What do yall think about union jobs n...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
obvious

Chesapeake, OH

#42 Jul 20, 2013
As stated before, I hold a job and belong to a union. In my eyes, I've received absolutely nothing from the union. I (just like the other sheep), quietly pay my dues and work very hard. I appreciaye my job, and my co-workers. I just don't buy into the myth that the union has my interests at heart. I haven't seen one good thing that they've done. I go to the meetings, I vote, I do my job with outstanding results; but, at the end of the day, all I see the union doing is taking $ from my check and defending the slackers around me. Go union!
obvious

Chesapeake, OH

#43 Jul 20, 2013
I know toyota and other plants/factories very well. Toyota is non-union. All the workers there are making a very good wage, work good shifts, with good pay for the hours required of them, and seem to enjoy the working environment that's been created for them. I just wish there could be more of these jobs come to our area. Wonder how that could happen? Seems like non-union jobs pay the same, have good benefits, reasonable workload, safe conditions. Remind me why we need unions again?
fat man in the party van

Huntington, WV

#44 Jul 20, 2013
obvious wrote:
I know toyota and other plants/factories very well. Toyota is non-union. All the workers there are making a very good wage, work good shifts, with good pay for the hours required of them, and seem to enjoy the working environment that's been created for them. I just wish there could be more of these jobs come to our area. Wonder how that could happen? Seems like non-union jobs pay the same, have good benefits, reasonable workload, safe conditions. Remind me why we need unions again?
Take away unions and there's no good wage to compare to.....straight back to minimum wage with no one to stop it
fat man in the party van

Huntington, WV

#45 Jul 20, 2013
obvious wrote:
Everything ur saying is comparing....well if there weren't unions there wouldn't be anything to compare to...
Cabell County Cary

Huntington, WV

#46 Jul 21, 2013
Unions have outlived their usefulness and are dying away. People have realized that the Fat Cat Union Bosses make just as much as the Fat Cat Business Bosses. The only difference is that the first one lives large off of the sweat and union dues of the worker while the second guy actually sells a product.

We can sit back and remain a non right-to-work state and get smothered by the likes of North Carolina and Soiuth Carolina. Given the risks involved building a business in the WV with the union mentality we have, we are really lucky anyone invests here.

Keep on slacking and striking boys - run off a few thousand more jobs.
fat man in the party van

Huntington, WV

#47 Jul 21, 2013
Cabell County Cary wrote:
Unions have outlived their usefulness and are dying away. People have realized that the Fat Cat Union Bosses make just as much as the Fat Cat Business Bosses. The only difference is that the first one lives large off of the sweat and union dues of the worker while the second guy actually sells a product.

We can sit back and remain a non right-to-work state and get smothered by the likes of North Carolina and Soiuth Carolina. Given the risks involved building a business in the WV with the union mentality we have, we are really lucky anyone invests here.

Keep on slacking and striking boys - run off a few thousand more jobs.
What do you do for a living?
obvious

Chesapeake, OH

#48 Jul 21, 2013
He's probably an honest working member of society who makes a decent wage, supports a family, and doesn't see any benefits from unions. It's possible ya know? Not all productive people who hold down good jobs suck of the teat of the union. I honestly think that I would make more money without the union dipping into my paycheck.
Wondering

Chesapeake, OH

#49 Jul 21, 2013
obvious wrote:
He's probably an honest working member of society who makes a decent wage, supports a family, and doesn't see any benefits from unions. It's possible ya know? Not all productive people who hold down good jobs suck of the teat of the union. I honestly think that I would make more money without the union dipping into my paycheck.
Only one way to find out!
Turn in your Union card and have at it!
Bet you change your tune real quick!
Hard to believe that some still can't realize how much every blue collar worker has benefited from the collective bargaining of the past 90 years!
george

Greensburg, PA

#50 Jul 22, 2013
For every fat cat union boss there's 10000 fat cat upper management boss.where do you think the money saved by the company will go if they get rid of unions?
nobama

Chesapeake, OH

#51 Jul 22, 2013
obvious wrote:
As stated before, I hold a job and belong to a union. In my eyes, I've received absolutely nothing from the union. I (just like the other sheep), quietly pay my dues and work very hard. I appreciaye my job, and my co-workers. I just don't buy into the myth that the union has my interests at heart. I haven't seen one good thing that they've done. I go to the meetings, I vote, I do my job with outstanding results; but, at the end of the day, all I see the union doing is taking $ from my check and defending the slackers around me. Go union!
Completely how I feel about my union job. Also someone else stated that we would all be minimum wage without unions. This makes entirely no sense. There are thousands of non union jobs out there that pay more than minimum wage not to mention the supervisors at my job are non union and make more than the union guys make. Why not pay them minimum wage? They could if they wanted to, but they don't. It's due to skill, responsibility, risk and other factors. That is what most pay rates are based on without unions.
really

Wichita, KS

#52 Jul 23, 2013
obvious is too chicken to give up his union card.. If I felt like he does, I would burn it.. bawk bawk bawk.. His wife wont let him...pansy.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#53 Jul 23, 2013
"I pity the man who wants a coat so cheap that the man who produces the cloth will starve in the process."

Benjamin Harrison, 1891
Derper

Huntington, WV

#54 Jul 23, 2013
Put it very simply...every union pipe fitter, electrician, etc. I have ever known had a nice house, often a pool, nice car, wife and kids had decent clothes, didn't have to eat garbage and call it dinner, got to take a nice vacation trip, etc.

Show me non-union men and women who, in essence, work with their hands at a TRADE without the benefit of a union card who can say the same? They get treated pretty much the same as illegals on a job site. If not worse.

A skill, a trade, will become more and more valuable. Soon America will have no tech or assembly line jobs left. A degree, 80% of the time for a working class kid, isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Working class young people are beginning to see the value of skilled labor. Honestly, around here, if you aren't union, you don't have much chance of providing a nice life for your family.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#55 Jul 23, 2013
obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that fat party thinks the workers are the owners. Workers don't fill the role of owners. Owners get to make mistakes, leaf from them or fail by them, but they're their mistakes to make. Same way with success. The owners role is not the same as the workers role. F150's price is dictated by what the market will bare, irreguardless of what the owners pay the workers. I respect the worker and what they do, but they are not owners. Got any more union garb they've been feeding you?
You lost me at "Irreguardless".
Silent majority

United States

#56 Jul 24, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Twitter Melt Down 5/20/18 3 min Alucard 36
Ban mandatory mowing 21 min big b 5
texas shooting 41 min Oval Office Circuis 267
Mike Ankrom (Sep '12) 1 hr Love1985 22
America Held Hostage Day 491 1 hr MarkJ- 8
Who's leaving Who's staying ? At WSAZ (Sep '13) 5 hr Anonymous 145
Looking for straight fit slim guy to stop by 6 hr Looking 1

Huntington Jobs

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages