western regional jail (barboursville/...
who r u

Saint Albans, WV

#68 Oct 20, 2011
wvcinder wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know what kind of programs they offer at the jail to help rehabilitate offenders back into society. I know they offer a GED class. Do they have AA/NA if an inmate wanted those services? Do they offer any sort of further education? Counseling? I'm just curious because we have such a huge problem with not only offenders, but repeat offenders, too. I am talking not talking about child molestors, rapists, murderers or any class of violent crime offenders being rehabilitated. I am concerned with those convicted of minor crimes and how it would be a benifit to all of us if they come out of jail a better and more stable person than they were when they went in.
my husband has been in there since january 24th 2011 and signed up for AA and others but guess what he is on a waiting list
jeff

Marion, OH

#69 Oct 20, 2011
who r u wrote:
<quoted text>yes I know the feeling my husband is in that for driving on a suspended licence taking our kids to doctor he was drinking or nothing wasnt even speeding or driving wrong the officer just reconized him and pulled us over he has been in there since january 24 2011 he fellon over that.We have kids and they wont even consider homeconefinement and hes not been into trouble he has very good maners.this is wayne court.
your husband has been in jail since january for driving with suspended license?
I know them

Saint Albans, WV

#70 Oct 20, 2011
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
yes and was taking our son to the doctor
HUH

Proctorville, OH

#71 Oct 20, 2011
loved one there wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like youve never had a loved one there either. Its not always bad people in jail, they just made some bad decisions and are paying for them, but shouldnt be treated as if their not people! That what makes it harder to become a productive member in society-not being treated right. Make a better person out of them, give them a few resources and treat them well enought to learn new trades and given appropriate health care and we will have released inmates who become successful members in society
What ya say? Man you're crazy. The jail is not supposed to be a luxury resort. And if they want to learn to trades besides stealing and selling drugs then they can get a damn job and go do it. And a person who does bad things IS A BAD PERSON.
kelly

Charleston, WV

#72 Oct 20, 2011
My sister went to jail this past summer and when she went to court her charges were dropped. While she was in jail she was severely beaten by the officers. They placed in some sort of chair for 7 or 8 hours and took her to a jail cell and on the way there beat her in the hallway. She had bruises on her body for over a month. Her jewelry was stolen and some drag queen officer thought she could push her around and when she assaulted my sister and my sister fought back that's when all the other officers jumped her and beat her severely. This jail is awful and I hope one day they get caught. She was falsely arrested and later her charges were dropped but she left there a changed person. There was no one to report this to. I hope you get somewhere...good luck.
HUH

Proctorville, OH

#73 Oct 20, 2011
And if the criminals want health care then get a job and pay for it. IDIOT
and

Proctorville, OH

#74 Oct 20, 2011
who r u wrote:
<quoted text>yes I know the feeling my husband is in that for driving on a suspended licence taking our kids to doctor he was drinking or nothing wasnt even speeding or driving wrong the officer just reconized him and pulled us over he has been in there since january 24 2011 he fellon over that.We have kids and they wont even consider homeconefinement and hes not been into trouble he has very good maners.this is wayne court.
If you drive on a suspended license---THEN THAT IS BREAKING THE LAW. What did you want them to do---reward him lmao. Oh and hey, just how did he lose those license? lmao It's always someone else's fault, right?
and

Proctorville, OH

#75 Oct 20, 2011
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like it wasn't his first brush with the law.
markus

Proctorville, OH

#76 Oct 20, 2011
kelly wrote:
My sister went to jail this past summer and when she went to court her charges were dropped. While she was in jail she was severely beaten by the officers. They placed in some sort of chair for 7 or 8 hours and took her to a jail cell and on the way there beat her in the hallway. She had bruises on her body for over a month. Her jewelry was stolen and some drag queen officer thought she could push her around and when she assaulted my sister and my sister fought back that's when all the other officers jumped her and beat her severely. This jail is awful and I hope one day they get caught. She was falsely arrested and later her charges were dropped but she left there a changed person. There was no one to report this to. I hope you get somewhere...good luck.
That's what happens when you resist arrest. If she got beat down it's cause she deserved it.
I know them

Saint Albans, WV

#77 Oct 20, 2011
and wrote:
<quoted text>If you drive on a suspended license---THEN THAT IS BREAKING THE LAW. What did you want them to do---reward him lmao. Oh and hey, just how did he lose those license? lmao It's always someone else's fault, right?
before he had a family he was drinking and driving at the time b4 we met.oh yes I espect him to get less charges since we r from wayne county and people get away with murder or atleast homeconfinement since he has little babys
kelly

Charleston, WV

#78 Oct 20, 2011
markus wrote:
<quoted text> That's what happens when you resist arrest. If she got beat down it's cause she deserved it.
What part of "her charges were dropped" did you NOT understand??? Because she was arrested did not give the jail employees the right to act as judge and jury. I hope no one you care for ever is in this situation.
Corruption Top Down

Uneeda, WV

#79 Oct 20, 2011
Director of the jail (POLITICAL APPOINTEE) in either South Central or Western Regional Jail was caught DUI and the cops & staff covered it up until the news media broke the story. He still got a pass on it -- NOTHING done whatsoever.

Inmates MUST pay correction officers for blankets, sweat gear and medicine. Insulin denied to diabetics (and yes, the inmates bring their own medicine but it is withheld by the staff). Inmates who cannot pay are denied blankets, sweat gear and medicine.

Many of these correction officers are as bad or worse than their charges. Dope is sold pretty well openly inside, and inmates can purchase ANYTHING from the staff if the price is right.

Staff STEALS $35 from each inmate when it is deposited to the inmates individual account -- CALLED A SERVICE FEE. We, the taxpayers, pay for this facility, including the staff salaries, all costs, AND the SERVICE of keeping the inmate accounts.

CORRUPTION FROM THE TOP DOWN. SYSTEMIC DISHONESTY SNAFU in WV.
Troy

Huntington, WV

#80 Oct 20, 2011
Name the dirty correctional officers and they will be investigated.
markus

Proctorville, OH

#81 Oct 21, 2011
kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "her charges were dropped" did you NOT understand??? Because she was arrested did not give the jail employees the right to act as judge and jury. I hope no one you care for ever is in this situation.
Well what part of her getting arrested did you NOT understand. When you resist arrest, like you said they had her in a chair, thats what happens when you resist arrest. That is why she got beat down. Now do YOU get it. And don't worry my loved ones aren't criminals.
hmmmmmm

Proctorville, OH

#82 Oct 21, 2011
Corruption Top Down wrote:
Director of the jail (POLITICAL APPOINTEE) in either South Central or Western Regional Jail was caught DUI and the cops & staff covered it up until the news media broke the story. He still got a pass on it -- NOTHING done whatsoever.
Inmates MUST pay correction officers for blankets, sweat gear and medicine. Insulin denied to diabetics (and yes, the inmates bring their own medicine but it is withheld by the staff). Inmates who cannot pay are denied blankets, sweat gear and medicine.
Many of these correction officers are as bad or worse than their charges. Dope is sold pretty well openly inside, and inmates can purchase ANYTHING from the staff if the price is right.
Staff STEALS $35 from each inmate when it is deposited to the inmates individual account -- CALLED A SERVICE FEE. We, the taxpayers, pay for this facility, including the staff salaries, all costs, AND the SERVICE of keeping the inmate accounts.
Hey I have a solution, don't get your ass in trouble to go to jail. Problem solved.
kelly

Charleston, WV

#83 Oct 21, 2011
Marcus I never said she resisted arrest. I never said why she was arrested. I said she was placed in a chair for 7 or 8 hours. Because someone is arrested doesn't give anyone the right to mistreat them. That was MY point. Her getting beaten by numerous officers was her fault too... I guess a simple minded person would believe so.
jack

Fairfield, VA

#84 Oct 25, 2011
One hung lo wrote:
Yeah because it would be too hard to just stay out of jail. I don't have one complaint about western regional jail. You wanna know why? Because I have never been there. I dont want to hear you gripe about jail being bad because that's the point. If it didn't suck then stupid people like you would have no incentive not to commit stupid crimes. Maybe instead if being quick to complain you should just stay out if jail b/c then nothing that happens there will affect you. Problem solved. Have a good day.
I hope u go to jail for something you didn't do....Dork.......Ryan
Just wondering

Winchester, KY

#85 Feb 8, 2012
Previous employee wrote:
I am a previous employee of the jail and I can speak from firsthand knowledge that the inmates in that facility are not treated poorly. With that said they also are not catered to either. They have rules within the facility with which they are expected to follow some do and some think they are above it and choose not to. Those are the ones who receive remeimands and punishments but these are documented. Officers treat all images fairly and consistent with each inmate. Yes moms they all have mattresses blankets and pillows and they get fed 3 meals a day, meals which I too have ate out of the same cafeteria so it's not slop. I have sat and listened to many coveraations between inmates and their families telling them how they get none of this. Yes they want you to feel sorry for them so u will get them out. Being locked up isn't fun I'm sure however the decisions they made got them there. As for some who make these decisions they learn from their mistakes, it's those individuals that you never see back. For those who choose to complain how bad it is then why are are they repeat defenders. If you don't like it, stay out of trouble.
I guess the bad decision that my brother mad was to allow his daughter to live in his house when she is 24, her BF sold a pill 2 times in one night to a druggy that happened to be working for the sherriffs dept that night, well as of friday he is serving 2 1-15 charges for dlivering a controled substance because the jury said they believed he knew about it even though the witness say that he was not even in the room, now this is the truth so do DOC understand that some inmates are innocent but got in trouble because f thier kids and do they treat them the same or do they even give a rats butt to try and believe the inmate?
Withers

West Hamlin, WV

#86 Feb 9, 2012
Corruption Top Down wrote:
All I'm hearing from you is waahhh-waahhh-waahhh!!
A Mom

Statts Mills, WV

#87 Feb 9, 2012
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the bad decision that my brother mad was to allow his daughter to live in his house when she is 24, her BF sold a pill 2 times in one night to a druggy that happened to be working for the sherriffs dept that night, well as of friday he is serving 2 1-15 charges for dlivering a controled substance because the jury said they believed he knew about it even though the witness say that he was not even in the room, now this is the truth so do DOC understand that some inmates are innocent but got in trouble because f thier kids and do they treat them the same or do they even give a rats butt to try and believe the inmate?
Your situation is sad. I understand that your brother was just trying to help his daughter and that is what we 'as parents' do but we also have to know where to draw the line for our safety. My grown son is constantly in trouble. I don't even remember how many times the law has knocked on my door down through the years. It is scary every time even though I have known that I didn't do anything wrong myself. I didn't know what my son was doing every minute of the day but I did know that whatever it was, it probably wasn't good. Finally, I told him he had to move out. I still see him or talk to him each day but I don't feel the danger of being responsible for his actions now. Even though I worry about him, I have had such peace of mind since he moved out. Your story just re-enforces my decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maggie Sloan (Jul '11) 4 min Trueeeee 3
Defrin Dennis detroit dealer in Huntington 30 min The queen 4
Here is an example of your Military "Heros". 47 min Nancy 4
Andrea Poe 1 hr Enough 3
Anyone know Darnell Wise (Apr '13) 1 hr Old friend 32
kneegar DNA 2 hr Justin_ Martin 4
I've never seen a female kneeger that looked fe... 2 hr Justin_ Martin 15

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance