somebody tell me who will take my kids going nuts

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
widowed man wits end

Barboursville, WV

#1 May 6, 2014
I know I'm a worthless piece of garbage. I just can't take raising them alone no more. Their Mother just passed 3 months ago and I can't hold it together anymore. Are there any good government offices I can go to and turn them over to the state or something? Got no family or friends that I'd trust to ask for help. I just want to bail. 8 10 12 and 15 are their ages. The younger ones is the one I worry about. My older ones will be OK I think. I'm open to advice. I just need a break before I lose my mind.
interested

Huntington, WV

#2 May 6, 2014
widowed man wits end wrote:
I know I'm a worthless piece of garbage. I just can't take raising them alone no more. Their Mother just passed 3 months ago and I can't hold it together anymore. Are there any good government offices I can go to and turn them over to the state or something? Got no family or friends that I'd trust to ask for help. I just want to bail. 8 10 12 and 15 are their ages. The younger ones is the one I worry about. My older ones will be OK I think. I'm open to advice. I just need a break before I lose my mind.
Call Cps...I believe they have foster parents that give respite care to those in need. Under your circumstances I'm sure you would qualify. Best of luck to you. It sounds like you need time to grieve and put yourself back together. A death of a loved one is very hard. I can't imagine what you must be feeling and going through.
badkins

United States

#3 May 6, 2014
you want to turn your kids over to the same bureaucracy that gave us the VA and DMV??

I'd recommend letting them live with friend of the family or something. Not really an adoption on paper or anything. Just allow them to claim the kids on taxes and what not. Legally they are still yours, so your responsibility, but they will be raised by another family. We did that with a family friend of ours. He went to private school with us and everything. Played sports with us. I consider him a brother. Doing this you can make sure you can send these kids to homes that are going to care for them the right way. You never know what kids will get exposed to in foster homes.

I'm not sure what we did was legal, but it was like, boarding school or something. LIke the dude came and lived with us, ate with us, we bought him school clothes, he went to church with us, but we weren't legal guardians.
observer

Murrysville, PA

#4 May 7, 2014
sounds like brats and crappy parents. u on welfare and food stamps like everyone else with a truckload of children?
foster care mom

New York, NY

#5 May 7, 2014
Hey. I am here to help. I will take in your kids for the lowest cost per child in the area. Really, I am cheaper than anyone else around here. If you can set up an email account, post your info and I will send you all the details. I sure could use the extra money right now and it would give you and your kids a break from each other. Hit me up if I can help.
wow

United States

#6 May 7, 2014
I know things are rough but those children need you. I wouldn't give them away on paper ever!!! if your in cabell county call Phyllis Apple she will lead you to the right direction. And they have respite care for situations like yours. And I couldn't imagine what your going through or your babies. Hopefully, you get the help you need.
widowed man wits end

Barboursville, WV

#7 May 7, 2014
wow wrote:
I know things are rough but those children need you. I wouldn't give them away on paper ever!!! if your in cabell county call Phyllis Apple she will lead you to the right direction. And they have respite care for situations like yours. And I couldn't imagine what your going through or your babies. Hopefully, you get the help you need.
Thanks. Who is Mrs. Apple? Is there a certain department or agency? I feel slightly more optimistic today, but I still feel overwhelmed. Just need a break for a couple of days I think.
oh wow

Proctorville, OH

#8 May 7, 2014
you just need a vacay, please don't leave your kids you will regret it, get yourself into church and the kids.. and too if you dont have family members or friends you trust why would you throw them into hands of strangers? God help you and what you are going through, I would hate for you to give your kids up think long and hard on this because once you "give them away" there may be no taking back I know its probably hard right now but your kids will hate you forever if you go through with this the kids didnt ask to be brought into this world and now you dont have their mother you want to just throw them away, that is a part of your wife that will carry on forever, you need to stick this out go to counseling with your children prayers for you and your kids
p.s. I pray your kids doesn't know what you are thinking about doing
clairvoyant

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 May 7, 2014
see your future. You are psycho. you need like a logical help. I agree with you. You are a piece of garbage. Shaking my head.
1 post removed
Erma and max

Lavalette, WV

#11 May 7, 2014
observer wrote:
sounds like brats and crappy parents. u on welfare and food stamps like everyone else with a truckload of children?
lol
interested

United States

#12 May 7, 2014
interested wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about kicking someone when their down. Remember clairvoyant karma can be brutal when need be. Just something to think about.
Typo they're not their omg I hate when people do that.. Sorry grammar peeps
sheesh

Summersville, WV

#13 May 7, 2014
Whats a grammar peep?? You are stupid I believe.
interested

Huntington, WV

#14 May 7, 2014
sheesh wrote:
Whats a grammar peep?? You are stupid I believe.
Believe as you wish.... What I mean by saying grammar peeps is people that knows the difference between there their and they're... Get it now sheesh?
Man peeps be all cynical round here in Huntington.
smh

Huntington, WV

#15 May 7, 2014
You sound like some lazy divorced (oh I mean widowed) parents I know. Only want the children when they get older because you can't handle them at a younger age but yet I bet you criticize those who will take care of them at a young age. You know who you are.
smh2

United States

#16 May 7, 2014
smh wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like some lazy divorced (oh I mean widowed) parents I know. Only want the children when they get older because you can't handle them at a younger age but yet I bet you criticize those who will take care of them at a young age. You know who you are.
......Not many people would actually ask for help so, quit criticizing and let's give information to this man. I'm sure he means well we aren't in his shoes and I'd have to say, I'd never want to lose my children's father for anything in this world. Couldn't imagine what he's going through let alone the children. If I were him I'd want a few days or even a week to grieve. I truly hope they all get the help they deserve.
widowed man wits end

Barboursville, WV

#17 May 8, 2014
Thank you for your input, especially those who were kind enough to offer me real advice. I put an ad on craigslist and found someone in Guyandotte who will let my children stay with them free for a few days, just long enough for me to pull myself together. I did not know what else I could do and it was like a light went off in my head and told me to tun to Craigslist. It worked. I had a few offers within 24 hours. This is not a long term thing if I decide to do it at all. I have told myself that it is not really any different than finding a babysitter. I know in my heart that this will be good for myself. It is just for a few days if I decide to allow my children to stay with them. My children love dogs and the person has a few dogs. Things are looking up for sure.
gary

Minford, OH

#18 May 8, 2014
Thank you for your input, especially those who were kind enough to offer me real advice. I put an ad on craigslist and found someone in Guyandotte who will let my children stay with them free for a few days, just long enough for me to pull myself together. I did not know what else I could do and it was like a light went off in my head and told me to tun to Craigslist. It worked. I had a few offers within 24 hours. This is not a long term thing if I decide to do it at all. I have told myself that it is not really any different than finding a babysitter. I know in my heart that this will be good for myself. It is just for a few days if I decide to allow my children to stay with them. My children love dogs and the person has a few dogs. Things are looking up for sure.
as long as you know there safe, while your recouping? it wont do you any good if your worried about them durning that time off. i know things can get overwhelming sometimes. good luck.
oh wow

Proctorville, OH

#19 May 8, 2014
I pray this works out for you and your kids, Please becareful of those who answer to reply's like yours, meet this person yourself first 2 or 3 times find out all you can about them, have them to give you reference's we never know what lies beneath, anyone can tell you anything over the internet, I just wouldn't want anything bad to happen to your children wishing you lots of good luck, prayers to you and your kids
yep

Belle, WV

#20 May 8, 2014
I have a hard time believing this post, I'm sure this is another troll. BUT if it is real you're a terrible parent. DO NOT EVER take your children to some freak from Craigslist. Good Lord. Come on dude. You want them to be murdered? Apparently you don't care. If it's really THAT hard for you to man up and take care of the kids you made then contact the state and they can be put with a foster family.
1 post removed
ignorant

Lavalette, WV

#22 May 8, 2014
I put an ad on craigslist and found someone in Guyandotte who will let my children stay with them free for a few days, just long enough for me to pull myself together. I did not know what else I could do and it was like a light went off in my head and told me to tun to Craigslist.
You are crazy!?! What are you thinking? CRAIGSLIST??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened to Anthony Caudill 11 min abcde 30
off the shoulder 20 min Well 2
guy named aaron at woodlands 57 min Curious 5
Best Daycare in Huntington 1 hr Mr_Awesome 15
Hello my name is zapphod chump 1 hr -zapphod- 2
Amy sleeps with all the taxi drivers 1 hr Mike 7
Topix Censorship 1 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 86
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE