peanut allergy discrimination
up yours

Chesapeake, OH

#66 Aug 26, 2013
hmmmm. what to fix my kids in the morning for breakfeast before they go to school. Well, one likes peanut butter and toast ... nope. Gotta cater to the peanut freaks. OK, sometimes they'll eat honey bunches of oats or other cereals. WAIT! Wonder if it has nuts? Hmm, OK, they like Oatmeal, nope! awww nuts mom, Why can't we just eat some GORP?(good ole raisens and peanuts). Well ... because there's a bunch of peanut freaks that go to your school that think they're special and should be catered to all day. so, I can't take healthy snacks such as almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.? Yes, exactly, you are the freak. But mom, what about a pbj sandwich? No kid, the school doesdn't respect your rights of medical privacy, but if it comes to dealing with nuts, I'd expect a reasonable decision could be made; unfortunately, that's not the case.
David Runyon

Ona, WV

#67 Aug 26, 2013
Parents wrote:
Yes dumbass it's called airborne allergy. Can be harmful by being digested or smelled. People don't just make this stuff up its very serious and should be treated seriously. To the comment about they should be seperated into a peanut free zone is ridiculous, they can attend school if people would just let their kids eat their weight in peanut butter when they get home. Like I said before if your child had this problem you would be concerned and you would be makin sure your child was out of harms way. But since u dot deal with it on a daily basis then you think it's ridiculous. Your an idiot for thinking that.
My Mother is an ENT. Peanut allergies are not airborne.
2 posts removed
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#70 Aug 27, 2013
up yours wrote:
hmmmm. what to fix my kids in the morning for breakfeast before they go to school. Well, one likes peanut butter and toast ... nope. Gotta cater to the peanut freaks. OK, sometimes they'll eat honey bunches of oats or other cereals. WAIT! Wonder if it has nuts? Hmm, OK, they like Oatmeal, nope! awww nuts mom, Why can't we just eat some GORP?(good ole raisens and peanuts). Well ... because there's a bunch of peanut freaks that go to your school that think they're special and should be catered to all day. so, I can't take healthy snacks such as almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.? Yes, exactly, you are the freak. But mom, what about a pbj sandwich? No kid, the school doesdn't respect your rights of medical privacy, but if it comes to dealing with nuts, I'd expect a reasonable decision could be made; unfortunately, that's not the case.
Let them eat it. All they need to do is wash their hands and brush their teeth before they leave for school. Or don't touch or kiss someone with a peanut allergy. Educate yourself, idiot
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#71 Aug 27, 2013
David Runyon wrote:
<quoted text>
My Mother is an ENT. Peanut allergies are not airborne.
Tell your momma to come with me and my kid and let me sit him next to a bowl of peanuts. She shall see...
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#72 Aug 27, 2013
My husband is allergic to shellfish too...he cannot be in the vicinity of it.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#73 Aug 27, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>Let them eat it. All they need to do is wash their hands and brush their teeth before they leave for school. Or don't touch or kiss someone with a peanut allergy. Educate yourself, idiot
So if the kids eat a pb sandwich at school and brush their teeth there's no problem with it either then? Cool. Brush your teeth after lunch, kids. Problem solved.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#74 Aug 27, 2013
UareIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>Tell your momma to come with me and my kid and let me sit him next to a bowl of peanuts. She shall see...
You'd do that to your kid? You're an even better parent than I thought.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#75 Aug 27, 2013
There's an article on Yahoo this morning about parents using temporary tattoos on their children, stating their allergies. Sending them to school with those, so that they can be identified.

Article says it may attract bullies. That's pretty sad. What do you think?
Lawless

Columbus, OH

#76 Aug 27, 2013
So, what I hear you saying is these kids won't be working at the Texas Roadhouse?

Now, before anyone gets sideways, that was just a joke. Cuz I am just being a nut (pun intended).
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#77 Aug 27, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd do that to your kid? You're an even better parent than I thought.
That's called sarcasm. Of course I wouldn't knowingly do that. Just hate when people try to talk about things they don't know anything about and spreading misinformation.
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#78 Aug 27, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the kids eat a pb sandwich at school and brush their teeth there's no problem with it either then? Cool. Brush your teeth after lunch, kids. Problem solved.
Yea, if only it were that easy. You're gonna tell me that the teachers are gonna take EVERY kid that's in the lunchroom that is eating PB that day to the bathroom one by one make sure they brush their teeth and wash their hands??? Plus, make sure that while they're eating it, that they don't touch an allergic kid? Uhhh no, that won't happen, which is why it is not allowed in the school. That example was to the person that posted that they can't feed their kids PB at home before they send them to school...which is just ridiculous. Idiots just wanting to argue.
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#79 Aug 27, 2013
Lawless wrote:
So, what I hear you saying is these kids won't be working at the Texas Roadhouse?
Now, before anyone gets sideways, that was just a joke. Cuz I am just being a nut (pun intended).
By that time, the kid will be an adult and if he feels he can safely work around it, then he would be able to. But, my son has set his goals a little higher than working at Texas Roadhouse lol
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#80 Aug 27, 2013
Derper wrote:
There's an article on Yahoo this morning about parents using temporary tattoos on their children, stating their allergies. Sending them to school with those, so that they can be identified.
Article says it may attract bullies. That's pretty sad. What do you think?
I'm not sure of the need for a temporary tattoo? If nuts are not allowed in the school then there is no need. Of course kids have other allergies and if a parent feels the need to do that, then by all means, but I'm not sure they would be bullied? Now, my kid being in middle school, they are allowed to bring foods with peanuts in them, because they are older kids. There is a separate table that he can sit at that is a "peanut free" zone, but as long as he is careful, he is old enough to be able to sit with his friends because he avoids it like the plague lol
twelve

Youngstown, OH

#81 Aug 27, 2013
Pick another snack and stop complaining
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#82 Aug 27, 2013
twelve wrote:
Pick another snack and stop complaining
Thank you!!! Finally, a voice of reason!!
twelve

Youngstown, OH

#83 Aug 27, 2013
For real this poster is a complete moron! Lets risk another kid going into shock because your kid wants a f'ing peanut butter sandwich. You don't like it home school your brat! There's a million other choices you could use.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#84 Aug 27, 2013
Since you mention homeschooling, it WOULD actually make more sense to homeschool all the kids with the peanut allergies. What would be wrong with that?

It would certainly be safer for them.
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#85 Aug 27, 2013
twelve wrote:
For real this poster is a complete moron! Lets risk another kid going into shock because your kid wants a f'ing peanut butter sandwich. You don't like it home school your brat! There's a million other choices you could use.
Lmao!!! I know...their kid must really, really like peanut butter sandwiches! Sheesh, people are insane.
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#86 Aug 27, 2013
Derper wrote:
Since you mention homeschooling, it WOULD actually make more sense to homeschool all the kids with the peanut allergies. What would be wrong with that?
So let's homeschool kids with allergies? What about kids with Asthma? What about kids with Type 1 Diabetes?? What about handicapped kids? What about kids with Down Syndrome? What about kids with zits? Do you see my point?
UareIdiots

Huntington, WV

#87 Aug 27, 2013
Derper wrote:
And actually, it would be safer to homeschool all kids because of all the violence that goes in schools these days. Why don't we just shut down every school and let all kids be homeschooled if safety is a concern.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Wins Popular Vote By About 1.5 Million ... 9 min Independent 64
Deer hunting for meat to eat 57 min Jessco 113
Baltimore Street news 1 hr Lola Falanas 391
List corrupt City comission members 2 hr Jessco 44
Xmas presents 2016! 2 hr Just Me 6
Fat Patty's 2 hr Just Me 2
Worst mothers in huntington 2 hr In the know 10

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance