leaving huntington good bad ?

leaving huntington good bad ?

Posted in the Huntington Forum

leslie A

Chesapeake, OH

#1 Aug 31, 2013
People. I've lived in Btwn Bville and Huntington for the past few years. I'm Educated from Ohio State but moved here w my family and now x husband. Is Huntington as bad as it seems. No jobs in the paper etc. outdated Restaurants Please give me feedback how much btr or worse it is elsewhere. Thanks. And no hard Criticism please.
opp

Youngstown, OH

#2 Aug 31, 2013
leslie A wrote:
People. I've lived in Btwn Bville and Huntington for the past few years. I'm Educated from Ohio State but moved here w my family and now x husband. Is Huntington as bad as it seems. No jobs in the paper etc. outdated Restaurants Please give me feedback how much btr or worse it is elsewhere. Thanks. And no hard Criticism please.
this place is awful. No jobs. Everyone's always mad. There are only a handful of restaurants that aren't chains and only a few of those are any good. A city built for 100000 can't be sustained by 40000. Detroit has held us down and had it's way with us. this place is a cesspool and a black hole. It destroys everything and everyone over time. Seriously though, if you can afford it, leave. Don't look back.
okay

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Sep 1, 2013
I totally back the last statement,

Run dont walk, get the hell out, tell others, warn the world. lol
big b

Huntington, WV

#4 Sep 1, 2013
opp wrote:
<quoted text>
this place is awful. No jobs. Everyone's always mad. There are only a handful of restaurants that aren't chains and only a few of those are any good. A city built for 100000 can't be sustained by 40000. Detroit has held us down and had it's way with us. this place is a cesspool and a black hole. It destroys everything and everyone over time. Seriously though, if you can afford it, leave. Don't look back.
as of this date there are lots of jobs here all fast food places hiring as is walmarts holidays are coming malls hiring thats just for a start most jobs are not in the paper its not as bad as people say just stay a way from city of huntington if you can real low class there true trailer trash in houses
ishmel

United States

#5 Sep 1, 2013
There are jobs but they are all low pay. The average income for Huntington is about 18,000 per year.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Huntington, WV

#6 Sep 1, 2013
If you get a good opportunity somewhere, take it no matter where it is.
weee

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Sep 1, 2013
Last one out , turn off the lights
Just saying

Proctorville, OH

#8 Sep 2, 2013
Just saying for what it is worth. We have lived in several wonderful cities on the east coast. Huntington is a place we were transferred. We have learned to bloom where we are planted. Giving to the community has seemed to help others. We have met many wonderful people here and learned our place here. There are jobs, due to the huge amount of people who don't work.
leslie A

United States

#9 Sep 2, 2013
I have my masters I'm
Not going to work for Walmart or fast food. Ty tho.
Level 1

Huntington, WV

#10 Sep 2, 2013
leslie A wrote:
I have my masters I'm
Not going to work for Walmart or fast food. Ty tho.
Sadly, I have heard this a lot from many people here. fast food will probably say your overqualified anyway. What do you have a masters in? Have you tried LinkedIn, indeed, and wsaz?
Derper

Huntington, WV

#11 Sep 2, 2013
leslie A wrote:
Arbitrary capitalization, whimsical punctuation, garbled communication effort. Ohio State, huh? On what subject did you write your Master's thesis?
goofy fred

Tucker, GA

#12 Sep 2, 2013
Derper wrote:
<quoted text>Arbitrary capitalization, whimsical punctuation, garbled communication effort. Ohio State, huh? On what subject did you write your Master's thesis?
Deeper is a f*******g genius who corrects everyone's grammar.
yep

Clay, WV

#13 Sep 2, 2013
Derper just picked up on the obvious. Derper didn't touch on how odd it is that someone who has been here for years is asking on Topix what is available.

What an odd subject to troll.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#14 Sep 2, 2013
yep wrote:
Derper just picked up on the obvious. Derper didn't touch on how odd it is that someone who has been here for years is asking on Topix what is available.
What an odd subject to troll.
Thank you, yep. Anyone who reads what I post for any length of time would see that I usually leave the grammar, etc., alone until someone starts throwing that "highly educated, Master's degree" bs around.

I just can't help myself. We all have our quirks. I'm weak.:)
Level 1

Huntington, WV

#15 Sep 2, 2013
Well she did say she's newly divorced. Maybe she's been a stay at home mom until now. And punctuation(no matter how whimsical, lol) is more difficult on a cell. Thank-you auto correct.
leslie A

United States

#16 Sep 2, 2013
Missmissu2 wrote:
Well she did say she's newly divorced. Maybe she's been a stay at home mom until now. And punctuation(no matter how whimsical, lol) is more difficult on a cell. Thank-you auto correct.

Ok people. I Thank the ones that have been supportive of my post without bashing me. I truly thank you for that. My degree is in Business Accounting and Yes I've tried Indeed. I've had numerous Interviews with some large scale company's in Hgtn and Charleston. This area only wants to pay a small percentage of what i can make elsewhere. The Interview in Charleston I was told they had over 200 resumes submitted for one position. That's Nuts Again. I thank you for the ones that are being helpful to my posting.
leslie A

United States

#17 Sep 2, 2013
Missmissu2 wrote:
Yes. I am using a cell to type as well. Little difficult ...

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#18 Sep 2, 2013
leslie A wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok people. I Thank the ones that have been supportive of my post without bashing me. I truly thank you for that. My degree is in Business Accounting and Yes I've tried Indeed. I've had numerous Interviews with some large scale company's in Hgtn and Charleston. This area only wants to pay a small percentage of what i can make elsewhere. The Interview in Charleston I was told they had over 200 resumes submitted for one position. That's Nuts Again. I thank you for the ones that are being helpful to my posting.
accounting. good choice. htgn is trash. my suggestion is to move b/n htgn & charleston. also, businesses rarely post good jobs n the paper. online job searches r the only way to go n ur field. & yes, i kno a newly graduated accountant w/a masters.... accepted $14/hr. really low pay... unfortuantely a MBA is no more useful than a BBA- no matter where u move to. this area offers low pay for such positions- but ur cost of living is also lower. u have to weigh ur options. w/ur education &/or any experience u have gained w/n the field of accounting.... u need a nice nest egg of money to really collect in this area or otherwise settle for compensatory pay. assuming i was n ur shoes....if ur not from here, dont kno alot of ppl, have a low savings, & u have a close family bond? i wuld go home to my family .... try to find a job there. a fresh start ... away from the x & his stompin ground. best of luck...
Spider-Man

Huntington, WV

#19 Sep 2, 2013
Leslie, get out of here. It is as bad as it seems. A cesspool of obesity, stupidity, poverty and misery. Go back to Columbus if you can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jolly Pirate donuts on Rt. 60 18 min right 5
Victoria Dawn 35 min Lovelovelove 13
Trump is toast 50 min -zaphod- 70
Its not racism, we just want a clean community 1 hr You really posted... 149
GD Ritzy's--BEWARE (Sep '10) 2 hr marcum 28
West Virginia Near the Top in Healthcare Costs ... 3 hr Yea 20
CON IMPLICATIONS FOR WEST VIRGINIA's HCA 3 hr Yea 37

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance