Goodwill Industries
dragon lady

Springfield, NJ

#21 Sep 14, 2012
I hope the employees that are on here posting negativity, aren't caught. Because apparently u don't like your jobs and don't want to be there, hopefully corporate can fix that you.
Gigi

Franklin, PA

#22 Sep 14, 2012
It is not a crime to try and make money. Most of the people who work at GW are hard working and dependable. GW is going thru some changes and trying a new updated look. The prices have raised some but so has electric and gas prices. Some of the programs that GW has they have taken a beating
freedom of speach

Columbus, OH

#23 Sep 14, 2012
Dragon lady its called freedom of speach
dragon lady

Springfield, NJ

#24 Sep 15, 2012
freedom of speach wrote:
Dragon lady its called freedom of speach
That's true, but why stay where u don't want to be. I think the speakers should go elsewhere. And maybe they need a little help getting there. One bad apple spoils the whole bunch!
not impressed

Hansford, WV

#25 Sep 15, 2012
ive been going to goodwill for years to find that great bargian.(clothes,books,items)i ts like going to an yard sale all year long , but my recent trip there was very diapointing. they done away with the dollar clothes bins ,now they sale them all on hangers for more cash, and they just seemed to have very low stock. i do think my days of goodwill shopping have come to an end.
concerned

Springfield, NJ

#26 Sep 15, 2012
not impressed wrote:
ive been going to goodwill for years to find that great bargian.(clothes,books,items)i ts like going to an yard sale all year long , but my recent trip there was very diapointing. they done away with the dollar clothes bins ,now they sale them all on hangers for more cash, and they just seemed to have very low stock. i do think my days of goodwill shopping have come to an end.
I agree, I was going everyday I could. I haven't been back for three weeks. There is nothing there anymore.
great place

Springfield, NJ

#27 Sep 15, 2012
not impressed wrote:
I went to the goodwill on the west end yesterday, their shelves are overflowing with bargains. Saw a few high priced items but I wasn't interested in those. 1.75 is not a lot to pay for baby clothes or 2.75 for a Hollister t-shirt. I like to save money and look good doing it, GOODWILL allows me to do that.
junior

Springfield, NJ

#28 Sep 15, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, I was going everyday I could. I haven't been back for three weeks. There is nothing there anymore.
Sorry u feel that way but it just leaves more stuff for the rest of us. I go to most of the Goodwills in thee area and I like some of the changes, others not so much, but I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. I like saving money!
Gigi

Franklin, PA

#29 Sep 15, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
She should, but doesn't
I say goodwill is not a fortune 500 company.
ButtPucker

Huntington, WV

#30 Sep 15, 2012
goodwill works handicap people to make money off of em
Massive9

Huntington, WV

#31 Sep 16, 2012
here is what i can't get.....how do good will charge tax on used items?......the tax was already paid when bought new.....isn't that like me charging tax at a yard sale?.....
Massive999

Proctorville, OH

#32 Sep 16, 2012
Massive9 i guess you have never bought a used car then.
1 post removed
not impressed

AOL

#34 Sep 19, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I was going everyday I could. I haven't been back for three weeks. There is nothing there anymore.
yeah they seem to be putting alot less out at the barboursville one , i have not been to the milton or westend one in an very long time but i do go to barboursville all the time and its getting very skimpy there.i was there today and they were loading an uhaul up with goods ,who knows where they were taking those donations too , i think they needed to keep them at that store
concerned

Springfield, NJ

#35 Sep 19, 2012
not impressed wrote:
<quoted text>yeah they seem to be putting alot less out at the barboursville one , i have not been to the milton or westend one in an very long time but i do go to barboursville all the time and its getting very skimpy there.i was there today and they were loading an uhaul up with goods ,who knows where they were taking those donations too , i think they needed to keep them at that store
A u-haul? It wasn't a goodwill truck?
just someone

United States

#36 Sep 22, 2012
Goodwill does not allow their employess to shop or purchase anything at the location where they work. I'm pretty sure that's not legal. I know of some people who are saying they are going to consult with a legal representative. Companies think they can treat their customers and employees any kind of way they want.
just someone

United States

#37 Sep 22, 2012
And if the CEO is making $120000, she should be ashamed of herself. The whole reason Goodwill is making changes is because none of the stores was generating profit. They weren't able to meet the goals that were set in place. With just one salary that's $120000, how could you expect a buisness to thrive on donated materials.
Gigi

Franklin, PA

#38 Sep 24, 2012
just someone wrote:
Goodwill does not allow their employess to shop or purchase anything at the location where they work. I'm pretty sure that's not legal. I know of some people who are saying they are going to consult with a legal representative. Companies think they can treat their customers and employees any kind of way they want.
No we are not allow to shop at the store we work at but we can shop at anyother goodwill. So many shopper had the misconception that we got first dibs on items in the back. Not realizing that we could only shop after an item was out in the store for an hour. Goodwill has camaras and uses them. I am saving money not being able to shop while I am at my work. So yeah me!!!!!
agree

Hurricane, WV

#39 Sep 24, 2012
Overpriced.
steelers fan

Richmond, VA

#40 Nov 19, 2012
whats the deal with the black lady that works at goodwill on rt 60 shes very rude people like that should not work with the pubic.i live in the west end and i have never been treated poorly by anyone working at that goodwill.so my advice is dont go there.
1 post removed
GW girl

Ashland, OH

#42 Nov 20, 2012
Stephanie wrote:
Goodwill makes the handicapped clean office buildings for money. Slave labor of the handicapped.
Typically, slaves don't get paid. These people are paid and told what their wages will be at the time they are hired. They are not forced to work there. Goodwill gives people with disabilities an opportunity to hold down a job. Most places won't do that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cars R Us 46 min Tying 9
special metals is closing tube and bar mills! i... 1 hr sigh 108
hpv cancer risk in menopause 1 hr The More You Know 27
for black people 2 hr poster 5
white women chasing black men 2 hr Chuck Spears 2
cops & ambulance on east pea ridge? 2 hr Chuck Spears 3
Detroit dudes with 3 names 2 hr needtogobacktoafrica 4

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance