First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Fine

Huntington, WV

#109 Nov 22, 2013
xwkw05 wrote:
Does cabell test newborn for suboxone
I am a nurse i am also 7 months pregnant and currently taking methadone. Suboxone is the last choice for addicted mothers. Methadone would be the first. Mothers have been being treated with methadone safely for over 25yrs with no birth defects. Only problem you might run into is low birth weight. DO NOT let yourself withdraw that is the worst thing to do. your baby starts to withdraw 6hrs before you. Cold turkey will send you into labor and if you are in first trimester you will miscarry. No doctor will wean you off during pregnancy. Don't listen to these idiots on here you are taking the right steps to get help and don't feel ashamed nobody is perfect well except my son... he is due is Jan he is actually above average weight and everything is perfect. Methadone saved his life and i am not ashamed. i am living way better than i was when i found out i was pregnant.
huntington resident

Troy, VA

#110 Nov 22, 2013
Good grief. Why aren't we testing our medical professionals for drugs?

I certainly wouldn't want a nurse on methadone taking care of me while I was in the hospital.

Since: Feb 13

Lizemores, WV

#111 Nov 29, 2013
Once a junky always one huh ? I was one, I have been clean for several years. I'm doing better than most people I know who has never had an addiction. Lol I'll remember every negative comment I've ever heard, makes me work harder. I'm sure that all is going to be great, oh poor me huh ? I'll keep that in mind, when I'm at work. As a Mechanical Engineer ! What do you do ?
Baby RN

Lynchburg, VA

#112 Nov 30, 2013
Weaning yourself during pregnancy can cause miscarriage. Subutex is recommended for pregnancy. There are programs for this. Yes, a baby will be tested, it can show up in drug tests and NO breast feeding is not recommended if the baby withdrawals. Baby's are watched for 5 days for signs of withdrawal. If you try to hide your drug use and your baby goes home then it can have seizures, stroke, and possibly die. They may even withdrawal from just 2 mg subutex. Another words, tell your doctor and get in a program.
mr mister

Branchland, WV

#113 Nov 30, 2013
huntington resident wrote:
Good grief. Why aren't we testing our medical professionals for drugs?

I certainly wouldn't want a nurse on methadone taking care of me while I was in the hospital.
They do test but only randomly and with cause. I do agree they should do it a lot more frequently.
greeneyes

United States

#114 Nov 30, 2013
I have actually had a few friends in this same situation. I highly recommend David Chaffin at Cabell Huntington Hospital. He specializes in this.
momagain

South Point, OH

#115 Dec 2, 2013
clw1022 wrote:
I see a lot of judging on this site. you people that are making all these judgments, are you addicts? do you have any idea what it's like to be pregnant and addicted to drugs? these women are trying to find answers not coming here to be the judge that's the Lord's job not yours!
No,I don't know what it's like to be pregnant and addicted to drugs, perhaps, because I never used drugs, especially when I was pregnant. I gave birth to four healthy babies and even raised them all to adulthood!BTW, since I am raising two of my grandchildren who were born addicted, soon to be joined by their newborn addicted sister, I think I have a perfect right to judge!
1 post removed
mr mister

Branchland, WV

#117 Dec 3, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>Because you raise junkies?
It's no accident that your children are junkies.
momagain

South Point, OH

#118 Dec 4, 2013
mr mister wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no accident that your children are junkies.
I have three other children(adults) who are law-abiding, productive citizens who take good care of their children and help me a lot with the grandchildren I am raising. I have never used drugs or alcohol and always taught my children that they were better off without those things in their lives. My son (father of the kids I have) has been diagnosed with mental illness. The children's mother, obviously, is the drug addict. BTW, my grown children are not junkies or drunks.
okheregoes

United States

#119 Apr 16, 2014
Okay here goes nothing first of all the problems with what everyone is saying is that none of that know what they're talking about other than the nurse. Second of all I was on suboxin when I got pregnant with my child I had my child and she was perfectly healthy. my doctors were aware of the situation and they monitor the situation closely. as long as her OB know that she is on it and that is Dr prescribe she will not have a problem. Everyone who is saying that your friend is a junkie is crazy Suboxin is frequently prescribed for pain as well as addiction which people would know if they actually did the research. my daughter had no withdrawal symptoms she was born perfectly healthy. tell your friend the best thing she can do is be honest and upfront with her doctors.
wondering

Washington, WV

#120 Apr 21, 2014
Okheregoes... I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago and I have been on suboxone for 2 yrs (not prescribed for 1 year) I am taking illegally as you would say! This pregnancy was a complete accident! I am actually from Montana so I'm not sure how things work in wv! So my questions are...do I have to go to two separate doctors like one for subutex and the other my obgyn? Bc whete I'm from the obgyn prescribes the subutex! I am also reading you have to enter a program! Like if you arr prescribed subutex you have to take classes? & how long do they keep the babies in the hospital? Last question what are some good doctors for subutex around here?
5 posts removed
ddddd

Summersville, WV

#126 Aug 19, 2015
Will I test positive I did a quarter piece of subtext and I'm due on the first and I did it on the 15
2 posts removed
facts

United States

#129 Aug 21, 2015
mr mister wrote:
<quoted text>
They do test but only randomly and with cause. I do agree they should do it a lot more frequently.
They test all babies and mothers now!!!!!
1 post removed
OnlyGodCanJudge

Havelock, NC

#131 Sep 4, 2015
Omg... some ppl are IGNORANT! Why would ANYone be on this forum unless they needed to know about sub testing in newborns for themselves or someone close to them? 1st: Ppl take suboxone to stay off pills or any other opiate they may be addicted to... that alone is a clear sign that they are no longer using & should be congratulated for that. 2nd: Not all pregnancies are planned. 3rd: It's bc of ppl like you on here bashing & berating that these women are too scared to tell their drs they've been taking a medication to stay clean for the sake of their health & their unborn child's. Stop judging & try to make the world a better place by keeping your mouths shut. It's disgusting. Best of luck to the Mommies wanting the best for their babies. May God show you the way. XoXo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
East End heroin overdose 9 min Scorned 42
Attention Any White Women 34 min Tyron Jefferson 5
No one here identifies with Trump 35 min The Watchman 5
Hipsters dressed like lumberjacks 41 min con stee patient 12
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Governor Alex Wei... 1,283
Dentist (Jan '13) 2 hr Tooth fairy 45
Antonio Stubblefield anyone know him? 3 hr Bob 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages