Cabell Midland and recruiting

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SetTheRecordStra ight

South Point, OH

#1 May 25, 2013
Is it true that Cabell Midland is illegally recruiting? I've akways heard about this but if its true my son WILL NOT GO THERE. If a team can't win with what they've got like every other school than they need to look around. How is it fair that all other schools have to go by this but not them? I wanted to see if this was true from others. If so I'm going to the board first thing next week!
WOW

United States

#2 May 25, 2013
OMG who cares
lol

South Point, OH

#3 May 25, 2013
Turn em in!
really

Huntington, WV

#4 May 25, 2013
so are you moving out of West Virginia then every school does it and has for years. Logan is basketball and baseball, Cabell midland is football and Huntington is wrestling and football Coach Seals recruited a kid from Ohio and Ky two years ago, so unless you plan on moving out the state it going to happen at whatever school your son goes to.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#5 May 25, 2013
No matter what school your children there going to be recruiting, and who cares aslong as the recruit does the job he was recruited to do. My son was recruited.
murph

United States

#6 May 25, 2013
The grass may not be so green. I would not recommend sending any athlete to Huntington unless they're a wrestler. Talk to the families who spent 4 years with a coach and see if the give a good recommendation. I work with several parents whose kids were stars at HHS, and they had nothing good to say about the coaches. If you want your kid to excel in football, coach Sammons is the ticket. Wrestling coach of the year is HHS Archer. Rob is first class!
really

Huntington, WV

#7 May 25, 2013
HHS Football has a lot of good players that sit the bench and Coach Seals is a good coach but if you want your son to go to the next level at a good school then i would send my son Cabell Midland or Spring Valley cause Seals doesn`t care enough about the athletes to actually try and get connections at college who would give a good education and if he wrestles then HHS is the best in the south and has a good chance of takening another championship next year
Grapple

Faber, VA

#8 May 25, 2013
Why does everyone think Archer is such a great coach? HHS was never worth a crap until they got all the transfers. Recruited or not, without them they don't finish in the top 4 at states just like every year. With that said, I wouldn't have let my kid wrestle for midlands old coach either.

Since: Feb 13

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 May 25, 2013
Midland is only doing the kind of recruiting that is legal!!!!! Example; Hey kid we have a better football team and more connections to colleges than any other school.... move here and play football for us!!!
lol

South Point, OH

#10 May 25, 2013
Salmons does not have more connections than Seals and his coaches at all. Oh let me guess Marshall? How's that working out for salmons kids? Look who HHS sends to college and look who midland sends. Big difference huh? Midland is a joke and will always do whatever it takes to beat HHS. Legally or illegally. Isn't the right Don'te? Lol. I can't wait to not only watch HHS beat midland but beat on cry baby don'te also. They are coming for him hardcore!
really

Huntington, WV

#11 May 25, 2013
Grapple wrote:
Why does everyone think Archer is such a great coach? HHS was never worth a crap until they got all the transfers. Recruited or not, without them they don't finish in the top 4 at states just like every year. With that said, I wouldn't have let my kid wrestle for midlands old coach either.
think you need to check where HHS has finished in the last 3 years they finished 2nd in 2011, 3rd in 2012 and 1st in 2013 and in 2011 they had not transfers.

Hey lol won`t you check where that kid actually lives i do believe its inside cabell midland area and will be asset to the team just like he was for HHS
Resident

Chapmanville, WV

#12 May 25, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
think you need to check where HHS has finished in the last 3 years they finished 2nd in 2011, 3rd in 2012 and 1st in 2013 and in 2011 they had not transfers.
Hey lol won`t you check where that kid actually lives i do believe its inside cabell midland area and will be asset to the team just like he was for HHS
I'm not sure where you got your info but, before you start quoting stats you should make sure they're correct. This year was the first state title HHS has ever won! http://www.wvmat.com/statetou/tenyear13.pdf Check it out.
Resident

Chapmanville, WV

#13 May 25, 2013
really, please disregard my last post. I misread your statement. Thought you said they won it in 2011 and 2013.
really

Huntington, WV

#14 May 26, 2013
Resident i do believe this the first time a southern school has won a title but not 100% sure and Cabell Midland had a coach that would have turn their program around but he sorta messed up at the state tournament and Spring Valley is getting a new coach this so when it comes to wrestling HHS is the best around and Rob Archer is class act when it comes to being a role models for the huntington kids.
Mark

Huntington, WV

#15 May 26, 2013
On what reading level are your kids working? I can't believe you all are arguing over something so stupid.

SO many more important things to concern yourselves with when it comes to education.
murph

United States

#16 May 26, 2013
My kid is one hell of a wrestler and reads just fine. Archer molds young men into model citizens.
Kurt

Charleston, WV

#17 Sep 4, 2013
lol wrote:
Salmons does not have more connections than Seals and his coaches at all. Oh let me guess Marshall? How's that working out for salmons kids? Look who HHS sends to college and look who midland sends. Big difference huh? Midland is a joke and will always do whatever it takes to beat HHS. Legally or illegally. Isn't the right Don'te? Lol. I can't wait to not only watch HHS beat midland but beat on cry baby don'te also. They are coming for him hardcore!
Salmons is a class act and runs a classy program, he also put alot of last years seniors into college programs (I should Know), also nobody recruited don'te he came to Midland to play in an offensive scheme that would showcase his talent and give him more D1 opportunities. As for HHS beating Midland and coming after Don'te. They are not good enough to beat Midland, they barely beat Hurricane, and there is no real fear of them doing anything to Don'te because they cant catch him. With that being said I guess we'll all see in week 4 wont we.
curious

Chesapeake, OH

#18 Sep 4, 2013
Kurt wrote:
<quoted text>
Salmons is a class act and runs a classy program, he also put alot of last years seniors into college programs (I should Know), also nobody recruited don'te he came to Midland to play in an offensive scheme that would showcase his talent and give him more D1 opportunities. As for HHS beating Midland and coming after Don'te. They are not good enough to beat Midland, they barely beat Hurricane, and there is no real fear of them doing anything to Don'te because they cant catch him. With that being said I guess we'll all see in week 4 wont we.
what a joke of a comment. Hhs barely beat hurricane how is 23 to 8 barely winning and midland played riverside wow way to go... Our second string scored three times on riverside during the scrimmage and about players that can't catch hendricks how about you check on things before you say crap there are four players on hhs team that matched his speed and one that is faster so yeah go play winfield and parkersburg and we will see you the fourth game.
black ops

Hurricane, WV

#19 Sep 4, 2013
Hurricane helped Huntington win that one, call it poor play calling, or poor execution, either way they were in the red zone 4 times and threw incompletions and interceptions. Midland can only play the teams that are on their schedule so yeah they played Riverside I don't know what else they could have done. Keep all your focus on Donte, meanwhile Thomas, Barnitz, and Childers will run all over you, because those 3 are Midlands starting backs.
old ball pkayer

Greensburg, PA

#20 Sep 5, 2013
Im so sick of hearing this complaining from the Altizer/16th st. Rd football team. If a kid moves. It is not illegal. Is that really that hard to understand? It seems like it since you all are still complaining. Show up and play it on the field like the old HHS guys used to do. Ive never heard so much complaining. Shut up and play football!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
black pride whites cant come in 1 min will 259
james hood (May '12) 3 min Trump jr 6
Donna Sue Messed On Herself At Work 1 hr Yuck 7
Texas Roadhouse route 60 1 hr Yuck 37
America Held Hostage Day 246 2 hr MarkJ- 14
Join our Anti Abortion Protest Oct 1st! 2 hr 2hearts 5
Pervert on loose 2 hr The Cure 24

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance