First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Midland Mom

Huntington, WV

#1 Jan 20, 2013
I am a new mom to the sport but have a dumb question:

Why does everyone think Huntington wrestling is so good? Sure they have a few champions in the past, but, for instance, they won the WSAZ tourney by a landslide. HOWEVER, that also had twice as many wrestlers than other teams entered, all contributing to the team score.

Overrated.
Answer

South Point, OH

#2 Jan 20, 2013
People think they are the best because....THEY ARE!
panhandler

United States

#3 Jan 21, 2013
Midland mom. You feel good about trying to cut down kids? Any indivisual or team that's having success in the sport of wrestling earns every bit of it. If you wanna critic something critic your son performance! I'm sure that would probably keep you busy enough. And I'm not in anyway affliated with huntington. But as a former wrestler I know what these kids put themselves though to be competitive. None deserve to be criticed from someone that has never laced a wrestling shoe!
1 post removed
Jim

Alexandria, VA

#5 Jan 21, 2013
They may very well win the Championship this year, but without their kids that have transferred in they would not. Take away their 106, 113 and 120 then they are very average... And all three of these kids should be wrestling for different schools but transferred to Huntington.

Oh wait ,I forgot that the kid from Ripley at 120 got suspended ......again! For "hitting the bottle"... Classy.
rickflair

Alexandria, VA

#6 Jan 21, 2013
Midland Mom wrote:
I am a new mom to the sport but have a dumb question:
Why does everyone think Huntington wrestling is so good? Sure they have a few champions in the past, but, for instance, they won the WSAZ tourney by a landslide. HOWEVER, that also had twice as many wrestlers than other teams entered, all contributing to the team score.
Overrated.
I think Midland Mom's are overrated!
HHS has the hottest Mom's!
To be the man, you have to beat the man!
WHOOOOO!
yes

Alexandria, VA

#7 Jan 21, 2013
No bull shit Huntington high school has the best wrestling program around coach archer is good his dad trained kin for the Olympics no shit
pony express

Alexandria, VA

#8 Jan 21, 2013
In response to this Topix issue, my son wrestles for hhs and those boys work their butts off to be ranked number 1 in the state and yes they have a lot of wrestlers for this area, but not the biggest parkersburg will be bigger because of their middle schools. And to the issue of transfers into wrestle that was the parents choice and for any midland person to say anything look at your football team and the kids that transfered into play.
former wrestler

Bellevue, WA

#9 Jan 21, 2013
Midland Mom wrote:
I am a new mom to the sport but have a dumb question:
Why does everyone think Huntington wrestling is so good? Sure they have a few champions in the past, but, for instance, they won the WSAZ tourney by a landslide. HOWEVER, that also had twice as many wrestlers than other teams entered, all contributing to the team score.
Overrated.
They team scoring only applies to the first team, one wrestler from each weight class on the team. The whole teams individual points dont make the team score.
wrestling dad

Huntington, WV

#10 Jan 21, 2013
My son wrestles for HHS. Those boys work their butts off and so do their coaches. The fact that HHS has a good turnout for the program shows what a good job coach Archer does.
Rassler

Alexandria, VA

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Would they be ranked 1 without the transfers from Midland? The answer is NO!
South wins without coercing kids from other schools!
wrestling dad

Huntington, WV

#12 Jan 21, 2013
Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with the definition of "coercing". If CMHS wrestlers transfer to be part of a better wrestling program, that is their decision.
1 post removed
blunt

Roanoke, VA

#14 Jan 21, 2013
Its funny how hhs wrestled with cmhs an they still was able to compete in the wsaz an hhs is not the best PSouth is the best always have been

“Im not who you think I am”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 21, 2013
Rassler wrote:
Would they be ranked 1 without the transfers from Midland? The answer is NO!
South wins without coercing kids from other schools!
pretty interesting quote considering that the running back that transferred to CMHS from WINFIELD this past football season, well his sister is still at WINFIELD playing basketball, oh, dont guess shes as good of a college prospect as her brother !
Rasslin fan

Richmond, VA

#16 Jan 21, 2013
Midlands football transfer moved with his dad to the Ona area. The difference between him and HHS transfers are that these kids still live in Culloden, Hurricane, and Barboursville.

With that said, if archer is still at HHS in 8-9 years, I will take mine there too. HHS travels to nationally recognized tourneys to get kids exposure for better chances of wrestling at the collegiate level.

Now somebody said HHS would not be #1 without Allen, Grass, Simpkins and Childers and they are right. If the first 3 were at midland where their suppose to be, then PS would be 1 and Midland 2 with HHS at 3. HHS would get wins from Cabell, Waldeck, Arthur and Kitts in a dual against Midland and PS and that's it.
Jim

Alexandria, VA

#17 Jan 21, 2013
Rasslin fan wrote:
Midlands football transfer moved with his dad to the Ona area. The difference between him and HHS transfers are that these kids still live in Culloden, Hurricane, and Barboursville.
With that said, if archer is still at HHS in 8-9 years, I will take mine there too. HHS travels to nationally recognized tourneys to get kids exposure for better chances of wrestling at the collegiate level.
Now somebody said HHS would not be #1 without Allen, Grass, Simpkins and Childers and they are right. If the first 3 were at midland where their suppose to be, then PS would be 1 and Midland 2 with HHS at 3. HHS would get wins from Cabell, Waldeck, Arthur and Kitts in a dual against Midland and PS and that's it.
Your last paragraph was spot on.
Transfer

Huntington, WV

#18 Jan 21, 2013
Football transfer moved to Ona because he had to in order to be eligible. The wrestling transfers did so in their freshmen year so they did not have to move. Sometimes facts get in the way of logic when dealing with Midland.
pony express

Alexandria, VA

#19 Jan 21, 2013
You all do know that when hhs wrestled CMHS that all their kids were wrestling a weight class up right. If they would haved wrestled their opponent in their weight class It wouldnt have been close at all. And the whole parkersburg south issue will be settled this month because hhs host pshs.
Jim

Alexandria, VA

#20 Jan 21, 2013
pony express wrote:
You all do know that when hhs wrestled CMHS that all their kids were wrestling a weight class up right. If they would haved wrestled their opponent in their weight class It wouldnt have been close at all. And the whole parkersburg south issue will be settled this month because hhs host pshs.
It will prove nothing. My point is that HHS may win the dual and are a favorite to win a State title( finally)... But they wouldn't even come close to South without Allen, Grass, Childers, Simpkins( oh wait he is gone). They had to resort to recruiting kids to win. And ... That match ain't this month genius ... It's Feb 7th.
HHS Dads

Barberton, OH

#21 Jan 21, 2013
LOL THIS IS SO FUNNY YOU PEOPLE NEED A LIFE...
HHS Parent

Saint Albans, WV

#22 Jan 21, 2013
As the parent of one of the so called HHS transfers - let me set the record straight so you can all get your facts straight - my son was not recruited to wrestle anywhere. As a parent/coach, we made the decision to put our son in a school that afforded him the best opportunity to pursue both academics and athletics. We did not make this decision lightly and we made it on our own with zero input from the coaches of either high school program - at no point were we encouraged or "recruited" to move our son to Huntington. It was a legal transfer and the fact that Midland mom, South Fans or anyone else is so very interested in legitimate transfers to a competing school is quite pathetic to me. To criticize and attempt to belittle an entire team on the basis of three legal "transfers" is a weak attempt at jealousy and undermines the hard work and dedication that this whole program and each wrestler embodies. With or without Allen, Grass and Childers - the program is an excellent example of dedication, hard work, and perserverance - if your own program doesn't set that same example - perhaps you should start looking there instead of criticizing ours. Or maybe it is just easier for you to point fingers and make excuses...tearing down a competing program when your own isn't measuring up is never a good formula for sucess -hope that works out for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
[Serious] Basic information about AA meetings i... 32 min Asking For Friend 15
Chay Bailey 1 hr Smh 27
Best church in Huntington 1 hr Observer 24
Topix Censorship 1 hr -zaphod- 79
Google HPVCausesCancer 2 hr WATCHDOG 83
smmc cervical cancer screening 2 hr Mother of Tweenager 24
Married People Only Have You Cheated And Why (Nov '11) 3 hr Married guy 190
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]