Springfield, NJ

#1 Nov 25, 2012
Does cabell test newborn for suboxone
CPS

Ardsley, NY

#2 Nov 25, 2012
xwkw05 wrote:
Does cabell test newborn for suboxone

All newborns are tested for drugs. Your a pc of garbage!!! If ur Doin suboxone while your pregnant you should have your baby taken from you!! Hope you do
Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 25, 2012
I didn't know newborns could read test question.
concerned

Beckley, WV

#4 Nov 25, 2012
If someone is on suboxen can they breastfeed?
Thought Police

Parkersburg, WV

#5 Nov 25, 2012
Awesome why don't you cut out the middle man and just inject some heroin directly into your fetus?
1 post removed
RN

United States

#7 Nov 25, 2012
concerned wrote:
If someone is on suboxen can they breastfeed?
Nope suboxone is not safe for a fetus nor is it safe to breast feed while taking suboxone. Anything you put in your system passes through breast milk to your baby. Although subutex is permitted while pregnant I am unsure if it is considered safe while breast feeding. Lastly I would like to say if you are taking suboxone or considering taking suboxone during pregnancy or while breast feeding and gathering your information from topix you are low life trash and should have your baby taken away from you as soon as you give birth!!! You truly gag me!!
Wow

Moneta, VA

#8 Nov 25, 2012
U should not even be takin suboxone while pregnant! They have other things for pregnant women with addictions. They will test if the baby shows ANY signs of withdrawl .
joe

Ashland, KY

#9 Nov 25, 2012
yuuuuuup
1 post removed
xwkw05

Ardsley, NY

#11 Nov 26, 2012
I'm not actually on it I know someone who is and they have done great on it but reventley got pregnant and the doctor told her it was more pf a risk for her to withdraw which I think is crazy what if the hospital test the newborn and. suboxone show up although I know suboxone doesn't show on a normal drug test that's why we are thinking it may not but if so will they take the baby? As I said she would rather come off the meds but her doctor is saying that wld cause a large risk of miscarriage. Does anyone have any expierence of being on sub during pregnancy
hmmmm

Canton, OH

#12 Nov 26, 2012
xwkw05 wrote:
I'm not actually on it I know someone who is and they have done great on it but reventley got pregnant and the doctor told her it was more pf a risk for her to withdraw which I think is crazy what if the hospital test the newborn and. suboxone show up although I know suboxone doesn't show on a normal drug test that's why we are thinking it may not but if so will they take the baby? As I said she would rather come off the meds but her doctor is saying that wld cause a large risk of miscarriage. Does anyone have any expierence of being on sub during pregnancy
Not more of risk! They can go on methadone which IS safer for babies!!!
Concerned

Ridgewood, NY

#13 Nov 26, 2012
There is an increasing number of media accounts and studies concerning crime, overdoses, death, diversion and addiction problems associated with Suboxone / Buprenorphine. Please visit "The Problem” page located at:

www.SuboxoneAbuse.Wordpress.com for more information.
on drugs

Charleston, WV

#14 Nov 26, 2012
i do believe that if you are on drugs, you should be sterlized. our babys do not need your useless drug induced ass as a parent
hmmmmmm

United States

#15 Nov 26, 2012
Oh my god do not listen to the previous post about methadone it is far more dangerous than saboxone...that perso. Is a complete idiot.....get a second opinion if u think ir doctor is wrong....call and set an appointment up with Dr.Bowers. he is awesome
InTheKnow

Point Pleasant, WV

#16 Nov 26, 2012
Subutex is the best choice for pregnancy . Easier for the baby to withdraw from. Quicker recovery for baby. Doctors still encourage breastfeeding.
1 post removed
HearThis

Springfield, NJ

#18 Nov 27, 2012
xwkw05 wrote:
I'm a nurse, and your friend needs to let her clinic know that she is pregnant immediately. They will switch her from suboxone to Subutex and will stop weaning her dose until after the baby is born. She will need to let her OB know up front that she is in a Suboxone clinic and taking subutex. The OB will inform the caretakers in the hospital that the baby will be born addicted and they will treat the baby accordingly to avoid withdrawal. If they are aware the mother is in a treatment program, they wont contact CPS, but the pediatrician will be made aware to monitor for any signs of long term effects, or neglect related to parental drug abuse. They may require scheduled visits or random drug testing, but I am not familiar with Cabells policies.
Either way, hiding the information from her OB and hoping no one will notice is the WORST thing to do. Trying to quit cold turkey and going into.withdrawal is the second worst.
Noyb

United States

#19 Nov 27, 2012
HearThis wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a nurse, and your friend needs to let her clinic know that she is pregnant immediately. They will switch her from suboxone to Subutex and will stop weaning her dose until after the baby is born. She will need to let her OB know up front that she is in a Suboxone clinic and taking subutex. The OB will inform the caretakers in the hospital that the baby will be born addicted and they will treat the baby accordingly to avoid withdrawal. If they are aware the mother is in a treatment program, they wont contact CPS, but the pediatrician will be made aware to monitor for any signs of long term effects, or neglect related to parental drug abuse. They may require scheduled visits or random drug testing, but I am not familiar with Cabells policies.
Either way, hiding the information from her OB and hoping no one will notice is the WORST thing to do. Trying to quit cold turkey and going into.withdrawal is the second worst.
....I'm certainly not on any drug nor pregnant but thanks for the facts. I find it very helpful.
xwkw05

Ardsley, NY

#20 Nov 30, 2012
Yes that us good info thank you if anyone else has any expierence of being on syboxone or subutex please just let me know what was reccomended to you
Ghetto Valley

Parkersburg, WV

#21 Dec 1, 2012
Oh okay, you aren't pregnant you are just asking stupid questions about the hospital drug testing newborns. Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Enjoy that baby while you can cps is going to snatch it when they realize it's already a crackhead and dope sick off of heroin withdrawals.
uuuummmmm

United States

#22 Dec 1, 2012
I think the person who is pregnant should have took precautions on not getting pregnant especially if she is a junkie....that poor baby will have a rough road ahead because of a shitty choice the Birth giver made or is making
xwkw05

Ardsley, NY

#23 Dec 2, 2012
Well I'm not going to let someone just bash on jere I'm just looking for info my best freind is pregnant and on suboxone I myself have also been on suboxone but she is worried about her child and is looking for answers or to here other situations I don't really consider her a junkie considering she has been on one medication for the past yr and a half and is down to a very small dose but got pregnant and would rather come off suboxone but is being advised not so I don't understand anyone saying she is a junkie and her child is going to go into herion withdraws? That's crazy again she wants to come off the medication she is worried about her bbybut is being advised not to and is worried if she does stay on it what will happen at the hosipital again we are looking for advise or similar experiences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sweden Democrats: Trump was right 37 min Karl 4
for blacks.most important civil rights case in... 52 min protect from trump 33
Davis Place Bar 55 min Reaper 36 17
Overdoses 59 min youre pathetic 14
avengers motorcycle club (Nov '11) 1 hr lol 284
Ohio Secretary of State found non-citizens ille... 1 hr Silas 3
America Held Hostage Day 38 2 hr MarkJ- 6
Cabell HELP!!!!! 21 hr Trumpnation 33

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web