Jos A Bank at Pullman Sqaure Treated ...

Jos A Bank at Pullman Sqaure Treated Me BAD

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ticked customer

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 5, 2013
I went into their store over the weekend and there were 3 guys working. One was helping another customer. The other 2 did not show me any attention.

I had to go up to the counter and ask for help. I had been in the store for over 5 minutes and the 2 guys that were working without customers acted like they could have cared less.

I guess I did not look like I had any money because I was dressed down or something. I went ahead and bought some things there but I will not be back. It was my first and last time in that place. I wonder how they even stay in business. WAIT ON YOUR CUSTOMERS GUYS.
ticked customer

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 5, 2013
Anyone know who the regional manager is?
ticked customer

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 5, 2013
I can understand if they were helping other customers but there was only 1 other couple in the store. When the other couple left, I heard one of the salespeople joke about "they must have 10 grand to drop on clothes" or something similar. Highly unprofessional guys. You earned an A+ in douchebaggery.
ticked customer

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 5, 2013
I have my receipt and if they have cameras in the place, I can name the time and date for them to watch the 2 free salespeople ignore me. They need some serious sales and customer service training. Just because I was dressed very laid back does not mean I do not have money.
1 post removed
Anon

United States

#6 Jun 5, 2013
I think it's unfortunate that you had a bad experience shopping there, but I think you're overreacting. So you had to ask for assistance- it really isn't that big of a deal. Of course they should have initiated conversation & asked if you needed anything, but maybe they were working on something at the counter, you never know. I went in today to select a tie for my fiancé for a wedding we're attending, and the two workers helped me the whole time (I was the only person in the shop). I'd suggest giving it another chance.
bad relations

Export, PA

#7 Jun 5, 2013
If what you're writing is factual, I'd be aggregated as well. You shouldn't have to go looking for someone to sell you something lol. Also to "anon". A buyer in the store > working on something at the counter.
Elephant in the room

Saint Albans, WV

#8 Jun 5, 2013
ticked customer wrote:
Anyone know who the regional manager is?
Let it go. Don't get these people in trouble. Seriously???
really

United States

#9 Jun 5, 2013
Elephant in the room wrote:
<quoted text>
Let it go. Don't get these people in trouble. Seriously???
Yeah, let it go!
That way the management will not know that they are not getting what they pay their employees for and just think business is bad and adjust to compensate by getting rid of employees or shuttind down altogether.
Customer should always come first!
WhinyAss

Huntington, WV

#10 Jun 6, 2013
Four posts in a row? Really? Why don't you cry some more about how shitty you dress. You must be pretty self-conscious about how bad you look because you keep screaming about how you have money.

If this is a real complaint (and given your obvious flair for dramatics, I have an irking feeling it is an exaggeration), then this was highly unprofessional behavior. I have worked in retail and would never have treated a customer like this. Personally, I would have placed a call to the regional manager as soon as I left (and since you have so much money, I am sure you have a smart phone to go to their website and look up a customer service number), but if you think whining on Topix is more effective, well, you have done your job.
Samantha

Hurricane, WV

#11 Jun 6, 2013
WhinyAss wrote:
Four posts in a row? Really? Why don't you cry some more about how shitty you dress. You must be pretty self-conscious about how bad you look because you keep screaming about how you have money.
If this is a real complaint (and given your obvious flair for dramatics, I have an irking feeling it is an exaggeration), then this was highly unprofessional behavior. I have worked in retail and would never have treated a customer like this. Personally, I would have placed a call to the regional manager as soon as I left (and since you have so much money, I am sure you have a smart phone to go to their website and look up a customer service number), but if you think whining on Topix is more effective, well, you have done your job.
I think a lot of people come here to vent. It's an open forum.
WhinyAss

Huntington, WV

#12 Jun 6, 2013
Samantha wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a lot of people come here to vent. It's an open forum.
Those people are crybabies too, but most of them don't feel the need to make four comments about it. And with it being an open forum, I will make fun of them to my heart's delight. But thanks for playing!
Deadeye Dick

Ardsley, NY

#13 Jun 6, 2013
I shopped at J.A.B. a few months back and was largely ignored for several minutes before I finally asked for help.

Bad business...disrespectful...won 't be back.
Greg

Logan, WV

#14 Jun 6, 2013
ticked customer wrote:
I went into their store over the weekend and there were 3 guys working. One was helping another customer. The other 2 did not show me any attention.
I had to go up to the counter and ask for help. I had been in the store for over 5 minutes and the 2 guys that were working without customers acted like they could have cared less.
I guess I did not look like I had any money because I was dressed down or something. I went ahead and bought some things there but I will not be back. It was my first and last time in that place. I wonder how they even stay in business. WAIT ON YOUR CUSTOMERS GUYS.
Sounds like my experience with Lowes!!
Juggernaut

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Jun 6, 2013
Deadeye Dick wrote:
I shopped at J.A.B. a few months back and was largely ignored for several minutes before I finally asked for help.
Seems to more than an isolated incident.
Zaphod

Proctorville, OH

#16 Jun 6, 2013
Deadeye Dick wrote:

Several minutes without any help looking at clothes and you're still alive? Shocking.
moneybags

Greensburg, PA

#17 Jun 6, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>
Several minutes without any help looking at clothes and you're still alive? Shocking.
I'm rich and when I go somewhere to drop big bank, they better at least greet me when I make my appearance. I agree with the op.
Zaphod

Proctorville, OH

#18 Jun 6, 2013
moneybags wrote:
<quoted text>I'm rich and when I go somewhere to drop big bank, they better at least greet me when I make my appearance. I agree with the op.
You're rich? That's rich
moneybags

Greensburg, PA

#19 Jun 6, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>
You're rich? That's rich
Yes I am, thank you for asking.
Zaphod

United States

#20 Jun 6, 2013
moneybags wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I am, thank you for asking.
Having the nicest trailer in the trailer park doesn't make you rich.
Move On

Huntington, WV

#21 Jun 6, 2013
This store just opened. You need to get a life and quit complaining. This is not the only store that has had bad service. These people are probably in training. You needed to step up and ask for help.
You are a crybaby and need to grow up. You are gonna get that treatment all your life and you are not the only one. All new businesses, restaurants, ets. go through this with new openings. Give these clerks a chance and shut up. One day, you may have to stoop to being a clerk or a waitress, etc.
Most of these kids are in college just trying to make ends meet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman’s body found at Guyandotte boat ramp 52 min Tom 26
America Held Hostage Day 275 1 hr Liberal sideshow 4
It hurts when I poop. 1 hr Fresh beans 4
Rep Frederica Wilson a Rock Star 2 hr Big Bad Whitey 41
Hook up site 3 hr Ella 4
Baltimore Street drugs (Feb '17) 4 hr The Real Justin 1,083
western regional jail (barboursville/huntington... (Aug '10) 5 hr Maria 127

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance