First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Are you serious

Charleston, WV

#149 Jan 28, 2014
I think it's hilarious how the WVU fans think they are are more dominate in athletics just because of football. OK, you have the better history in football, MBB, and WBB, but what about everything else? Lets sum them up, shall we?
Out of the sports MU and WVU play regularly...
Women's Tennis- WVU has only beaten MU once in the last 12 years
Volleyball- MU is 11-1 against WVU in the last 12 years.
Baseball- MU just went 2-1 this season against WVU and are way higher in the RPI
SavageNation

Hundred, WV

#150 Jan 29, 2014
Are you serious wrote:
I think it's hilarious how the WVU fans think they are are more dominate in athletics just because of football. OK, you have the better history in football, MBB, and WBB, but what about everything else? Lets sum them up, shall we?
Out of the sports MU and WVU play regularly...
Women's Tennis- WVU has only beaten MU once in the last 12 years
Volleyball- MU is 11-1 against WVU in the last 12 years.
Baseball- MU just went 2-1 this season against WVU and are way higher in the RPI
Again..........

In D1 college athletics, football is considered to be the only consistent "revenue" sport in most universities, with some programs turning a profit through men's basketball. Virtually every other sport (including the ones you listed) are considered "non-revenue".

With so much conference realignment, television contracts, etc., it is apparent that money is changing how the NCAA and it's associated D1 programs operate. Sad, but true.

So yeah, MU may have fared better in women's tennis, volleyball, and baseball, but frankly that success doesn't amount to a hill o' beans in the larger spectrum. These sports do not generate the money needed for MU to move up to the next level.
Another Silent Victim

Bronx, NY

#151 Aug 18, 2015
really wrote:
i worked at a plant in huntington that has students that have graduated from both school and neither degree is worth the paper its printed on, I quit college and make more money then either of them. the students have been working thru a temp. service making min wage
I never had any trouble with my degree from WVU. Maybe you are just stoopid.
Another Silent Victim

Bronx, NY

#152 Aug 18, 2015
really wrote:
i worked at a plant in huntington that has students that have graduated from both school and neither degree is worth the paper its printed on, I quit college and make more money then either of them. the students have been working thru a temp. service making min wage
I never had any trouble with my degree from WVU. Maybe you are just stoopid?
Davis

Saint Albans, WV

#153 Aug 18, 2015
Another Silent Victim wrote:
<quoted text>I never had any trouble with my degree from WVU. Maybe you are just stoopid?
Stoopid. U dumb hill jack from the hole
Sam

Saint Albans, WV

#154 Aug 18, 2015
I live in the hgtm community and football season is gonna suck this year. I doubt we'll have very few people tailgating let alone paying to go in. Maybe the old herd faithful. Not me anymore.
sausage gravy

Charleston, WV

#155 Aug 19, 2015
Sam wrote:
I live in the hgtm community and football season is gonna suck this year. I doubt we'll have very few people tailgating let alone paying to go in. Maybe the old herd faithful. Not me anymore.
Look for a packed house at the Purdue and plenty of drinking and eating at my huge tailgate party
someones who knows

Export, PA

#156 Aug 19, 2015
Marshall sucks all the way around
You do

Martins Ferry, OH

#157 Aug 19, 2015
someones who knows wrote:
Marshall sucks all the way around
You suck don't knock our city

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cabell OR infections 24 min UpsetinHuntington 2
Pray With Us The Lords Prayer April 20, 2018 28 min Anonymous 1
Russia navy ready for WAR. 1 hr lazy moochers 71
News 'It's very humbling,' Huntington fire chief say... 1 hr FOX Breaking News 4
election (Nov '12) 1 hr gary 3
News Huntington Police Bust Prostitutes on Sixth Avenue (Oct '15) 1 hr ThatGuy 11
spring planting time 2 hr gary 215

Huntington Jobs

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages