peanut allergy discrimination
UareIdiots

United States

#138 Aug 28, 2013
[QUOTE who="well hmmm."]<quoted text>
Who said I hated kids? It was just an absurd joke poking fun at the rest of the absurdity on this thread. You are a dumb azz.
And why haven't you answered Derpers question, if you know so much about peanut allergies?[/QUOTE]

I did answer them. Read again
nunya

Nashville, TN

#139 Aug 29, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>Parents can monitor it better at home. Get it now, douche?
No, I sure don't. The fact that you think most parents monitor anything in your little meth-hood is rather laughable.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#140 Aug 29, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you don't have kids if you think more than half of them in this area have been taught how to properly wash themselves. You probably should just keep your trap shut and let your betters make the decisions.
Read much? It wasn't me that suggested that. I know better.
Whatever

Ona, WV

#141 Aug 29, 2013
I bet zaphod has peanut allergies.
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#142 Aug 29, 2013
Whatever wrote:
I bet zaphod has peanut allergies.
Ok... and what if they do? Not saying they do, because I don't have a clue if they do or not, but you people act like it's the plague.
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#143 Aug 29, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I sure don't. The fact that you think most parents monitor anything in your little meth-hood is rather laughable.
Where I'm from, parents do monitor their children. Meth-hood? What does that even mean? Not all of us are up to date on your gangsta lingo. So I want to protect my child from dying from Anaphylaxis and that sounds to you like I live in the hood?? I do not live in the hood. I have a job and a career, own my own home in a very nice area. It's just funny that the mentality that people have is if someone posts in a Huntington forum, they automatically think they live in a 'hood. That, my friend, is laughable.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#144 Aug 29, 2013
Okay, here's a thought....why is it that kids with these allergies all seem to come from upper-middle class families in very nice neighborhoods? As UareIdiots was so quick to point out, she is an upper middle class, successful parent.

Has anyone ever heard of a kid from the "hood" with these peanut allergies? It makes me think of anorexia...you never hear of poor girls having that problem. It always seems to be wealthier, white girls. What about this allergy? Is it also an upper-middle class, white issue?

I'd like to see the research on that.
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#145 Aug 29, 2013
Derper wrote:
Okay, here's a thought....why is it that kids with these allergies all seem to come from upper-middle class families in very nice neighborhoods? As UareIdiots was so quick to point out, she is an upper middle class, successful parent.
Has anyone ever heard of a kid from the "hood" with these peanut allergies? It makes me think of anorexia...you never hear of poor girls having that problem. It always seems to be wealthier, white girls. What about this allergy? Is it also an upper-middle class, white issue?
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) has reported that approximately one in 90 people in the United States have a tree nut and/or peanut allergy. I seriously doubt that this allergy chooses upper middle class kids to attack. And I was not quick to point out anything. I have been on this topic for the last few days and that is the first time I said anything about what "class" I am in and that was only because someone referred to me living in a "meth-hood" My son's peanut allergy was found when he was 1 year old...at that time I was a college student making minimum wage, so that blows that theory out the window.
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#146 Aug 29, 2013
Derper wrote:
And I never referred to myself as "upper-middle class," you labeled me that. I said I have a job and a career and own my own home. I do ok, nothing extravagant. Still mostly living paycheck to paycheck like everyone else...just manage it to where I can make a good life for my kids. He goes to a public school. I did not make the rule about not allowing peanuts at school. Even if it is kept out of schools, we still worry about outside of the school activities such as parties, banquets...anywhere there is food. He doesn't eat anything that someone made homemade bc of the possible peanut exposure. He lives a normal life, we just have to pay closer attention to things that others take for granted. People just make such a damn big deal about stuff that none of us can control. I understand why some schools made the policy bc we live with this every day.

The people on this board would feel much differently if they saw their kid choking, gasping for air, turning blue, being rushed to the hospital bc he ingested a peanut product before we knew of his allergy. I thought he was going to die. So yea, that trumps the fact that another kid wants to bring PB product to school.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#147 Aug 29, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
And I never referred to myself as "upper-middle class," you labeled me that. I said I have a job and a career and own my own home. I do ok, nothing extravagant. Still mostly living paycheck to paycheck like everyone else...just manage it to where I can make a good life for my kids. He goes to a public school. I did not make the rule about not allowing peanuts at school. Even if it is kept out of schools, we still worry about outside of the school activities such as parties, banquets...anywhere there is food. He doesn't eat anything that someone made homemade bc of the possible peanut exposure. He lives a normal life, we just have to pay closer attention to things that others take for granted. People just make such a damn big deal about stuff that none of us can control. I understand why some schools made the policy bc we live with this every day.
The people on this board would feel much differently if they saw their kid choking, gasping for air, turning blue, being rushed to the hospital bc he ingested a peanut product before we knew of his allergy. I thought he was going to die. So yea, that trumps the fact that another kid wants to bring PB product to school.
Dial it back a notch, I'm just trying to take part in the discussion, and learn things. I really do wonder about the research on the socio-economic aspect of this allergy. To a laymen like me, it DOES seem to strike upper-middle class kids in far disproportionate numbers. Would you disagree?

I, too, own my own home. Free and clear. Yay for us! Because of my assets and no debt and general satisfaction level, I consider myself upper middle class. Don't be ashamed of being successful. The "hand to mouth" spiel makes you look like new money. No one wants that.:)

I'm really serious...I've never heard of a kid raised on WIC or food stamps having this allergy. Am I wrong?
nunya

United States

#148 Aug 29, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>Where I'm from, parents do monitor their children. Meth-hood? What does that even mean? Not all of us are up to date on your gangsta lingo. So I want to protect my child from dying from Anaphylaxis and that sounds to you like I live in the hood?? I do not live in the hood. I have a job and a career, own my own home in a very nice area. It's just funny that the mentality that people have is if someone posts in a Huntington forum, they automatically think they live in a 'hood. That, my friend, is laughable.
I think it's funny that you don't think you live in the hood!!
nunya

United States

#149 Aug 29, 2013
Derper wrote:
<quoted text>Dial it back a notch, I'm just trying to take part in the discussion, and learn things. I really do wonder about the research on the socio-economic aspect of this allergy. To a laymen like me, it DOES seem to strike upper-middle class kids in far disproportionate numbers. Would you disagree?

I, too, own my own home. Free and clear. Yay for us! Because of my assets and no debt and general satisfaction level, I consider myself upper middle class. Don't be ashamed of being successful. The "hand to mouth" spiel makes you look like new money. No one wants that.:)

I'm really serious...I've never heard of a kid raised on WIC or food stamps having this allergy. Am I wrong?
They probably have it as much as anyone else. They just don't mount a cross to martyr themselves over a damn peanut allergy like Ms. Dingaling over here.
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#150 Aug 29, 2013
Derper wrote:
<quoted text>
Dial it back a notch, I'm just trying to take part in the discussion, and learn things. I really do wonder about the research on the socio-economic aspect of this allergy. To a laymen like me, it DOES seem to strike upper-middle class kids in far disproportionate numbers. Would you disagree?
I don't consider myself upper-middle. Maybe lower-middle?? lol But, I do think that how we grow up and our limited or abundance choices of foods do make us susceptible to illness, disease, growth issues and allergies. So I do see your point in the socio-economic aspect of things. I can only speak for my situation. My son was not raised on WIC and I don't know many people who are on it so I can't say whether or not those kids have some sort of food allergy or not. Would be interesting to look into though.

I always wondered when does the allergy begin? As I stated before, my son almost died at the age of 1, bc I let him try a tiny piece of PB cracker. That was the first time I had ever given it to him, but up to that point, I hadn't found that he was allergic to any other foods. The whole time I was pregnant, all I wanted was PB&J. I ate that for probably 6 months straight, no lie. So it didn't affect him by me eating it while he was in the womb, so did it come about right after birth?? At 6 months? It was definitely there at 1 year, so I have just always wondered when and how it began. Maybe science will find the answer one day for me.
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#151 Aug 29, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's funny that you don't think you live in the hood!!
What do you consider being "the hood?"
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#152 Aug 29, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
They probably have it as much as anyone else. They just don't mount a cross to martyr themselves over a damn peanut allergy like Ms. Dingaling over here.
Who are you referring to as Ms. Dingaling??? lmao
1 post removed
well hmmm.

Huntington, WV

#154 Aug 29, 2013
Derper wrote:

Me too!
well hmmm.

Huntington, WV

#155 Aug 29, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) has reported that approximately one in 90 people in the United States have a tree nut and/or peanut allergy. I seriously doubt that this allergy chooses upper middle class kids to attack. And I was not quick to point out anything. I have been on this topic for the last few days and that is the first time I said anything about what "class" I am in and that was only because someone referred to me living in a "meth-hood" My son's peanut allergy was found when he was 1 year old...at that time I was a college student making minimum wage, so that blows that theory out the window.
You fed your child peanut butter at one year old? Wtf
well hmmm.

Huntington, WV

#156 Aug 29, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>I don't consider myself upper-middle. Maybe lower-middle?? lol But, I do think that how we grow up and our limited or abundance choices of foods do make us susceptible to illness, disease, growth issues and allergies. So I do see your point in the socio-economic aspect of things. I can only speak for my situation. My son was not raised on WIC and I don't know many people who are on it so I can't say whether or not those kids have some sort of food allergy or not. Would be interesting to look into though.

I always wondered when does the allergy begin? As I stated before, my son almost died at the age of 1, bc I let him try a tiny piece of PB cracker. That was the first time I had ever given it to him, but up to that point, I hadn't found that he was allergic to any other foods. The whole time I was pregnant, all I wanted was PB&J. I ate that for probably 6 months straight, no lie. So it didn't affect him by me eating it while he was in the womb, so did it come about right after birth?? At 6 months? It was definitely there at 1 year, so I have just always wondered when and how it began. Maybe science will find the answer one day for me.
It is there peanut oil is the base for many vaccines. You would think that since your kid has this allergy you would be well informed. I have no kids, but I took the time to google it out of curiosity. Odd that a parent of such a special child hasn't even thought to research the cause.
1 post removed
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#158 Aug 29, 2013
[QUOTE who="well hmmm."]<quoted text>
It is there peanut oil is the base for many vaccines. You would think that since your kid has this allergy you would be well informed. I have no kids, but I took the time to google it out of curiosity. Odd that a parent of such a special child hasn't even thought to research the cause.[/QUOTE]

Hey there genius! So yea, vaccines may contain peanut oils, but what my kid is allergic to is the protein in the peanut. All of our oils are refined, bleached and deodorized, including peanut oil. Oils that go through this process do not contain detectable levels of protein, therefore he does not have a reaction when exposed to peanut oil. Hmm...who is well informed, now??? Idiot.
Mom

United States

#159 Aug 29, 2013
Say your vegetarian and your child gets protein from nuts? Of course protein from other sources but they choose cashews and almonds. My daughter takes these items in her lunch or for snack everyday. She is in the 4th grade. I'm guessing there are no peanut allergies since I've not received a note or call from her school, which happens to be Kellogg Elementary. How would I know otherwise if she was putting others in danger? Her nutrition is very important to me but so is the health of her schoolmates.
How were you notified that nut products were not allowed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
larry "love" williams (Mar '15) 4 min Rhmit 11
Cheating at redman bingo on 5000 june 16 2017 7 min Lol bingo 2
No good reason exists for a reasonable man to not 12 min Law and lies 51
The russian thing didn't work out for Libs 51 min Kevin Jackson 19
Draft liberals, put them on front lines unarmed 52 min Kevin Jackson 1
cute sister 59 min Jack 2
Ladies have you ever had a girl throw you on 1 hr Ohio 1

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance