Get a life

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Do you honestly think anyone cares what you do or don't know? Honestly get a life and find something else to obsess about. You are pathetic. Truly pathetic. And border line creepy and stalker like at that. And none of this is even relevant to HHS wrestling - since - as you insist on pointing out - he is no longer on the team.
Concerned Wrestling Fan

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

I follow these programs throughout the season, and though I am not a parent yet I must say, if the comments in this thread are any indication of the type of lack in parental guidance and support that is coming from Cabell Midland High School, my child will NEVER be allowed to wrestle at that school. Whether I live in Ona or not, if he makes the decision to go somewhere else, I won't call him a "transfer," I will see him as an informed individual of the corruption at other schools among the parents. When he decides to go to college, I won't call him a "transfer," because he chose for example, Ohio State over WVU. I will understand that he made his decision based on which school has the most upcoming and productive wrestling program. I truly hope for your sakes that your children do not see these posts. I would be appalled if my parent decided to degrade high school wrestling children from other schools that I competed against.
You have one shot to set a standard for your children on the proper way to behave and react in society. Please set a better example than this post.
Rockytoppyio

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

I don't know anything about wrestling nor do I care but I've met jarred Simpkins and "JIM" obviously has not. Sure he's wild and he gets in trouble but damn people he's not out there killing babies! He's just being young and partying. Give the guy a break. I've met him once and could tell within 5 minutes that he's the kinda guy you'd wanna have by your side when shit got tough. No matter what the sistuation. People like that are few and hard to come by now a days. Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in because I respect the man.
Rassler

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Rockytoppyio wrote:
I don't know anything about wrestling nor do I care but I've met jarred Simpkins and "JIM" obviously has not. Sure he's wild and he gets in trouble but damn people he's not out there killing babies! He's just being young and partying. Give the guy a break. I've met him once and could tell within 5 minutes that he's the kinda guy you'd wanna have by your side when shit got tough. No matter what the sistuation. People like that are few and hard to come by now a days. Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in because I respect the man.
Yeah DUI and drunk in school is cool!
And taking minors down with you is great too!
What a feller ! Me thinks you have been watching too many Rambo movies.
WRSTLRGFAN

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I heard he smoked before school and then they smelled it on him at school not that he was drunk. He may be bad but he's still so yummy :)
Oldfriend

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Haha who cares this is alllll blougnia and should be deleted. Jarred is chill AF and I doubt what you guys say would even phase him. At least you have enough common sense to do it under a fake name and across the Internet rather then to his face. I'd pay money to see you grow balls that big.
Bag pincher

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I can pull my sac and stretch it out a little if the price is right, lol. I mean, I've only ever done it when I'm alone, but as long as you stand far back, I'm willing to show how my balls can grow. You still willing big guy?
Jim

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Oldfriend wrote:
Haha who cares this is alllll blougnia and should be deleted. Jarred is chill AF and I doubt what you guys say would even phase him. At least you have enough common sense to do it under a fake name and across the Internet rather then to his face. I'd pay money to see you grow balls that big.
Yeah he is a baaaaad man!! All 125 lbs of him.. Haaaahaaaaaa
You have got to b kidding.
Former Grappler

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I think this thread has went off the rails. I have been watching the comments posted on here from day to day.

The fact is...Huntington High has established itself as one of the top programs over the last few years. If kids want to transfer into that program (for better training, etc.), then that is a decision made by themselves and their families.

People in the workforce leave their employers for better opportunities elsewhere. It happens everyday.

If a high school athletic program doesn't want their kids to transfer to another school, then it should elevate it's own performances. Successful programs don't have a line of kids ready to leave.

Just my opinion.
a parent

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Former Grappler wrote:
I think this thread has went off the rails. I have been watching the comments posted on here from day to day.
The fact is...Huntington High has established itself as one of the top programs over the last few years. If kids want to transfer into that program (for better training, etc.), then that is a decision made by themselves and their families.
People in the workforce leave their employers for better opportunities elsewhere. It happens everyday.
If a high school athletic program doesn't want their kids to transfer to another school, then it should elevate it's own performances. Successful programs don't have a line of kids ready to leave.
Just my opinion.
I totally agree. These kids transferred to HHS because the program is the best around. I believe they are hoping to get a scholarship. This would be the best way to do it.
Jim

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I can't argue with the gist of the last few posts. But I take exception with the "system" that allows kids to change schools so easily.
The Ripley kid that got tossed earlier this month is an example of transferring for the wrong reasons. In my opinion ,Ripley should keep their problem kids in Ripley rather than turning them lose in our schools to negatively influence our kids in Cabell County. Archer should have done everything in his power to keep him away from his team.,As he was a proven liability. Instead the perception is that he wanted to load up on kids so as to win a title... That's the perception... I could b wrong.

The kid from Point who transferred to St Paris several years ago only to screw up and get booted is another example. Plus , he was allowed to come back to Point and eventually one a AA title that year! Thus knocking a kid that had not run afoul of the law out of a title. Will Simpkins return to the Ripley team this year? Wouldn't surprise me!
Former Grappler

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

a parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. These kids transferred to HHS because the program is the best around. I believe they are hoping to get a scholarship. This would be the best way to do it.
It is the best in the local area, FOR RIGHT NOW. That is what healthy competition is all about.
Former Grappler

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Jim wrote:
I can't argue with the gist of the last few posts. But I take exception with the "system" that allows kids to change schools so easily.
The Ripley kid that got tossed earlier this month is an example of transferring for the wrong reasons. In my opinion ,Ripley should keep their problem kids in Ripley rather than turning them lose in our schools to negatively influence our kids in Cabell County. Archer should have done everything in his power to keep him away from his team.,As he was a proven liability. Instead the perception is that he wanted to load up on kids so as to win a title... That's the perception... I could b wrong.
The kid from Point who transferred to St Paris several years ago only to screw up and get booted is another example. Plus , he was allowed to come back to Point and eventually one a AA title that year! Thus knocking a kid that had not run afoul of the law out of a title. Will Simpkins return to the Ripley team this year? Wouldn't surprise me!
I can appreciate your view, but I think that you're wrong. Let me explain:

You talk about the "system" being flawed for allowing students to transfer. That is very much a contested issue, and should be addressed at the WVSSAC level, not at the local school level. However, should a student athlete (who has a strong desire to excel), be bound to a mediocre athletic program, just because of where he/she lives? Perhaps that program does not have the same aspirations as the indivual athlete. It's no different from the academic side where kids across the country (except in WV and a few other states) have the option to go to charter schools in lieu of their public alternative. These kids that go to charter schools do so for better academic opportunities / programs.

Secondly, I don't think that the small handful of transfer student athletes (some of which may be "bad apples") are the lone source of negative influence for Cabell County students. I've known both Coach Archers for years, and I they have always wanted to maintain a high degree of character on their teams. I don't know what the situation is with the student that you mentioned, perhaps this reckless behavior was not known at the time he transferred. All we do know, is that the appropriate action (dismissal) was taken after the fact.

The Saint Paris Graham transfer that you mentioned SHOULD NOT have been allowed to compete in the WV state tournament (I agree with you on this one). However, that is an issue regarding two different jurisdictions (OHSAA and WVSSAC), and would probably never be resolved.
Hmmmm

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

So to clear things up if Allen and Grass went to were they were supposed to go to High School it wouldn't be Midland either. The only wrestler that Midland would get was Childers. HHS doesn't recruit these children. They decide to wrestle for the best school in the area. The one that will open doors for them to go to a great college. Now I know that Midland has gotten a new coach and I hope he turns the program around. Because in the past Midland has had wrestlers quit because of the program. To be the best you must wrestle the best. And Archer makes sure these kids get that chance. How may tournaments do others schools travel to during the season and off season that has Nationally ranked kids? The kids work hard and deserve everything that they get. The sacrifice!!
a parent

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Hmmmm wrote:
So to clear things up if Allen and Grass went to were they were supposed to go to High School it wouldn't be Midland either. The only wrestler that Midland would get was Childers. HHS doesn't recruit these children. They decide to wrestle for the best school in the area. The one that will open doors for them to go to a great college. Now I know that Midland has gotten a new coach and I hope he turns the program around. Because in the past Midland has had wrestlers quit because of the program. To be the best you must wrestle the best. And Archer makes sure these kids get that chance. How may tournaments do others schools travel to during the season and off season that has Nationally ranked kids? The kids work hard and deserve everything that they get. The sacrifice!!
Exactly
FAN

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I hope he does go back to ripley and they win the team title. That would be a great contrevorsie!
Archer disciple

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Coach Archer is the best. I would run through a wall for him. I love to drink Kool-Aid
mom

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Former Grappler wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the best in the local area, FOR RIGHT NOW. That is what healthy competition is all about.
So these kids should just stay in high school and wait until their home schools offer a good program? Uh no. They have to act now and take advantage of what opportunity they can. Its hard to get a scholarship and accepted to a good wrestling school
Former Grappler

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

mom wrote:
<quoted text>
So these kids should just stay in high school and wait until their home schools offer a good program? Uh no. They have to act now and take advantage of what opportunity they can. Its hard to get a scholarship and accepted to a good wrestling school
I believe you missed my point. I was stating that HHS is the best local program FOR RIGHT NOW. So, it's natural for kids to want to transfer to that program. If other programs in the area don't want to lose their kids, then each respective program should step up it's game. That is what healthy competition is all about.
scot

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Dont know if you all from Midland complaining know that one of Midlands best wrestler ever Jason Ward was from South Point. I know because I wrestled with him. Why did his parents decide to move? Because Midland had the best program at the time. In fact we almost got the Easter brothers too. Kids and their parents who want the best for their kids will go where they have the best opportunity. And for you South river rats that are complaining you cant tell me that some of the kids who ended up in your program shouldnt have went to the castle instead. It has been happening for years and it will continue to happen but it seems the ones who complain about it are always on the losing side. Ask yourselves if Arthur or Haught would have been the ones transferring to your school would be on here complaining.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
East end thief's (Nov '13) 2 min To Jaimie 1,458
who likes brown showers? (Feb '12) 4 min west end man 16
"Fresh" aka Darnell Wise, the wannabe thug thie... 8 min 304 3
New business hiring 9 min hsk 2
sandra bias 10 min jay 5
Lets Play One Word (Mar '11) 11 min landon 4,313
new words or slang 12 min landon 7
who got shot by hpd last night? 40 min OhMy 194
Doctors behaving badly!!!!! 43 min George 38