Tropical Moon Frozen Yougart Open

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joyce

United States

#1 Sep 16, 2011
Has anyone been there yet ? nice to see another restaurant open in Huntington.
wt

United States

#2 Sep 17, 2011
Joyce wrote:
Has anyone been there yet ? nice to see another restaurant open in Huntington.
Where never heard of it
Sara

Richmond, VA

#3 Sep 17, 2011
It's exactly like Yogurt Mountain at the BooksaMillion in Charleston. I stopped there earlier today after Chilifest. It's very good and I definitely recommend it.
omg

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2011
Where is it??
Customer

United States

#5 Sep 18, 2011
omg wrote:
Where is it??
It's on 4th Ave near 9th St beside the card store. Just by the parking lot across from Rio Grande
Tim

Ashland, KY

#6 Oct 19, 2011
It's shit. Nothing but a Pinkberry rip off. Their flavors aren't as flavorful and their toppings are exactly the same. Go to Nashville and get yourself a Pinkberry!

Level 4

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7 Oct 19, 2011
Hey Tim, why the fuk would i go to Nashville to (200 miles a way) get a dairy frozen treat, when i can got 2 miles from my house and get the same thing??? So I should just take advantage of the closer drive then. So STFU... your argument is worthless.
larry

South Hill, VA

#8 Oct 19, 2011
Amazing is all I can say!!!
LaTiDa39

Ardsley, NY

#9 May 5, 2012
It's great I went there yesterday it's really good and cheap me and my friend got large cups full of yogurt with awesome toppings and it was five bucks
Hmmmm

Fincastle, VA

#10 May 5, 2012
I was at the Merritts Creek location about a week ago.
The staff was very nice and very helpful, but I am not a fan of their flavors or their self-serve business model.

Also, I thought it was pricey for a self-serve place (they charge by the ounce, and it adds up quickly - a cup of yogurt with some tiny M&M sprinkles and hot fudge was $6). It was nothing special taste-wise either. They do not even offer milkshakes, which was another disappointment.

All in all, I liked the staff, but not the restaurant. That is just my personal opinion though.
TooMuch

Mount Vernon, OH

#11 May 5, 2012
$5 is too much. Even Pinkberry in Las Vegas (I was there 2 weeks ago) has a large for $3.50 and that includes 3 toppings and additional toppings were 40 cents each. Their flagship store in LA on weekends sells a large with unlimited toppings for $5. I hope to see this local place be successful, but prices are going to have to come down alot, especially in the summer months when frozen treats are most popular and the consumer has more choices. I prefer Cold Stone myself. A lot of people aren't aware there was a frozen yougart place downtown. Poor location I think, since downtown is dead after 5pm and on weekends.
hahaha

Huntington, WV

#12 May 5, 2012
TooMuch wrote:
$5 is too much. Even Pinkberry in Las Vegas (I was there 2 weeks ago) has a large for $3.50 and that includes 3 toppings and additional toppings were 40 cents each. Their flagship store in LA on weekends sells a large with unlimited toppings for $5. I hope to see this local place be successful, but prices are going to have to come down alot, especially in the summer months when frozen treats are most popular and the consumer has more choices. I prefer Cold Stone myself. A lot of people aren't aware there was a frozen yougart place downtown. Poor location I think, since downtown is dead after 5pm and on weekends.
Interesting since they had 400 customers in one day last week. Lmao
oh boy

Huntington, WV

#13 May 5, 2012
Hmmmm wrote:
I was at the Merritts Creek location about a week ago.
The staff was very nice and very helpful, but I am not a fan of their flavors or their self-serve business model.
Also, I thought it was pricey for a self-serve place (they charge by the ounce, and it adds up quickly - a cup of yogurt with some tiny M&M sprinkles and hot fudge was $6). It was nothing special taste-wise either. They do not even offer milkshakes, which was another disappointment.
All in all, I liked the staff, but not the restaurant. That is just my personal opinion though.
I noticed the price the other day when I was there. It's 44 per ounce. If your cup was $ 6 then you ate over 13 ounces of yogurt. That's almost a pound.
Honestly, that's more dessert than anyone should have.
AreUSerious

Danville, WV

#14 May 5, 2012
I doubt that they 400 customers in one day last week. Maybe 40. I walk by there to and from my parking space at work and have never seen anyone in the place. I agree with OH BOY, frozen yougart is suppose to be healthier for you but if someone ate almost a pound of it, you would be better off getting a gallon of Rocky Road ice cream for $2.50 at Kroger. Also frozen yougart is so 80's. That is why there are only a handful of TCBY's still open today. It must be an employee or a family member getting upset if someone doesn't praise the place.

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#15 May 5, 2012
Ed Lake owns that place, married to the woman who owns Slug and Pee-a, and Whisk. The rent there is a little steep, and he has high overhead- hence the pricey deserts. But they have had steady biz ever since they opened it. IMO, its good stuff, dont know If agree its healthy, but I like it.
WeightLoss

Dublin, OH

#16 May 5, 2012
I was eating frozen yougart as a treat to myself while on a diet. My doctor told me that frozen yougart has less fat than ice cream but contains more sugar and with all the toppings added (I had mine without toppings) a person would be better off eating a bananna split from Dairy Queen. I now buy ice cream from the store with less sugar added. I read more articles about frozen yougart and several articles said if you ate 4 oz a day for one week, at the end of the week, you would have been better off eating 8 oz of ice cream twice a day. Maybe they should switch to selling more ice cream.

Huntington, WV

#17 May 5, 2012
AreUSerious wrote:
I doubt that they 400 customers in one day last week. Maybe 40. I walk by there to and from my parking space at work and have never seen anyone in the place. I agree with OH BOY, frozen yougart is suppose to be healthier for you but if someone ate almost a pound of it, you would be better off getting a gallon of Rocky Road ice cream for $2.50 at Kroger. Also frozen yougart is so 80's. That is why there are only a handful of TCBY's still open today. It must be an employee or a family member getting upset if someone doesn't praise the place.
Um, yep, it was 400. And I'm not family or an employee ... it was reported in the news this week the day the temperatures almost broke the record. You must be a competitor. Lololololol
Tiger

Mooresville, NC

#18 May 5, 2012
What's the best flavor?
Hmmmm

Huntington, WV

#19 May 5, 2012
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>
Um, yep, it was 400. And I'm not family or an employee ... it was reported in the news this week the day the temperatures almost broke the record. You must be a competitor. Lololololol[/QUOTE]

Id bet my house that you are an employee or related to the owner. And since when does the news tell the truth? Theyre desperate for a story, theyll spin anything. The yogurt is a little bit steep for such a poor area. I do enjoy it but I don't really care about the owner being overcharged on his rent or his high overhead, if he wants to continue to maintain business, he'll have to get with the program, we live in the land of the dollar menu nowadays and businesses know that. Also I don't want to self serve myself
Media

Elyria, OH

#20 May 5, 2012
What tv station, radio station or newspaper reported the story about 400 customers in one day ? If I was a business owner and the media came in to do a story about my place, of course I would say that my business was packed wall to wall earlier that day. No business owner is going to say "business was awful today, I sent my staff home early and I sat in the back room playing on Facebook for 8 hours." Sounds like they made up the 400 number to make people think WOW, it must be good yougart, let's load the kids up in the car and go see for ourselves. I too would take advantage of free advertising. If this was the downtown location on a Mon-Fri workday, children were in school, people who don't work downtown aren't going to drive downtown on their lunch break for frozen yougart. If there were 400 customers, it must have been downtown employees. Since no one shops downtown & people hate doing business downtown, I guess the workers have nothing else to do but eat frozen yougart. Well, I better go for now, I just counted 8 cars driving by my house, I need to go tell my neighbors that those are the 8 cars my husband just bought me for mothers day. There is a school bus stop near my house, I wonder if I can get the tv station to come to my house and do a story so I can tell them that the 32 kids that ride that bus are my own children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Mr president 16 min gary 30
Another school shooting. 23 min southern at heart 128
Reasons we have school shootings. 32 min gary 18
US Army dropping Grenade Competency 49 min southern at heart 8
Another disgruntled liberal shoots up a school 56 min gary 100
Horrible smell between my wife's legs 3 hr Bobby 2
Golden Coral Neck Tattoo employees 4 hr Hillary 11

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance