Ghost Hunting Group From Huntington, ...

Ghost Hunting Group From Huntington, Seeking Haunted Places

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
HuntingtonGhostH unters

AOL

#1 Oct 12, 2006
Hello Huntington!
Huntington WV Ghost Hunters are a group of paranormal investigators located in Huntington West Virginia.
We are currently looking for haunted places in Huntington WV and surrounding areas.
Huntington WV Ghost Hunters provides FREE and investigations to anyone who is experiencing a possible paranormal issue.
We are also seeking new members to join out group!
Anyone interested in us conducting an investigation please contact us, all information will be kept confidential.
E-mail Us: [email protected] .com
For more information on our group and what we do, please visit our website:
www.HuntingtonWVGhostHunters.com
Thanks and Happy Halloween!
little redneck angel

Levittown, NY

#2 Jun 3, 2007
Mildred Mitchel-Bateman Hospital is haunted. although there are not many things happen, and they happen few and far between, it is haunted. I once seen a man walk into room 306 in the clinical building and thought it was one of my co-workers, but he had been sitting at the desk the whole time. One other co-worker seen a woman ( that she could see through ) walking toward the old morgue where the store room is now,the woman was wearing very noticable red shoes. Others have said they seen the shadow of a someone hanging and swinging across from where a patient had succesfully hung themself years ago. I know that the hospital will not let you investigate, due to patient confidentiallity and so as not to scare the patients. But it is very interesting when it happens.
curious

AOL

#3 Jun 20, 2007
I went to the site but it gave me an error page. Is there still ghost hunters in Huntington? If so i have a question i'd like to ask.

“Hello, you'ens”

Since: Jun 07

born in Huntington Wv

#4 Jul 2, 2007
Curious, I am not sure. I was just looking around and found this. I was very interested in it myself. But haven't heard anything from them.
2 posts removed

“Hello, you'ens”

born in Huntington Wv

#7 Jul 8, 2007
Stephanie, I haven't figured it out yet, I commented and noone replied. maybe they aren't doing this anymore, I have no clue. I thought it sounded very interesting as well. If you find out anything, let me know. [email protected]
WVU fan

Conneaut Lake, PA

#8 Oct 9, 2007
Hi.
I would love to know the history of and any other stories about hauntings in Huntington's West End (what used to be Central City).

My parents & I once lived on Jefferson Avenue, Huntington and despite having always been a skeptic about such things, I became a believer when I heard footsteps coming down our stairs one day and my son who was 3 at the time heard them too. We were home alone and the house was quiet. I was actually rocking him to sleep and there was no one else at home but us when we heard them. They stopped suddenly at the bottom and we didn't see anything but it terrified both of us. Other times (often) lights would come on in middle of the night and drove my Dad crazy because he had all the wiring checked over and over and it was fine. Outside porch light would come on at night. Later, my son would stay there with my folks and said they heard loud clomping footsteps coming up and down the stairs and actually heard doors to his old room and mine closing.

We were NOT the only ones to experience such things. My husband's grandparents lived across the street from us and they repeatedly heard the same type of footsteps and door closings.

When my son was in high school, he dated a girl whose grandparents had lived up the street from the rest of us and before he had even told her about what went on in our old house, she told him the same types of stories that made her grandparents move.

Also, a boy who lived on the next block up (who we didn't know before my son met him at work) told the same stories AGAIN before my son had mentioned our experiences

SO...apparently this entire area or at least our block and adjacent ones have some type of history...perhaps an old cemetery that was once there and maybe raized or destroyed for the houses?

All the houses are really old. Dating from 30's and 40's and maybe even older.

A friend told us that his grandpa had lived there for many many years before we moved there and had told him that our house had actually been moved there from somewhere else and that area had been "built up" with dirt etc

He didn't know all the history of the area about whether there had once been a cemetery or if something horrible had once happened in that area

Before I heard and saw the things in our old house, I didn't believe in ghosts either but they made me a believer

After hearing all the other stories from people that we hadn't even known or talked to back when we lived there in the early 80's confirmed that there's definitely something going on down there

I can't find any history on the Central City/Jefferson Avenue (from 14th St W on down to about 19th St W - All of us mentioned above lived on the 17th St to 18th St block with exception of my son's friend. He lived on the 16th St block)

There was a Huntington policeman gunned down and killed in 1981 at the end of the alley that ran behind our house and right in front of the old Jefferson School at 19th St West but the things we experienced happened BEFORE that

There was an old lady who lived in our house and died right before we bought it, so could have been her. That one seemed benign. The ones later that my son heard though scared him and sounded different - like men clomping up and down the stairs and my mom actually made a comment to him once when he was scared that he "shouldn't be worried, because they weren't there for HIM"? Well, THAT wasn't much comfort and she never would talk about them with me!

Just curious if anyone else lived or lives on Jefferson Ave in that block or blocks and if they have experienced the same or similar

AND would love to know history of those houses and of the area to see if something horrible happened there or if the flood of 1937 moved graves, a cemetery was relocated or what

Thanks

“Hello, you'ens”

born in Huntington Wv

#9 Oct 20, 2007
WVU Fan, I just wanted to add that on the corner of madison avenue and I think it is 18th street, there is a green building on the corner. There was a fire there years ago, I am not sure how long ago, but there was a woman in the upper floor apartment with two children. People begged this woman to throw the children out so they wouldn't burn to death, the woman would not, she instead sit in the corner with the children and they all three died in that fire. that is the only thing I know about that area. I do however remember when the officer was killed in 1981.
My grandmother lived at 1405 7th ave in the east end of Huntington when I was born, we lived there until I was six or seven. I remember it was haunted. My grandmother was the only one to ever see the ghost, he wore a suit like the three muskateers, it was lavander in color. he would not go into our kitchen just stand at the door of the kitchen and moan. he would follow us up and down the stairs, we got used to him being there. he actually ran someone off that was trying to get into my uncle's room once by makeing loud clanging noises. I remember once I was five years old, my uncle who was six then and I went to the attic to play and we found an old chest that held many old fashioned clothes and we played in them for hours until grandma called us for dinner. Grandma asked us what we were playing with up there that kept us so busy. When we told her, she said there was nothing like that up there. We told her yes there was, and took her to the attic to see it, and it was no longer there. I remember a large white lace hat with flowers all around it, it was beautiful and there were dresses and suit's and shoes and jewelry, it was all beautiful. but it was gone. never to be seen again. I really wish that the person that started this site would reply. I would love to hear some stories about our area and all of the hauntings. Cara
CHARLES

AOL

#10 Oct 25, 2007
TRY BOLLING ALLEY IN HUNTINGTON CLONIAL LANES AND GET BACK TO ME

“Hello, you'ens”

born in Huntington Wv

#11 Oct 26, 2007
There are sooo many places in Huntington that are haunted. I found a few paranormal investigators in our area on myspace. I have written them and am waiting on a reply.
1 post removed
morgan mayo

United States

#13 Nov 1, 2007
Barboursville middle school is haunted. while an old man named Mr.jenkins was painting the library,he had a heart attack.His friends took him to the hospital.He died that night.If you are ever are in the libary say "hi to Mr.jenkins" you might fell like you felt a cold breeze by your feet or someone tapping on your sholder. But don't be scared he just wants to say hi.

“Hello, you'ens”

born in Huntington Wv

#14 Nov 11, 2007
CHARLES wrote:
TRY BOLLING ALLEY IN HUNTINGTON CLONIAL LANES AND GET BACK TO ME
I have been Colonial lanes many times, although it has been quite a while since I was in there last, I don't remember ever feeling anything there. I however have many things at the Keith Albee in the ladies restroom. That is a spooky experience, just walking through the area You can feel it. It feels like someone is watching you the whole time you are in there, and it is not a pleasant feeling at all.
JCales

Elkin, NC

#15 Dec 30, 2007
I also grew up in West End Huntington, on Adams Ave. We lived at 2615. Our house had all kinds of paranormal activity, from footsteps, lights flashing on and off, beds shaking when you were lying in them, to apparitions. It was always terrifying to me as a child. We moved from that house to Ona when I was 9 and I was finally able to start sleeping in my own bed. We had a small, scary basement in that house and it felt like someone was watching you. There was one corner of our Basement that both my sister and I refused to walk into because we swore something lived back there. Hope this helps!
katfish

Rayville, LA

#16 Jan 1, 2008
The northern panhandle of west virginia is spirit frequented. Have you tried to find out about the mothman theory? I haven't lived in west virginia for over 30 years, but I know there are some strange phenomenoms there.
JCales

Elkin, NC

#17 Jan 3, 2008
The mothman story in West Virgina is in North Western WV, Point Pleasant. The people of Point Pleasant have not seen that creature again since the fall of the old bridge.
katfish

United States

#18 Jan 4, 2008
JCales wrote:
The mothman story in West Virgina is in North Western WV, Point Pleasant. The people of Point Pleasant have not seen that creature again since the fall of the old bridge.
I once knew a woman who said her parents were killed on that bridge. But she never mentioned the mothman theory. I wonder if there really are such creatures. Or is it a hoax, like bigfoot?
JCales

Elkin, NC

#19 Jan 7, 2008
katfish wrote:
<quoted text>I once knew a woman who said her parents were killed on that bridge. But she never mentioned the mothman theory. I wonder if there really are such creatures. Or is it a hoax, like bigfoot?
Nobody was really able to prove or disprove the Mothman. There have been many other sightings all over the world of the same kind of creature, always before a large tragedy happens. The first time I ever heard about it was when my mom took us to summer camp as children. We drove over the new bridge and she told us the story. Years later the movie "The Mothman Prophesies" came out and I couldn't believe it was very similar to the story I was told as a child. I became curious and did some research online. There were many sightings of the Mothman, from Charleston, all around. Look
here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman
there is plenty of information there to explain about the story.
Huntington Paranormal

AOL

#20 Jan 8, 2008
Hey sorry for the errors you are getting...we changed websites a while back (didn't catch this post before today) but our new web address is
WWW.HUNTINGTONPARANORMAL.COM
Please visit our website and if you have anymore info to share that would be great.
You can e-mail us at: [email protected] ormal.com
witchie2333

Lewisburg, WV

#21 Jan 31, 2008
I live in Ona, WV. My mother and dad purchased a home a few years before I was born (I'm now 50 yrs. old). The house sits on property across from what used to be the Jubilee Ranch. It was a type of opry hall. They had the big old barn where they held the dancing and music playing. My mom still lives in the same house. My dad passed away almost 30 years ago. He had a brain tumor. He had it removed when I was in the 3rd grade, but it came back after about 9 years later. He also had epilipsey. He was also a chain smoker and a heavy coffee drinker. Cups of coffee have mysterious been moved from one place to the other and cigarettes disappear. Mother now has Alzhiemers Disease. After my dad's passing, there have been many strange things and sounds at the home. My grown children state they would not stay there alone at night. I live next door. My husband (whom is a skeptic), while standing on our back porch at night, has seen what appeared to be shadows standing at the kitchen window. No one was at home at the time. There has been knocking sounds in the home and sounds of things falling that cannot be explained. I myself have felt the energy at times. I'm not afraid, but it does give me an strange feeling as if someone is there. We all have felt this and do believe the home is haunted. I also had an uncle who stayed there alot. He was an alcoholic. The last day before he left, he told mom he would see her the next day. He went to stay with her sister that night and apparently died of heart attack while there. Who haunts the house? I don't know, but I don't fear them. They would do no harm. However, I would like to know.
adreynolds1

United States

#22 Jan 31, 2008
witchie2333 wrote:
I live in Ona, WV. My mother and dad purchased a home a few years before I was born (I'm now 50 yrs. old). The house sits on property across from what used to be the Jubilee Ranch. It was a type of opry hall. They had the big old barn where they held the dancing and music playing. My mom still lives in the same house. My dad passed away almost 30 years ago. He had a brain tumor. He had it removed when I was in the 3rd grade, but it came back after about 9 years later. He also had epilipsey. He was also a chain smoker and a heavy coffee drinker. Cups of coffee have mysterious been moved from one place to the other and cigarettes disappear. Mother now has Alzhiemers Disease. After my dad's passing, there have been many strange things and sounds at the home. My grown children state they would not stay there alone at night. I live next door. My husband (whom is a skeptic), while standing on our back porch at night, has seen what appeared to be shadows standing at the kitchen window. No one was at home at the time. There has been knocking sounds in the home and sounds of things falling that cannot be explained. I myself have felt the energy at times. I'm not afraid, but it does give me an strange feeling as if someone is there. We all have felt this and do believe the home is haunted. I also had an uncle who stayed there alot. He was an alcoholic. The last day before he left, he told mom he would see her the next day. He went to stay with her sister that night and apparently died of heart attack while there. Who haunts the house? I don't know, but I don't fear them. They would do no harm. However, I would like to know.
This house is my grandmothers house. I am 32 years old and I use to live with her when I was 17 till I was 21. I have witnessed water running in the middle of the night in the kitchen and what seemed to be lightening slowly bolting across the bedroom ceiling. Strange feelings of being watched and the worse and most horrifying nightmares imaginable while living in that house. My grandmother before she was ill would say that she could hear loud noises at night as if someone was knocking on the walls. She said that it sounded as if it were so loud and hard that it could knock the house down. I have never seen a ghost in that house but my niece who is 18 said she saw the ghost of a man staring at her one night. She was so scared that she ran to my mothers house long in the morning crying.
adreynolds1

United States

#23 Jan 31, 2008
I wrote in about my grandmothers house and I guess I put it in the wrong spot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adios Mancini's 6 min Dick Guzinya 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 9 min Captain Awesome 4,167
News Huntington Has Code Enforcer for Contractors 13 min Masterblaster 21
My Big Fat Bald Headed Friend 22 min Tracks 1
America Held Hostage Day 185 33 min Earl 33
No more shortcuts through my backyard 1 hr Really 28
Open letter to Jimmy Hysell 2 hr Really 23

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance