anyone think thicker is the new thin
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Derper

Huntington, WV

#22 Sep 10, 2013
I have sympathy for obese people, and I understand sometimes it's due to medicine or what have you.

But I do have a serious problem (like slim chick said) with seeing so much exposed fat. It IS gross. Just wear clothes that are the right SIZE for pity's sake. Both men and women, y'all need to do this.

Most women hang onto a couple of "fat outfits" for when they've gained, and a pair of "skinny jeans" for those thinner times, but I think the real problem we are seeing is that obese people seem to have just stopped buying clothes and are wearing what they had purchased three sizes ago. Perhaps they think they can't afford a new wardrobe. I would rather see someone's fat covered up with a cheap shirt than hanging out the bottom of a more expensive one.

If people around here would dress to their honest size, Huntington would sure be a lot easier on the eyes.

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Front Royal, VA

#23 Sep 10, 2013
Lycan wrote:
<quoted text>
I call bs.
"all types of women and REASONS WHY"??? There is one reason why. Poor diet and lack of excercise. In short... Self Discipline.
There is no medical "illness" or "deficeincy" that allows a human to exist without burning calories. I`ll back you up and anyone else who agrees it`s harder for some then it is for others, but it comes down to caloric intake and seditary vs active lifestyles. Maybe some fat obese windbag has complications that was brought on from being a fat obese windbag, but the formula is still present... Self discipline.
Blaming a 300lb loser on medical reasons makes me question your medical knowledge and experience.
You have no idea what you are talking about. All people have genetically different metabolic rates. One in three have thyroids who do not operate within normal parameters, some of those dont manifest themselves in weight gain, some do. Then there are the millions who cannot walk or have other issues like birth defects, skeletal issues, MS, MD, or injury who simply cannot exercise. Are you going to go up to one of those people and tell them to get "self discipline?" You need to go to the NASCAR or hunting forums where your hillbilly ass would be more at place, better yet, just STFU!
hot fit chick

Chesapeake, OH

#24 Sep 10, 2013
nohalgerg wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what you are talking about. All people have genetically different metabolic rates. One in three have thyroids who do not operate within normal parameters, some of those dont manifest themselves in weight gain, some do. Then there are the millions who cannot walk or have other issues like birth defects, skeletal issues, MS, MD, or injury who simply cannot exercise. Are you going to go up to one of those people and tell them to get "self discipline?" You need to go to the NASCAR or hunting forums where your hillbilly ass would be more at place, better yet, just STFU!
All those scenarios may cause you to have to work harder at being healthy but no excuse for obesity! You aren't curvy.
WaterHead

Huntington, WV

#25 Sep 10, 2013
What about the men??I see a lot of overweight men who do the same thing.Dress nice,drive a nice car or truck,have a good job and take pride in it. Yet they are overweight..Try bashing them for awhile
samari

Huntington, WV

#26 Sep 10, 2013
I think a bigger problem is woman starving themselves and taking drugs to keep from gaining weight.

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Front Royal, VA

#27 Sep 10, 2013
hot fit chick wrote:
<quoted text>
All those scenarios may cause you to have to work harder at being healthy but no excuse for obesity! You aren't curvy.
Obviously you just an idiot troll. STFU!
Lycan

Huntington, IN

#28 Sep 10, 2013
nohalgerg wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what you are talking about. All people have genetically different metabolic rates. One in three have thyroids who do not operate within normal parameters, some of those dont manifest themselves in weight gain, some do. Then there are the millions who cannot walk or have other issues like birth defects, skeletal issues, MS, MD, or injury who simply cannot exercise. Are you going to go up to one of those people and tell them to get "self discipline?" You need to go to the NASCAR or hunting forums where your hillbilly ass would be more at place, better yet, just STFU!
Agian, makes me question your medical knowledge. There is no medical illness or deficiency,skeletal issues, ms, md, or birth defect causes you to be obese? Obesity is caused by caloric intake and lack of exercise. All you did is list (valid) reasons why one can`t exercise and you`re trying to use it as a blanket general excuse.
Lycan

Huntington, IN

#29 Sep 10, 2013
WaterHead wrote:
What about the men??I see a lot of overweight men who do the same thing.Dress nice,drive a nice car or truck,have a good job and take pride in it. Yet they are overweight..Try bashing them for awhile
Obese is obese.
dude

Huntington, WV

#30 Sep 10, 2013
Listen people. Only about 1% of obese people are that way due to medical reasons. We're not talking about those people in wheelchairs or other serious medical issues. Again that number is small. In this area it's because of too many fast food restaurants and upbringing. Not enough parks or outdoor activities. Hell Huntington doesn't even have a public pool anymore. There is really nothing to get kids outdoors. We use to have Firefox resort but it closed down this year. Guess the city or state couldn't blow money for something that actually benefits our kids. Fat people are fat because of poor diet and exercise. PERIOD!!
ook

United States

#31 Sep 10, 2013
Lycan wrote:
<quoted text>
I call bs.
"all types of women and REASONS WHY"??? There is one reason why. Poor diet and lack of excercise. In short... Self Discipline.
There is no medical "illness" or "deficeincy" that allows a human to exist without burning calories. I`ll back you up and anyone else who agrees it`s harder for some then it is for others, but it comes down to caloric intake and seditary vs active lifestyles. Maybe some fat obese windbag has complications that was brought on from being a fat obese windbag, but the formula is still present... Self discipline.
Blaming a 300lb loser on medical reasons makes me question your medical knowledge and experience.
And you have a degree in...bullshit it sounds like.. its proven a side effect of birth control also causes people to be over weight..as well as certain medications such as depression meds. Like zoloft. My sister was on birth control and she gained 20 lbs , got off it and immediately lost it. Just like I take topamax and it has a side effect of weigh loss. And I have lost 30 lbs.. people are different. Quit judging..women are different than men as well!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Overdoses 4 min EdwardWayneWaling... 92
for black people 3 5 min EdwardWayneWaling... 144
Huntington is the pit of hell 13 min scent 62
Tri state pawn downtown 23 min pawney 7
East end break-ins 42 min Timmy Holly 52
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr The Last Warrior ... 1,480
Bring segregation back to America! 1 hr in the key of life 9

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance