JAC

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

I used to work for rescare and liked it ok. Some people thought you had to be mormon to get promoted. I think its a mormon outfit.
you are

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Family wrote:
I had a family member at rescare for a few months. In that short time I saw employees in the parking lot doing drugs, once I saw "Dakota"(that's what was on the nametag) selling drugs in the parking lot, and horrible treatment. We got him out of there as fast as we could. I reported the activity to management and the police. As far as I know nothing was ever done back then. I'm glad to hear the company if finally cleaning house and getting rid of the scum that works there.
a liar, to my knowledge no employee wears a name tag anywhere at that company. The whole idea of what they do is to run the homes in a residential setting, not a hospital or mental ward. I don't doubt what you seen though just the fact you had to lie to make a point is stupid.
ex worker

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Did you know any of the tc like Angie I heard she was a ass kisser and hard to work for
Beth

Danville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

what ever happened to that gay guy in Guyandotte that worked for Rescare? Adam? He was a real flamer gay type boy lovin wierdo.

Since: Jul 12

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Like any job it's what you make of it. Like any other place, you do your job and you will be fine. Of course it's like high school with everyone running there mouths and spreading rumors. You complain about the drug addicted losers that work there, but what do you expect for barely above minimum wage? People don't get fired for nothing. It usually revolves around an allegation of abuse or neglect. That protects the people that reside in these homes who depend on these services. This line of work is not for everyone. It can be a very rewarding job. But there's definitely some rotten apples, even way up the tree.
Rescarea a joke

Chesapeake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

I worked in chesapeake for almost 2 years. Union is a huge joke. Theres nothing but two faced back stabbing idiots that work there. You have to do drugs to work there. Management is a bunch of back hills wv rejects who dont know their butts from a hole in the ground and the main woman pam is as crazy as the clients and needs care herself. This place needs shut down. Medicaid should listen and check them out. The staff dpes nothing but smoke and they are lazy as hell. Dont ever work here...the nursing staff is dumb as hell. Azed more clients havent died there
Family

Proctorville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Dakota Sumpter and yes he was an employee or at least was several years ago.
Ex-ResCare

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

YOU are a JERK and that company in Downers Grove IL is Horrible they are very unprofessional. And yes they do fire people really without reason then lie so they can not get unemployment. Your stupid to defend a place like that...
Now all parts of the company are not bad I did transfer from a really good location(Carbondale, Il.)
Ex-ResCare

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

you are wrote:
<quoted text>
a liar, to my knowledge no employee wears a name tag anywhere at that company. The whole idea of what they do is to run the homes in a residential setting, not a hospital or mental ward. I don't doubt what you seen though just the fact you had to lie to make a point is stupid.
Well I worked at a site and they wanted us to wear name tags I still have my picture ID...All sites are not the same before you call someone a liar
Ex-ResCare

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

lame wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked at rescare at the chesapeake location a yr ago and i can attest to how shady it is. The mgmt are crooks, i had to wait a month for my first paycheck bc "technical" issues in payroll, funny thing is this occurred with at least two people from every class. On top of that i never once got any overtime pay, 70+ hrs a week straight pay, and the "union"...fuckin joke, i was raised in a union household and this is no union, its a front. Every labor law that could be broken was. Anyway i know its not a job you get to make money, that's not what its about but you at least deserve to be paid for the work that you do. In short, save yourself some stress and apply at autism services or prestera
What location was it I worked at Downers Grove and I hate the Executive Director Jane Frankland and her daughter friend that works human resources Collete
1 post removed
dad

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

I think restcare should make it manditory to drug testthere employees. I sure dont wsnt druggies taking care of my family members. I really think something should be done about it. I live in the Elkins area and I know its going on there. I think it should be stopped.
lol

Delmont, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

dad wrote:
I think restcare should make it manditory to drug testthere employees. I sure dont wsnt druggies taking care of my family members. I really think something should be done about it. I live in the Elkins area and I know its going on there. I think it should be stopped.
you wouldn't have any staff. I've been in the mental health industry for the better part of 10 years and can tell you, no one wants to wipe butt for barely a living wage. Some of the only people who can handle such a demeaning, mentally, and physically demanding job are people who go home and get stoned afterwards. Take care of your own family members if you want it done the way you see fit. All local companies are a joke. One place, everyone would pack in a van and clam bake while the clients sat next to you. Another place people would take multiple "smoke breaks" and or drink on the job.
You literally get paid more money to flip hamburgers at McDonald's. All these agencies hire 18 year old college kids, don't train them well at all, don't pay them anything, then expect them to just let clients beat the tar out of them(approved restraints don't work 90% of the time), no raises, no appreciation, looked down upon by nearly all management(who are also over worked and under paid) AND YOU EXPECT A PERSON GOING THROUGH THAT TO NOT DO DRUGS!?
I have PTSD from some of the things I had to do. I can't sleep at night because of the horrors I've seen. So excuse me if I'm going to go smoke a joint in preparation for taking care of the family member you pawned off on the state.
h8ter

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Amen
hannah

Sewickley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Didn't Stacey klug work there? What a waste!
Tfm

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Company sucks! Management only cares about management, they treat the direct care staff like shit. No raises, barely above minimum wage, but the higher ups are eating good and not worrying about paying their bills. Their buildings are run down and disgusting, MAJOR problem with bedbugs in central Ohio locations. I worked there over 5 years and saw conditions decline instead of improve.
1 post removed
buckeye guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
you wouldn't have any staff. I've been in the mental health industry for the better part of 10 years and can tell you, no one wants to wipe butt for barely a living wage. Some of the only people who can handle such a demeaning, mentally, and physically demanding job are people who go home and get stoned afterwards. Take care of your own family members if you want it done the way you see fit. All local companies are a joke. One place, everyone would pack in a van and clam bake while the clients sat next to you. Another place people would take multiple "smoke breaks" and or drink on the job.
You literally get paid more money to flip hamburgers at McDonald's. All these agencies hire 18 year old college kids, don't train them well at all, don't pay them anything, then expect them to just let clients beat the tar out of them(approved restraints don't work 90% of the time), no raises, no appreciation, looked down upon by nearly all management(who are also over worked and under paid) AND YOU EXPECT A PERSON GOING THROUGH THAT TO NOT DO DRUGS!?
I have PTSD from some of the things I had to do. I can't sleep at night because of the horrors I've seen. So excuse me if I'm going to go smoke a joint in preparation for taking care of the family member you pawned off on the state.
I feel you on that sentiment. Truer words were never spoken I hate the job and dealing with these peoples family members who feel guilty about pawning their relatives off to be someones problem other than theirs then want to come in talking shit telling you how to do your job and running their mouth like they're better than you even though you take care off their problem(relative) for a shit wage. That job made me hate retarded people their family and anything to do with anything related to any of it. Screw rescare and the whole system.
buckeye guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Oh btw companies like these make a fortune off the tax payer through the government. Some of these guys are bringing these companies over 100,000/ year and more and if you think that they give two shits about your family you're stupid. They are all dollar signs and that's why they rarely tell the families of these consumers what these places are really like bc they want that money and if they can't get your tard family member they'll get someone else and that's why they don't care if you put your relative in their system or not.

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

buckeye guy wrote:
Oh btw companies like these make a fortune off the tax payer through the government. Some of these guys are bringing these companies over 100,000/ year and more and if you think that they give two shits about your family you're stupid. They are all dollar signs and that's why they rarely tell the families of these consumers what these places are really like bc they want that money and if they can't get your tard family member they'll get someone else and that's why they don't care if you put your relative in their system or not.
Places like this and other agencies are not non-profit so of course they are trying to make money.

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Oh a little birdie told me that people are getting letters as RESCARE is being investigated. Not talking the typical state stuff. This is much bigger. Should be interesting how it plays out.
Know

Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

There's a few good managers in Bville. Very few tho. Some are cool. Good people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of47
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
mandy smith 7 min concerned 1
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 9 min bacon hater 43,656
Holderby's Landing (Jul '12) 13 min gone 15
name the snitches from huntington 30 min blah 25
GC Services (Dec '08) 36 min new girl 272
Andrea Watermelon 42 min WRONG 67
First state bank 1 hr Spamalot 21
Huntington high school 2 hr Curious 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••