Protect Marriage WV

Level 3

Since: Dec 08

Barboursville

#47 Jun 13, 2012
Sheila wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it nonsense, but it's the truth. With Romney as President, homosexuals will no longer have a "friend and lobbyist in the White House." I recently, as I have in the past, proudly turned away a homosexual "couple" who was wanting to rent one of my apartments in Huntington. Him and his "partner" came to look, and after a little questioning, it was determined that they were homosexuals. I confronted them in a polite way and and let them know that I would not rent to them. More people need to take this approach (where it is still legal. I harbor no hate for the homosexual. I just don't want to be around their chosen lifestyle and have hope that they will straighten up their lives. Our nation needs go get back on the straight and narrow. Now, we are poised to bring about constitutional reform in West Virginia!
I remember you from awhile back on here. Not only have you turned away complete strangers... you turned away your own son because he is gay. I see you haven't changed a bit. I am glad that the likes of you are now a fewer number. You are the minority, thus, the reason you only have managed to gather a piddling amount of signatures on your petition.
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#48 Jun 13, 2012
I'm still waiting to hear how gay marriage will effect any hetero marriage.
Sheila

Saint Albans, WV

#49 Jun 13, 2012
wvcinder wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember you from awhile back on here. Not only have you turned away complete strangers... you turned away your own son because he is gay. I see you haven't changed a bit. I am glad that the likes of you are now a fewer number. You are the minority, thus, the reason you only have managed to gather a piddling amount of signatures on your petition.
Minority? Guess you didn't see the north carolina results.
well

Ardsley, NY

#50 Jun 13, 2012
No sin is greater than any other in the eyes of God. Also, Jesus specifically states to love everyone regardless of their flaws. Loving someone unconditionally cannot be sinful; it's what your supposed to do. Love is God's will, and no one should be able to say who anyone has a right to love. Marriage is sacred because it is a sign of a commitment forever. Why should it matter who is making that commitment as long as they are doing it because they love someone? We were not meant to judge. No one is writing any petitions to keep alcoholics away from the bottle. All this hate mongering is mind boggling. This is the twenty-first century, and we have made so much progress in equal rights that this issue is ridiculous to even discuss. Remember when women had no rights? When black people had no rights? We got over that, and this will eventually be an issue of the past, too. I can't wait for my parents' generation to die out because all of the hate and prejudice will slowly die with them. The newer generations are far more accepting of people for who they are, not what they do. Your beliefs are being replaced by rational and reasonable belief that all man really was created equal.

I hope you come to my door asking for a signature. I will welcome you as my neighbor, but I will inform you as to why you are doing wrong in the eyes of God. I wish I could open your eyes.
1 post removed
TheTruth

Ardsley, NY

#52 Jun 13, 2012
mandy wrote:
<quoted text>But you expect us to fu cking change to satisfy your needs?? And I bet if you seen my wife you wouldn't know she was gay. Not all of us are the same just like all men aren't the same. I guess because I've had abusive men around me your just like that? I guess because there are men that rape women, kids, or babies you do that? How about I compare you to every man I met? You think you know us when it reality you don't have a fu cking clue. You don't like the way us dykes look or the guys that dress like girls you say? Question, is your neck broke???

And you chose to be a close minded woman beater so you have to live with the consequences......

And you said you don t bully hen in fact you doing just that by stopping us from being happy.

And woman do have balls their just placed a little higher.:)
What you say about me doesn't bother me or hurt me. I know who I am and I'm true to myself. I know I'm none of the above stated and have no need to worry about it. Trust me though I'm not bullying you because if I was you'd probably be crying right now. As I stated above I don't like gays per-say but have no problems with them. If they're not hanging around me or trying to hit on me I'm cool, but I'm tired of seeing gays thinking they deserve special rights.
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#53 Jun 13, 2012
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
What you say about me doesn't bother me or hurt me. I know who I am and I'm true to myself. I know I'm none of the above stated and have no need to worry about it. Trust me though I'm not bullying you because if I was you'd probably be crying right now. As I stated above I don't like gays per-say but have no problems with them. If they're not hanging around me or trying to hit on me I'm cool, but I'm tired of seeing gays thinking they deserve special rights.
What special rights are they demanding?
1 post removed

Level 3

Since: Dec 08

Barboursville

#55 Jun 13, 2012
Sheila wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, dear, you are in the minority. The only thing the North Carolina vote showed was that our young people still do not understand the importance of voting. By the way--- How is your son doing? Do you even know? Do you really think that anyone values the voice of someone who shuns her own child?

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#56 Jun 13, 2012
Sheila wrote:
I am pleased to announce that we now have over 1,000 signatures in our petition drive to put a constitutional amendment defining marriage ONLY between 1 man and 1 woman on the ballot next Spring. Fresh off of a STRONG win in North Carolina, we are ready to claim victory in the Mountain State! Our brothers and sisters in Maryland and Washington State have now secured enough signatures to put measures on the ballot to stop the newly enacted Gay Marriage efforts. Our 1,000 signatures have maninly been collected in Wayne, Lincoln and Putnam Counties. Over the next 2 weeks, we will going door to door in the Huntington area. The hope is to exceed 50,000 and present them to the WV legislature and the Secretary of State. Together, we CAN protect marriage in the mountain state.
How lame.

People like you need to find more important things to do than garbage like this. I need to start a petition to rid the world of intolerant, narrow-minded, fear mongering Neanderthals like yourself.
Anonymous

Conneaut Lake, PA

#57 Jun 13, 2012
Sheila wrote:
I am pleased to announce that we now have over 1,000 signatures in our petition drive to put a constitutional amendment defining marriage ONLY between 1 man and 1 woman on the ballot next Spring. Fresh off of a STRONG win in North Carolina, we are ready to claim victory in the Mountain State! Our brothers and sisters in Maryland and Washington State have now secured enough signatures to put measures on the ballot to stop the newly enacted Gay Marriage efforts. Our 1,000 signatures have maninly been collected in Wayne, Lincoln and Putnam Counties. Over the next 2 weeks, we will going door to door in the Huntington area. The hope is to exceed 50,000 and present them to the WV legislature and the Secretary of State. Together, we CAN protect marriage in the mountain state.
Exactly what are you protecting marriage from? If you feel your marriage is threatened by two people who are in love, perhaps you and your spouse should see a counselor instead of sticking your nose into the business of others.

Level 2

Earth

#58 Jun 13, 2012
Sheila wrote:
<quoted text>Call it nonsense, but it's the truth. With Romney as President, homosexuals will no longer have a "friend and lobbyist in the White House." I recently, as I have in the past, proudly turned away a homosexual "couple" who was wanting to rent one of my apartments in Huntington. Him and his "partner" came to look, and after a little questioning, it was determined that they were homosexuals. I confronted them in a polite way and and let them know that I would not rent to them. More people need to take this approach (where it is still legal. I harbor no hate for the homosexual. I just don't want to be around their chosen lifestyle and have hope that they will straighten up their lives. Our nation needs go get back on the straight and narrow. Now, we are poised to bring about constitutional reform in West Virginia!
Well on the bright side eventually old narrowminded fools like yourself will be dead and buried and the world will have one less hate filled "person". Hate to break it to you but the recent generations of kids aka the future of our nation have grown up to respect people or all races, color, creed, gender , and yes sexuality. The crap you're trying to preach will be a joke that this and future generations tell.

Level 2

Earth

#59 Jun 13, 2012
mandy wrote:
<quoted text>You don't like the gay lifestyle forced on you?? What the fu ck are you talking about? Are we forcing you I be gay??? Ummmm no, but you all think you can force us to be straight, force us into being closed minded as you people. You think being gay is by choice? Then so is being straight.
Yea don't you know... Being gay is an obvious choice that all gay people choose. However being a big fat portly overweight tub of lard is a disease and can't be helped.
mandy

Huntington, WV

#60 Jun 13, 2012
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>What you say about me doesn't bother me or hurt me. I know who I am and I'm true to myself. I know I'm none of the above stated and have no need to worry about it. Trust me though I'm not bullying you because if I was you'd probably be crying right now. As I stated above I don't like gays per-say but have no problems with them. If they're not hanging around me or trying to hit on me I'm cool, but I'm tired of seeing gays thinking they deserve special rights.
Lmao @ making me cry...and we're sick of straights thinking they have the right to stop us from getting married and being happy. So your no better then us.
Nivedita Bhasin

Dallas, TX

#61 Jun 13, 2012
Sheila wrote:
I am pleased to announce that we now have over 1,000 signatures in our petition drive to put a constitutional amendment defining marriage ONLY between 1 man and 1 woman on the ballot next Spring.
how is that protecting your marriage? Have you thought of doing something about the 50% divorce rate?
Hmmm

Huntington, WV

#62 Jun 13, 2012
Sheila wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, North Carolina. The majority of votes came from,in very large, part the less educated areas of the State. That seems to fit the pattern. Take sincere but ignorant people, manufacture appears to a "threat" of some kind to them and offer them a chance to "eliminate" by their vote.

Sounds about right for the WV petitioners.

Level 2

Earth

#63 Jun 13, 2012
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>What you say about me doesn't bother me or hurt me. I know who I am and I'm true to myself. I know I'm none of the above stated and have no need to worry about it. Trust me though I'm not bullying you because if I was you'd probably be crying right now. As I stated above I don't like gays per-say but have no problems with them. If they're not hanging around me or trying to hit on me I'm cool, but I'm tired of seeing gays thinking they deserve special rights.
For not caring you sure do whine like a little bitch.
Nivedita Bhasin

Dallas, TX

#64 Jun 13, 2012
Sheila wrote:
<quoted text>
don't want to be around their chosen lifestyle and have hope that they will straighten up their lives.
What are they doing around you that is so offensive? Do they pay their bills? Do they respect one another and their neighbors? Do they have loud parties every night? A barking dog? I mean, come on, what is it that would make them bad tenants?
lostmymind304

United States

#65 Jun 13, 2012
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>President to-be Romney supports traditional marriage and NO civil unions. Thetr are rfforts underway to revrrsr the military drcision. If a homosexual wants to visit their lover in a hospital, thats one thing. A patient should decide who visits. But, as far as any other benefits, it should be no different than 2 roommates. 2 men are friends, not husbands.
lmao Romney is an idiot
lostmymind304

United States

#66 Jun 13, 2012
Sheila wrote:
<quoted text>Call it nonsense, but it's the truth. With Romney as President, homosexuals will no longer have a "friend and lobbyist in the White House." I recently, as I have in the past, proudly turned away a homosexual "couple" who was wanting to rent one of my apartments in Huntington. Him and his "partner" came to look, and after a little questioning, it was determined that they were homosexuals. I confronted them in a polite way and and let them know that I would not rent to them. More people need to take this approach (where it is still legal. I harbor no hate for the homosexual. I just don't want to be around their chosen lifestyle and have hope that they will straighten up their lives. Our nation needs go get back on the straight and narrow. Now, we are poised to bring about constitutional reform in West Virginia!
that is illegal discrimination
lostmymind304

United States

#67 Jun 13, 2012
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>You can be artificially inseminated. Unless of course you break the gay code and sleep with a dude. However, we all know that two males or females simply can't reproduce with each other. The gay community likes to try and force their lifestyle upon us straights. They expect and want everything straights have and more.

I have a question for the gays. Why do you think it should be accepted for guys to dress and act like girls and vice versa? It's not normal and just plain nasty to me.
people like u ate "forcing" or tryin to force everyone to be straight.u are the culprits not them
lostmymind304

United States

#68 Jun 13, 2012
Mr_Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>How lame.

People like you need to find more important things to do than garbage like this. I need to start a petition to rid the world of intolerant, narrow-minded, fear mongering Neanderthals like yourself.
you go Miz!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you ever want to understand the liberal mind 2 min MarkJ- 40
Can't Afford To Feed My Wife 5 min mmmhm 9
Applebee's 18 min Nancy 7
Steel of wv interview (Jan '15) 24 min mmmhm 41
Any intellectual discussions or is fart this al... 29 min Nancy 5
Baltimore Street news 1 hr Lola Falanas 415
What's Your Best Fart Story ? 1 hr Herd 91 2

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance