United States

#10 Dec 2, 2010
If he is accepting patients try Dr. Phillip Fischer on Rt. 60 near the mall. I have been a pt. There for 5 years and have had no negative experiences. He actually gets to know you on a personal level and asks me about my family etc... During appointments. He is really big into treating root causes of pain and is an interventionalist doctor as well. I get spinal injections several times a year that keeps me from having to take hard narcotics. Before he accepts patients he researches all their medical records. In all the years I have gone there I have never waited in the lobby with people who made me uncomfortable compared to a co-worker who goes to a pain clinic that has said people in the waiting room are on their phone selling their meds before they see the doctor.

Dr. Fischer alsp has a male Nurse Practioner who is great. I made an appointment for neck pain (pulled muscled from work) and in my appointment the nurse practioner asked me if I had an open mind to try accupuncture. I tried it and was amazed that 45 minutes later my neck pain was gone and did not return. The accupuncture helped my muscles relax and go back into their normal position. I can keep typing all of the positive experiences I have had there for hours.

I like the fact that he tries to fix the problem rather than cover up the problem with pills. In addition to spine rehabilitation and pain management he has X-ray, a full physical therapy operation, an interventionalist area, as well as a sleep clinic that is ran by Dr. Stoltz who is an amazing Doctor. I went to the sleep study clinic and since following their reccomendations I sleep so much better and actually get restorative sleep. I have sent 2 of my friends there over the years and they both had great experiences as well.

My ONLY complaint is some of his staff culd stand to have personality over hauls, but that is in about every doctors office.

Try him out, I think you will be impressed.
Anonymous

Staunton, VA

#11 Dec 2, 2010
yuppppo wrote:
i wudnt go to st.marys if i were dying...i passed it while in labor to make it to cabell... cuda had a baby in the car, but to me....it was better than that crazy place!
wow your crazy! St Marys beats cabell by everything!
Know both well

Hurricane, WV

#12 Aug 3, 2011
If you want to wait forever - like 12 hours- in a crowded waiting room, then get locked in a closet and not see anyone for hours before the doctor comes in to order MORE tests - then go to St Marys. I wouldn't hit a dog in the butt with that place!
stayaway

United States

#13 Aug 3, 2011
STAY FAR AWAY FROM ST MARY's!!
Jim

Huntington, WV

#14 Aug 3, 2011
SMMC! Avoid Fischer.
bobbyjo

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Aug 3, 2011
momto2 wrote:
Ive known several people who go or was going to Dr Webb...he gave them so much meds every one of them is now an oxy addict. I know one person who gets 120 oxy 30s, 120 80s, opanas & valiums..and hes only about 38..Yes he does have pain, but does not need that much meds to manage the pain he has...so if ur looking just to hit the jackpot on pills hes ur guy...I seen Timothy McPhearson...Loved him...started me out on tramadols, nothing strong...actually cared, asked questions about my life. Instead of spending ten minutes with each patient like most do, he'd talk to his patients for 45-60 minutes. He really cared, didnt wanna get anyone addicted
You must be refering to D.H. Webb the psychiatrist who also "treats" pain.
a home who knows

Lebanon, KY

#16 Aug 3, 2011
If you are ill and need good medical care then you need to leave our area. If you look up the best hospital as ranked by US News and World Report, Univeristy of Cincinnati Hospital ranked very high as well as Ohio State Medical Center. My daughter has a chronic illness and we go to Cincinnati.
yo

Astoria, NY

#17 Aug 3, 2011
If Ur gonna have a baby, Cabell cuz they help mother and baby. St marys is catholic or whatever and primarily helps the baby, they don't put much effort into saving the mother if something were to go wrong. Shitty but that's life. This is Walgreens.

Level 1

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#18 Aug 4, 2011
i wouldnt send my dying dog to st marys....being in the nursing field and seeing what comes outta there.....and not to mention all the law suits that are being filed against them.....yea thats a big red flag.....check for yourselves.... wvrecord.com you dont see cabell being sued for anything....they are suing people to get their money is all!!!!!
nunya biz

Hermitage, TN

#19 Aug 14, 2011
datcandy4u wrote:
i wouldnt send my dying dog to st marys....being in the nursing field and seeing what comes outta there.....and not to mention all the law suits that are being filed against them.....yea thats a big red flag.....check for yourselves.... wvrecord.com you dont see cabell being sued for anything....they are suing people to get their money is all!!!!!
Oh really??

http://www.wvrecord.com/search/results.asp...

Don't lie, it's embarrassing.
justathought

Astoria, NY

#20 Aug 14, 2011
datcandy4u wrote:
I too am in the medical field and I have seen a lot of bad done at CHH. I would never send anyone to CHH ER. I will say they have a good PICU and NICU. I have had one family member in CHH because they were transferred from another facility that did not have a PICU, they treated that family member very good. I have never had a family member in SMMC so I'm not comparing them based on treatment received from a personal experience. I just know that I have seen alot worse treatment out of the staff at CHH than out of SMMC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad breath how to tell someone it's atrocious 14 min big dick 20
Tim Irr Angry Over Rumor on Topix? (May '12) 19 min Just Me 16
What's next Huntington? 1 hr Harold Frankel 1
Sorry Deniers, We Just Had Warmest Year! 1 hr Silent Majority 116
Secret Confessions Of Married Couples Anything ... (Jun '12) 1 hr imacheater 79
Michael Christian from Gdotte 2 hr Traveler 11
Who knows Natasha Plymale? 4 hr mysterious man 7
Huntington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web