C.P.S in Cabell county is a waste of our tax payers money!

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Concerned

Culloden, WV

#1 Mar 14, 2010
They never want involved when a child needs them and asks for help.There was a incident where the social worker demanded that a friend of mine quit calling her over abuse for here grandchildren. She said if she called she tell the parents everything.She was very rude and unprofessional. Protect the children? No they protect the abusers! what do you think?
betty ellis

United States

#2 Mar 14, 2010
The social workers have to work within the laws. now remember that law in america protects everybody including the wrong do-ers. The social workers have a challenging job trying to figure out how to keep a child safe at the same time of upholding their duty to law on both the parties even that of the alleged abuser.

If you ever took that part of the law away...the unfortunate reality is America would be like every other country where when you were accused of something you are instantly punished. we don't want that.

the social worker should not have ever been rude or unprofessional.
1 post removed

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, WV

#4 Mar 15, 2010
jess i really don't know what to tell ya, if you can't get any type of help try taking your story to the media,maybe someone there will listen or try to help you out ,or call all the lawyers offices you can find, maybe one of them will take your case pro-bono(spelling), wish ya the best of luck!
non resident

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Mar 19, 2010
I don't even live in Huntington and I know they are a joke. I can name off a handful of kids that should have been pulled from their homes a long time ago. Kids who's parents have been held at gunpoint by cops for having thousands and thousands of dollars worth of drugs on them. Who then turn around and get out on bond. And the house gets raided at gunpoint... with the kids in it... and the $100s and $100s food stamps that hard working peoples tax dollars go to, gets sold for more drugs. I don't care a bit to pay taxes if it helps a child out... but I sure as hell ain't no ones damn pill money supplier. It's rediculous. And cps AND welfare knows all of this and this has been going on for 2 years now. Those kids are begging to get out of there. And cps isn't listening. And this is just one of the MANY cases I can name off that cps is aware of and is not doing anything about in Huntington. Hell... drive through parts of town here in about another month around 2 am.... which is what time I used to be heading home from work and see if you see any young kids riding their bikes in the middle of the road in summer clothes in 50 degree weather. I've seen it on more than one occasion. And the parents are either outside partying or nowhere to be found. They are a joke! I wish I could have a job where I got paid big tax dollars to sit on my ass and occassionally have an arrest made just to cover my ass. But then again... I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that there are all these kids out there that need my help and I'm not doing a damn thing about it. And that I'm taking people who actually do their jobs tax dollars.
Truth

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Dec 23, 2010
Jessica wrote:
CPS is a complete joke. they are just like the rest of our government in West Virgina. CPS in cabell county will not investigate nothing. They leave kids in homes where they do not need to be. Wayne on the other hand,has the most crocked CPS i have ever seen. They are removing kids that do not need to be removed just because they don't like you or your attitude. As a matter of fact just recently the cps worker jessica goode was fired for neglegence, falsifying documents. do you know how many kids life she had just ruined. Including my children. Then the superviser wants to ask me how can we fix this. well we can't ever completely fix it. For one you can never take back time. i've lost 3 years. And where are my kids. they put them in a home with drug addicts and they were being starved. all because the cps worker did not like me and did not like my attitude. So where are my kids. and with no money i'm fighting a loosing battle. and the eople who have my kids are the basenback's. come on give me a break. if you are from huntington, then everyone knows the basenback's. none of them deserve nor do they need anymore children to raise.. if anyone knows what i can do. please help!!!!!!!!!
Well Jessica lets say you got your kids back ok??.. where would your kids now be living with you ??I suppose but whom else ??? From what you left out your shacked up with a murderer (Jessie Blevins) who killed his sons mommy with a knife to the neck and claims self defense only after trying to hide her body under the house and throw knife in a storm drain!!! What a joke get your life together before you ask for help and further more can't wait till justice comes for Mr Blevins and it will....
Social Worker

Harrisonburg, VA

#7 Dec 28, 2010
I'm a social worker who has worked for CPS In Cabell County (cps has nothing to do with huntington itself). I also have worked with many of the CPS workers in Wayne County. The workers in Cabell County get tons of calls every single day about kids. Every single one of then are investigated. Priority lies in the severity of the complaint. However, all investigations have to be started within 72 hours (some sooner depending on the severity). The state of WV tries to keep families together as long as possible before removing children. The workers are at the mercy of their state mandates on what they can do, and abruptly removing a child (no matter how bad the situation) actually has a negative effect on the child. It's really hard for the CPS workers to handle such a large number of cases. There are only so many workers and over 1000 new complaints every month. I'm not saying there are bad apples working for CPS, but generally the complaints are not always what they seem when someone investigates them. People make complaints because they are mad at their neighbor, family,etc... And that makes it hard for CPS to effectively do their job. 98% of the time that people complain about CPS is because they are in the wrong or not telling you the entire story.Give these social workers a break, their job is already very hardwithout people putting them down. Do their job for a day and you'll be amazed at the kind of things they have to deal with all the time.

Since: Jan 11

Huntington, WV

#8 Jan 3, 2011
Keep you legs closed that's what you can do about it, If you ever actually cared then you wouldn't have laid down with a Basenback. If you wasnt on the drugs and a murderers dick then you would realize you never deserved a kid in the first place. Dont throw stones in a glass house cuz as you see your house can and will come crashing down around you. You sure as hell dont need the one you actually do have custody of just for the welfare and free ride. Do you have that poor kid a home or a bed of his own yet or are you still dragging him from house to house man to man so you can get you fix? So please tell me are the drugs and many many men you lay with worth more to you than your own flesh and blood? Its seems to me that CPS did their job and a damn good one this time.
Someone who knows

Huntington, WV

#9 Jan 3, 2011
Social Worker wrote:
I'm a social worker who has worked for CPS In Cabell County (cps has nothing to do with huntington itself). I also have worked with many of the CPS workers in Wayne County. The workers in Cabell County get tons of calls every single day about kids. Every single one of then are investigated. Priority lies in the severity of the complaint. However, all investigations have to be started within 72 hours (some sooner depending on the severity). The state of WV tries to keep families together as long as possible before removing children. The workers are at the mercy of their state mandates on what they can do, and abruptly removing a child (no matter how bad the situation) actually has a negative effect on the child. It's really hard for the CPS workers to handle such a large number of cases. There are only so many workers and over 1000 new complaints every month. I'm not saying there are bad apples working for CPS, but generally the complaints are not always what they seem when someone investigates them. People make complaints because they are mad at their neighbor, family,etc... And that makes it hard for CPS to effectively do their job. 98% of the time that people complain about CPS is because they are in the wrong or not telling you the entire story.Give these social workers a break, their job is already very hardwithout people putting them down. Do their job for a day and you'll be amazed at the kind of things they have to deal with all the time.
I commend the Social Workers. I know it is a hard job that you do. I have small children of my own. Her losing her children was not a mad neighbor lying or someone who is mad. Unfortunately all these things about Jessica are true. It is so sad because I believe in my heart children need their mom. But in this case I do not. I wouldn't even let her babysit any of my children for 5 minutes. I have 5 all under the age of 10, they are my world. She also has a murderer living with her. If his temper flares it could be her or even a child he murders this time. Don't let her blame her being a horrible no good person on you Social Workers, If you workers want to help someone then help out an innocent mother who loves and deserves to have her children.
kat

Seattle, WA

#10 Jan 9, 2011
the people that shouldn't have there kids are always the ones who get to keep them i know a lady that has three kids none of them should be with her her house is nasty the oldest is 16 and pregnant and she runs away and sleeps with everyone has had stds and the woman doesn't teach them proper hygiene or feed them real food she never really cooks for them they eat sandwiches or candy she would rather sleep or follow after men that don't want her than to be a good mom the oldest was locked up and they let her out cause she got pregnant they all talk shit to people but when they are confronted they call the cops cps has been called numerous times and they do nothing I have met her current cps worker and she thinks its ok that the girls pregnant and runs away
Grrrrrrrrrr

Charleston, WV

#11 Jan 9, 2011
I'm not even a mother & I know they are no good!! To that organization kids are not the issue, but money sure to fuck is!! They'll strip a kid from its parents if they think they can, regardless of what is good for the child!! And I'm saying that as there general mentality, but maaaaayyybeeeeee not all of them..........
Social Worker

Huntington, WV

#12 Jan 11, 2011
Grrrrrrrrrr wrote:
I'm not even a mother & I know they are no good!! To that organization kids are not the issue, but money sure to fuck is!! They'll strip a kid from its parents if they think they can, regardless of what is good for the child!! And I'm saying that as there general mentality, but maaaaayyybeeeeee not all of them..........
Money has no bearing on any case received by CPS. Never once have I seen anyone treated different because they had or did not have money. It's obvious your stating something merely from opinions and conjecture. I would suggest you take the time and actually look into their job. Why don't you ask if you can shadow one for a day? I think you would be very shocked at all the stuff they have to deal with in a days time.
Being Honest

Harrisonburg, VA

#13 Jan 11, 2011
kat wrote:
the people that shouldn't have there kids are always the ones who get to keep them i know a lady that has three kids none of them should be with her her house is nasty the oldest is 16 and pregnant and she runs away and sleeps with everyone has had stds and the woman doesn't teach them proper hygiene or feed them real food she never really cooks for them they eat sandwiches or candy she would rather sleep or follow after men that don't want her than to be a good mom the oldest was locked up and they let her out cause she got pregnant they all talk shit to people but when they are confronted they call the cops cps has been called numerous times and they do nothing I have met her current cps worker and she thinks its ok that the girls pregnant and runs away
Maybe you need to get your facts straight about this mother and her children. You say CPS has been called and if that's the case then as the Social worker has stated it was investigated and evidently nothing was found wrong. It sounds to me that you are just a bitter person to this woman and her family. As for the 16 year old being pregant there are younger girls that are pregnant. I commend this mother that she stood by her daughter after getting pregnant. Most parents would kick their child out. Maybe you need to check yourself IF you're a mother. Worry about your children if you have any instead of throwing stones at someone else.
kathy

Huntington, WV

#14 Jan 12, 2011
thereas nothing for me to be bitter about i could care less it just goes to show you that our justice/cps system is one sided the ones that should have there kids do and the ones that should dont
kathy

Huntington, WV

#15 Jan 12, 2011
rewrite :::: THE ONES THAT SHOULDNT HAVE THERE KIDS DO AND THE ONES THAT SHOULD DONT
Trash

Huntington, WV

#16 Jan 12, 2011
You obviously have no clue what you're talking about if you think CPS cases have anything to do with money. The lack of money is the reason it's so difficult for the workers to see everyone in a timely manner! There isn't enough funds to hire more workers. Unfortunately, most people who they investigate aren't contributing taxes toward the funding for CPS. It's the hard working people who take care of their kids who pay taxes, which then pays for your welfare, HUD, food cards....and programs like CPS. You should also consider asking a CPS worker how much they earn per year. You'll find out really quick that they don't do their job for the money. They go to meth and crack houses, get hurt (or even murdered as evidenced by the case a couple years ago) and ate not protected or armed against the crazy homes they must go to.

Give them a break. They're doing the best they can with the resources they're given. Tell your trashy friends and neighbors to get jobs so that maybe they can start paying for these services.
I hate CPS

Charleston, WV

#17 Jan 12, 2011
I have witnessed the aftermath of CPS has had on families. They remove children from families because the mom doesn't jump through there hoops. They take kids because they need so many kids in the system to continue to get grants.If you take a look at how many kids are phyiscally abused in foster care compaired to their own parents. I never have heard of a family being reunified. The court system is as corrupt as the social workers. If they get it in there mind that you are bad they will do all they can to steal your kids.
Trash

United States

#18 Jan 12, 2011
Yes, their mission is to take kids away from nice families and leave crack kids in their homes. Really? Think before you write. Don't give CPS a reason to come to your house and they don't. Also, try getting a reputable job and some respect. It helps. You can't go on blaming others forever.
Social Worker

Harrisonburg, VA

#19 Jan 24, 2011
kathy wrote:
rewrite :::: THE ONES THAT SHOULDNT HAVE THERE KIDS DO AND THE ONES THAT SHOULD DONT
What evidence do you have of this? Instead of merely gossip or "because so and so told me," do you have any actual evidence this is happening? I'm sure you don't know anything about the case to even make that comment. You have no idea what CPS and the family are doing, what things may have been put into place, or any details about the actual case at all.
Remember, social workers are bound by state/federal laws and regulations. We can't perform miracles, we have to work within the system as well as we can!
Social Worker

Harrisonburg, VA

#20 Jan 24, 2011
I hate CPS wrote:
I have witnessed the aftermath of CPS has had on families. They remove children from families because the mom doesn't jump through there hoops. They take kids because they need so many kids in the system to continue to get grants.If you take a look at how many kids are phyiscally abused in foster care compaired to their own parents. I never have heard of a family being reunified. The court system is as corrupt as the social workers. If they get it in there mind that you are bad they will do all they can to steal your kids.
WOW, this entire post clearly indicates you have no idea what your talking about!!! A QUOTA on kids??!! Are you serious!!!!!!! That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

If a mom doesn't "jump through hoops" to keep her kids, she obviously doesn't want them that bad. CPS doesn't remove children without good reason. I know I'd jump through hoops for my kids, and DO that every day. I never needed CPS to tell me what I needed to do to take care if my kids. But, on the same hand, I've never given CPS a reason to visit me!

Maybe if ppl treated their kids right then CPS wouldn't need to get involved. Social Workers don't like getting calls about kids, much less taking them. They do every thing they can to keep families together. If the families would work just as hard with them there would be no problems.
backing social workers

Wexford, PA

#21 Jan 24, 2011
I think if someone is a habitual caller and CPS continues to prove the motives behind these calls and proves they are all lies like people calling to get even with someone then they should press charges against the caller. Maybe they would have more time to focus on kids that really need them and they wouldn't get so many needless phone calls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
herd football 2014 3 min Observer 279
Obese kids parents are u happy now 4 min Survey says 46
whiskey rocks shooting 12 min whodini 40
samantha blevins 34 min mmm 12
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 40 min Yes it is me 58,135
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 50 min peter flinch 231
bobby kirk 1 hr neighbor 2
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••