Why doesnt WV invest in winter olympi...

Why doesnt WV invest in winter olympic facilities

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#1 Feb 15, 2014
With the numerous ski slopes throughout the state wouldnt it be feasible for the state to invest in various training facilities for west virginians and neighboring states.I know for a fact some high schools actually have ski clubs where they charter buses to take them skiing a couple times a month.But the state could actually make some returns on their investments in this venture especially by holding trials for olympic competition..And being the little switzerland of the united states perhaps we could even see some of our WV natives making it to the olympic trials or even qualifying for the games themselves.And who knows, with nice facilities and beautiful scenery perhaps we could even make a bid for hosting the games some day. Any thoughts on this?
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#2 Feb 15, 2014
And the perfect man for this endeavor? Gene Justice right up there in Greenbriar Co.where the slopes are.
django

Huntington, WV

#3 Feb 15, 2014
I was thinking this same thing just the other day.
Arnold

Huntington, WV

#4 Feb 15, 2014
THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
And the perfect man for this endeavor? Gene Justice right up there in Greenbriar Co.where the slopes are.
The name is Jim Justice & he's at least 2hrs away from Snowshoe, 3hrs to Canaan. The closest would be bout 1hr to Winterplace. Jim is more focused on bringing golf & music to the state.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#5 Feb 15, 2014
Arnold wrote:
<quoted text>
The name is Jim Justice & he's at least 2hrs away from Snowshoe, 3hrs to Canaan. The closest would be bout 1hr to Winterplace. Jim is more focused on bringing golf & music to the state.
Oh well, hes closer then i am and hes got a helluva lot more money.And perhaps its just not been brought to his attention yet re: the idea.
Arnold

Huntington, WV

#6 Feb 15, 2014
<quoted text>Oh well, hes closer then i am and hes got a helluva lot more money.And perhaps its just not been brought to his attention yet re: the idea.
It might be a good idea if you sent him a letter or email. I'd say he probably doesn't read Topix.
1 post removed
gary

Minford, OH

#8 Feb 16, 2014
what would you do about water? its worse than russias
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#9 Feb 16, 2014
Arnold wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be a good idea if you sent him a letter or email. I'd say he probably doesn't read Topix.
Perhaps someone who does will mention it to him especially since i posted it in greenbriar co as well as Lewisburg Got all bases covered dude.Even went back and corrected the name thanks to you.LOL
Black Curse

New York, NY

#10 Feb 16, 2014
They need to have meth head olympics. That would be great. Set up 40' ladders and have the meth heads climb to the top and see who falls off first.

They could also play "Tazer Tag"....with police tazers.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#11 Feb 16, 2014
Black Curse wrote:
They need to have meth head olympics. That would be great. Set up 40' ladders and have the meth heads climb to the top and see who falls off first.
They could also play "Tazer Tag"....with police tazers.
LOL But these training facilities could be used to train athletes from VA,MD,DC,PA,MASS,CT,as well as eastern WV where the more experienced skiiers from our state reside.

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Front Royal, VA

#12 Feb 16, 2014
With the numerous ski slopes throughout the state wouldnt it be feasible for the state to invest in various training facilities for west virginians and neighboring states.I know for a fact some high schools actually have ski clubs where they charter buses to take them skiing a couple times a month.But the state could actually make some returns on their investments in this venture especially by holding trials for olympic competition..And being the little switzerland of the united states perhaps we could even see some of our WV natives making it to the olympic trials or even qualifying for the games themselves.And who knows, with nice facilities and beautiful scenery perhaps we could even make a bid for hosting the games some day. Any thoughts on this?
Its a good suggestion. Problem is the handful of chicken-sheet a-holes who run this state like the 70's "Walking Tall" movie, fear change, cant handle change, don't want change. They have their money-making mechanisms in place and don't want any one screwing with it or any outside attention drawn to it. With the population of the USA exploding, WV continues to lose residents.

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Front Royal, VA

#13 Feb 16, 2014
It's a good suggestion. Problem is, the handful of chicken-sheet a-holes who run this state like the 70's "Walking Tall" movie, fear change, cant handle change, don't want change. They have their money-making mechanisms in place and don't want any one screwing with it or any outside attention drawn to it. With the population of the USA exploding, WV continues to lose residents.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#14 Feb 16, 2014
I think you're overestimating the size and quality of the ski locations. Especially the guy talking about winterplace.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#15 Feb 16, 2014
nohalgerg wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a good suggestion. Problem is, the handful of chicken-sheet a-holes who run this state like the 70's "Walking Tall" movie, fear change, cant handle change, don't want change. They have their money-making mechanisms in place and don't want any one screwing with it or any outside attention drawn to it. With the population of the USA exploding, WV continues to lose residents.
Your probably right.
2 posts removed

Since: May 14

Maxton, NC

#18 May 3, 2014
funds darling funds West Virginia is one of the poorest states in the United Stateswhy do you think people leave and live elsewhere to be honest with you I wish I never moved to Florida because I loved West Virginia its beautiful but there's no money to be made there but My ken folk are still there and I visit a lot

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#19 May 3, 2014
Some events could but most of the downhill probably arnt long enough due to the small mountains here.
Olympic Otto

Hurricane, WV

#20 May 3, 2014
Are you assuming there would be some sort of payback for the enormous expenditures necessary?
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#21 May 3, 2014
Olympic Otto wrote:
Are you assuming there would be some sort of payback for the enormous expenditures necessary?
It could always be used as something like a winter amusement park in the span between games.Also an indoor swimming park could be built there so as to keep our residents from having to travel out of state.and bring neighboring state residents including D.C. residents here.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#22 May 3, 2014
<quoted text>It could always be used as something like a winter amusement park in the span between games.Also an indoor swimming park could be built there so as to keep our residents from having to travel out of state.and bring neighboring state residents including D.C. residents here.
Completely clueless
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#23 May 3, 2014
-zaphod- wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely clueless
You gonna start whining again? But then again you've never stopped sour twat.LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Main Emporium 1 hr yahoo 6
Mark j is my idol 2 hr liar Mark 5
Negros for Trump 2 hr Black and Proud 1
Republican Convention, fail! 3 hr Giggly Bits 181
Democratic National Committee fail 3 hr Dr Oz 48
Dem Covention 3 hr Giggly Bits 3
If Robin Lee Nolan Bothers you 3 hr Eye Spy 5

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance