Grace Christian School

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
null

Oceana, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 20, 2013
 
Whats it like, what denomination are they and what do they believe in?
Lefty

Oceana, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 20, 2013
 
Worst school ever!!!
Jay

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 21, 2013
 
It was a good school 25 years ago, now it's not so good. They've got too many useless rules that have nothing to do with religious beliefs or anything. It's a dictatorship.
parent

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

its a terrible school. my kids went there for four years in early 2000s. son was bullied by principal's son and nothing done. we had been led to believe the kids would be ahead of public school kids, but when we pulled them out we had to get them tutored to get them caught up to grade level. over time, we have observed that the kids who come out of there usually end up either tattoo'd and on drugs or are brainwashed robots. no in between. do your kids a favor and keep them away from this place.
Is ur last name

Nitro, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 21, 2013
 
Jay wrote:
It was a good school 25 years ago, now it's not so good. They've got too many useless rules that have nothing to do with religious beliefs or anything. It's a dictatorship.
. Scarberry???
Teacher

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 21, 2013
 
I wouldn't take my child there. I teach at a public school near Grace Christian and have received a few of their students. All of them were way below grade level and were missing basic skills. Not a good school at all. If you don't want to send them to public school I would strongly suggest St. Joe. It's I'd catholic and expensive but a great school.
ExStudent

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Absolutely hated this school had to go there for 5 years of my life. They have the stupidest rules ever. This school is filled with Religious zealous that combine politics with Bible. Grace is just a recruiting station for Bob Jones University..
christianstestmy faith

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 22, 2013
 
parent wrote:
over time, we have observed that the kids who come out of there usually end up either tattoo'd and on drugs or are brainwashed robots. no in between.
Ha! I went there, I have tattoos and I do drugs, so I suppose you have a point...

Also, someone mentioned something about mixing politics with the Bible...you hit the nail on the head there. I would never send my kids there. I could go on forever, but the experience was something I could never describe. Yes, the principal's kids were ALL jerks and there were definitely certain kids that could get away with everything. As was mentioned earlier, I would choose St. Joe if I were concerned with my child actually receiving an education. Hope this helps. God bless.
1 post removed
Mike

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 23, 2013
 
Where do i start..
carl

Oceana, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

if it was a real Christian school it would let any of gods children in not just the rich ones.
Truth

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

My daughter has gone there four years.

My daughter has been bullied two years straight and talking to them about it is like talking to a brick wall. They never follow up.

If you aren't as rich as most don't expect respect.

If you don't talk/act/dress like they do expect problems with your child and don't expect to be treated like a human.

The people there talk about Grace like it's a miracle place that is perfect in all aspects.

They take offerings in the middle of plays and performances.

If you don't "look right" they will simply pretend you don't exist.

They have silly rules.

They have silly fundraisers.

I will not be sending my daughter back next year.

Side note. Every year you MUST send in (I think) two dollars for a PENCIL GRIP. I have never seen this pencil grip and my daughter has never reported seeing it either. You also pay a lot for tee shirts; gym shirts, serve-a-thon, field day, you name it there's a shirt for it.

Where

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 24, 2013
 
Is this school located???
Bob Sagget

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 24, 2013
 
Adams Ave 1111 Huntington wv
Bob Sagget

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ther is an old saying that some of the guys who graduate in the class of 1990. The Berlin wall came down in the, but it went back up when Dr.brokkie to grace
Liberal Hippie

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 24, 2013
 
If you gays then this is the school for you, if they find out that your kid is gay. They will expel you kid if he/she is gay. I remember when i heard Mrs. Webbie and Dr.Brokkie asked for my some kids password for their myspace account...
Liberal Hippie

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 24, 2013
 
carl wrote:
if it was a real Christian school it would let any of gods children in not just the rich ones.
Not every one is rich
Umm

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 24, 2013
 
Liberal Hippie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not every one is rich
I think that was the point.

You have to pay to get in to Grace, a tuition every single year.

That plus all the extras.
Choice

Stuarts Draft, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Everyone has a choice to go or attend another school. The rules/regulations/price is all given when beginning the enrollment process. If you do not like what the school empliments/charges/educational goals/ beliefs/ etc then simply choose another school. It is not a cult where you go and they have some type of hidden agenda or they do not allow you to leave! It is your hild and you have the choice to send them wherever you want! If your child has been there for 4 years or actually more than one day and you do not agree or feel comfortable then simply leave... Stating they have been there for several years and then complaining about everything you feel is so horrible about the school only make you look like a parent who doesn't have their childs best interest a heart!! Obviously you are either ignorant, just feel the need to slander or allow your child to be in an environment that you feel is "negative" and also pay for that type of environment! Pathetic! So to answer the initial question... The school obviously must be pretty good for someone to pay a lot of money (which is what you do for a private education) and stay for 3+ years considering they bad stuff that was named was not enough to for the children to stop going!! If you really want to know about this school do research other than opinions on Topix!!
Truth

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 26, 2013
 
Choice wrote:
Everyone has a choice to go or attend another school. The rules/regulations/price is all given when beginning the enrollment process. If you do not like what the school empliments/charges/educational goals/ beliefs/ etc then simply choose another school. It is not a cult where you go and they have some type of hidden agenda or they do not allow you to leave! It is your hild and you have the choice to send them wherever you want! If your child has been there for 4 years or actually more than one day and you do not agree or feel comfortable then simply leave... Stating they have been there for several years and then complaining about everything you feel is so horrible about the school only make you look like a parent who doesn't have their childs best interest a heart!! Obviously you are either ignorant, just feel the need to slander or allow your child to be in an environment that you feel is "negative" and also pay for that type of environment! Pathetic! So to answer the initial question... The school obviously must be pretty good for someone to pay a lot of money (which is what you do for a private education) and stay for 3+ years considering they bad stuff that was named was not enough to for the children to stop going!! If you really want to know about this school do research other than opinions on Topix!!
I said it WAS NOT MY CHOICE, remember? I was in a co-parenting relationship.

I do have my child's best interest at heart, thank you very much.

It took four years to convince the judge that I WAS RIGHT FOR NOT WANTING MY CHILD THERE. Thus they will not be going back.

You make a lot of ASSumptions for someone who knows N.O.T.H.I.N.G of my situation.

I was simply stating my opinions and experiences with Grace Christian School.

Have a wonderful day.

P.s. You may want to look up the definition of "slander"... just saying.
Ron Brewer

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Obviously, this school would be a correct choice for SOME people. Do you have a lot of money to spend? Do you hate gays? Are you Republican? Radical Fundamentalist Christian? Believe the earth is literally 6,000 years old? The shit they teach in those science classes is the saddest part.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
name the snitches from huntington 14 min tears 30
brandy davis 26 min hahah 3
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 43,741
emaleigh stevens leaked photos 5 hr jess 13
Holderby's Landing (Jul '12) 6 hr nohalgerg 22
ryan brumfield 7 hr lol 1
Huntington Principal Webb (Sep '13) 7 hr I was there 79
Huntington high school 12 hr Policy 32
•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••