peanut allergy discrimination

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
up yours

Chesapeake, OH

#1 Aug 24, 2013
I feel that it's very unfair that my child is discriminated against for bringing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to school. They're made to feel like a common criminal. I'm sorry your kid is a wierd little freak. Don't send them to school if you're so worried about the possibility of nuts. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to eliminate all consumption of nuts and nut by-products. Do you know how many things are made with nuts in them? Please keep your “kid in a bubble” from going out into the public. It's not my kids fault that you have a freak for a child. Not my freak child ... not my problem.
Kenny Powers

Ripley, WV

#2 Aug 24, 2013
I bet my kid would beat the sh!t outta your kid amigo.
IAgreeWithUpYour s

Nitro, WV

#3 Aug 24, 2013
up yours wrote:
I feel that it's very unfair that my child is discriminated against for bringing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to school. They're made to feel like a common criminal. I'm sorry your kid is a wierd little freak. Don't send them to school if you're so worried about the possibility of nuts. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to eliminate all consumption of nuts and nut by-products. Do you know how many things are made with nuts in them? Please keep your “kid in a bubble” from going out into the public. It's not my kids fault that you have a freak for a child. Not my freak child ... not my problem.
LMFAO... Very well said, I completely agree!!! Our kids should be able to take a freakin peanut butter and jelly sandwhich to school, that's what I took in my lunch growing up and you never heard anything about no stupid peanut allergies! Hell at my kids school they aren't even allowed to have candy at their Halloween party, they had a veggie tray and raisins last year, I understand having your children eat healthy food but damn, let them have a little fun atleast a couple times out of the school year!
up yours

Chesapeake, OH

#4 Aug 24, 2013
Kenny Powers wrote:
I bet my kid would beat the sh!t outta your kid amigo.
I bet your kid is a whimpy peanut freakoid. I'd send my kid with a bag full of peanut dust and shower your kid with a little peanut pixie dust.
mom of 3

Huntington, WV

#5 Aug 24, 2013
You are completely out of line for saying this the way you did. Yes, it's a little frustrating to not be able to make the peanut butter sandwich, but how would you feel if your child had this problem? I have 3 kids under the age of 7 and it bummed me out about the good old fashioned pB&j, but to get this upset is ridiculous.
Youre Ignorant

Proctorville, OH

#6 Aug 24, 2013
Peanut allergies are a life threatening allergy. Ever heard of anaphylactic shock? Death in minutes if not properly treated. Some children are so sensitive that smelling the protein in peanut butter on another's breath is enough to trigger a reaction. How dare you be so careless of the health of another child. That's what's wrong with the world. People like you raising children. Educate yourselves before you speak.
Kenny Powers

Ripley, WV

#7 Aug 24, 2013
Mines got big balls and an even bigger f*cking bat. He been ready to use his brass knuckles he got for his 7th birthday. Bring on your fairy dust Amigo.
up yours

Chesapeake, OH

#8 Aug 24, 2013
Mine's been taught to “kick em where it hurts”. Right in the pea nuts! Anyway, my opinion is that peanut kids should stay at home. They can never lead a normal life. If being around people who have recently eaten pbj can kill them, keep them locked up in the basement. My kids shouldn't be made to feel like they are doing something wrong. At some point, they need to tell them peanut kids to suck it up. Their parents are typically hyperchondriacs that want the world to stop because their kid gets choked up a little when they eat nuts. Hey, guess what? I got some nuts you can eat.
lavished

Alexandria, VA

#9 Aug 24, 2013
This is whole forum is ignorant. If they're allergic then don't have them eat it. Have you ever heard of a peanut related spontaneous death at a school? I mean really people this is abuse of power by someone who makes the rules. I bet there was a good amount of time in a school board meeting spent talking about peanuts, while there are kids with far worse problems to deal with at school on a daily basis. Peanuts.... Really people.
Kenny Powers

Ripley, WV

#10 Aug 24, 2013
Hey........ F*ck you and your pixie dust kid. My d!ck is in your mom before I even get to her house its so f*cking big. Snorting coke off your grannys titts
Z-phod

Locust Grove, GA

#11 Aug 24, 2013
next up, toilets off limits. gotta be careful of the peanuts in the turds.
uguysareassholes

Stuarts Draft, VA

#12 Aug 24, 2013
http://www.suntimes.com/2966858-417/reaction-...

The kid isn't a freak because they have a severe allergy. I'm sure a lot of you have allergies. If you're severely allergic to cats, you stay away from cats. A lot of schools aren't properly equipped for such emergencies (no epi-pens) although they don't ALWAYS save a life...they do more often than not. It's always good to take precautions and if this "freak" was your child you wouldn't be upset. I don't necessarily think it is fair kids can't have PB&J sandwiches but I remember when I was in school we used to trade lunches sometimes. More than likely that's why they would rather not have them...it's not worth the risk. Not to mention if the school failed to implement those rules and a child died, that's a huge lawsuit. That takes resources away from your children when funding gets cut back. It's not the kids fault that they are allergic and if anything you should be happy your child attends a school where they care about the well being of their students.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#13 Aug 25, 2013
Okay, someone explain this...can you take a kid with a peanut allergy into a grocery store? Every store I've ever been in had bins of open peanuts that you could scoop and bag. I say if the kid has been in a grocery store, then the parents ought to shut up and stop whining.

If the mother leaves the kid home with a sitter and goes shopping, what does she do when she comes back into the house? Her clothes and skin and hair have been exposed to that peanut bin. Does she have to take a chemical shower in the garage and change her clothes before entering the house? What about those peanut exposed clothes in the laundry room?

I'm being serious. What happened to people born with this 200 hundred years ago? Seriously, someone explain that.
Close the Airport

Charleston, WV

#14 Aug 25, 2013
I have seen this. These subdivision mother desperate housewife types dominate the public schools. This is what you have.
LOL

Inez, KY

#15 Aug 25, 2013
up yours wrote:
Im surprised people as ignorant as you can breed!
Parent

Monaca, PA

#16 Aug 25, 2013
My son has a severe reaction to peanuts and its stupid bitches like you that think its alright to put my sons well being in front of yours so your child can have a fucking sandwich. If my child would end up dying because of your stupidity you would find yourself in a big world of trouble. Make your child wait till they get home to gorge themselves on peanut butter but keep it out of the school. You might feel its stupid but if it was happening to your child and they couldn't be around it then you would feel the same way I do. My child is not a freak for one because he has an allergy to something, it wasn't his choice so your the idiot here if you don't like it then too bad because most schools are nut free and thank god because ask any doc around its a serious issue. So before you go actin ridiculous maybe get your facts straightens learn more about the allergy and how serious it is to some people it's not just a sneezing oh he or she will get over it it's life or death! Your ass should be respectful enough to keep it out of the school so no child is harmed.
Close the Airport

Charleston, WV

#17 Aug 25, 2013
Parent wrote:
My son has a severe reaction to peanuts and its stupid bitches like you that think its alright to put my sons well being in front of yours so your child can have a fucking sandwich. If my child would end up dying because of your stupidity you would find yourself in a big world of trouble. Make your child wait till they get home to gorge themselves on peanut butter but keep it out of the school. You might feel its stupid but if it was happening to your child and they couldn't be around it then you would feel the same way I do. My child is not a freak for one because he has an allergy to something, it wasn't his choice so your the idiot here if you don't like it then too bad because most schools are nut free and thank god because ask any doc around its a serious issue. So before you go actin ridiculous maybe get your facts straightens learn more about the allergy and how serious it is to some people it's not just a sneezing oh he or she will get over it it's life or death! Your ass should be respectful enough to keep it out of the school so no child is harmed.
So if your kid breathes in the same room as a PB&J sandwich it has a reaction? Seriously?
Derper

Huntington, WV

#18 Aug 25, 2013
Parent wrote:
I'm serious, can you explain about the grocery store? What do parents like you do? And how do you KNOW your child has the allergy? Is there a test they do on infants? I don't know how that works. Can you take your child in a grocery store? I don't know anyone with this allergy.
mel

Huntington, WV

#19 Aug 25, 2013
Are you people realy this big of loser's 2 call other children name's cause your kid's cannot bring a fuc*in* pp&j to school wow realy how sad and pathetic u people are some kid's can jus be close enough 2 smell it and it could kill them so yeah soooo unfair 2 your spoiled lil brat's that is a travesty
Semi Hemi

Charleston, WV

#20 Aug 25, 2013
The peanut allergy kids need segregated to a "peanut free" part of the school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cheating men at special metals 1 hr Actually 43
East End Heroin 1 hr Wow 32
Good place for toddler birthday parties? 1 hr Mom of 6 3
Scott Crank 2 hr Robert 6
superbowl party guest stunk the hole house up 2 hr well 2
Martin/Lemaster - Shame on the police and prose... (Mar '15) 2 hr Pisquared 395
3 hr nice 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages