What doctor treats ADHD for adults

Posted in the Huntington Forum

info

United States

#1 Dec 10, 2013
I am new to Huntington and need a new physician to help me with my ADHD and Bipolar disorder can anyone suggest a physician? Please don't put negative comments I have struggled for half my life and once diagnosed I'm able to keep a job and take care of my family.
I think

Tampa, FL

#2 Dec 11, 2013
info wrote:
I am new to Huntington and need a new physician to help me with my ADHD and Bipolar disorder can anyone suggest a physician? Please don't put negative comments I have struggled for half my life and once diagnosed I'm able to keep a job and take care of my family.
Dr Bobby Miller with Forensic Science on 6th avenue in huntington treats ADHD adult patients and as far as ur bipolar; he may be able to refer you to someone. I've heard dr humphreys in barboursville is a good psych doc but I've never dealt with him personally. Good luck in ur search :)
info

United States

#3 Dec 12, 2013
Dr Miller is no longer seeing patients any other ideas?
mr mister

Huntington, WV

#4 Dec 12, 2013
info wrote:
Dr Miller is no longer seeing patients any other ideas?
You will need proof you are ADHD. Like recent testing. Try Prestera
billy the kid

Ripley, WV

#5 Dec 12, 2013
is this how your going to get your crazy check'there on to this scam now' try onther.go in there peting a dog thats not there call it blue' that might work yw
Tid Bit

Louisville, KY

#6 Dec 12, 2013
mr mister wrote:
<quoted text>
You will need proof you are ADHD. Like recent testing. Try Prestera
I don't want drugs
mr mister

Huntington, WV

#7 Dec 12, 2013
Tid Bit wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want drugs
Therapy alone? Try a psychologist or Lpc
psych o babble

Chesapeake, OH

#8 Dec 13, 2013
If you are ADHD , you will need Adderal. It is not for BiPolar Disorder.
Psychiatrist are very cautious about handing out adhd meds. You have to be tested by a psychologist first to see if you are truly adhd. Once they determine you are, the psych doc writes the script for 30 days only and you must have the handwritten script to take to pharmacy. No call ins.

Many druggies use Adderal and that has given it a bad wrap. Not saying you are. It works if you are truly in need.

Try Prestera, Valley Health has a psychiatrist now, and any other psychiatric facility.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous

Charleston, WV

#9 Apr 4, 2014
This is a very hard place to live if you have ADHD, im experience. I moved here from another state and it's been really tough, every medical provider, nurse, etc., looks at you like you're an addict. Also, there are not enough psychiatrists available, so it can take months to get an appointment.
Dr Ahmett Ozturk

Kenova, WV

#10 Apr 4, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
This is a very hard place to live if you have ADHD, im experience. I moved here from another state and it's been really tough, every medical provider, nurse, etc., looks at you like you're an addict. Also, there are not enough psychiatrists available, so it can take months to get an appointment.
i will fix the0 or 60 shots in the lower back little buttes and give them 5
1 post removed
Anonymous

South Point, OH

#12 May 5, 2014
I would try googling behavioral health clinics in your area. I would NOT recommend prestara. I had an appointment there for the same reason as you, I have add and went and waited for hours but my doctor never showed up. That place is a joke. Good luck to you on your search.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POWER LINEMEN need to step it up ASAP today 3 min Love my lineman 21
Topix Moderator 6 min lol 15
signs of a broken bone in ankle (Jun '11) 8 min pike 30
If you know Ryan Earl.. (May '12) 17 min An old friend 22
heather marie jackson 2 hr johnylewis 1
enough with the latest greatest makeup skincare... 2 hr debbie 1
question 4 hr curious 1

Flood Warning for Cabell County was issued at March 06 at 6:09PM EST

Huntington Dating
Find my Match