Rt. 60 Music Store: A Story for all t...

Rt. 60 Music Store: A Story for all to consider before giving them your business

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Shannon

Harrisonburg, VA

#1 Feb 15, 2012
I started going to Rt. 60 Music Store a few months back and I really liked it. I had bought several things from there within the past few months, I'd spent around $700 dollars there in fact. The other day, I made an impulse buy there of a pair of bongo drums that once I got them home I realized I didn't have the space for them and that I couldn't keep the cats off them. Less than 18 hours after purchasing them, I took them back to the store. They informed me when I walked through the door that they didn't take returns, and that they only did exchanges. The employee I was talking to was telling me that I was going to have to get store credit when the owner, Mike I believe, jumped in to start lecturing me about my miscalculation, saying they didn't pressure me into buying and that I should have considered my space. I said it was a mistake and he said it wasn't his fault and went on with his lecture. This is when I stopped him and said "Sir, I understand, but at this point you are lecturing me like you are my father." This pissed him off. He started ranting about it being an old joke and getting increasingly rude. I pointed out again that he was being very rude. This again fueled his fire and made him ruder. At this point I told him that the money hadn't even been taken from my account yet and that now that he had been so rude I wasn't interested in store credit. He walked away to talk to his co-owner. His employee took this opportunity to apologize to me not once,but three times, it was that bad. He then came back to the register and continued to lecture me about how he was a nice guy and how I was a difficult person but he would forgive me for being so arrogant and mean spirited because that is what Jesus would do. I told him that I was going to tell people about this and that I hoped he got the transaction completed because if he gave me store credit I'd stand out front and sell it, telling people about how bad the service was. He said "Aren't you sweet" in the nastiness tone he could muster. This is the time when my friend cussed at him. He said "Oh she's cussing now" and stood up like he was going to man-handle my skinny 21 year old female friend. His co-owner walked over and started giving me the same speech over again and I said I didn't need him to repeat what he had already said. Then as the other guy deducted the Mastercard fees from the his co owner told him to hurry up and get us out of there, that he didn't need our business. As he finished he lectured us on how hard it was to run a small business in this economy and about Jesus is the only reason he could deal with people like us and continued to say how difficult we were. Through this I said not a word though my blood was boiling. I have never experienced anything like it in my life. I was completely shocked and appalled by a grown man acting like such a child. A woman walked over to help finish the transaction and she was relatively nice to me. I told her that when I walked in, I would have been happy with store credit. It was disappointing. I thought I had found a decent music store to give business to, but this experience made me so mad that instead I am going to do all my shopping at 4 o'clock Rock in Ashland, Mack and Daves and online and take every opportunity I can to share this experience with other people. Moral of the story: Rt.60 seems like a good store, but the owner thinks so highly of himself that he doesn't know how to treat the customer. If he hadn't lectured me, a woman of 25, like I was a 16 year old I would have taken the store credit and still be a good customer, but $700 in business and the potential for more doesn't matter if you point out a flaw in his customer service approach. I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN and I hope maybe I can encourage some of you to go to 4 o'clock rock or the nice guys at Mack and Dave's because they both have great customer service and take returns.
hmmm

New York, NY

#2 Feb 15, 2012
I wouldn't go back either. I'd called my credit card company and did a charge back and told him to put them up his...(..o..)
Cristy

New York, NY

#3 Feb 15, 2012
Ever heard of paragraphs ?
Shannon

Harrisonburg, VA

#4 Feb 15, 2012
Cristy wrote:
Ever heard of paragraphs ?
I was writing while angry; please forgive me for not using proper spacial techniques.
classmate

Huntington, WV

#5 Feb 15, 2012
A similar insident happened with me. I went back to trade a cello bow because I decided I needed another part instead of an extra bow. I was cussed out the door.
Cristy

New York, NY

#6 Feb 15, 2012
Well if you want to "rant" at least do it in a correct grammatical format. I didn't even read it because I couldn't lower my intelligence that far. Call guiness missy, you might have the worlds longest single run-on sentence.
Shannon

Harrisonburg, VA

#7 Feb 15, 2012
classmate wrote:
A similar insident happened with me. I went back to trade a cello bow because I decided I needed another part instead of an extra bow. I was cussed out the door.
See that's ridiculous, I can't believe they are still in business.
Shannon

Harrisonburg, VA

#8 Feb 15, 2012
Cristy wrote:
Well if you want to "rant" at least do it in a correct grammatical format. I didn't even read it because I couldn't lower my intelligence that far. Call guiness missy, you might have the worlds longest single run-on sentence.
You aren't even registered in Huntington. Find some other way to feel superior rather than commenting on something that doesn't even apply to or concern you. By the way, Guiness should be capitalized and worlds should be world's. Here's to having your grammar corrected by a person of lower intelligence.
boomaus

New York, NY

#9 Feb 15, 2012
Shannon wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't even registered in Huntington. Find some other way to feel superior rather than commenting on something that doesn't even apply to or concern you. By the way, Guiness should be capitalized and worlds should be world's. Here's to having your grammar corrected by a person of lower intelligence.
Wow.

LMAO. Did it really bother you to the point that you had to go and belittle them?
Darrin

New York, NY

#10 Feb 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing! I will never go there again. A grown man talking to a woman like that is inexcusable. If they didn't take returns, they should have stated it before the transaction. He must hate his life after Christmas, when all people want to do is return gifts. Well I'm glad that you did get your money back.
really

United States

#11 Feb 16, 2012
I'm local and your nonsense made me weep. Puncuate, somewhere, anywhere! Angry or not, spreading your assanine, neverending, first-world problem laden drivel only makes you seem petty. Did you lose your money? No, but you did cost them about two hundred dollars, because now they have to sell it as used. Good job, you selfish brat.
really

United States

#12 Feb 16, 2012
*Punctuate
Darrin

New York, NY

#13 Feb 16, 2012
really wrote:
I'm local and your nonsense made me weep. Puncuate, somewhere, anywhere! Angry or not, spreading your assanine, neverending, first-world problem laden drivel only makes you seem petty. Did you lose your money? No, but you did cost them about two hundred dollars, because now they have to sell it as used. Good job, you selfish brat.
Owner of the store ^^^ LMFAO!
really

United States

#14 Feb 16, 2012
Nope. Try again captain awesome. Just someone who knows how retail works and can't stand nonsensical ramblings.
Guy

Huntington, WV

#15 Feb 16, 2012
It's good to see that local business is craptastic! I'll buy my guitar somewhere else now, I hate people with that kind of attitude.
musiciansfriend

Huntington, WV

#16 Feb 16, 2012
I frequently go to Rt. 60 music store and although they have been fairly nice, I know that they only do in-store credit and can see where they actually would do that, plus why would you make up a story like that.

As much as I want to push local business, I was trying to get them to price match MusiciansFriend prices and they were giving me the stick, which is understandable, so I went with MusiciansFriend.
On a totally different purchase with MF, I bought a slightly used Audio Interface for thirty dollars off, got it in the mail, and it was missing software. Called them up, told them the issue, they said "no problem, we'll send you a brand new one, same price."

A few years earlier, ordered a banjo, obviously since we're in WV haha, never showed up, called them up, told them the issue, sent a new one out. A banjo showed up, and so did the other one a week later. Called them up, told them the mix-up, and they told me to keep it haha.

Moral of the story: MusiciansFriend.com
???

Front Royal, VA

#17 Feb 16, 2012
Oh yes, It should be a businesses problem if you impulse buy and change your mind...uhhh? Not
Never had a problem with them
Will go back, that is because I guess I know what I want and need.
mom of musicians

Front Royal, VA

#18 Feb 16, 2012
Sound rather spoiled and 'entitled'
This shouldn't be a business that has to readily do returns. The majority of their products are investments and collectables. Intelligent people and consumers normally give a degree of thought and consideration before spending that '$700.00', Grow up
Silent majority

Jersey City, NJ

#19 Feb 16, 2012
Cristy wrote:
Who gives a shit about his sentence structure u boob..Go back 2 bed shit stirrer..i buy alot of equipment and i personally appreciated his info..
Silent majority

Jersey City, NJ

#20 Feb 16, 2012
Shannon wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't even registered in Huntington. Find some other way to feel superior rather than commenting on something that doesn't even apply to or concern you. By the way, Guiness should be capitalized and worlds should be world's. Here's to having your grammar corrected by a person of lower intelligence.
Hahahahaha....Lmao...so true..."know-it-alls " are usually the dumbest in any group...and they r usually the most arrogant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary beats trump! 7 min MarkJ- 43
Any MU girls wanna have their toes sucked... 45 min All10toessucked 6
East end break-ins 1 hr Baltimore street 6 95
for black people 3 1 hr in the key of life 211
kneegar DNA 1 hr pretty nikole 2
I've never seen a female kneeger that looked fe... 1 hr pretty nikole 14
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr UTrashy 1,667
What time does unemployment money show up on de... (Dec '10) 6 hr Hard worker 271

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages