|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

RN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope suboxone is not safe for a fetus nor is it safe to breast feed while taking suboxone. Anything you put in your system passes through breast milk to your baby. Although subutex is permitted while pregnant I am unsure if it is considered safe while breast feeding. Lastly I would like to say if you are taking suboxone or considering taking suboxone during pregnancy or while breast feeding and gathering your information from topix you are low life trash and should have your baby taken away from you as soon as you give birth!!! You truly gag me!!
Go gag on what you gag on best, bitch. A big fat Harry cock, that is!!!
Labor and Delivery Nurse

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

I work on a L&D floor and we test for suboxone. It's on our standard drug test panel. If we drug test that is one of the twelve things we test for.
Yep

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

If u have to worry about what is going to show up in your babiea system, then you are a wirthless pos and do indeed deserve to have your child taken from u
Me too

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

xwkw05 wrote:
Does cabell test newborn for suboxone
i don't know about that but they drug test the babies so if the mother has taken anything they can keep the baby from withdraws. Cable has a wing opened for drug addicted babies which is sad
Me too

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Labor and Delivery Nurse wrote:
I work on a L&D floor and we test for suboxone. It's on our standard drug test panel. If we drug test that is one of the twelve things we test for.
I give a lot of thanks to cabell and you nurses and the nurses in picu. Thank you
Little one

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

I have a grand kid that was born addicted to drugs because of my daughter. It's a terrible thing when you have to watch these babies withdraw from garbage that their mother gave them. I love my daughter BUT She Is an adult. She can care for herself. My grand baby cannot care for its self. So it has to have someone to stand up and protect it from its own mother who cares nothing for it. I think the law should take away the rights of these so called mothers and have them FIXED so NO MORE BABIES will be done this way.
1 post removed
I Know

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Little one wrote:
I have a grand kid that was born addicted to drugs because of my daughter. It's a terrible thing when you have to watch these babies withdraw from garbage that their mother gave them. I love my daughter BUT She Is an adult. She can care for herself. My grand baby cannot care for its self. So it has to have someone to stand up and protect it from its own mother who cares nothing for it. I think the law should take away the rights of these so called mothers and have them FIXED so NO MORE BABIES will be done this way.
You know, my mother wasn't happy when she found out I had to have my child on methadone and she didn't enjoy (nor did I) watching her grandchild go through the withdrawal. But, she know's and knew that I loved my baby and I didn't purposely get pregnant on methadone, as a matter of fact I was on birth control. So, she loved me and her grandchild enough to be there for and support both of us and because we get along and because she is supportive my life, her life, and most importantly her grandchild's life is much better for it. With an attitude like you have, the best thing for your grandchild and daughter is to stay the heck away from both of them.

If your daughter is clean or on a maintenance program today and being a responsible,loving parent then she is doing a better job than a lot of mother's out there that aren't on drugs! Did you ever think of that? If she isn't being a responsible parent, she's neglectful and abusive to her child, and/or she is doing illegal drugs and putting her child in dangerous situations (like drug deals, or getting messed up instead of taking care of her child) then your time would be better spent on the phone with CPS than topix. But, if the only thing she did or is
doing is take methadone the way it is prescribed then the only person that needs removed from that baby's life
IS YOU!
2 posts removed
I Know

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Ok, 3 minutes before this my first post showed up as post removed, I repost it and they both come up. That's one that's never happened before. Interesting.

Anyway, Ghetto Valley, your idea there is no place in this world for addicts, I've read a lot of your ignorant posts and can honestly say I know more than one heroin addict (some in recovery and some still using) with much more sense than you! So, if evolution is dependent on us getting rid of ignorant people then you should be the first to go and then we'll worry about the addicts!
Little one

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, my mother wasn't happy when she found out I had to have my child on methadone and she didn't enjoy (nor did I) watching her grandchild go through the withdrawal. But, she know's and knew that I loved my baby and I didn't purposely get pregnant on methadone, as a matter of fact I was on birth control. So, she loved me and her grandchild enough to be there for and support both of us and because we get along and because she is supportive my life, her life, and most importantly her grandchild's life is much better for it. With an attitude like you have, the best thing for your grandchild and daughter is to stay the heck away from both of them.
If your daughter is clean or on a maintenance program today and being a responsible,loving parent then she is doing a better job than a lot of mother's out there that aren't on drugs! Did you ever think of that? If she isn't being a responsible parent, she's neglectful and abusive to her child, and/or she is doing illegal drugs and putting her child in dangerous situations (like drug deals, or getting messed up instead of taking care of her child) then your time would be better spent on the phone with CPS than topix. But, if the only thing she did or is
doing is take methadone the way it is prescribed then the only person that needs removed from that baby's life
IS YOU!
. It's great you got yourself together. And always thank your mom for being there I know how she feels. You have NO clue what I have been thru with all this. My girl left her child in the nicu at cabell 2 days after birth to hit the streets again to prostitute. My g/child's dad left neither one wanted the child I had to go 2 months latter to get custody. The parents turns around to have another child and it was addicted. CPA took the other child they had. And as for my girl I love her very much. And have put her in rehab countless times. But now she's back out doing heiron and selling her body. I still have her children. She doesn't see them doesn't want to neither does the dad. I have gave my life up to raise her babies. Because she wouldn't. But you are intitled to your opinions. But I am soooo happy everytime I hear someone made it off drugs. Good luck to you and your family I sure hope one day I can say my baby BEAT THE STREETS and not that the streets beat her. Because her children need her and so do I.
witchy woman

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

I was told they test for everything! And if your baby tests positive then the parents are and child protective services are called and your baby don't leave the hospital! These babies didnt ask to be born. Get off your drug addicted ass and at least give them a fighting chance since all you can do right is open them legs up and say ahhhh!! Poor excuse for a woman that don't at least try to have a healthy baby!

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

How sad... I'm usually not one to judge, but shame on u (or whoever is pregnant)!!!! I do commend you for getting off of the "major drugs" since you're pregnant, but suboxen is still a drug! That innocent baby will be going through withdrawals from any drug you take!...And you're worried about CPS??? That goes to show where your mind is truly at! You're more worried about getting caught than the well being of your unborn blessing from God! I pray you get your priorities straight! Children always come first! WAY BEFORE DRUGS! So sad.......!!!
Seriously

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Ghetto Valley wrote:
Oh okay, you aren't pregnant you are just asking stupid questions about the hospital drug testing newborns. Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Enjoy that baby while you can cps is going to snatch it when they realize it's already a crackhead and dope sick off of heroin withdrawals.
Is it every time you type something on hear you sound like an idiot or just every 9 out 10 times?
3 posts removed
Seriously

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it every time you type something on hear you sound like an idiot or just every 9 out 10 times?
*here stupid auto-correct!
I Know

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Little one wrote:
<quoted text>. It's great you got yourself together. And always thank your mom for being there I know how she feels. You have NO clue what I have been thru with all this. My girl left her child in the nicu at cabell 2 days after birth to hit the streets again to prostitute. My g/child's dad left neither one wanted the child I had to go 2 months latter to get custody. The parents turns around to have another child and it was addicted. CPA took the other child they had. And as for my girl I love her very much. And have put her in rehab countless times. But now she's back out doing heiron and selling her body. I still have her children. She doesn't see them doesn't want to neither does the dad. I have gave my life up to raise her babies. Because she wouldn't. But you are intitled to your opinions. But I am soooo happy everytime I hear someone made it off drugs. Good luck to you and your family I sure hope one day I can say my baby BEAT THE STREETS and not that the streets beat her. Because her children need her and so do I.
I'm sorry if I came off as harsh then! I get very touchy when people say a person's child should be taken just because they got pregnant on methadone or suboxone/subutex, or any other drug. For many people, including myself, that is just what it took for them to get clean and they are just as good of parents to their children as anyone else and better than some. Unfortunately, there are still also many like your daughter that don't do the right thing and it's not only bad for their children but it also gives all women who get pregnant while addicted a bad name and adds to the misconception that every woman that gets pregnant while addicted turns out to be a bad parent.

I'm sorry to hear your daughter hasn't been the mother or daughter she should be. I hate to think about what I put my parents through or what my son had to go through because of my poor decisions. I am just thankful I am clean today and that our whole family is together and happy. For many, it never turns out that way. For all of your sake's I hope your daughter see's the mistakes she's making and pain she is causing and changes her ways. I know you want your daughter back and I am sure her children want their mother, no matter how good of a parent you are being to them and it sounds like you are doing a very good job! If I knew a magical way to make your daughter want to get clean or a way to open her eyes to her mistakes I would tell you but unfortunately every addict has to hit their own bottom and many never do until it's too late or their bottom is death. I hope that isn't the case for your daughter! If you thought that talking to someone who has been there and gotten clean would help her change I would be more than happy to talk to her, I doubt it would help, but if you think it would then let me know and I will be more than happy to try.

Good luck to you and your grandchildren and to your daughter. I hope everything turns out for the best for everyone which means I hope she gets clean soon. Bless you and I apologize again for coming across as harsh.
1 post removed
SO GROSS

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Ever heard of BIRTH CONTROL; if your friend is on suboxone or methadone for "treatment" a good suggestion would be taking the PILL and you wouldn't have this question or addicted babies, no child should have to suffer from your self inflicted sickness
MUsocial

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

The baby more then likely is going to go through withdrawal before even leaving the hospital so yes they will drug screen the baby. CPS will be called and an investigation will happen. If she's taking it legally and monitored by a doctor she has nothing to worry about.
MER1CA

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Some people just need to be sterilized
5 posts removed
I Know

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Seriously, who can see my posts and who cant and does anyone know why it keeps getting removed. It isn't offensive, it is truthful, and I am honestly just trying to give this girl some advice from someone who has been there and will do what i need to do to keep it from getting removed if I knew what that was!
recovering addict

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

The only true way to recover from drug addiction is COMPLETE ABSTINENCE. suboxone and methadone are temporary crutches and in most cases are not effective. However if you are on an opiate, stopping completely while pregnant is actually considered to be more harmful than continuing on a small dose. And the severity of the withdrawal depends on many things, but the baby WILL withdraw. As long as the doctors are aware and the suboxone is prescribed and taken as directed, you probably will not lose your baby. But as I said earlier, the only true path to freedom from addiction is compete abstinence from all mood altering substances. It can be done. There IS a SOLUTION, but it will never be found in a drug. Praying for the still sick and suffering addicts out there..may you see the light.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Personally I think any baby that tests positive for any drugs at Birth should be taken from birth parents! The problem is that they can't do this in Huntington because 8/10 children would be taken away and their aren't enough foster homes for them to go to! So sick to use drugs at all, especially pregnant!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of91
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

122 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Terry jackson 6 min baby 2
aka NY aka Rome 14 min To much 2
Nasheka Jobe 35 min Haha 6
Ronnette Stclair 45 min wondering 2
are coons really that stupid? (Aug '12) 48 min The Responsible Negro 68
Frank Martin (Jul '11) 52 min #12 26
What time does unemployment money show up on de... (Dec '10) 54 min poopdaddy 172
•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••