First Prev
of 15
Next Last
KY GIRL

Morehead, KY

#1 Dec 7, 2008
Does anyone work at GC Services I worked there about a year ago and was wondering how things were going. Hey if you know anything let me know. Thanks
collector123isme

Lesage, WV

#2 Dec 7, 2008
hya kya girl I work for gc and been there bout 9 months and its ok kinda cliquy run by buncha kids not too prffesional but pays my bills kinda fun sometime i work in th west end one for wfaf what else you need to know. Oh yeah if you get hired again tell them i sent you wait ... this is a nom de plume darn i wish o remain ambigious ask away wht yo ned to know?
KY GIRL

Morehead, KY

#3 Dec 8, 2008
I worked at the east end I know alot of the managers from the west end that were transfered. I was just wondering about some of the managers from the east end. And putting down that i knew you wouldn't work anyway i would be a re hire. Thanks alot for responding.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Aug 30, 2010
that place on the west end is a hell hole, they just lost one of their projects and now theyre shifting ppl around trying to find places for them and firing good people who actually work...and they obviously employ drug users bc my friend was telling me today that he knows a girl who told him that the trainner derek mcginnis that works there tested posotive for coke for another job he applied for somewhere else and they know about it and bc the upper management thinks hes hot theyve done nothing about it....i wouldnt want that dude to touch anything that had to do with my paycheck let alone train ppl...thats insane!! i thought if u were caught applying for a new job u were terminated, i guess that only applies if ur not in the IN crowd......
Tessa

Hurricane, WV

#5 Aug 31, 2010
I worked at GC a year ago as well. Place went down from what I hear.
1 post removed
former employee

Huntington, WV

#7 Aug 31, 2010
LuvMyJob, You have no idea, so I wouldn't be throwing names around when you don't even know the person. First of all I worked with Derek and he isn't a "trainer" or "trainner" as you put it. You obviously don't know what you're talking about and shouldn't talk about things you don't know. Karma's a bitch! Also, an employer cannot fire you just for applying somewhere else. They knew I applied elsewhere and tried to get me to stay on. So why don't you do some more research before you start slinging mud.

Location hidden

#8 Sep 1, 2010
well being as you dont work there anymore its safe to say you dont know shit, and im assuming from the remark you made that hes probably close to you and with that being said he usually gets people to cover for him from what i understand!! and he is a trainer there and im certain of that my friend wouldnt lie to me........and as far as karma is a bitch your right it is and maybe something should be done to this guy for using drugs, cause who knowsmaybe this is his karma! but dude your not worth my time and i know what i know and obviously thats more than you!
former employee

Huntington, WV

#9 Sep 1, 2010
Yeah, i dont work there anymore, but i did as recent as the last month or so. I'm not "close" with Derek, but I did work with him and he was a team lead. He was also a JCC (not a trainer), you obviously don't work there and don't even know who you are talking about

Location hidden

#10 Sep 2, 2010
lol and what does ojt stand for...on the job training and what does a jcc do......they train! you get it right and he has done training classes!so my suggestion to you is but out because we all know how quickly shit changes in these places! and obviously your the one that doesnt know the dude
June

Huntington, WV

#11 Sep 2, 2010
My sister worked for them for three years. She left about this time last year. She worked in the Altizer office. She said the job was okay. However, they had to share headsets, and she got lice several times! She reported them to the health department but nothing ever came of it I guess.
April

Fort Gay, WV

#12 Oct 24, 2010
I worked at the one on the west end just a couple months shy of 2 yrs. I worked on the AmEx project. I must say that when Steve Allor was running the project it was great. When he left it went to hell. They are dirty two faced back stabbers who protend to care about you and be your friend when all they care about is the money and themselves. I would not advise anybody to work there. Sure at first, they treat you great. After a few months you will see their true colors.
red wagon

Staunton, VA

#13 Oct 24, 2010
I eat poop
bhyfl

Huntington, WV

#14 Oct 25, 2010
sounds like a wonderful place.
worried

Sullivan, OH

#15 Oct 26, 2010
There is an employee that works there named shane pelfrey who used to be the bigges oxy dealer in chesapeake!!! he is also known to be dangers and is heard to rob a lot of people, have weapons, and hit females!! please keep an eye out for him!! don't know how he recieved the job being a pot dealer and smoker!!! GC GET WITH IT!! YOU ARE NOT BEING STRICT ENOUGH ON DRUG TEST HE BRAGGED TO EVERYONE ABOUT TAPING A CONDOM FULL OF URINE AROUND HIS LEG OF CLEAN PEE TO GET THE JOB!!! TEST HIM ON THE SPOT!!
gc sucks

Saint Albans, WV

#16 Oct 26, 2010
they hire ya, train ya, then after a month tell you they dont need ya anymore. happens all the time. will hire a lot at one time then let them all go after the project is over.. yea, and they do hire skanks and do not watch who is doing drugs., not a safe place to work
unknown

AOL

#17 Oct 30, 2010
shit! thats all i needed to hear :( is there anything at all good about that place. please anyone give me a little tiny peice of hope
gc sucks

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Oct 30, 2010
There is no hope for that place.. sorry unknown!! i personally know people this has happened to.
Ex GC

Hurricane, WV

#19 Dec 19, 2010
I used to work in the Altizer office. I had to leave due to family issues and while it's not the greatest place to work, it is getting a lot better. I like the people I work with and the guy who has been running the place for the last year is making the place a WHOLE lot better. Darrnulc is really nice but he let the place go to hell right under his nose! I'm not sure what happened to Darrnucl but things are so much better now that he's not around much. HE's a VP and pretty clueless. Now, if they can just get rid of the inmature Joey Peck it would not be a bad place to work. I was there 4 years and Peck is every bit as bad as that bitch Fetty who ran the 2nd floor before him. He's just like her but with less brains. I think Tabors has to keep him under constant surveilance to make sure he doesn't keep acting like a child. Why else would he put another PM up there except they do not trust Joey Pecker?!?!?!?
Ex GC

Hurricane, WV

#20 Dec 19, 2010
I know this sounds like I'm prejudice, but Joey Pecker's boyfriend works there too...the other guy is cute, quiet and nice. I'd go out wiht him in a heartbeat if I wasn't married ;)Joey Pecker definately is dating outside of his league with that guy!
runaway

Chesapeake, OH

#21 Dec 19, 2010
I've worked there 4yrs all they care about is there bonus we worked our buts off and they get paid that place will never b better...Joe Peck is a idiot he should have never got that job

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WVU Beats Baylor, Fans Riot Like Ferguson MO 2 min steve 11
l4f 22 min Who knows 3
Chandra Ross (Feb '14) 33 min Turtle Wax 38
Matt Johnson (Oct '12) 37 min Dentist 16
Debbie Chinn 39 min Preston W Gallows 3
Rahall-Jenkins House race remains tight 52 min whatalaff 43
general contractor honesty 1 hr ray ray 2
in your face marshall fans suck it 2 hr Huntington Guy 141
Randy Pennington 2 hr ifuifuwnt 61
Cops at Beards funeral home 4 hr you suck lady 8