peanut allergy discrimination
UareIdiots

Tampa, FL

#113 Aug 27, 2013
Derper wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know why you and screen name are being so rude to me. I'm just trying to learn what the facts are. I don't have any kids in school, anyway. Unless college counts.
I really have always wondered about the grocery store thing, ever since I first heard of these allergies. Do I remember correctly? Didn't the local Logan's restaurant remove all the peanuts for a period of time about ten years ago? And then after a while they brought them back? Seems like I remember hearing that this was due to some parents petitioning.
Also, are the kids allergic to all nuts or just peanuts? For example, is it dangerous for them to be in someone's yard that has walnut trees, where all the walnuts have dropped to the ground? Do acorns count? I ask because you see sometimes on food labels that something has been manufactured in a factory that "processes tree nuts", so I've wondered about that, too.
Does anyone know the cause of the allergy? Is it genetic? Can it be passed down? Do kids outgrow it?
I had the screen name before you even commented. It was directed towards the selfish douche that started the whole thread.

To answer some of ur questions...Im not sure about Logan's restaurant...we just dont eat there bc its not worth the risk. Peanuts are legumes...not necessarily a nut. So a person can be allergic to peanuts and still be able to eat tree nuts. My friend is the opposite...she is allergic to tree nuts but peanuts dont bother her. Don't know why the body sees this food as an invader and attacks it...guess if they ever figured that out they could cure it. I'm sure it can be passed down, but not in our case. No one in my family has this allergy except for him. Hell, I ate PB the whole time I was pregnant with him. Some kids do outgrow it, depending on the severity. Hope that helps some!
UareIdiots

Tampa, FL

#114 Aug 27, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no I don't, since none of those other ailments require restrictions on other children. Not that I agree with what the person you're responding to said, but your comparison is not effective.
Neither does the PB allergy. It's a freakin peanut butter sandwich. Send another food. That's not a restriction
David Runyon

Alexandria, VA

#115 Aug 27, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
Why not start your own peanut butter private school? Your fat little angels can swim in it if they like. Otherwise don't bich and moan about public schools.
Hey zap hod, do the conservative world a favor and go jump off a bridge.
ENT Nurse

Alexandria, VA

#116 Aug 27, 2013
Pb is not airborne. You dumba$$ medical experts need to educate yourselves on allergies and how the transmission occurs.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#117 Aug 27, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does the PB allergy. It's a freakin peanut butter sandwich. Send another food. That's not a restriction
Unless you send soda, chips, donuts, etc. I guess those are all banned now for other reasons. Of course I can see the peanut allergy parents' points, and I do agree it doesn't need to be at school. So that's where I stand with that.

I read an article today where a lot of parents are complaining that the lunches at schools known for obesity problems actually "taste like vomit". Honestly, that's what they said. "tastes like vomit". Isn't that pitiful? The main complaint? No more white bread. Only whole wheat, dark bread. That's what they are mad about.

I hate white bread. It's a shame that those kids haven't learned at home to like wheat bread. As to the commenter who said all peanut products should be banned period...well, that's just dumb. If you aren't allergic, peanut butter is an incredibly stable food, with an amazingly long shelf life. It's an excellent thing to keep in your car in case you get stranded. It has saved the lives of many people.
1 post removed
UareIdiots

Tampa, FL

#119 Aug 27, 2013
ENT Nurse wrote:
Pb is not airborne. You dumba$$ medical experts need to educate yourselves on allergies and how the transmission occurs.
Regardless of if it's airborne or not...if my kid gets near it, he has a reaction.
1 post removed
lol two

United States

#121 Aug 27, 2013
So. After reading all of this crap, I line up on the aide of the parents that feel frustrated in the fact that it's pretty much impossible to keep your kids from eating things made with nuts or nut by-products, or nut cross-contamination. It is an impossible task because of all the commonly available foods that have nuts involved. It's absolutely inconceivable for all people to adapt their eating habits of eliminating a huge part of the american diet to accomodate a few kids special needs, I'd have to agree that these peanut allergy sensitive kids and parents need to just deal with the reality of the allergy without expecting the world to change. It's time to accept the things you cannot change and allow your kids to get used to dealing with their own problems.
1 post removed
UareIdiots

Tampa, FL

#123 Aug 27, 2013
lol two wrote:
So. After reading all of this crap, I line up on the aide of the parents that feel frustrated in the fact that it's pretty much impossible to keep your kids from eating things made with nuts or nut by-products, or nut cross-contamination. It is an impossible task because of all the commonly available foods that have nuts involved. It's absolutely inconceivable for all people to adapt their eating habits of eliminating a huge part of the american diet to accomodate a few kids special needs, I'd have to agree that these peanut allergy sensitive kids and parents need to just deal with the reality of the allergy without expecting the world to change. It's time to accept the things you cannot change and allow your kids to get used to dealing with their own problems.
Good thing you dont make the rules!

FYI...we do deal with this reality...every day. I dont expect the world to change to meet my needs. I'm just glad there are people out there that get it. Obviously you dont. That's fine, but how do u expect a kindergartner or first grader deal with their own problems?????? I have accepted that I can't change his allergy. oh and another thing, it is not impossible to stay away from nuts. We have been successful with it for 12 years now. So yea, it can be done by avoiding it. For people to get their panties in a wad over something so simple to do, is just unbelievable. Don't send something with ur kid to school that will kill my kid. Plain and simple.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#124 Aug 27, 2013
Julie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know why your so into peanut butter, because your the nut!!
Damn that's some funny shit!! Spelling errors and all. Williamson? Judge Thornsbury, is that you?
nunya

Nashville, TN

#125 Aug 27, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>That is not the concern. U mean every child is gonna do that? No. Kids are in a hurry to get outside and play. They will not wash hands or brush teeth. They then go outside and put their grubby little peanut butter hands all over the playground equipment, all over desks, pencils, computers...everything. Keep it at home. It's such a simple solution. You're just being a douche.
But they'll brush their teeth at home after eating Cap'n Crunch, because they're not in a hurry then, right? Because that's the solution that YOU proposed to eating peanut products at home before school, and it was a viable solution to you. But brushing and washing at school isn't. Got it.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#126 Aug 27, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>Neither does the PB allergy. It's a freakin peanut butter sandwich. Send another food. That's not a restriction
Actually it's a restriction in peanut products. English, do you speak it?
nunya

Nashville, TN

#127 Aug 27, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>Regardless of if it's airborne or not...if my kid gets near it, he has a reaction.

IF HE STANDS NEXT TO THE JIF DISPLAY AT WALMART HE HAS A REACTION, PEOPLE!!! He is SPECIAL, you hear me?
UareIdiots

Tampa, FL

#128 Aug 27, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
But they'll brush their teeth at home after eating Cap'n Crunch, because they're not in a hurry then, right? Because that's the solution that YOU proposed to eating peanut products at home before school, and it was a viable solution to you. But brushing and washing at school isn't. Got it.
Parents can monitor it better at home. Get it now, douche?
2 posts removed
UareIdiots

Tampa, FL

#131 Aug 27, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
IF HE STANDS NEXT TO THE JIF DISPLAY AT WALMART HE HAS A REACTION, PEOPLE!!! He is SPECIAL, you hear me?
Yes...I do think he is pretty damn special, thanks!!!
bambi

Vandergrift, PA

#132 Aug 28, 2013
So kids can't have anything with peanut butter in it? What if they pack peanut butter crackers. Or something with peanuts in it. The schools can't possibly monitor every last item the child brings in his or her lunch.
Copper

Charleston, WV

#133 Aug 28, 2013
bambi wrote:
So kids can't have anything with peanut butter in it? What if they pack peanut butter crackers. Or something with peanuts in it. The schools can't possibly monitor every last item the child brings in his or her lunch.
They will one day. There are schools in America where kids are required to eat school lunch. Bringing in food is not permitted.
UareIdiots

Proctorville, OH

#134 Aug 28, 2013
bambi wrote:
So kids can't have anything with peanut butter in it? What if they pack peanut butter crackers. Or something with peanuts in it. The schools can't possibly monitor every last item the child brings in his or her lunch.
In some elementary school and daycares it is not permitted. When my son went to elementary school, the teachers would make sure that the kids that brought their lunch didn't have peanut product items. Of course I'm sure that some would sneak some things through, but for the most part the rule was enforced. It's a very dangerous allergy and young children are not mature to enough to handle the prevention measures. There is no soda allowed in schools either...why aren't people bitching about that?
But.t Wheat

Huntington, WV

#135 Aug 28, 2013
I think Obama is going to drop a peanut butter *explosive device* and wipe all of the "special" ones out.
UareIdiots

Tampa, FL

#136 Aug 28, 2013
[QUOTE who="But.t Wheat"]I think Obama is going to drop a peanut butter *explosive device* and wipe all of the "special" ones out.
[/QUOTE]

Such hatred for little kids that have no control over an allergy. Hope u asshats rot in hell!
well hmmm.

Huntington, WV

#137 Aug 28, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
[QUOTE who="But.t Wheat"]I think Obama is going to drop a peanut butter *explosive device* and wipe all of the "special" ones out.
"

Such hatred for little kids that have no control over an allergy. Hope u asshats rot in hell!
Who said I hated kids? It was just an absurd joke poking fun at the rest of the absurdity on this thread. You are a dumb azz.

And why haven't you answered Derpers question, if you know so much about peanut allergies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topic is whack !!! 32 min Gonny 24
Heritage Center Secrets #2 1 hr Chriswright 10
Democrats against voter ID 2 hr MarkJ- 44
Hillary is finished. Liberals are frauds 3 hr I hate teabaggers 63
went to restaurant today didn't tip 3 hr Burt 1
where all the Mexican live in huntington 4 hr John 3
Project Hope-City Mission 4 hr employee 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages