Comments
61 - 80 of 103 Comments Last updated Jul 18, 2013
agree yet disagree

New Castle, PA

#66 Jul 8, 2013
Derper wrote:
<quoted text>
If you aren't faking it, you are almost completely illiterate. For the past thirty years, WV public schools have done their part to screw up kids like you. They haven't done you any favors. Let me guess...you grew up being rewarded in class for just sitting still, didn't you? My kids had to go to school with kids like that. Usually, their parents were pure trash. Sad but true.
Your teachers just wanted to put their efforts into kids that they felt had a better chance than you. So instead of teaching you how to read and write, they just trained you like a dog...you got a treat for not making a mess or disrupting the others. If that didn't work, they put you in rooms with others like you.
I'm not saying that's right. But is the way life really works. And now that you are an adult, you've been conditioned to think that you can talk to anyone about anything. Now you get rewards from the government. You never had a chance to take any pride in yourself or your accomplishments. I think you believe that if the baby is taken from the mother, the child will be "losing out" on benefits. You poor, pitiful thing, you don't know any other kind of life, do you?
Seriously, understand this...I can tell by the way you communicate that you are so severely limited that...your thoughts don't count. Sorry. Grown up world now, responsible, bill-paying adults are talking. I really mean this...I wish you could have had a better life, because you were a child once. It's sad. But now it's too late, and you've been completely marginalized. There are far too many of you in WV. I would have had sympathy for you when you were a child, but now it's obvious you enjoy the lowest class of life you can find. Pitiful.
reading all of these comments, I have came to the conclusion that many people are hypocrites. you bash a person for saying things through "fake names", yet we are all voicing an opinion through our wonderful internet. you can be whoever you wish to be. a working class, opinionated snob or an overeducated slob praying on others faults. I'm not saying what this girl did is right, by any means. my message is not meant that way. I just wish people would realize to think like an addict, you have had to have been there. not go through this with someone, not have it in your family, its in all of our backyards. until you have slapped the belt around your arm and paid the devil with your soul, you have no idea where that life can take you. and before you start with "no, BC I would never be a junkie in the first place!" understandable! no one wants to be a junkie. I have no empathy or sympathy for an addict, but I have been one myself. I've drug myself through the trenches, and came out the person I was meant to be, and the person I always had been, but that the drug and my choices alone were hiding. that girl was not thinking of her baby, and I couldn't be more impressed that her child is, hopefully, safe now. but until you have walked those shoes of shame, your opinions are as irrelevant as the post from sesame streets reject child. this girl is a piece of shit, all junkies are, as was myself at that stage. and she and the others will continue to be pieces of shit until they get the will power to give it up. but those of you who can sit here and criticize tree hugging hippies for wanting to help them, you are pieces of shit too my friend. atleast they are taking a stand and fighting for what they think is right. evaluate yourself! fight for what you believe in. BC I highly doubt pushing your beliefs and opinions down Americas throat through topix, classifies you as an upstanding citizen trying to make a difference. if you want to change the would, first you need to change yourselves.
agree yet disagree

New Castle, PA

#67 Jul 8, 2013
world** also, this post was not meant just for you Derper. it would not let me post without replying to a comment, and yours had to be the most entertaining.
2 posts removed
stupid

Charleston, WV

#70 Jul 8, 2013
Druggies kill me! They all need major help.
granny

Huntington, WV

#71 Jul 8, 2013
The baby was born with drugs in her system I know for a fact. She is not in state custody but is being taken care of very well. The girl has a problem I hope she gets the help that she needs maybe being in jail will help, who knows because I sure do not. I have never been in this situation all I can do is pray for the family
Really

Summersville, WV

#72 Jul 8, 2013
You are an X addict huh? Once an addict always an addict even if in recovery so you must have just been a abuser. For all of you that dont know. Addiction is a REAL MEDICAL CONDITION. It is considered a DISEASE compared to diabetics. It does'nt make you a bad person. You made bad decisions but are not a bad person. Unless you have walked in the shoe's of an addict you have no right to judge, really there is only one judge and he does not reside here on earth. Not some a**hole who has nothing better to do than run there mouth about something they have no clue what its about. It is'nt the easiest thing to get treatment either. Rehabs are full and if you dont have medical coverage good help could be out of reach. Yet there is programs spounsered by chairity those are the ones full and a lengthy wait to get into. Even with help addiction is not cured over night. It is a life long struggle and if you was a addict you of all people would understand that. Though I agree there should be punishment for putting her child in danger in that situation. It was wrong. Hopefully this will be her bottom and wake up call so she can begin to recover. Sadly again it will be a fight for the rest of her life and sadly only the strong willed will make it. There is no cure for addiction. With help though an addicts life can begin to change. Though it does not happen over night. You people have no right to judge someone about something you have no clue about. You have never stood in her shoes so you cannot begin to imagine her life and reasoning not excuses. There is no excuse. Its just a sad sad fact. For those who didnt know. Addictions is the cause of your brain being chemically changed. Many chemicals stop producing properly when you use and when suddly stopped using drugs you go through withdrawl and feel horrible and need the next use just to feel normal. Not to get high anymore. At first its a high then its a must have to function normally without not being able to sleep, throwing up, diarhea, skin crawlers, shivers and shakes, sweats and cold chills, being dope sick is like the flu x 1000 plus not being able to sleep it off. Though comming off of herion cannot kill you it makes you wish you were dead and other drugs like nerve pills and alcohol can really kill you. I dont feel sorry for this girl because every addict has to hit there own bottom in order to be able to recover, however I do understand addiction. She never meant to put her child in danger I'm sure and if she knew that would happen I'm sure she would have did it different. Before you go and put your opinion out there calling people a POS, trash etc anything else a drug addict has been labled, you need to get the facts. You dont know anything about it obviously and have no right judging someone you know nothing about other than what the media has told. Is your life so sad that you have to pick out people to pick on? Any addict would no that addiction is a life long fight and that relapse is a part of recovery and in order to be able to begin to recover you must hit your bottom and have the will power to deside your done. If you are an addict like you say... didnt you listen at any of the meetings or was you to good of successful addict to attend such things? SMH
momma wrote:
<quoted text>
A good person huh? I don't care what freaking excuse someone has for being a junkie...guess what, we ALL HAVE HAD ROUGH LIVES! I'm an ex addict & I never used the excuse "oh poor me, I've had it tough, look over me'. I took great shame in my addiction & got help & didn't make excuses.....that's why people continue to use, becuz people like you continue to make excuses for them...
F'ing pathetic...good person?!? I can't believe you had the balls to even say that..! Good people dont shoot up in public bathrooms, passing out leaving their baby just sitting there!!!
With the mood I'm in, I wish I knew who you were so I could smack the sh:t outta you...probably an addict yourself.
SMH
BeenThereToo

Summersville, WV

#73 Jul 8, 2013
I was reading your post and was going to say I couldn't have said it better myself until I got to the part where you said this girl and yourself at that stage was a POS and trash. I dont agree with that. I too am a recovering addict and know what it is like to walk in the shoes of shame as you say but I never considered myself a POS. I was lost in my addiction making bad choices. I did walk in the depths of hell on my own choice because of my addiction but that didnt make me trash. I was simply caught up in my addiction lost within it, needing to find my bottom so I could begin to dig myself out from there and begin to heal. You yourself should know reasoning for using. It was a way to cope with life on our terms until blessingly we found a new way with out using. Not excuses cause there isnt any though as an addict we sure did find many until we no longer needed an excuse to use. We dont know her story we only know ours we can relate 100% though and maybe that was her bottom. I hope for hers and her familys sake. Aas far as my original point you should have considered yourself and so many others who have been there and are still there simply as weak, struggleing, lost souls.
agree yet disagree wrote:
world** also, this post was not meant just for you Derper. it would not let me post without replying to a comment, and yours had to be the most entertaining.
sickening

Charleston, WV

#74 Jul 8, 2013
These girls having all the babies born with drugs in their system should be charged with attempted murder. Maybe if there were actually a consequence for the behavior, something would change.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#75 Jul 8, 2013
Really wrote:
You are an X addict huh? Once an addict always an addict even if in recovery so you must have just been a abuser. For all of you that dont know. Addiction is a REAL MEDICAL CONDITION. It is considered a DISEASE compared to diabetics.
<quoted text>
You are not well informed on science and medicine. You don't reason well. You are aggressive, obnoxious and frankly, stupid.

I stand by every word I've said previously. Trash like you have all the sympathy in the world for an adult who made a conscious decision to stick a needle in their arm that FIRST time. But no empathy at all for innocent little children, who seem to have been put on earth to suffer with this kind of sub-human garbage.

It's not as if Huntington junkies just arrived here from another planet, knowing nothing about drugs. Stop being so stupid. They were inundated all through their lives with anti-drug campaigns and info. There are free libraries and internet for facts about drug abuse.

Suck it up...there are people who do not give two shitz about another living soul, only getting high. We've all known them. F'em. I've had my fill, and Huntington needs to sweep these trashy streets.
Paws

Huntington, WV

#76 Jul 8, 2013
I'm sick of this "addiction is a disease" garbage. It isn't. You don't catch addiction you CHOOSE to do drugs, which leads to addiction. People don't choose to develop cancer. People don't choose to get MS. Weak minded trash looking for a good time choose to get high. I'm sure no one forced her to stick a needle in her arm. She choose that lifestyle. And now her innocent baby is paying for her stupid, selfish choices. I don't feel sorry for any junkie. It's pretty easy not to become one. DON'T DO DRUGS!
Paws

Huntington, WV

#77 Jul 8, 2013
I hope she's miserable being dope sick in jail. I hope she craps her pants every time she blinks. She deserves to spend the rest of her life dope sick for using drugs while she was pregnant.
blank

Alexandria, VA

#78 Jul 8, 2013
Thats an incredibly sad story
NAM

Huntington, WV

#79 Jul 8, 2013
The education that was offered when I was in school on drugs was a concept including only JUST SAY NO and mainly focused on POT and hardly nothing more. I never heard of herion in school or what alcohol could cause.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#80 Jul 9, 2013
NAM wrote:
The education that was offered when I was in school on drugs was a concept including only JUST SAY NO and mainly focused on POT and hardly nothing more. I never heard of herion in school or what alcohol could cause.
I don't know your age, but the "mother" in question was probably in school in the 90s. Maybe even later. So she had full access to a public library, very likely the internet, and was surely made to sit in a class and watch as all kinds of anti-drug programs were presented.

I'm older. I don't remember having a single anti-drug message EVER in school. But of course, we all knew who the burnouts were. Just looking at them was enough to smarten me up.
is this a joke

Coraopolis, PA

#81 Jul 9, 2013
whatever wrote:
She needs the absolute $hit beat out of her & then sent to jail. Rehab my a$$. Make it tough & something she won't forget.
so... beat the $hit out of her. brilliant. lock them up?!?... wth!!! i dont pay taxes for that type of bs.

what is all this she's a good/bad person?? this "kayla" is not "kayla" at all... those arent "kaylas" actions. thats kaylas addiction.

take the baby. hand the girl her needles til she's ready for rehab... if she lives that long. survival of the fittest.... she wasnt that sharp to begin with or she would've nvr picked up that needle.
So sad

United States

#82 Jul 9, 2013
Very sad story and crazy i would of never thought she get hooked on dope..smh
Anon

Huntington, WV

#83 Jul 9, 2013
Derper wrote:
<quoted text>You are not well informed on science and medicine. You don't reason well. You are aggressive, obnoxious and frankly, stupid.

I stand by every word I've said previously. Trash like you have all the sympathy in the world for an adult who made a conscious decision to stick a needle in their arm that FIRST time. But no empathy at all for innocent little children, who seem to have been put on earth to suffer with this kind of sub-human garbage.

It's not as if Huntington junkies just arrived here from another planet, knowing nothing about drugs. Stop being so stupid. They were inundated all through their lives with anti-drug campaigns and info. There are free libraries and internet for facts about drug abuse.

Suck it up...there are people who do not give two shitz about another living soul, only getting high. We've all known them. F'em. I've had my fill, and Huntington needs to sweep these trashy streets.
Amen. Couldn't agree more. It's not a disease and I'm sick if people using that excuse.
Anon

Huntington, WV

#84 Jul 9, 2013
Paws wrote:
I'm sick of this "addiction is a disease" garbage. It isn't. You don't catch addiction you CHOOSE to do drugs, which leads to addiction. People don't choose to develop cancer. People don't choose to get MS. Weak minded trash looking for a good time choose to get high. I'm sure no one forced her to stick a needle in her arm. She choose that lifestyle. And now her innocent baby is paying for her stupid, selfish choices. I don't feel sorry for any junkie. It's pretty easy not to become one. DON'T DO DRUGS!
Absolutely agree!!!!
Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#85 Jul 9, 2013
An addict shopping in Foodfair?? She must have been to high to notice the high prices lol.
MBA

Chesapeake, OH

#86 Jul 10, 2013
GYM TEACHER wrote:
An addict shopping in Foodfair?? She must have been to high to notice the high prices lol.
Too, not to. You are an idiot.
Zaphod

Mount Lookout, WV

#87 Jul 10, 2013
Addiction is a disease. Just like homosexuality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
herd football 2014 5 min smfh 50
March 2014 Dish Network Referral Codes - $50 an... 6 min dish for everyone 84
Last Post Wins! (Jan '11) 11 min honeymylove 3,177
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 11 min Mgtn Res 57,191
Why are Muslims so violent? 14 min Cell tower hum 17
Trooper roach 22 min Haha 2
prostitutes 1 hr tit lover 11
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Huntington People Search