Huntington high school
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wondering

Charleston, WV

#1 Apr 18, 2014
We need to rally against the board of education for safer schools. We don't demand that our school board follow the safe schools act. Penalties are too lenient, there is no consistency. What happened to that girl today is why my gifted children will not step one foot in huntington high school. There is no supervision of the kids. There are too many kinds for the teachers to watch, God knows they do the best we can. There have been nothing but problems since that school consolidated and it is proven consolidation isn't the best option. Yet cabell county and WV continue to do even though it's proven not effective. There motto is dedicated to the success of every student". Right the only thing they are dedicated to is not spending money on the students so the board of education can have larger salaries
School distractors

Huntington, WV

#2 Apr 18, 2014
Ms. Neely said the problem is little distractors called special needs. Thank you for sharing your story it shows ms . neelyis wrong. She probably want separate school for smart and dumb kids, poor and rich, black and white. Because she discriminates that way.

There too many people in board education office sitting on the butts.

We need get rid of Bill Smith and his posse . Because they don't care about safety. They spent money consolation and try do all year round school when others state go away from. The board has new clue on laws, bully policy and safe school acts.
Makes you wonder what the levey is for?...
School

Huntington, WV

#3 Apr 18, 2014
Is this about fight at school today ?
hhs

Greensburg, PA

#4 Apr 18, 2014
Mr. Webb and his administration does a wonderful job protecting the kids at HHS. They do the best they can do with what they are given. Was it administration fault there was a fight? NO! Those kids obviously had issues with each others and took it out at school. How are they supposed to know when a fight is about to brake out? None of the administration could have predicted the fight if they could then steps would have been taken to make sure everyone was safe. I get very upset when I hear people blame administration when their kids are the ones causing the problems.
Nota used

Ironton, OH

#5 Apr 18, 2014
Just saw that story on WSAZ. Apparently the girl in question was charged with felony assault after slamming some girls head repeatedly into the concrete and punching her,
I'm sure her parents are proud of what a little piece of white trash their daughter has become.
Don't worry she get her own taste of "violation" in jail.
Lock her up for a while and that will cool her punk ass down a bit.
Please

Midland, PA

#6 Apr 18, 2014
Wondering wrote:
We need to rally against the board of education for safer schools. We don't demand that our school board follow the safe schools act. Penalties are too lenient, there is no consistency. What happened to that girl today is why my gifted children will not step one foot in huntington high school. There is no supervision of the kids. There are too many kinds for the teachers to watch, God knows they do the best we can. There have been nothing but problems since that school consolidated and it is proven consolidation isn't the best option. Yet cabell county and WV continue to do even though it's proven not effective. There motto is dedicated to the success of every student". Right the only thing they are dedicated to is not spending money on the students so the board of education can have larger salaries
You my friend are an imbecile. Every school has fights and problems. HHS does a great job protecting and educating its students. My children all graduated from there and are excelling in the University setting. HHS prepared them for this stage in their lives. Thank you HHS administration and staff. Keep up the good work!
too soft

Huntington, WV

#7 Apr 18, 2014
People are too soft these days. I beat the bricks off a guy in high school for shoving my ( at the time ) gfs head into a wall. I got 3 days suspension. Then about two weeks later I got served with assault charges. The parents didn't press charges due to him getting what he asked for. It was the principals doings. Plead my case to the magistrate got off scotch free. I'm still waiting to catch his brother out for telling everyone he kicked my arse later on. Still waiting for it to come true pretty boy. Any who, quit being so soft. People got hurt. No matter who says or does what, violence is inevitable. You nor anyone can unfortunately stop it.
1 post removed
Reality

Proctorville, OH

#9 Apr 18, 2014
Bottom line is this, buses drop kids off starting at 6:40. Teachers do not report until 7:20. There are 6 administrators there to supervise over 500 students before the rest of the staff arrives. Does this happen at Midland? Heck no! This is the real issue.
Wondering

Charleston, WV

#10 Apr 18, 2014
hhs wrote:
Mr. Webb and his administration does a wonderful job protecting the kids at HHS. They do the best they can do with what they are given. Was it administration fault there was a fight? NO! Those kids obviously had issues with each others and took it out at school. How are they supposed to know when a fight is about to brake out? None of the administration could have predicted the fight if they could then steps would have been taken to make sure everyone was safe. I get very upset when I hear people blame administration when their kids are the ones causing the problems.
My kids don't go to Huntington High. So sorry mine aren't the ones causing the problem. They aren't old enough yet. The board of education and administration is to blame. The student center is supposed to be monitored with cameras. Why do teacher not have a duty in there in the morning? The administration is supposed to make sure all areas of that school has the eyes of a teacher. Why was it the fight was allowed to go on so long before it was broken up by a kid?
Wondering

Charleston, WV

#11 Apr 18, 2014
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
You my friend are an imbecile. Every school has fights and problems. HHS does a great job protecting and educating its students. My children all graduated from there and are excelling in the University setting. HHS prepared them for this stage in their lives. Thank you HHS administration and staff. Keep up the good work!
You my friend have no idea what you are talking about. The school is too damn big and there isn't enough staff. You don't know what I do for a living but I can assure you I know what I am talking about. The safe schools act is not enforced the way it should be because the board of education is down the administrations throat to not suspend kids even when the violation calls for suspension. So yes my dear I know what I am taking about
True

Charleston, WV

#12 Apr 18, 2014
My son told me today that no one should have to fight at school. He said school is a place where kids should know they are safe and unfortunately this girl lays in a hospital bed with a fractured skull because the other girl didn't feel the same way.
Huntington

Charleston, WV

#13 Apr 18, 2014
Reality wrote:
Bottom line is this, buses drop kids off starting at 6:40. Teachers do not report until 7:20. There are 6 administrators there to supervise over 500 students before the rest of the staff arrives. Does this happen at Midland? Heck no! This is the real issue.
Good point. That's an 83:1 ratio. And these kids are all over the hallways in the morning too. However the aren't supposed to be in certain parts of the school until the teachers bell rings.
Jaded

Hockessin, DE

#14 Apr 18, 2014
Teachers' official work day is from 7:20-3:20. The fight occurred before morning duties even start.
big man with little brain

United States

#15 Apr 19, 2014
too soft wrote:
People are too soft these days. I beat the bricks off a guy in high school for shoving my ( at the time ) gfs head into a wall. I got 3 days suspension. Then about two weeks later I got served with assault charges. The parents didn't press charges due to him getting what he asked for. It was the principals doings. Plead my case to the magistrate got off scotch free. I'm still waiting to catch his brother out for telling everyone he kicked my arse later on. Still waiting for it to come true pretty boy. Any who, quit being so soft. People got hurt. No matter who says or does what, violence is inevitable. You nor anyone can unfortunately stop it.
....lol, "scotch free" ....you couldn't beat your meat ..much less somebodys ass....and you didn't have a girlfriend....it was your boyfriend.....and its Scott free ....you didn't pay attention in school dumb arse.
lol

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Apr 19, 2014
Reality wrote:
Hhs is alot bigger than Midland first off. And if 6 staff can control over 1, 000 kids than I would love to see it. Hhs is the same as valley and Midland. There more worried about the drugs coming in there than kids getting into fights. Ppl fight thats life. Everyone has done it. Im not saying its right. But it happens. Maybe the other kid pushed around or did something to that person to make them snap. Its life. So dont judge one school when it happens everywhere.
Truth

Elizabeth, WV

#17 Apr 19, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hhs is alot bigger than Midland first off.
Not sure where you are getting your info, but Midland has about 400 more students than HHS does. Interestingly, Midland also has about half the behavior incidents that HHS does. Look it up, all that data is online.
Please

Huntington, WV

#18 Apr 19, 2014
The saddest part of the entire situation is that we, as a society, point fingers of blame at everyone except who we should be. It is ultimately the people that fought and assaulted one another who should be blamed. Until we go back to personal responsibility in this nation, we will continue our downward slide. Our schools do the best they can with what they have. Please pray for America.
HHigh

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Apr 19, 2014
Tracey Price is a nasty little skank. I'm sure her parents are trash as well.
School

Huntington, WV

#20 Apr 19, 2014
It's almost the end of the year. And now say their too many kids for administration to watch until teachers are on duty. And also and when their teachers their too many kids. Many board education and supertienant should do morning duty since they wanted consolidation. We need new leadership we start with new board members and supertienant . Vote this election for new board members.

Before consolidation we didnt have one security person taking care of fights. The staff took care of it. They had to call police since security by wasnt there. Wow school has no control. What policy fighting ?What the cell phone policy? So many rules broken . Different rules for different people.
Not True

Hurricane, WV

#21 Apr 19, 2014
True wrote:
My son told me today that no one should have to fight at school. He said school is a place where kids should know they are safe and unfortunately this girl lays in a hospital bed with a fractured skull because the other girl didn't feel the same way.
The girl is not in the hospital nor is her skull fractured. Please stop spreading untrue rumors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is ted cruz the singer for stryper 2 min Joey betafooco ov... 4
Wife is having affair 6 min Joey betafooco ov... 17
Jb's strip club (May '12) 2 hr YTee 24
They want more taxes for recycling 2 hr The stones 16
House that use to flood 2 hr Yvonne 1
Mom taught you better... 3 hr Mike 11
White people, seriously 4 hr ewww 25

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance