Dave
#1 Apr 22, 2012
Does anyone have any experience with this company?
Yes

Lubbock, TX

#2 Apr 22, 2012
Yep. Ask away and I will try and answer.

“I walk among you but”

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

I am not one of you

#3 Apr 23, 2012
I used to know the owner of jan care but I am not sure now who owns it. It used to transport pts to where ever they needed to go if they were mobile. I am sorry. I don't know if this is still true.
Does anyone know who owns it now? I have been out of state for a while.
jc employee

Huntington, WV

#4 Apr 23, 2012
if youre thinking about getting a job there i would advise not. captain no-neck will treat you like shit just like the rest when you make him look bad. bunch of cry babies over there
Jim

South Hill, VA

#5 Apr 24, 2012
Don't apply unless you are morbidly obese... Like the rest of them.

Jimbo, thin man
Yes

Jayton, TX

#6 Apr 24, 2012
Rick Cornette still owns Jan Care. His son Todd runs it with Shane Wheeler as Chief of Operations. Jan Care bought General Ambulance a year ago or so. Ricky, Rick's youngest son, was running it.

Jan Care used to be a great place to work but times change. They have some really good people working there and they have some not so good ones too. As far as the Captain down in the Tri-State division, as they call Huntington, I am not entirely sure who it is now days. I know there have been some issues there over the years. Shane likes to foster certain things in his supervisors, not all of which I agree with. Well, let's be honest, I didn't agree with most anything Shane Wheeler did. But he is the chief and he runs things as he sees best.

And as for them all being morbidly obese, not all are. Although there is a high incidence of obesity in EMS as a whole.

“I walk among you but”

Level 8

I am not one of you

#7 Apr 25, 2012
Yes wrote:
Rick Cornette still owns Jan Care. His son Todd runs it with Shane Wheeler as Chief of Operations. Jan Care bought General Ambulance a year ago or so. Ricky, Rick's youngest son, was running it.
Jan Care used to be a great place to work but times change. They have some really good people working there and they have some not so good ones too. As far as the Captain down in the Tri-State division, as they call Huntington, I am not entirely sure who it is now days. I know there have been some issues there over the years. Shane likes to foster certain things in his supervisors, not all of which I agree with. Well, let's be honest, I didn't agree with most anything Shane Wheeler did. But he is the chief and he runs things as he sees best.
And as for them all being morbidly obese, not all are. Although there is a high incidence of obesity in EMS as a whole.
Thanks, didn't Terry someone use to own it... when it opened?
Yes

Jayton, TX

#8 Apr 25, 2012
There was another owner way back in the 70's. Rick bought the company from him. I cannot for the life of me remember his name however. It very well could have been Terry. And as far as how the company is now compared to when Rick did run it, no comparison. Rick had things to where they were top notch. He was awesome to work for.

“I walk among you but”

Level 8

I am not one of you

#9 Apr 25, 2012
Yes wrote:
There was another owner way back in the 70's. Rick bought the company from him. I cannot for the life of me remember his name however. It very well could have been Terry. And as far as how the company is now compared to when Rick did run it, no comparison. Rick had things to where they were top notch. He was awesome to work for.
Thank you, My dd knew him.
Yes

Jayton, TX

#10 Apr 25, 2012
Your welcome.
1 post removed
know
#12 May 9, 2012
Jan-Care as a whole sucks. They treat their employees like total crap. The pay is garbage, and you're expecting to work 80 hour weeks. All the while supervisers are chasing you looking for reasons to write you up. Total crap! Call someone else for your emergencies, cuz jandontcare!
cheaters

Louisa, KY

#13 Feb 2, 2013
most all of the workers there are cheating with other coworkers. what else can they do while doin nothing.

Level 3

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Just curious is there a business in huntington where the employees are not cheating with each other ?
Who knows

Chesapeake, OH

#15 Jul 9, 2013
Jan-Care gives almost all of their VA runs to one truck and these two men brag about the hours and money they get while others are getting hardly any calls at all. Their call volume is way down and they are yet to share those calls with all of us. You would think they would want us younger more fit employees on some of those calls but the keep sending their morbidly obese guy to do a job he is not fit to do. Share the work load Jan Care and don't play favorites anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boycotting NFL 3 min MarkJ- 22
Closing of Alligator Jackson's Tunnel 17 min Truth 28
womans torso found in river 20 min t 10
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 29 min brittany pierce b... 4,244
Trump is going to declare Martial Law on protes... 45 min will 26
America Held Hostage Day 247 53 min MarkJ- 12
Fresh Fart Festival 1 hr Promoter 1

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance