Parents of obese children.....why oh why

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
confused parent

Hurricane, WV

#1 Apr 19, 2013
Don't you care about the health of your children?

Why continue to allow them to keep getting larger and larger?

Stop letting them consume unhealthy products.

You need called out in public and humiliated.

Shame on you.
Silent majority

Chesapeake, OH

#2 Apr 19, 2013
confused parent wrote:
Don't you care about the health of your children?
Why continue to allow them to keep getting larger and larger?
Stop letting them consume unhealthy products.
You need called out in public and humiliated.
Shame on you.
Lmao, another self rightious democrat dictating to the rest of us.....You need 2 mind your own business michelle....not everybody is skinny, not everybody has a properly functioning thyroid, not everybody has the $ to buy healthy fat free food.....this is america, we can eat what we want. If you dont like it too bad for you...
Someone Somewhere

Germany

#3 Apr 19, 2013
Because some of the parents are too lazy to cook and get their little ones moving. Not all of them, but some.
sandra

Secaucus, NJ

#4 Apr 19, 2013
nothing like being in walmart seeing some overweight kid munching on chips and drinking mountain dew while momma and papa fill up their buggy with junk food. sad but true.
Silent majority

Chesapeake, OH

#5 Apr 19, 2013
sandra wrote:
nothing like being in walmart seeing some overweight kid munching on chips and drinking mountain dew while momma and papa fill up their buggy with junk food. sad but true.
I agree friend...but its still none of your business.
I am a dem

Huntington, WV

#6 Apr 19, 2013
Silent majority wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree friend...but its still none of your business.
Gotta disagree on this one. When working people like me pay into the health care system via our taxes, it becomes everyones business. So many of the people being described are on CHIP or welfare, etc., so I feel that we have a certain responsibility to speak our minds on this subject.
Paws

Huntington, WV

#7 Apr 19, 2013
Silent majority wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao, another self rightious democrat dictating to the rest of us.....You need 2 mind your own business michelle....not everybody is skinny, not everybody has a properly functioning thyroid, not everybody has the $ to buy healthy fat free food.....this is america, we can eat what we want. If you dont like it too bad for you...
Fat free food isn't healthy. Fresh fruits and vegetables are healthy. Fish and skinless chicken are healthier options. Cooking real food takes a little time and effort. So must lazy parents go through the drive-thru and let the TV watch their kids.
Silent majority

Chesapeake, OH

#8 Apr 19, 2013
Paws wrote:
<quoted text>
Fat free food isn't healthy. Fresh fruits and vegetables are healthy. Fish and skinless chicken are healthier options. Cooking real food takes a little time and effort. So must lazy parents go through the drive-thru and let the TV watch their kids.
So now all parents with fat kids are "lazy"? I dont debate with people who set up false premises and broad generalizations...thanks for the fruit lesson tho...next
I am a dem

Huntington, WV

#9 Apr 19, 2013
Silent majority wrote:
<quoted text>
Healthy foods cost less. You eat less because you get more nutrients. Healthy food costing more is a myth.
1 post removed
Silent majority

Chesapeake, OH

#11 Apr 19, 2013
I am a dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta disagree on this one. When working people like me pay into the health care system via our taxes, it becomes everyones business. So many of the people being described are on CHIP or welfare, etc., so I feel that we have a certain responsibility to speak our minds on this subject.
I respect your opinion and appreciate your candor. This is why republicans generally dont like the government sustaining individuals thru welfare...it always leads to self rightious people thinking they now have the right to dictate how these people lead their private lives. Republicans tend to want to teach people to fish rather than just giv them free fish...
Paws

Huntington, WV

#12 Apr 19, 2013
Silent majority wrote:
<quoted text>
So now all parents with fat kids are "lazy"? I dont debate with people who set up false premises and broad generalizations...thanks for the fruit lesson tho...next
For the most part yes, they're lazy. You don't get fat by being active and eating fresh, real food. You get fat from sitting around and stuffing your gob with garbage food.
The simple process of walking through a grocery store and buying fresh food then cooking it, will burn more calories than driving to McDonald's. Being active and playing with your kid is better than letting the TV or computer babysit. Sponge Bob is not your babydaddy get off your ass and take care of your kid.
Silent majority

Chesapeake, OH

#13 Apr 19, 2013
__- Really-__ wrote:
<quoted text>Let me tell you my take on childhood obesity.. First you have a majority single parent home, Mom at work.. Child sits at school all day, child comes home and eats inexspensive Mac/cheese dinner, watches tv/video game, bed time.. On weeken in the house. We cannot allow our children out to play without supervision due to the fear of pedophiles, murderers, sex offenders, etc. Most parents are busy and cannot go out. So child is trapped inside. Its just a sign of our times and nothing to do with neglect. Maybe parents should band together and volunteer to watch outside play groups.
According to the Original poster we should be brought before the town and publically "humiliated".....Som e people just simply lack critical thinking skills..God love em'

Your idea about play groups is a good one...
Silent majority

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Apr 19, 2013
I am a dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Healthy foods cost less. You eat less because you get more nutrients. Healthy food costing more is a myth.
I can eat a bologna sandwich and ramen for a buck....in contrast have u priced chicken or fresh fish or fresh fruit lately?

Now its your turn to provide an example...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15 Apr 19, 2013
I actually feel really sorry for these children. I don't understand why a parent wouldn't want the best for their child. That includes their health as well. In my opinion, allowing your child to become so large that they developed diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure or any other weight related health issue should be considered child abuse. At that point child protective services should step in and require these parents to attend parenting classes and consult with a dietitian.
1 post removed
oranges

Ashland, KY

#17 Apr 19, 2013
I know kids who eat healthy all the time, don't even like junk foods, are always outside running around or playing sports and are still overweight. It's not always because of fat lazy junk food parents.
MUAlum14

Huntington, WV

#18 Apr 19, 2013
I don't care about excuses. There is absolutely NO reason why your child cannot have a healthy lunch, fruit, veggies, whole grains, low fat dairy. It's not hard! Aldi's has cheap health food, for goodness sakes! Instead of buying your kid a new Wii and video game, buy them a basketball hoop or bike or scooter or hula hoop or ANYTHING that gets them moving! I interact with middle schoolers at least once a week and it is completely heart breaking to watch obese kids get picked on and teased about their weight when they can't keep up with other kids, & they have to order XXL shirts for events. Not to mention the hundreds of health issues you're giving your child- diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, respiratory problems from excessive weight in their lungs & trachea, stunted bone growth, etc. Wake up parents! Get off your butts, take a walk with your kids, sign them up for a sport, and stop feeding them junk. It's not difficult.
3 posts removed
jamaal deshawn wilson

Cleveland, OH

#22 Apr 19, 2013
jus go 2 walmark around 1st of da month an all u sees is fat peple in da frozen fode ile an snack ile buyin easy things 2 fix thay kids cartz full of pop chips froze piza all payed 4 wif fode stamps no wonder thay so miny fat peple u gots 2 eat rite and stop usin xcuses like thighroy problims git up an movin an stop ridin in thos hanicap scoters try walkin an da fat mite come off
Tell The Truth

┼kersberga, Sweden

#23 Apr 19, 2013
oranges wrote:
I know kids who eat healthy all the time, don't even like junk foods, are always outside running around or playing sports and are still overweight. It's not always because of fat lazy junk food parents.
You are not being truthful. Biology dictates that if you eat less and move more, you will not be obese.
please spare us

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Apr 19, 2013
oranges wrote:
might be 1 out of a thousand people who have an bad thyroid, otherwise your post is full of it.
I am a dem

Huntington, WV

#25 Apr 19, 2013
MUAlum14 wrote:
I don't care about excuses. There is absolutely NO reason why your child cannot have a healthy lunch, fruit, veggies, whole grains, low fat dairy. It's not hard! Aldi's has cheap health food, for goodness sakes! Instead of buying your kid a new Wii and video game, buy them a basketball hoop or bike or scooter or hula hoop or ANYTHING that gets them moving! I interact with middle schoolers at least once a week and it is completely heart breaking to watch obese kids get picked on and teased about their weight when they can't keep up with other kids, & they have to order XXL shirts for events. Not to mention the hundreds of health issues you're giving your child- diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, respiratory problems from excessive weight in their lungs & trachea, stunted bone growth, etc. Wake up parents! Get off your butts, take a walk with your kids, sign them up for a sport, and stop feeding them junk. It's not difficult.
Kudos. Great post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No one cares about current St Louis BLM riots 28 min Black Sambo 14
Coooons all over dopeville 38 min Monroe Fisher 3
wsaz and tony cavalier 3 hr LennyThe G aybobb 2
America Held Hostage Day 243 4 hr MarkJ- 3
U R being played by foreign trolls? 5 hr MarkJ- 104
Swingers (Sep '13) 5 hr Joey 57
America Held Hostage Day 242 5 hr MarkJ- 25
Josh Fitzpatrick Fired 7 hr cecilia 139

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web