Comments
41 - 56 of 56 Comments Last updated Aug 31, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Derper

Huntington, WV

#50 Aug 30, 2013
nope wrote:
It's not always black and white. My ex and I have several kids, the last conceived after my tubes were done. He has a great job. He left while I was pregnant and on bed rest. My family had no choice. We get stamps and I have child support and one other income source. It would not pay me to work until they are all in school and one has special needs. I cannot WAIT to work! So, because my ex is a cheating, neglectful man, I'm given dirty looks at the grocery. I don't have a smartphone, I haven't bought clothes for myself in several years, and we have a no candy/sugary/soda/junk food policy on the food stamp usage. That stuff is expensive and we have to stretch them as far as we can. Being thrown into poverty (45k to 15k) is humbling. No more dance, no vacations, no more fast food, or splurged. This is only temporary and its hurtful that people see me pull out the food car, see the number of children I have,and assume I'm lazy. Please, be more considerate. I'm happy that programs are in place to help me and others like me, affected by circumstances.
If you honestly conceived a child after your tubes were "done", then for pity's sake get a lawyer. You could (and SHOULD) sue that doctor for everything he's worth. Seriously. Pain and suffering and stress on your marriage and hardship on your other children and allll kinds of stuff. Do it. What a lousy doctor. Can't believe they got away with it.
Seriously

Oak Hill, WV

#51 Aug 30, 2013
Getting pregnant after having your tubes tied isn't a reason to sue a doctor. Nothing is 100%. Your told that when you do it.
Everyone is complaining that these women get themselves pregnant, yeah I remember 6th grade health class. As I recall it takes a man to help you get pregnant. So, a guy lies and makes a young girl feel loved and talks her into sex. She gets pregnant and everyone's down on her? He tho gets off without a second thought.(Pun intended)
What happened to both involved parties standing up doing what's right and taking care of the child? Why is it always the girls fault when men bed hop all the time? Now granted there are some out there that just live off the system, but not all of them.
nope

Lancaster, OH

#52 Aug 30, 2013
I checked into it since I was already going through a divorce. I signed paperwork that said the procedure (Adiana implant) was something like 98.5% effective. Even after I'd had a dye injection at 3 months post-surgery and was told I was fine and could go off of the pill. They cover themselves with the 98.5% on the initial surgery. My next two youngest are only 15 months apart. It is rare, but it happens. I considered not having her but couldn't go through with that, even though I am pro-choice. It was Dr. James at KDMC that did my procedure. It could have been a tubal pregnancy. If it had gone undetected (my cycle was messed up bc of stress and breastfeeding) and it was tubal, it cuold have been pretty serious. I was lucky.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#53 Aug 30, 2013
Seriously wrote:
Getting pregnant after having your tubes tied isn't a reason to sue a doctor. Nothing is 100%. Your told that when you do it.
Everyone is complaining that these women get themselves pregnant, yeah I remember 6th grade health class. As I recall it takes a man to help you get pregnant. So, a guy lies and makes a young girl feel loved and talks her into sex. She gets pregnant and everyone's down on her? He tho gets off without a second thought.(Pun intended)
What happened to both involved parties standing up doing what's right and taking care of the child? Why is it always the girls fault when men bed hop all the time? Now granted there are some out there that just live off the system, but not all of them.
Well, by your logic, bed hopping is no reason to get mad at men. Nothing is 100%. A girl should know that when she takes up with one. lol.

But seriously, I don't know what sort of insurance she had, how her doctor was paid, but let's be honest. You pay for a very specific service. I assume after the operation, you are told to wait a specific period of time before sex. One assumes that before sex begins again, she's asked to come in for a check up. One assumes she's tested to see if she's ovulating. To make sure the operation was successful.

If she didn't do the follow up, then she's got herself to blame. But if she did, then what the heck did the insurance or the state or whatever pay for exactly? If you can't sue for paying to be made infertile and then finding yourself pregnant, I don't know what WOULD constitute a good lawsuit. It's simple. She paid for a service, and the doc failed to perform that service. It's not like it was mental therapy, where she might be "cured" for a while and then a year later have some trauma where she needs therapy again. That, you couldn't sue for.

If she's having it that hard financially, for the sake of her kids, she should look into it. Seriously. I'd sue the hell out of a doctor that failed that miserable. Malpractice. That's what they call it.
1 post removed
Derper

Huntington, WV

#55 Aug 30, 2013
I just think she's got a pretty good shot. I'm not a litigious person at all, but if it were me, I would. Seems like if she had the follow up and they TOLD her it worked, she'd have a case. I know with a vasectomy they test to make sure there are no fish in the stream afterwards. :)
nope

Lancaster, OH

#56 Aug 30, 2013
I wish it were that easy, Derper. My attorney looked over the terms I signed. The statement of 98.5 effective and it protects the hospital, doctor, and the device manufacturer. My circumstances matter not. Believe me, I tried but I'm in a different place now...not so frightened. Now that the kid is has been here a while, I'm kind of fond of it. How would I ever say, "Yeah, you were such a mistake that I sued the doctor because you exist.". Some things aren't important in the grand scheme of life. I hope you can understand that.:)

Back to the subject at hand, food stamps and welfare. I DO wish there were some restrictions on food stamp usage. I see what people buy. Hell, you can spend every last penny on Doritos and Mt. Dew and there's nothing that anyone can do about it. There should be restrictions on the amount of junk purchased but that would take forever, much like an itemized WIC coupon purchase.

Something also needs to be done about people selling their stamps but how once again, how would that be monitored? If people want to use their food benefits to trade for drugs, they'll find a way. It's a messed up system but I'm still thankful for it.
nope

Lancaster, OH

#57 Aug 30, 2013
I'm lucky to have a great family that helps me out more than most people. If it weren't for them, I don't know what I would do. I can see now how someone can end up in a shelter or losing their kids to the system because they cannot provide for them. If not for my family, that could ahve been us. We are extremely lucky.
Guessing

Branchland, WV

#58 Aug 31, 2013
Derper wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, by your logic, bed hopping is no reason to get mad at men. Nothing is 100%. A girl should know that when she takes up with one. lol.
But seriously, I don't know what sort of insurance she had, how her doctor was paid, but let's be honest. You pay for a very specific service. I assume after the operation, you are told to wait a specific period of time before sex. One assumes that before sex begins again, she's asked to come in for a check up. One assumes she's tested to see if she's ovulating. To make sure the operation was successful.
If she didn't do the follow up, then she's got herself to blame. But if she did, then what the heck did the insurance or the state or whatever pay for exactly? If you can't sue for paying to be made infertile and then finding yourself pregnant, I don't know what WOULD constitute a good lawsuit. It's simple. She paid for a service, and the doc failed to perform that service. It's not like it was mental therapy, where she might be "cured" for a while and then a year later have some trauma where she needs therapy again. That, you couldn't sue for.
If she's having it that hard financially, for the sake of her kids, she should look into it. Seriously. I'd sue the hell out of a doctor that failed that miserable. Malpractice. That's what they call it.
Derper has to be a male since this post shows no clue. Better be sure to wrap yourself that is if you're ever that lucky to get a piece!!
Seriously

Oak Hill, WV

#59 Aug 31, 2013
Derper wrote:
<quoted text>Well, by your logic, bed hopping is no reason to get mad at men. Nothing is 100%. A girl should know that when she takes up with one. lol.

But seriously, I don't know what sort of insurance she had, how her doctor was paid, but let's be honest. You pay for a very specific service. I assume after the operation, you are told to wait a specific period of time before sex. One assumes that before sex begins again, she's asked to come in for a check up. One assumes she's tested to see if she's ovulating. To make sure the operation was successful.

If she didn't do the follow up, then she's got herself to blame. But if she did, then what the heck did the insurance or the state or whatever pay for exactly? If you can't sue for paying to be made infertile and then finding yourself pregnant, I don't know what WOULD constitute a good lawsuit. It's simple. She paid for a service, and the doc failed to perform that service. It's not like it was mental therapy, where she might be "cured" for a while and then a year later have some trauma where she needs therapy again. That, you couldn't sue for.

If she's having it that hard financially, for the sake of her kids, she should look into it. Seriously. I'd sue the hell out of a doctor that failed that miserable. Malpractice. That's what they call it.
Pretty sure my post didn't ok men bed hopping. The point is, guys can make a bunch of kids and people on here lay the blame on the women. We should've known better. Really? Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure every person you've slept with you've know every bit of their sexual history. People couldn't possibly lie to you. That's just unheard of!

Before its even asked, yes I'm a single mother. Their father was one of these that thought his soul purpose to populate the world with his likeness. I have in the past received assistance. No, I do not receive it now. I support my children completely on my own.

There is no real follow up to that surgery. Look it up, those little tubes like to reconnect.

Since: Aug 13

Lancaster, OH

#60 Aug 31, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>

There is no real follow up to that surgery. Look it up, those little tubes like to reconnect.
I don't need to look it up, I had the procedure. The follow-up is a dye test given at 3 months post-procedure. If the tubes aren't blocked, then we would have waited 3 months, checked again and had a different procedure if they still weren't blocked. I was told that mine WERE blocked. Why are you harping on this? It's as if you're attempting to discredit me by saying I did not do everything I could or was not properly informed. A lot of information has come out about Adiana in the past 4 years. I did plenty of research prior to the procedure. When that child was born, my doc removed a huge chunk of my tubes, as if they were diseased, to prevent another pregnancy.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#61 Aug 31, 2013
see, I didn't know what the follow up was, but I made an educated guess. As scumdrop said, there IS a test. I suspected there was.

I get what you say, about the signed paper and 98%. But doctors must get every patient to sign such a paper, for every procedure, no matter what they are performing. And yet you see doctors being sued for malpractice. And sometimes the patient wins. One wonders what sort of paper those doctors had the patient sign, because apparently it didn't hold water.

Anyway, I learned some stuff today, and that means it's been a good one.

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#62 Aug 31, 2013
I'm all for "Sustainable Development". The world has a big population problem. We've hit peak oil. There's more demand than there is supply for food and other resources. Too many people lack educations or sufficient means of surviving on their own let alone bringing more future failures and system leaches into this world. That's not cynical. That can be backed up easily with stats. Not all life is valuable. Sorry. If you are not stable financially or lack the capacity to provide any sort of good role modeling for your children, please stop having them. Please. For the love of Christ, please stop reproducing. Not everyone deserves a child because they are cute. They grow up to be problems. Big problems. To everyone. If you struggle to support yourself, you damn sure don't need to be having children.
educated

United States

#63 Aug 31, 2013
I was denied food stamp assistance while pregnant but did receive a medical card. I was in school full time and my husband worked full time. Since then I graduated and became a nurse. I'm glad the medical card was available to me when I needed it. Even though I was denied food benefits, we made it though rough times while I finished school. People who need it, I'm 100% for it!

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#64 Aug 31, 2013
As I said above. There is a simple solution. Maladjusted, low IQ, uneducated/perpetually unemployed people should not be having children. It's not a right, it's a responsibility.
Ayn Rand

San Jose, CA

#65 Aug 31, 2013
StupidProof wrote:
I'm all for "Sustainable Development". The world has a big population problem. We've hit peak oil. There's more demand than there is supply for food and other resources. Too many people lack educations or sufficient means of surviving on their own let alone bringing more future failures and system leaches into this world. That's not cynical. That can be backed up easily with stats. Not all life is valuable. Sorry. If you are not stable financially or lack the capacity to provide any sort of good role modeling for your children, please stop having them. Please. For the love of Christ, please stop reproducing. Not everyone deserves a child because they are cute. They grow up to be problems. Big problems. To everyone. If you struggle to support yourself, you damn sure
don't need to be having children.
An Interview with Ayn Rand, Author Of Atlas Shrugged

Derper

Huntington, WV

#66 Aug 31, 2013
Guessing wrote:
<quoted text>
Derper has to be a male since this post shows no clue. Better be sure to wrap yourself that is if you're ever that lucky to get a piece!!
Specifically, what did I say that "shows no clue"? I admitted I only knew about vasectomy, not tubal ligation, but apparently I made accurate deductions based on what I DID know to be facts. Please dissect my response and give me examples, so that I may better myself and aspire to your level. I f'ing dare you. Please, oh please, make me look foolish. Idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 min Another Damn Liberal 57,047
what do white people fear most from non white p... 11 min whitechick 73
captain ds washington ave (Mar '12) 22 min crazy101 3
Debate: Ferguson - Huntington, WV 1 hr THE LAST WARRIOR ... 227
laura keys "henson" 1 hr gross 23
food bank 1 hr ???? 1
Charles "Bucky" Hirschmann 1 hr lets talk 1
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••