western regional jail (barboursville/huntington w.virginia)

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 118 Comments Last updated Jan 22, 2014
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
souldreamer777

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

How can one make a report(s) or complaint(s) about/against the western regional jail in west virginia? should it be made to the warden? What is his name..who else can you make a report to...can anyone who has knowledge or insight about the western regional jail in wv reply with any infomation about rights of inmates. That 'jail' should be 'checked' and 'fixed' it's crooked.
if you go to jail and truely did a crime - sure do your time,but humans should not be treated as literal animals.

-Also-
((I saw a female die in there and i know in my heart that if the 'staff' did their job - the female could have been saved and alive today.))
Thank You
souldreamer777
whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

those ppl SHOULD be treated like stray dogs!!!!!!!!!!
One hung lo

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

Yeah because it would be too hard to just stay out of jail. I don't have one complaint about western regional jail. You wanna know why? Because I have never been there. I dont want to hear you gripe about jail being bad because that's the point. If it didn't suck then stupid people like you would have no incentive not to commit stupid crimes. Maybe instead if being quick to complain you should just stay out if jail b/c then nothing that happens there will affect you. Problem solved. Have a good day.
loved one there

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

One hung lo wrote:
Yeah because it would be too hard to just stay out of jail. I don't have one complaint about western regional jail. You wanna know why? Because I have never been there. I dont want to hear you gripe about jail being bad because that's the point. If it didn't suck then stupid people like you would have no incentive not to commit stupid crimes. Maybe instead if being quick to complain you should just stay out if jail b/c then nothing that happens there will affect you. Problem solved. Have a good day.
looks like youve never had a loved one there either. Its not always bad people in jail, they just made some bad decisions and are paying for them, but shouldnt be treated as if their not people! That what makes it harder to become a productive member in society-not being treated right. Make a better person out of them, give them a few resources and treat them well enought to learn new trades and given appropriate health care and we will have released inmates who become successful members in society
One hung lo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

loved one there wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like youve never had a loved one there either. Its not always bad people in jail, they just made some bad decisions and are paying for them, but shouldnt be treated as if their not people! That what makes it harder to become a productive member in society-not being treated right. Make a better person out of them, give them a few resources and
treat them well enought to learn new trades and given appropriate health care and we will have released inmates who become successful members in society
I don't want my tax dollars being spent to teach criminals trades. If they wanted a trade or an education then they should have spent their time learning instead if making "bad decisions". I want my tax dollars being spent to punish criminals because that is what jails are for. This whole the criminal is the victim bullshit has gone far enough. Punishment is not pleasant and that is what makes it
effective.

“love me, or hate me, IDGAF”

Level 1

Since: May 10

barboursville, wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

well, let me tell you a little something, there are times when it happens that innocent people end up going as myself, i got into a fight with my aunt, she punched me in the face first, then i shoved her back, because i didnt want to press charges and she suddenly did, guess what i went, and i did nothing but shove her to defend myself, because i didnt want to hurt her, next time if something ever happens like this, i am pressing charges and making a reason to go
1 post removed

Level 1

barboursville, wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
If you've ever been in a situation where your aunt pressed charges against you, you're a typical Huntington skank.
hah thanks, but im not a typical huntington skank, i dont even live there... but who are you to judge? thats just as i thought, and no she pressed charges because my mom wanted to get my kids so she could recieve state benifits, for herself.. that is the reason this whole fight started. she was mad because her sister was mad, i wouldnt let them have their way, then they did what any other idiot would do, get their revenge one way or another! you have no idea who i am, what ive been through... why you would say the crap you did, makes you the skank!
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

Saying "you don't know what I've been through" and receiving welfare makes you a skank.
Previous employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

I am a previous employee of the jail and I can speak from firsthand knowledge that the inmates in that facility are not treated poorly. With that said they also are not catered to either. They have rules within the facility with which they are expected to follow some do and some think they are above it and choose not to. Those are the ones who receive remeimands and punishments but these are documented. Officers treat all images fairly and consistent with each inmate. Yes moms they all have mattresses blankets and pillows and they get fed 3 meals a day, meals which I too have ate out of the same cafeteria so it's not slop. I have sat and listened to many coveraations between inmates and their families telling them how they get none of this. Yes they want you to feel sorry for them so u will get them out. Being locked up isn't fun I'm sure however the decisions they made got them there. As for some who make these decisions they learn from their mistakes, it's those individuals that you never see back. For those who choose to complain how bad it is then why are are they repeat defenders. If you don't like it, stay out of trouble.
wayne

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Anonymous wrote:
Saying "you don't know what I've been through" and receiving welfare makes you a skank.
are a lot of people in huntington on the dole?

Level 1

barboursville, wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
haha yeah, i do NOT reciee welfare, but wouldnt it be sweet if i could sit on my ass all day everyday? heck yeah it would! but im not a loser like that, you seem to have the time to be posting on her, do you recieve welfare? you seem very angry with people you dont know, are you mad because you dont recieve welfare? whats your deal?!?
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

Everyone in Huntington is on the dole. It's a disgusting city.
Idea

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

I say, bring tent city to West Virginia! I say, start it in Cabell County!! I say make it a miserable place to ensure that the ones with potential hope absolutely second guesses doing something stupid ever again!

Take away the orange.....dress them in pink!
Tim

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

This place is a joke!
will

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

Previous employee wrote:
I am a previous employee of the jail and I can speak from firsthand knowledge that the inmates in that facility are not treated poorly. With that said they also are not catered to either. They have rules within the facility with which they are expected to follow some do and some think they are above it and choose not to. Those are the ones who receive remeimands and punishments but these are documented. Officers treat all images fairly and consistent with each inmate. Yes moms they all have mattresses blankets and pillows and they get fed 3 meals a day, meals which I too have ate out of the same cafeteria so it's not slop. I have sat and listened to many coveraations between inmates and their families telling them how they get none of this. Yes they want you to feel sorry for them so u will get them out. Being locked up isn't fun I'm sure however the decisions they made got them there. As for some who make these decisions they learn from their mistakes, it's those individuals that you never see back. For those who choose to complain how bad it is then why are are they repeat defenders. If you don't like it, stay out of trouble.
The jail is severely overcrowded. Several "inmates" sleep on a mat on the floor with no blanket or pillow. You also have to be pretty quick to the lunch line or you get no juice or food.

That being said, I don't feel too bad for those who committed a crime to get put there. There are some though who were at the wrong place at the wrong time and/or are the victims of police corruption or incompetence.
Anonymous

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Judged:

Not everyone on huntington is a skank. But there is quite a few I must say. It has gone down hill real fast. But we shouldn't judge people. Gods the judge, don't hate or send me a F'd up comment plz
AnthonyC

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Don't Worry About What these low lifes say!!ur very beautiful I would love to get to know u holla back and ill give u my email or name on facebook or myspace k bye sexy
whats rite

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

One hung lo wrote:
But thay still have rights thay are still human!
my thoughts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Judged:

well yes jail is'nt suppose to be a comfortable place 2 be but what kills me u have people doing 3 yrs 4 driving on a suspended license but someone can go out here and molest a child or the elderly and don't get shit.and yes i agree if u go once and don't like it then don't put yourself back in a situation to where u have 2 go back. but some do learn their lessons while others only know that life style. but no matter what u done to put yourself there u still need medical care and whether this is true or not i've heard inmates have died because lack of the jail personal not responding 2 their medical problems.i'm sure nobody has a perfect family and sure there is'nt anyone that has not known someone in jail but to let someone die from a heart attack and not help is sad. and not ev1 in jail are harden crimmanals.
The Cold Hard Truth

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

my thoughts wrote:
well yes jail is'nt suppose to be a comfortable place 2 be but what kills me u have people doing 3 yrs 4 driving on a suspended license but someone can go out here and molest a child or the elderly and don't get shit.and yes i agree if u go once and don't like it then don't put yourself back in a situation to where u have 2 go back. but some do learn their lessons while others only know that life style. but no matter what u done to put yourself there u still need medical care and whether this is true or not i've heard inmates have died because lack of the jail personal not responding 2 their medical problems.i'm sure nobody has a perfect family and sure there is'nt anyone that has not known someone in jail but to let someone die from a heart attack and not help is sad. and not ev1 in jail are harden crimmanals.
Have you heard of that going on in this prison?

I think not.

It has happened in some places throughout the country but it can be blamed on employee negligence, not negligence on the facilities part.

You know nothing about the jail is ran so don't speak of something you know nothing about. It just makes you look stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
danielle schafer (Aug '11) 41 min One of her kids 10
morris bldg fire 2 hr Ridiculous 20
Single WOMEN with KIDS are EASY but DONT date THEM (Nov '13) 2 hr oh no he didnt 106
amber n cremeans 3 hr porch 4
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr fitness-guru 54,019
highlawn neighborhood watch 3 hr Hey Jaimie 5
who got shot by hpd last night? 3 hr Anon 63
East end thief's (Nov '13) 4 hr Dealing Baltimore St 1,388
•••
•••
•••
Huntington Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Huntington Jobs

•••