Spleens_lost_son

Chesapeake, OH

#113 Mar 18, 2013
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
The lack of concern for human rights by so called 'liberals' or 'progressives' is disturbing to me. What is so horrifying about citizens having the ability to defend themselves? For a group that is generally very pro-womens rights, they feel okay disarming women, which puts them at a definite disadvantage against an aggressive man? What about the elderly? Handi-capped?(sorry, I'm sure that is spelled horribly but the correct spelling escapes me at the moment.)
You know what guns do? What they really do? They put the 78 year old disabled veteran, the 23 year old college frat girl, and the 36 year old mom of 2 in equal standing with the 25 year old thug who intends them harm. For a group who wants equallity among everyone, they sure don't want people equal when it comes to defense.
'God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal'
Theres truth in that saying folks.
Please provide a link that shows they are trying to disarm these folks you mention. Thanks.
Get Real

Richmond, KY

#114 Mar 18, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron
What have you ever done to protect your rights? Own a gun? Wow, what a hero.
You're delusional.
Moron is getting way to old. Get some new material!
What else do I need to do? Isn't me owning guns chapping your ass pretty good and making your debate useless?
Get Real

Richmond, KY

#115 Mar 19, 2013
There will be no assault weapons or high capacity magazines bans in the senate bill! YOU LOSE ZAPHOD!

What does your loud ignorant mouth have to say now?
Wow

Huntington, WV

#116 Mar 19, 2013
Nobody expected it to pass the Senate. This isn't some great victory but simply things going exactly as expected.

Considering how conversant you have been on the issue you must have known is was expectd to go this way, right?

Close the background check loopholes and at least we will have made a start, as a people, down the road of trying to do something about gun violence in America.
Get Real

Richmond, KY

#117 Mar 19, 2013
Wow wrote:
Nobody expected it to pass the Senate. This isn't some great victory but simply things going exactly as expected.
Considering how conversant you have been on the issue you must have known is was expectd to go this way, right?
Close the background check loopholes and at least we will have made a start, as a people, down the road of trying to do something about gun violence in America.
This I agree with. I don't see any way of stopping individual firearm sales but, it's a step in a more sensible direction.
Flappin Rabbit

United States

#118 Mar 19, 2013
Zap bod carries anal lube
Charlie Foxtrot

Evans City, PA

#119 Mar 21, 2013
Its common knowledge they are trying to disarm ALL people. Look at the bills recently passed in New York and Colorado, at the request for all intents and purposes, of the White House. Take New Yorks 7 round limit for instance, name a non-compact or sub-compact handgun that isn't a revolver that holds only 7 rounds. While some 1911's hold only 7 they are so expensive that they are essentially out of most peoples budgets. Then take the new Background Check tax they want to implement, yet another way to price things out of the average persons ability.

Its a war of attrition, if they can't take it out right they'll make it so hard to gain, they won't have to worry about it. They already have the vast majority of college campuses as gun-free zones, and just in the past few months how many attacks on young women have there been? It's because the criminal knows the worst he's gonna get is pepper sprayed which what most people buy ain't all that potent.

The last thing the government wants is for you and your community to be able to defend yourselves. If they wanted to keep you safe, they'd stop funding terrorists and start offering self-defense workshops focusing on concealed carry and home defense.
Zaphod

Chesapeake, OH

#120 Mar 21, 2013
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
Its common knowledge they are trying to disarm ALL people. Look at the bills recently passed in New York and Colorado, at the request for all intents and purposes, of the White House. Take New Yorks 7 round limit for instance, name a non-compact or sub-compact handgun that isn't a revolver that holds only 7 rounds. While some 1911's hold only 7 they are so expensive that they are essentially out of most peoples budgets. Then take the new Background Check tax they want to implement, yet another way to price things out of the average persons ability.

Its a war of attrition, if they can't take it out right they'll make it so hard to gain, they won't have to worry about it. They already have the vast majority of college campuses as gun-free zones, and just in the past few months how many attacks on young women have there been? It's because the criminal knows the worst he's gonna get is pepper sprayed which what most people buy ain't all that potent.

The last thing the government wants is for you and your community to be able to defend yourselves. If they wanted to keep you safe, they'd stop funding terrorists and start offering self-defense workshops focusing on concealed carry and home defense.
Nonsense.
Popper

Claremore, OK

#121 Mar 21, 2013
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:

They want defenseless slaves
Wow

Huntington, WV

#122 Mar 22, 2013
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
Yes, of course. The "government" wants all communities to be unsafe and defenseless. I suppose that's why they put so much money, and continue to do so, into safety and security post-911. If you are a New Yorker it likely has occured to you that you could go ahead and just load 7 cartridges in the clip. After all that should be all anyone needs in a typical situation that requires them to pull a gun. If you can't you probably need more time on the range.

I appreciate your service but it appears you have some lingering paranoia issues. I think the VA will help you for free.
Zaphod

Chesapeake, OH

#123 Mar 22, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, of course. The "government" wants all communities to be unsafe and defenseless. I suppose that's why they put so much money, and continue to do so, into safety and security post-911. If you are a New Yorker it likely has occured to you that you could go ahead and just load 7 cartridges in the clip. After all that should be all anyone needs in a typical situation that requires them to pull a gun. If you can't you probably need more time on the range.

I appreciate your service but it appears you have some lingering paranoia issues. I think the VA will help you for free.
Good point. Except you're probably telling it to someone who thinks our government set up the 9/11 attack.

You can't fix crazy.
Charlie Foxtrot

Evans City, PA

#124 Mar 22, 2013
Two things:
Firstly I don't want any confusion, I never had the honor of serving in my countries armed forces. I don't want to take credit, nor anyone give credit to me for something so honorable, when I never did so.

Secondly, I do not believe in anyway shape or form that the US government planned 9/11. Never have.

Now that thats cleared up and explained, the government wants you totally reliant upon them for everything, that gives them the most power, and thats the goal of the current government, gain more power. By disarming people, it makes them totally reliant on government for protection. It also makes way for tyranny to grab ahold, because the primary defense against tyranical government, as designed by the founders, was the second amendment.

And truthfully who's place is it to say how many rounds you will need to stop an assailant? They can't predict every circumstance. There have been instances of drug addicts taking multiple MAGAZINES of ammo before they die. I'll try to find the article and post a link, however I believe I read that in a police magazine so I don't know if I will be able to find it.
Zaphod

Chesapeake, OH

#125 Mar 22, 2013
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
Two things:
Firstly I don't want any confusion, I never had the honor of serving in my countries armed forces. I don't want to take credit, nor anyone give credit to me for something so honorable, when I never did so.

Secondly, I do not believe in anyway shape or form that the US government planned 9/11. Never have.

Now that thats cleared up and explained, the government wants you totally reliant upon them for everything, that gives them the most power, and thats the goal of the current government, gain more power. By disarming people, it makes them totally reliant on government for protection. It also makes way for tyranny to grab ahold, because the primary defense against tyranical government, as designed by the founders, was the second amendment.

And truthfully who's place is it to say how many rounds you will need to stop an assailant? They can't predict every circumstance. There have been instances of drug addicts taking multiple MAGAZINES of ammo before they die. I'll try to find the article and post a link, however I believe I read that in a police magazine so I don't know if I will be able to find it.
The second amendment doesn't give you absolute rights to own any weapon you want. Only children and gun nuts think you should be able to have everything you want. Courts have consistently upheld the right of the government to regulate arms. Sorry it chaps your ass, but regulating things is what governments do.
Get Real

Pittsburgh, PA

#126 Mar 22, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>
The second amendment doesn't give you absolute rights to own any weapon you want. Only children and gun nuts think you should be able to have everything you want. Courts have consistently upheld the right of the government to regulate arms. Sorry it chaps your ass, but regulating things is what governments do.
Your ass is the one that should be chapped then, because there are plenty of people that own tanks and jets and helicopters. Are you aware of that? I can buy fighter jets from Russia right off the internet. Now is your ass chapped?
Get Real

Pittsburgh, PA

#127 Mar 22, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course. The "government" wants all communities to be unsafe and defenseless. I suppose that's why they put so much money, and continue to do so, into safety and security post-911. If you are a New Yorker it likely has occured to you that you could go ahead and just load 7 cartridges in the clip. After all that should be all anyone needs in a typical situation that requires them to pull a gun. If you can't you probably need more time on the range.
It's funny how you and Zaphod always seem to chime in on the same threads and agree with each other. Are you off your meds again?
Get Real

Pittsburgh, PA

#128 Mar 22, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way......My gun came with 30 round mags. That's what I'm gonna use. Get over it!
Zaphod

Chesapeake, OH

#129 Mar 22, 2013
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>Your ass is the one that should be chapped then, because there are plenty of people that own tanks and jets and helicopters. Are you aware of that? I can buy fighter jets from Russia right off the internet. Now is your ass chapped?
You could barely buy a value meal from McDonald's. I doubt anyone has to worry about you buying a fighter jet. What a joke.
Charlie Foxtrot

Evans City, PA

#130 Mar 22, 2013
I believe yiu are mistaken on what the Second Ammendment grants you. Read the writings of the founding fathers. They intended the people be as well armed as the military. That was supposed to be the Peoples insurance policy against oppression and tyranny. Power hungry gun grabbers have progressively chipped away our rights, a little at a time so the people wouldn't notice what they were doing. But people are noticing, and bringing attention to it. If you value any of your freedoms or rights, whether Constitutional or Natural, you had better support your right to arms, because without the ability to defend your rights, you have none.
Zaphod

Chesapeake, OH

#131 Mar 22, 2013
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
I believe yiu are mistaken on what the Second Ammendment grants you. Read the writings of the founding fathers. They intended the people be as well armed as the military. That was supposed to be the Peoples insurance policy against oppression and tyranny. Power hungry gun grabbers have progressively chipped away our rights, a little at a time so the people wouldn't notice what they were doing. But people are noticing, and bringing attention to it. If you value any of your freedoms or rights, whether Constitutional or Natural, you had better support your right to arms, because without the ability to defend your rights, you have none.
And I happen to think that's nonsense. I don't think you owning a gun protects your other rights in any way. Do you brandish your gun to give yourself the right to speak? Is it really necessary to be packing heat to worship as you like? Until recently (1970s) the 2nd amendment was looked at as the right of the militias to own arms not an individuals rights. In the 70s the NRA started pushing for the individual rights with lots of money behind lots of politicians, until finally getting their wish of a conservative court ruling in their favor in 2008 in the Heller case. The courts ruled the other way for the other 200 years and our rights were just fine. Types of guns and features have been regulated since the early 1900s. How in the world are we not all in FEMA camps being force fed soylent green right now?
Get Real

Pittsburgh, PA

#132 Mar 22, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>
You could barely buy a value meal from McDonald's. I doubt anyone has to worry about you buying a fighter jet. What a joke.
You wanna place bets that I pay more taxes than you make on that? How much? Fuck McDonalds. I'll buy you and your boyfriend red lobster if you make half of what I do in a year! I'm serious. You wanna back that mouth up for once? I'll bet a hundred that my net for 2 weeks is more than you make in a year and I'll show you my deposit slips!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Its not racism, we just want a clean community 3 min Frederick a 137
Huntington Little League baseball 10 min Grandparent 128
Lesage shooting 36 min MarkJ- 4
Trump is toast 50 min MarkJ- 42
Jumol Scott 57 min Kita 15
Victoria Dawn 1 hr VictoriaWellman30 5
for a black people 1 hr Frederick a 575
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages