Parents of obese children.....why oh why
i want to change

Vienna, WV

#95 Apr 21, 2013
MUAlum14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? I am about to graduate with a Bachelors of Science in Exercise Physiology. I know ALL about metabolism, exercise, nutrition, and fitness. You must have a Masters degree in excuses. I'll gladly be your person trainer if you (or your child) are serious about losing weight.
I do not know how to eat healthy. I know I am lazy. I need to eat less. I really want to be healthy. I do not know where to start. Can you really help me?
stupid thing

Moneta, VA

#96 Apr 21, 2013
MUAlum14 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh really? I am about to graduate with a Bachelors of Science in Exercise Physiology. I know ALL about metabolism, exercise, nutrition, and fitness. You must have a Masters degree in excuses. I'll gladly be your person trainer if you (or your child) are serious about losing weight.
If u are about to graduate ill kiss ur azz!
NOONE with a life post on topix. Not saying I do ( have a life),but I know LOTs of people with degrees from all over and they have NEVER heard of this sight. I only know of this site from my druggie cousin ( by marriage thank God)! Everyone knows why I post here. At least I don't pretend to be high class know it all new ms Google 101 n
Yeah

Elkview, WV

#97 Apr 21, 2013
MUAlum14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? I am about to graduate with a Bachelors of Science in Exercise Physiology. I know ALL about metabolism, exercise, nutrition, and fitness. You must have a Masters degree in excuses. I'll gladly be your person trainer if you (or your child) are serious about losing weight.
Have you ever been overweight?

If not you do not know what it is like.

It's easy to preach to people about weight loss when you have always been skinny and attractive.
Report Abuse

Prestonsburg, KY

#98 Apr 21, 2013
stupid thing wrote:
<quoted text>
If u are about to graduate ill kiss ur azz!
NOONE with a life post on topix. Not saying I do ( have a life),but I know LOTs of people with degrees from all over and they have NEVER heard of this sight. I only know of this site from my druggie cousin ( by marriage thank God)! Everyone knows why I post here. At least I don't pretend to be high class know it all new ms Google 101 n
Just because a person posts on TOPIX doesn't mean they don't have a life. That's really an idiotic generalization. And "everyboyd" doesn't know why you post. I'm an everybody and have no idea why you post or even care that you do.

The person who's writing about weight and nutrition is on target. Letting yourelf be overweight is bad enough but making up excuses for your children's weight is pathetic and jeopardizing their health in the years to come. Overweight children should be considered as abused children and reported to CPS and a medically planned diet established for the parents to follow for them.
Moderate

United States

#99 Apr 21, 2013
That is exactly right. Before a certain age, children are no more competent to determine what they should eat than they are to consent to sex, drink alcohol, smoke or drive a car. It is a parent's job to instill good eating and exercise habits in his/her children during their formative years. An obese child is a victim of his/her environment.
Lycan

Huntington, IN

#100 Apr 21, 2013
Well said.
Fat kids are products of fat habits. Simple.
Lycan

Huntington, IN

#101 Apr 21, 2013
Silent majority wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame...quote me....didnt say anything of the sort. I told ya to mind your own business and not all fat people are dirty and lazy. Anything else?
I was minding my own business. You replied to my comment first and started telling me I had a problem because your kid is a chunk.
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

#102 Apr 21, 2013
I dont see anything wrong with kids being large, it gives the normal kids at school something to punch on during the schoolday..
young mother of 3

Huntington, WV

#103 Apr 21, 2013
I am so interested in everyone's opinions on this subject. I have to say that we like to eat both good food and bad food. I cook quite a bit and eat out with the kids as well. This whole food thing is a matter of a balanced diet and working out. Our kids learn from us, so let's try and keep them healthy.
MUAlum14

Hadley, PA

#104 Apr 21, 2013
i want to change wrote:
<quoted text>I do not know how to eat healthy. I know I am lazy. I need to eat less. I really want to be healthy. I do not know where to start. Can you really help me?
Yes, absolutely! I would be more than happy to help you. If you really want to start getting healthy, I can email you if you'd like. It would be easiest to create a new email on Yahoo or Google & post it here (so no one spams your regular email account or tries to hack into it).
Apparent

Huntington, WV

#105 Apr 22, 2013
Tell The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not being truthful. Biology dictates that if you eat less and move more, you will not be obese.
Biology can dictate all it wants, but reality is that some kids are just gonna be larger. My son. Is 12 he weighs 150 pounds, we eat at home, mostly chicken, veggies, and eat healthy about 95 percent of the time. My son is on the wrestling team, track, football and also does baseball....in between sports he spends his days playing outside, and even exercises (cardio and weight lifting) 30 minutes a day.......he is still overweight. He gets frustrated because kids pick on him and judge him for something that is beyond his control.

Doctor has ran extensive blood work, checked all his levels and there is no medical reason for his weight.

He does not over eat, and we seldom go out to eat, when we do its more often subway or a healthy place, because my son worries about his weight.

Some kids are just gonna be larger, but you know what......it's not people who are overweight that are the problem, it's ignorant people who think that everyone is a cookie cutter person that are the real problem......judge folks on who they ad, not what they look like......I am judging you only on your own words and have found you to be lacking as a human being.
pretzel

United States

#106 Apr 22, 2013
Portion control, limit snacking, no soda.
Yeah

Elkview, WV

#107 Apr 22, 2013
I don't care what kind of education you have.

You cannot justify how some skinny people eat worse than fat people and remain skinny.

It sure as hell is not their diet.

It must be metabolism.
Zaphod

United States

#108 Apr 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:

You cannot justify how some skinny people eat worse than fat people and remain skinny.

It must be metabolism.
You don't have to believe it for it to be true. While its true that people do have differing metabolisms, the main factors in your weight are diet and exercise. Just keep eating your Cheetos, Chubbs. Let the rest of us do the thinking for you.
MUAlum14

Hadley, PA

#109 Apr 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:

It must be metabolism.
Yes, some people do have faster metabolisms and are naturally skinny, but that doesn't mean you can't CHANGE your metabolism by exercise and diet! Do you even understand exactly what "metabolism" is? It's the process within your cells of breaking down food- carbohydrates, fats, and proteins- and using it for energy. This happens when the nutrients are taken up through the digestive system into the bloodstream, and transported to the muscle cells to be used by the mitochondria. If there is an excess, and energy is not needed, your body stores it as fat. That's why weight loss is so simple: eat less, which creates a calorie deficit, which uses the stored fat for energy, and ta-da! weigh less.
Silent majority

Chesapeake, OH

#110 Apr 22, 2013
MUAlum14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, some people do have faster metabolisms and are naturally skinny, but that doesn't mean you can't CHANGE your metabolism by exercise and diet! Do you even understand exactly what "metabolism" is? It's the process within your cells of breaking down food- carbohydrates, fats, and proteins- and using it for energy. This happens when the nutrients are taken up through the digestive system into the bloodstream, and transported to the muscle cells to be used by the mitochondria. If there is an excess, and energy is not needed, your body stores it as fat. That's why weight loss is so simple: eat less, which creates a calorie deficit, which uses the stored fat for energy, and ta-da! weigh less.
Until you have a medical degree your opinion means dick...
Zaphod

United States

#111 Apr 22, 2013
Silent majority wrote:
<quoted text>Until you have a medical degree your opinion means dick...
Does that go for you as well or just people you disagree with? Hate to break it to you, genius, pretty much any doctor will tell you the same thing. It is simple science.
lol

Charleston, WV

#112 Apr 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
It must be metabolism.
This is a common misconception, but it lends to the psychological disorder associated with overeating. "Skinny" people are much more comfortable with eating in public, because they do not have a disorder. The obese, who obviously have a disorder, are usually too ashamed to eat in public like they normally would. The difference is, the skinny person won't go home and swallow a whole pizza while watching TV by himself or herself. I can't help but notice fat people in restaurants ordering salads or whatever they think is healthy, as if that's what they want to eat or usually do eat.
Lycan

Huntington, IN

#113 Apr 22, 2013
I soooo agree with the comment of eating in public made just above! Like who the hell are they kidding with a diet soda for a beverage as well?

Besides, women with a healthy appeitie are sexy! I will say that in all my travels, more so in this area (and the south in general) than anywhere else, food is an event. Here, food is a social gathering with family, friends, and fun.
I think that has to do alot with eating "disorders" more then people give it credit.
MUAlum14

Hadley, PA

#114 Apr 22, 2013
Silent majority wrote:
<quoted text>Until you have a medical degree your opinion means dick...
Oh, so something that has been proven scientifically and written in hundreds of textbooks and academic journals is "dick"? Are you a troll or just ignorantly unintelligent?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 9 min Need a job 1,376
Democratic National Committee fail 17 min Dr Oz 4
Cassie Wilburn Dillon 41 min James 4
News Officer's alleged sexual misconduct results in ... (Feb '09) 42 min Bbb 46
Wife is having affair 51 min JKS 5
Ashleigh Watson 2 hr Overdose 2
Catholic Hierarchy in West Virginia ? 2 hr Tina 6

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance