HUD awards $616,000 to W.Va.

Aug 1, 2012 Full story: Williamson Daily News Online 21

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has awarded approximately $616,000 for Emergency Shelter Grants to improve the quality and number of emergency homeless shelters in West Virginia.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wrong

Huntington, WV

#1 Aug 1, 2012
hey maybe they can use the money to rent apartments to drug addicts in the nicer places we have left. Thats a good idea.

Level 4

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Aug 2, 2012
Isn't that the truth...that's all they need, more money to spend on drugs instead of paying regular rent like the rest of us...it's bull I say!
willy

Huntington, WV

#3 Aug 4, 2012
i say help me with the home i paid for.i have worked a long time sometimes two jobs makes me sick.the welfare and then oh yeah by the way let me build you a house.why not help the ones who have always worked paid taxes and do to a decline in their jobs need help to keep their homes.most of these peeps have had good ole hud now a house.wtf
cjrian

Denver, CO

#4 Aug 4, 2012
willy wrote:
i say help me with the home i paid for.i have worked a long time sometimes two jobs makes me sick.the welfare and then oh yeah by the way let me build you a house.why not help the ones who have always worked paid taxes and do to a decline in their jobs need help to keep their homes.most of these peeps have had good ole hud now a house.wtf
Soooo, you've busted butt to do the right thing?
You've paid your taxes?

You get NO help
From each according to his ability - or something like that
For that matter, if you've got that much energy, you get to pay for the self-imposed "disability" of alcoholism and drug users
You get to pay for children with John Doe Dads
You get to pay (multiple times) for a Defense Dept that pays up to $424 per gallon for fuel, for a GOA (Federal Financial Watchdogs) to have $$$Million Plus seminars, for a Government that bilols you, now and forever into the future, for Californis Desert Train from nowhere to nowhere.

Obviously, you don't get the concept.
You are capable of working two (or three) jobs, while Doped-up Dan cannot summon the wherewithall to stumble up to the welfare office. Who are you to upset the gravy train?
Get back to work, you ungrateful peon!
Be glad you can do so much while others will not!
blaster

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Aug 4, 2012
Must be a lot of crackheads in wv, obama supporters
obarry

Beckley, WV

#6 Aug 4, 2012
blaster wrote:
Eh, thats alright, Richmond got over a million from Hud just to renovate an old hotel. wonder how many crack addicts they will stuff in that?
Roy Zimmerman

Charleston, WV

#7 Aug 5, 2012
blaster wrote:
there is for sure
pathetic

Hollywood, FL

#8 Aug 5, 2012
I think it's BS!!! Lazy a** people need to get a job like the rest of us and pay their own way! I know a lady that has lived on HUD for 11 years!!! How in the he11 can u do that?
save sum money

West Mifflin, PA

#9 Aug 5, 2012
AND JUST THINK, all these freebies of lbj great society programs,are over 45 years old..THATS A HELLAVA LOT OF MONEY..THE 50 NANNY STATES ARE THE PRODUCT OF a washington NANNY MENTALITY.and more like a mofia style shakedown.or NATIONAL FIRE INSURANCE

Level 4

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10 Aug 6, 2012
pathetic wrote:
I think it's BS!!! Lazy a** people need to get a job like the rest of us and pay their own way! I know a lady that has lived on HUD for 11 years!!! How in the he11 can u do that?
Hell, my sisiter-in-law has been on HUD for almost 20years, she got accepted in October 1992, and bi*ches when her rent gets lowered, because if she pays less, she will get less foodstamps...that means she has to spend money on food...can you imagine that...She Has To Spend Money On FOOD!...it should be illegal, lol. Her fridge is stuffed to the gills, mean while, I can never keep milk in mine.
willy

Huntington, WV

#11 Aug 6, 2012
Stop the madness2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, my sisiter-in-law has been on HUD for almost 20years, she got accepted in October 1992, and bi*ches when her rent gets lowered, because if she pays less, she will get less foodstamps...that means she has to spend money on food...can you imagine that...She Has To Spend Money On FOOD!...it should be illegal, lol. Her fridge is stuffed to the gills, mean while, I can never keep milk in mine.
we as taxpayers need to stop the madness from these bloodsuckers.enough is enough.hud should be a temporary thing.then build a house for you?bs
save sum money

West Mifflin, PA

#12 Aug 9, 2012
a million here, a million there 45 years later $16,000,000,000,000 "lost"......fairy housing here ,fairy housing there .so today we have $250,000 hud fair housing ,and forclosures for everyone else. affordable housing here, fair housing there.while everybody else RENTS their house from the county. the only thing fair about housing is its OUTRAGEOUS COSTS.
pathetic

New York, NY

#13 Aug 9, 2012
Stop the madness2 wrote:
<quoted text>Hell, my sisiter-in-law has been on HUD for almost 20years, she got accepted in October 1992, and bi*ches when her rent gets lowered, because if she pays less, she will get less foodstamps...that means she has to spend money on food...can you imagine that...She Has To Spend Money On FOOD!...it should be illegal, lol. Her fridge is stuffed to the gills, mean while, I can never keep milk in mine.
I hear ya!!! Amen! It pi$$es me off too!!!
D Hatfield

Belfry, KY

#14 Aug 9, 2012
Ok so we stop giving them a check. This means they cannot afford to be doped up. That would mean they are awake and looking for a way to get money without having to work for it. What do they do? Some sell dope, some sell their bodies, but most of them steal from those of us who are working. We have to work so we are not home to protect our house 24/7. It is a catch 22 for us. Either way we lose. So do we go to work with some peace of mind knowing the dope heads are so high, they are not able to rob our homes, or do we quit our jobs so we can protect hour home?
carrina

Catlettsburg, KY

#15 Nov 23, 2012
cjrian wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, you've busted butt to do the right thing?
You've paid your taxes?
You get NO help
From each according to his ability - or something like that
For that matter, if you've got that much energy, you get to pay for the self-imposed "disability" of alcoholism and drug users
You get to pay for children with John Doe Dads
You get to pay (multiple times) for a Defense Dept that pays up to $424 per gallon for fuel, for a GOA (Federal Financial Watchdogs) to have $$$Million Plus seminars, for a Government that bilols you, now and forever into the future, for Californis Desert Train from nowhere to nowhere.
Obviously, you don't get the concept.
You are capable of working two (or three) jobs, while Doped-up Dan cannot summon the wherewithall to stumble up to the welfare office. Who are you to upset the gravy train?
Get back to work, you ungrateful peon!
Be glad you can do so much while others will not!
hey there is actually programs for ppl who have homes already even if you are above poverty level. you can just go to the huntington housing authority website

Level 4

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#16 Nov 23, 2012
More people would have to work, if it wasn't for all this hud crap, They live better than most working people in WV. ( if they want too ) Makes me sick
Level 3

Location hidden

#17 Jul 12, 2013
What makes me sick is NOT the HUD but the people who abuse it!!! that is what makes me want to vomit! Our goverments has these programs for everyone who may need them in hard times yet somehow these people who don't care pop out babies do drugs deal drugs don't want to educate them selfs or work etc. get it ALL and the people working jobs and/or people who really need the help sit empty handed because we do the RIGHT thing and those who abuse the system have it ALL!
barf!
Level 3

Location hidden

#18 Jul 12, 2013
D Hatfield wrote:
Ok so we stop giving them a check. This means they cannot afford to be doped up. That would mean they are awake and looking for a way to get money without having to work for it. What do they do? Some sell dope, some sell their bodies, but most of them steal from those of us who are working. We have to work so we are not home to protect our house 24/7. It is a catch 22 for us. Either way we lose. So do we go to work with some peace of mind knowing the dope heads are so high, they are not able to rob our homes, or do we quit our jobs so we can protect hour home?
I agree!
Also, those of us who are truly disabled and/or elderly who've worked and paid into the system lay in bed at night or day due to our illness(s) disability scared and keep getting up which takes a lot to check around the house we rent (not on HUD) and make sure the dope heads aren't breaking in, which in the long run causes more pain and we may have to take an extra pain pill and guess what - those of us who take our pain meds as prescribed for a real & true illness don't get a gallon a day of them we don't get another extra like the pill heads we have to suffer in pain because we had to take it to do an extra task, we abide the law and wait till our next refill is due, it's the pill heads who mess-up us disabled and elderly sick people and makes our dr.'s paranoid to prescribe you much medication to last you through a month because of the dope heads screwing up the whole system!!!! they sale ther pain meds etc. and dr. shop and get tons and those of us who are truly in pain lay in pain because of u damn junkies! Go get clean and live because you could end up with a disability a disease/ illness where you will see u r taking you're life for granted and messing up other's indirectly and directly. Quit messing up the system designed to help those in real need.
Level 3

Location hidden

#19 Jul 16, 2013
..Also... Yes, again, Dope heads don't have it That hard... sheet... Most can't even stay clean at the methodone clinic moreless make it past a day or week in rehab! Whereas, ill ppl have to tough it out and we don't sweat out our pain it's there for life and some most of it.
hello

Richmond, VA

#20 Jul 16, 2013
All you cry babies out there. have to work for everything. i say thank you. i love it. welfare is awesome. all i do is knock up a few girls get them into low income and im set. have 3 cribs to party at when i want!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black and $200 Jordans 7 min wop 29
amanda pettyjohn 41 min shelter in place 2
kkk 1 hr Tired 6
Del Boca Vista Bowl is tonight 1 hr Dr Smartypants 23
nikki coughenour 1 hr hahaha 48
Jenny Dempsey lil ceasers 1 hr hahaha 1
I Love Huntington 1 hr Observer 10
Huntington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:56 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports12:56PM
Youth movement fueling Pittsburgh turnaround
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 3:49 AM
Breaking Down Steelers' Game Plan vs. Bengals
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NBC Sports 7:47 AM
Le'Veon Bell: It's "pick your poison" against Steelers offense