Goodwill Industries
betty-white

Charleston, WV

#43 Nov 20, 2012
[I don't understand why people want to down Goodwill either. It is shame. They do the Dell Reconnect, which saves landfills. It is called recycling people. They do Shred, people watch them do it everyday. I tell you what is sad , when people dump their trash in front of goodwill and they have to pay to have it removed. What is wrong with you people?
You act like you have something against them making any money. It is called recycling.
I think you should know the facts before you start bad mouthing them. You people don't even know the facts, you just run your mouth.
1 post removed
Becky Black

Colonial Heights, VA

#45 Nov 21, 2012
Agreed with above statement!

If you have the money to sit infront of your computer paying internet fees or can affort a smart phone then u can afford the goodwill's prices ........Get a clue pp.
hillbilly

United States

#46 Nov 21, 2012
The Game wrote:
Has anyone noticed the increase in prices at the local Goodwill's lately? They have raised quite a bit and if you notice the stock seems to have slacked off. Well I hate to tell you, but they are taking the best items and selling them on Ebay and at the local flea markets. As a shopper you are not seeing half of what comes into those stores, don't fall for the public relations spin they put on it. They are a terrible company, they even banned their employees from speaking to each other.
RUSSIA" USED TO BYE A LOT OF "USED LEVI PANTS.
1 post removed
Anonymous

Saint Albans, WV

#48 Nov 21, 2012
Somebody got fired from goodwill..and is real sore about it....ward youre a little hard on the beaver...how about goin after ashland oil...or...novamont..they make the real money...and everybodys health suffers as a result goodwill finds jobs for people who otherwise couldnt find employment....stop hating...i would hate to see what would happen if goodwill started making big bucks....uproar
show me

Hurricane, WV

#49 Nov 21, 2012
Goodwill employees handicap people that could't Otherwise get a job? Really? Where? The people I see there selling, putting out merchandise, and loading seem just fine. What disabilites are you talking of? My sister works at a local goodwill. Nothing wrong with her. She just needed a job.
Anonymous

Saint Albans, WV

#50 Nov 21, 2012
show me wrote:
Goodwill employees handicap people that could't Otherwise get a job? Really? Where? The people I see there selling, putting out merchandise, and loading seem just fine. What disabilites are you talking of? My sister works at a local goodwill. Nothing wrong with her. She just needed a job.
That is sufficient evidence for me...lets me know you dont have a clue...thanx for clearing that up!!
show me

Hurricane, WV

#51 Nov 21, 2012
yardsales wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sufficient evidence for me...lets me know you dont have a clue...thanx for clearing that up!!
Just as this clears up the fact you should be working at goodwill.
GW girl

Ashland, OH

#52 Nov 21, 2012
show me wrote:
Not everyone at Goodwill is disabled and not all disabilities are visible to the eye.
Gigi

Huntington, WV

#53 Nov 28, 2012
show me wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as this clears up the fact you should be working at goodwill.
Not all disablilties are physical. Goodwill trains people in hoft skills and teaches them how to be their best. So if you don't notice someone with a disabilies Then Goodwill is working.
oh yea

Richmond, VA

#54 Nov 28, 2012
i agree very rude woman shes always complaining about customers i hear her when im shopping and im like helloooooooooo i hear u crazy lady . i hope someone working there reads this and tells the manager .he should have a talk with that woman
Jeremy

Ardsley, NY

#55 Nov 28, 2012
Goodwill is good

Level 9

Since: Aug 11

Richmond, VA

#56 Nov 29, 2012
oh yea wrote:
i agree very rude woman shes always complaining about customers i hear her when im shopping and im like helloooooooooo i hear u crazy lady . i hope someone working there reads this and tells the manager .he should have a talk with that woman
Why don't you tell the Manager ?
oh yea

Richmond, VA

#57 Nov 29, 2012
Bobolay wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you tell the Manager ?
i was going to but i was told others complained and they wont do anything about it so why bother
old faith full

Charleston, WV

#58 Jan 30, 2014
All the long term employées left for à reason. Upper management went to shit. How much actual hands on experience in retail was taken in considération before she got the job. Certificates dont mean much. Everything aimée put into makng Goodwill what it was over all those years went to crap less than à year later.
yea right

United States

#59 Mar 5, 2014
fat man in the party van wrote:
Um 120000 is chump change for a CEO
Sounds fair to me
Paid that much to sit on their ass, while the underpaid bust their butts. Dont think so.
vshopppq

Hurricane, WV

#60 Mar 15, 2014
motherof3 wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever ask what dell does with the computers after goodwill sends the computers to them. they fix them and send them out to schools and other places that need them. and about the tvs most that go to goodwill do not work and they ke all the goods stuff that is not true they are not even aloud to shop at the store they work at. so i think before you bad mouth gooodwill find out what they really do!!!!!
yes its true they are all crooked and gréedy way to high not just one store but all of them ive had several people stop going there they all pàck big handbags and stuff them full or have other people shop for them happens at every store even happened in kentucky when i lived there they dont care about their customers much less their employees no wonder they take what they want i give to the needy not the greedy wont go to any of them again thats my opinion and i know many agree and wont go their either so person of another ràce wont say your name i wont be there to watch your family and friends shop for you i dont like virginia ave any way and btw that blonde with ponytail your not fooling anybody
recognize

Huntington, WV

#61 Mar 17, 2014
Idk where u r getting ur info but the people that work there hav some spry of mental disorder just because u can't see the disorder doesn't mean it's there! An they r reaching out to people by selling at the flea markets pleas do your homework cause your sounding stupid
recognize

Huntington, WV

#62 Mar 17, 2014
And the employees can't shop at their own store nor can they hold anything!
tim bennett

High Point, NC

#63 Feb 17, 2017
goodwill industries doesn't care about their employees the chief executive officers make more than their employees $280/hour that's too much money i worked at goodwill industries back in 1986 for 34 days i was referred by vocational rehabilitation my former counselor judy lockhart told me i get paid based on my productivity i couldn't grt a job in the community they said i had autism spectrum disorder or mental retardation that is false mental health is to blame for me being held back a grade in school that's right i'm stupid they were wrong goodwill industries is nothing but a for profit enterprise they get stuff for free they raise the price 2 to 5 times higher in their stores so they can rip you the customer off it's a scam don't donate to them
Venting17

Waynesboro, VA

#64 Feb 17, 2017
sempron wrote:
I have reason to believe at least one location has some employees that pounce on the "good stuff" before it hits the shelves. I took some items there a couple months ago, but from now on, I think I'll find someone who needs them or put them on Craigslist under the "free" section.
yes i agree, i dont donate to them anymore because of the price increase on things that are MOSTLY given to them and the disabled issue, they make me sick i have TONS of stuff to get rid of i am going to do what you are, im going to find someone that is need of it by asking around or simply on craigslist or facebook. i personally think goodwill is nothing but a steal and on top of there prices, when you check out they ask you if you would like to round up the change to help out some charity...uh no thank you ill donated my hard earn money myself and see that it gets to them its become nothing but another money hungry place just like the rest of them, nobody is out to help anyone anymore they are all out to help themselves anything to make a dollar this little consignment shop i heard about is suppose to be awesome, its local and they dont make money off anything the money they do make they take it to put more food in the pantry they give out food to those in need and they do sell clothes and stuff but very very cheap. a friend of mine went there and she bought a bunch of really nice jeans for .25 a pair and said they were hardly worn i just havent checked it out but keep doing what your doing goodwill is a rip off

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 210 2 min Citizen AntiMark 42
Black females refuse to listen to liberals. Hil... 4 min Ya momma boy 12
Trump on Nursing Homes and old people 5 min Frank Underwood 3
Name that drug dealer or drug house And go 8 min B I N G O B I N G O 20
Huntington Babe Ruth 11 min Redraft 582
Bill Clinton Accusers Want his Statue taken Down 25 min Mr_Zerubbabel 5
Healthcare Reform In United States 27 min Barcelona Bill 2
Josh Fitzpatrick Fired 2 hr love chelsea 76

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web